MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Logo

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service

Having problems with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV?

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 19, 2007. The latest review Not getting the service that was promised was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint Service was resolved on Jun 13, 2021. MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1887 reviews. MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has resolved 50 complaints.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service Contacts

+27 11 289 2222 (Johannesburg)
+27 12 422 2222 (Pretoria)
+27 21 508 2222 (Cape Town)
+27 41 395 2222 (Port Elizabeth)
+27 51 503 2222 (Bloemfontein)
+27 11 289 3000 (Switchboard)
144 Bram Fischer Drive
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service. Initial MultiChoice Africa / DSTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MultiChoice Africa / DSTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MultiChoice Africa / DSTV. Discuss the issues you have had with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — Complaints & Reviews

May 11, 2021

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — Multichoice

On the 20th April 2021 I paid my monthly subscription of R150 using my Capitec Bank app and the payment went...

May 05, 2021

DSTV — Exchange off a damaged explora for the new explora ultra

Good evening I had such a bad experience with the dstv amandasig wonderpark not the shop in the shopping...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVONAirTv Poor Service

I purchased an explora from OnAirTv, your designated Service Provider. I am trying to cancel the order. Despite numerous phones calls and emails, I am being ignored.
Order no is OA-[protected]-1. They do not answer their phones and have failed to respond to my numerous emails.
DSTV needs to relook at how they select their Service Providers as ONAir Tv's after sales service stinks
I need them to cancel the order and pick up the product urgently as I shall not be available from tomorrow
I can be contacted on [protected]

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVLack of response

To whom it may concern,

I have been trying to get sign off on the fixed payment 24 month contract.
    After numerous times of trying to get in contact with DSTV I have come to the conclusion that my business in not needed so my only option would be to cancel. I have logged numerous calls and have yet to get a response.

If someone would like to keep me as a customer kindly contact me on [protected].

If I dont hear from you I will consider that you dont need my business and will immediately stop payment on my debit order.

Regards
    Stephaine

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVMy dad accidentally paid r7800 instead of r600 so we were kindly asking for a refund

The payment was made on the 26th of april 2021 which was yesterday and we tried sending the required documents but we haven't got any response we kindly asking to please get assistance before the end of today as we desperately need to use the money we hope this meets your favourable consideration

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVPricelock

I am also very disappointed and frustrated with dstv. We applied and were approved for the pricelock decoder at begining of febuary 2021. I recieved a sms saying the installer would be here on the 12th. Yet he never pitched up. When i contacted him he informed me that he has no stock and he has customers that have been waiting for their decoders to be installed since October 2020. I contacted dstv and they said that the decoder has been delivered to the installer. Everytime i contact dstv i get told another story. No one can or will tell me what is going on. I contact dstv regularly yet all i get told every time is that they will escalate my query and someone will l get back to me. Yet no one ever does. Yet every month they charge me R119 for this decoder. So i am expected to pay for a service i am not recieving. Today is the 22nd April 2020 and still no decoder or installation or any help from dstv. Is this price lock just a scam? Why do they falsely advertise it and promise that installation will take place within 10 days if they cant even keep their promises? This is false advertising. I am sick and tired of all their lies, stories and empty promises. Why doesn't the price lock department have their own contact no where people can get hold of them?

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVPensioner being ripped off

My ID [protected] - I am a 71 year old pensioner with a holiday home on the Kromme River. For as long as I can remember -I have used a decoder at home (PE) taken out the Sim card on a Friday afternoon - plugged in into the Kromme River decoder and have DSTV on Sunday back to PE and the same procedure. Now on Friday night you disabled my decoders forcing me to ride to Jeffreys Bay and back only to be told that the decoder would not accept the sim or a new sim. To allow me to view DSTV I have had to fork out R2550 for new decoders and will have to pay for the installer to install the one at my holiday home on Friday. This is absurd - you have done away with a service that was simple and convenient and now U have to jump through all kinds of hoops to disconnect and reconnect weekly. This after forking out R3000.HOW CAN THIS BE FAIR?

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVThe show ATP tour

I pay my subscription to watch ATP tour. Other channels are only a bonus. However, recently Dstv skipped important tennis matches to show WTA tour which made me miss my favorite shows. I am not saying WTA tour should not be showing because I don't watch it, but ATP tour should not be skipped either.
            I stopped my subscription until this is resolved.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDstv telemarker rude and disrespectful

Good Day. I received a call yesterday 15/4/21 from a lady who works for dstv. When she started talking to me I kindly said that I do not wish to purchase anything other than the dstv package I currently have as I do not have the funds to do so. She assured me she was not selling me anything. She then continued by saying that my old dstv box (which is only a year old) will shortly start giving a error message and no longer work and that I have to upgrade to the explorer 3 for R169 per month. I said to her that iam a single mom and that I cant afford to do so now as our salaries have been cut due to corona and that iam struggling to keep head above water to even put food on the table. (yet I have never missed a payment to dstv) She was very rude to me and belittled me because I could not afford such a "small" payment per month. I was sitting in the office and all my colleagues could hear this conversation...it went on for a while and she continued being rude..i felt embarrassed, belittled, upset...I told her if that was the case that my old decoder would not be working any longer that I will then be forced to cancel my entire dstv contract... My question is...Is this the why dstv allows for its loyal customers to be treated??? I have never skipped a payement...id no is [protected] (check for urself) We are all struggling due to corona...why was I treated in such a way when I declined the offer on the explorer 3? I would like the management of dstv to listen to the voice recording (my no [protected]) I later had to put the phone down in this ladies ear as I could not bear to listen any further to her disrespecting me... (also my colleagues listening to it all) What will dstv do from their side to correct this wrong? I have now considered going over to Open view and Live streaming...I do not feel like staying and spending my hard earned money on a company that does not respect their customers. Regards Anne-Marie Wearing

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVIncorrect listing on my credit profile

I need a valid explanation why so many accounts are open under my Name when I only have 1price lock plan with you that is up to date in payment for that matter.

I need a thorough investigation done before escalating this matter it's another thing to mess up my account but when you mess with my ability to acquire credit then we have a very big problem.

How I found out I recently registered with price check and saw these items listed with balances for that matter. Then I did an estimate on the capitec app for credit and these items reflected for me to settle before requesting for credit.

I have screen shots which I have attached.

Please review and come back to me urgently.

Mathapelo

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVE102-29 ; Unethical behavior; non-responsive to queries and casual unfulfilled responses

I hold the following connections [protected] (PVR -primary), [protected] (PVR -secondary) and [protected] (Old decoder-Independent)
                  On 21st / 22nd March I requested for rearrangement, which was done rightly but unfortunately I lost my access to enjoy the features of my secondary PVR decoder - E102-29. Following many calls by the service provider who fixed it multi-choice Nairobi we got many promises and assurance that the error has been rectified, which on my end hitherto, todate, the error persists. I have followed with many mails, including the fowarding screen shot of the error without getting any solution on 31st March. Finally on 1st April, I was told I shall be contacted (I shared my cellphone #( +[protected]) by a one of your agents though to date I have not yet received any call.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVUnfair charging on my DSTV Account as a Customer

Good Day Madam/Sir

My Name is Simon Lebohang Tampe birth ID [protected] and contacts are [protected]/[protected], I reside at Orange Farm Extention 9 Phase One 14896 Jonathan Street Stretford code 1841.

End of the month of February 2021 28th was the day that My DSTV was supposed to deduct the money per our initial date as the last day of the month as the date we made agreements based on the date i normally get paid. Unfortunately on the 2nd when i went to my account i found out that the debiting order didn't go through as i over used the money on my account unaware. Then on the 3rd i received a call regarding this matter and i did informed the consultant that i spoke to that he mustn't cancel my contract which was R359 on compact premium.

Then i asked the gentlemen whom i was referred to that at the contract desks about my next step as my account was closed.
                    According to his explanation he said because my account or debiting order failed to come through its the main reason my account was closed therefore for it to be reconnected i will be charged as Follows in order for me to stay connected R50 Connection fee, R38.61 For Services rendered from the 1st until the 2nd February 2021 and lastly R359 as continuation on my Contract until it will come to an End.

All this amount when we counted together with him it was R448 which i did deposited over the past weekend. He instructed me after paying this amount i must call the call center for them to connect my account again but till today i hadn't received a positive respond regarding this matter.

I would Like to get the clarity on this matter as it worries me a lot with my Family.

Kindly Regards;
                    Mr S.L Tampe
                    [protected]

Unfair charging on my DSTV Account as a Customer

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDecoder

Good day, we've been having problems with our decoder and we went to multichoice to take our old one in for a new decoder seeing that we have insurance on it and it's been paid up to date now they want to give us a second hand decoder or an out dated one. So what is the use in paying so much money if they can't help us properly. We demand a new one and not some second hand one that they also had to fix.
                      Yvone Cook.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV[protected]

I have been a customer of multichoice for many years and I must say that I am not satisfied at all with the service I received lately. My account has been up to date, but I got disconnected for no reason and the Agents I spoke to weren't willing to helpe in anyway. I must say that I would never recommend your services to any of my family and friends. You are the worst company I have ever came across. Your agents are getting paid for no work done. These are the reasons why the company could never grow big. I want to cancel my services with you guys and will never ever activate them again. We as customers basically pay for nothing, we waste our monies on SH*t services.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDecoder not giving catch up or recorded programs. Now holding on for your consultant who requested me to hold on.

Decoder not giving catch up or recorded programs. Now holding on for 1.47.56 Minutes on request of your consultant. what a shame:
                          Now recorder only receiving station 100. No other stations.
                          Catch up message on screen, Not in SA YET. Using Catch up since inception.

Now disconnected after holding on for 1hour 59 minutes and 0 seconds.

What poor service

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVMy subscription renewal date keeps getting shorter

I visited Multichoice Botswana office and spoke with supervisor Fiona. She was supposed to be forwarding a message to you to check out why my annual review date for subscription gets shorter - I have lost 2 months.

Believe this stems from paying early one year but no one advised that I would lose out on 2 months of subscription.

Also why cannot we access BBC Earth. It is very frustrating seeing the trailers for programmes we would like to watch but cannot.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVUnable to get assistance walk in center offline for over a week

My decoder has been showing me an error E108-4 for 3 consecutive days I have been goi g to the walk in shop for assistance and I am told I can't be helped because they are offline and therefore they can't perform a smart card swap for me. I have paid for the service that I'm unable to use now because they are offline so what should I do then? Waitand miss out on my favorite programmes because they can't seem to find a solution for their problem as well? As a paying customer I need a quick solution to this

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVAccount activation

My name is Mercy Kapambwe, my account number is [protected], i paid for Dstv activation today (30/03/21) morning, five hundred and thirty kwacha ( K530) using FNB through my phone and got a reference -M-Choice [protected].

My account has not been activated and i called the call Centre was given a case number ref [protected]-c1.
                                Your quickest action in resolving this matter will be highly appreciated.

• Updated by Joy Joyworld · Mar 30, 2021

account activation on account number [protected].

i already got a case number and been told it will take 48 hours to resolve.

I would really appreciate if it is resolved today.

Regards, Mercy

DSTVThe fact that i have purchased a pricelock item for R499.00 and are now told that there is additional amounts to pay

I purchased a price lock item for a 12 month fee of R499.00 and now have to pay additional amounts.
                                  I contacted DSTV and had to hold on after already waiting 12minutes to get through to her.
                                  Furthermore it took another 20minutes or so that I had to listen to music and finally the phone was cut off in my ear.This is not the first time it happened.
                                  I have to phone in every week and every week it is the same thing.The decoder goes on PVR which means I can not record anything and that is the main reason I purchased the explorer and every week it gets disconnected for who knows what reason.This is not what was in the agreement of the sale and now after four months I am told that there are chargers other than the R499.00 that I need to pay in order to record anything again.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdisconnected services

so once again the service recieved from dstv as usual is digusting.
                                    on the 7th of March the resolution team were quick to say they will contact me.
                                    to date i have recieved no calls.
                                    this morning once again i woke up to a disconnected service and a higher outstanding bill.
                                    I'm disgusted at their customer service and service delievery
                                    the consultant had a nerve to further more tell me they don't have a complaints dpt she can't transfer me to a team leader and shes working from home.
                                    the teamleaders and non have called back 7hrs later.
                                    you guys should be taken to the ombuds for the sudden billings you charge people
                                    i have been treated as an illiterate person.
                                    your staff from randburg branch should go back to work cause they obviously can not handle working from home.
                                    as customers your TCF and TAT is horrifying.
                                    from a compliance and service delievery point in disgusted.6 agents who dont know how to handle a dispute.
                                    your complaints department is not contactable and to have an agent tell me that i just don't want to understand is disgraceful.
                                    i have seen numerous people today post similar if not identifical problems.so who is the common problem

want my service to be reinstated effective immediately.

I have attached dstv self service billing balances to show you'll how suddenly youls systems change.

If no feed back is given i will thereafter take this to the ombudsmens.on the grounds of Failure to notify of actions taken.Baseless disconnection and incorrect billings used to force clients to pay reconnection fees.