MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Logo

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service

Having problems with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV?

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 19, 2007. The latest review Unallocated funds to my account was posted on Sep 16, 2021. The latest complaint Service was resolved on Jun 13, 2021. MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1869 reviews. MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has resolved 50 complaints.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service Contacts

+27 11 289 2222 (Johannesburg)
+27 12 422 2222 (Pretoria)
+27 21 508 2222 (Cape Town)
+27 41 395 2222 (Port Elizabeth)
+27 51 503 2222 (Bloemfontein)
+27 11 289 3000 (Switchboard)
144 Bram Fischer Drive
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service. Initial MultiChoice Africa / DSTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MultiChoice Africa / DSTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MultiChoice Africa / DSTV. Discuss the issues you have had with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — Complaints & Reviews

Aug 26, 2019

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — DSTV blocked after payment

I have made it abundantly clear that my DStv has been disconnect after my payment went though 24 hours after...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVCustomer service - package change instruction

Id number [protected].

I've called in 6 times and made it abundantly clear that I want to change to the R29 package as soon as my price lock contract expires, now you have debited R840.

I said it many times that I dont want to fight for my money back.

Please ensure that my money is reimbursed, before the end of the week (by 29 Aug 2019). Also proceed to cancel the debit order against my bank account.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVService

I have been calling these people since Thursday last week to clear simple error E16
    I tried their WhatsApp number, their *120*68584#, I spoke to 3 officials already last night I was told it was escalated and it will be cleared but till now nothing

It is annoying to call service provider to provide service you pay for, Multichoice, I am soooooo sick of this

Please credit me as of last week and get your system to work because you retrenched people and replaced then with non functional system
    [protected]

Service

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVBilling - communication

I have been trying to sort out my billing problems now for months. Today 26 Aug i phoned again since my DSTV has been Disconnected since May 2019, only to find out that i am owing a big amount and this after i have been disconnected for months. When you get through to the call centre no one can assist and the query should go to the billing dept whom will phone you back with 48 hours, or you can email them and then the emails come back. Now how will i ever sort this out and get to have DSTV AGAIN if they cant even bill a person correctly, they are just trying to make money (stealing)
      Ref:[protected]-2 this i was given this morning and still no phone call from anyone !!!

• Updated by Annelize001 · Aug 27, 2019

I have been trying since the beginning of this year to get my DSTV Acc sorted out, there is absolutely no contact numbers directly to the billing dept, my DSTV has been disconnected since May 2019 due to their billing that is incorrect, my Acc is currently standing on a R5000 + Arrears, and i cannot get any person clever enough to assist me to sort this out. You query is escalated that is the only answer i can get out of them. Their 1 consultant Louise even drop the phone in my ear after she lied about her name that she said was MAY so how the F*^& does a person get your Acc sorted out with these useless people

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVcustomer service

The person that "helped"me said he cannot give me information on the cancellation policy someone will call me back. I then asked him WHEN someone will call me back because he cannot help I had to ask him a couple of times and he hung up on me. I was NOT abusive or rude. I just said please give me information.

If I wasn't convinced to cancel my service. I now AM

Good luck with keeping customers !!

I insist that this matter gets dealt with

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVHoliday switch on

Acc [protected] - 6 The Village - PVR decoder - Smart card [protected] ???
          Smart card number nor sure as we have holiday guests in apartment now

I have been trying since yesterday 4pm to switch on this decoder for the guests
          They wanted to watch sport yesterday afternoon
          3 x Customer agents tried to help but were unable and said they have escalated it to management ...
          This is an on-going problem which have complaint about on several times!
          But DSTV is not doing something about it

I have asked to speak to supervisors but did not get so far

My guests may cancel their stay which is a lot of money R 4 500! because of DSTV not working. Will DSTV refund me this amount if they cancel. We do advertise that apartment has got DSTV. My account is on debit order and not in arrears

There is also a smart TV which also was connected to the DSTV NOW app and all of a sudden is asking for me to enter code on other device. Once one connected it should stay connected. I dont carry my laptop with me everywhere to enter CODE again

Last OPTION is to leave HOLIDAY account ON permanently and i will switch off at electrical plug if there are no guests. This way DSTV can calculate how many days it was ON or OFF and bill me accordingly

Please come back to me URGENTLY and SOLVE this problem

[protected]

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDstv price lock - double debit orders/payments

Date 3 August 2019
            Ref to ref : [protected]/c2
            Applied for price lock middle of July 2019 which was approved & received my decoder etc via delivery
            DSTV consultant came to connect the system for me on 3 Aug 2019. I was told that I would pay pro-rate as my package runs form the 13 - 13 of every month and the new price lock price of R899 would kick in from the 13th.
            Very happy, all set up etc until I got a notification from DStV stating my amount going off on the 13th is R1609.16 for services. I was a bit shocked but presumed it was pro rate (but didn't make sense as my calculations told me it would be R899.00 plus +- 350.00 . I contacted multi choice on [protected] was told they could not assist me, I had to contact price lock on 011 no - which I did 4x. nobody answers the phone. Today 16/8 I called multi choice again and was told on the 13/9 my debit order of R1193.00 will be collected …. NOW FURIOUS
            Was told that not only was I being charged for price lock but the normal package I had been paying. They have to escalate this to accounts and "SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO". This is totally unacceptable. The consultant told me he cancelled my previous subscription and that I would only be charged pro-rate from 3/8 - 13/8. Should I have cancelled or rev this debit order, my dstv would have been disconnected.
            I want this sorted out IMMEDIATELY. Who in their right mind has so much money to pay for DSTV.
            Want my account to be refunded for the unnecessary charges.

Aug 14, 2019

DSTV Africa-South Africa — service from an agent rf technologies in dan pienaar, bloemfontein

On the 14 August 2019 I visited RF Technologies which is a Multi Choice/DSTV Approved Agency in Bloemfontein...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVaccount disconnected

Hello dstv,

i am very frustrated with your service right now, i payed 640 towards my account but i keep calling you every week asking to be reactivated because i get disconnected somehow ask i write this i am disconnected as again. this is unfair and frustrating because this is not sabc we pay and when we don't pay you don't even pity us you switch of your service not it is more annoying when we have to suffer even after paying. please i ask for you assistance urgently. this means i wont watch the queen because call center says they cannot assist me only finance can assist me.

Regards

• Na
                  Naison Maribha Aug 15, 2019

I am very frustrated with DSTV for I have upgraded from Access to Compact and I paid the same day on the 9th of August 2019, to my surprise my account was disconnected yesterday 14th of August 2019 yet I paid R418. DSTV you are not respecting your customer, you only need our money but you do not consider your services. Why don't you phone before disconnection for confirmation? This is unprofessional and you only phone when there is something you want, my airtime finished when I was put on hold on the telephone conversation for more than 10 mins do not think DSTV will phone their customer back, the process will end there, they do not follow up to assist the customer.

Aug 12, 2019

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — telesales department

KHANYISILE MLANGENI your telesales lady puts down the phone when I told her I only have one TV and would not...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVchannel 166 zee world

Good day

I am on dstv compact and my favourite channel is 166 zeeworld . This is what we watch most the time and we are always having problems with this channel. It's either the screen going blank (green) or a message (sorry about the interruption) this takes really long for them to sort out by the time this is sorted the serious i was watching is over . I am very disappointed with the service I am getting on this channel .
                Please can I have an email address to zee world channel .

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdstv

I made contact with MultiChoice to reconnect my package and also upgrade it. I was told that I have an amount of R330 that is outstanding due to a discount that was given to me incorrectly during the month of March and April. I received the SMS confirming that I qualified for a discount. I paid the difference due for my subscription at that time. Now 4 months down the line I am told that I need to pay that difference from March and April, because I was given the discount incorrectly. Why must I as a consumer suffer because of your so called system error? I refuse to make this payment and need this rectified ASAP.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVpoor service

On the 2nd August I paid via EFT but on the 7th the service was suspended, I sent prove of payment on the 7th but now I'm still not helped. Instead I'm told I owe R99 n from the money I payed on the 2nd a lot has been deducted buy .I'm now told I paid on the 7th while on the 7th I only sent proof of payment.as it stands now I spent more than 200 calling the customer service, the people there are all incompetent.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVaccount been deactivated

on the 25th of July I paid my account via EFT, last night my account was deactivated I called in to find out what the problem was, I was told that I did not pay. This morning I called again I spoke to Zinhle Kalatile she says she can see that it has been paid problem is that I paid early and that I have been charged for that. now I am not happy at all we the service I recently got from you guys.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdstv select is closing - kyknet

I am very disappointed that you are discontinuing DStv Select. I have been a loyal DStv client for more than 10 years.

I only have the Select package for KykNet. I am not willing to pay more than double for Compact Plus just in order to have Kyknet.

Could you please offer me KykNet as a stand-alone channel on the current Select price? I am a loyal client who have have paid my subscription a year in advance until April 2020 and it is unfair that you are taking away what I already have paid for.

If you cannot offer me the same, I will have to cancel my package because I won't be able to afford to pay a higher subscription fee.

Aug 07, 2019

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — repayment

Last month I had renews the DSTV package and through the mobile banking, through the IZI banking system...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVunethical service

Dstv

I have always been a loyal client and pay my dstv on time, for the past year I pay my dstv over the counter, pick n pay or pep. I don't recall doing a debit on my account.

I pay r399 every month! I went to pick n pay on the 30th of july I paid r399 as usual, the following day 31 july I received an sms saying i'm owing r293, I called the call centre to enquire as I don't understand where the r293 is coming from.

I spoke to ellin japhtor who advised me that the sms was sent in error actually the amount of r293 is what i'm supposed to pay as @ 27 august 2019. She went further to say its coz I have credit of r155.99 in my account meaning I was paying ahead.
                          Great, this morning to my horror my services were off!!!

I called the call centre I spoke to thuleleni mafuleka who was pretty much rude! Doesn't listen 2 what i'm saying!! Shes too quick to answer wrong things that i'm not even asking!!

She went further wasting my airtime saying dstv offered me a discount cz of debit n den it was reversed??? What debit is that? I have over 2 yrs not using a debit order!

I went on to ask her what shes talking about and she put the damn phone down on me!!!
                          I mean whats that?? Why would I call the call centre n receive such bad service with my airtime!!! Am I not allowed to ask questions???
                          I cannot just go pay for nothing!!! Where does the r239 come from??? Why did dstv offer me a discount & then take it? Why offer it anyway cz I never opt for discount???

I called again spoke to mpho who put me on hold for good 10 minutes!!! After that he told me his supervisor will call back which was 09:30! Its fricken 12:00 and I had to call back spoke to xolisa who advised agents don't have email addresses!!! Who is fooling who here??? Why am I getting different answers???

Can u explain why my services are oooooooooooooofffffffffffffff!!!

Pathetic liar!!! Xolisa tokota from multichoice call centre!!! He is such a liar and I don't understand y ppl like him even get supervisory positions if they give clients wrong info!!! I have sent him emails several times n no response from him!!! He provided me with wrong info n promised 2 get back to me 5 days ago!!!

I'm calling again after 5days n a consultant by the name of slindile puts m on hold for great 20 minutes cz she doesn't know y my query was escalated and I haven't received feedback... Dstv u really treating clients like nonsense!!!

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVreversed discount led to disconnection

In April 2019 Multichoice gave me a discount which I appreciated and was glad. May month-end I paid the full amount for both my Compact and Access account. Then in June month I also paid the full amount for both Compact and Access account.

I then received an sms to pay R231 more and when queried they said the issue is escalated and will receive a call within 48hrs which has passed without a call or email. I then phoned again for multichoice to fix their mistake and nothing.

This morning(07/08/2019) my services are disconnected because of their mistake and no response to my escalated 2 queries.

Kindly assist by returning the R231 discount that was given to me or at least give me enough time to can go and borrow R231 because it was not my mistake and was not budgeted for.

Acc: [protected]
                            cell" [protected]
                            email: [protected]@gmail.com

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdisgusting programs and serieses on dstv, channel 121 discovery

I, as a premium user is very disgusted with Discovery (Channel 121) latest presentation.
                              DSTV in the past, normaly repeats Sat & Sun, but from this week each day is just repeats with VERY VERY little new episodes.
                              Instead of seeing a serie or new serieses, with a new episode once a week with repeats, we now see old serieses almost the FULL day with no other programs or serieses for the whole day.
                              So we are seeing old, second hand serieses each day.
                              This is ridiculous and very unfair for me paying almost R1000-00 a month!!!
                              What happend to latest serieses of:
                              Gold Dust
                              Akaskan Bush People
                              Alaska: The Last Frontier
                              Edge of Alaska
                              Outback Truckers
                              Moonshiners
                              Whe were used to watched series after series for months.
                              The only New Series now on Discovery is :
                              Into Alaska and Deadliest Catch.
                              Even American Chopper is an old season?
                              My complaint is that our Discovery program now look like this and this is UNACCEPTABLE:
                              Tuesday 6Aug
                              22h00 Fast &Loud till 6h00
                              we are seeing season 5 and latest available is season 15
                              Wednesday 7 Aug
                              6h00 Unique rides till 20h00
                              - 14 hour
                              We are seeing season 1/2/3 and latest is season 4 where season 5 is also available
                              Thursday 8 Aug
                              6h00 Street Outlaws till 20h00
                              - 14 hours
                              We are seeing season 5 where latest series available is season 13

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdstv subscription

The arrogance coupled with the incompetence of the Multichoice/ DSTV staff is sickening. How can one be frustrated and sent from pillar to post from Sunday, 5th August up to now to get services paid for? What is so difficult to reconnect a package? What did I pay for? I have been sending the proof of payment since the 5th of August and calling but still no services. Everytime one is made to hold the line for over 30 minutes and then, you get dropped. When you call back, the same story repeating itself. It is really sickening.