M&T Bankinsuffiecent funds!

M

Due to Christmas falling on a Tuesday this year. I got about 5 insufficient funds charges attached to my account. Because my direct deposit didn't show up like it normally does Tuesday at midnight. I got it Thursday morning. BUT Wednesday was when i got all my charges drafted to my account... LOOONG story short.

I am stuck with -$220 in my account.

Dawn Daniels Jan 08, 2008

Almost same thing happened to me. However, I was charged, in error, insuffienct fees for charges that were covered which in turn caused subsequent withdrawals to overdraw account. Tune of 385.00 Bank manager will not return phone calls. Unable to locate M & T complaint dept. Next step Better Business Bureau.

• Gu
    guinevere hurley Jan 18, 2008

Something similar happened to me too. I'm somehow heartened that I'm not the only one. I can't get away from this bank fast enough. They're evil!!!!!

joseph m walsh Feb 03, 2008

This bank s*cks. I was in them years ago and was disatisfied and left them only to have my new bank taken over by M&T. Now i am taking my accounts out again because of their lousy service and treament of customers. Spread the word to go elsewhere.

Dave May 14, 2008

Put my debit card in a "fee free" M&T ATM today. Reached in to get my cash and the little plastic door went down on my fingers. Got a receipt claiming a successful transaction. Called the 800 number on the back of the receipt. Told I have to have MY BANK file a claim. Well, it was a PayPal debit card. Imagine having PayPal go to bat for you?

I followed the procedure but I am sure I will NEVER see my cash. If you EVER see an M&T ATM, run away.

• Me
    Mel Horn Jun 11, 2008

I realize the best way to avoid NSF fees is to have an adequate amount in the account, however what if a deposit (direct or otherwise!) does not post in a timely manner? Also I have noticed that a charge, usually a gas station, will show up first as $1.00 then the full amount. What happens to this $1.00?
    I have experienced a deposit that does not post until two or three days, also an automatic EFT withdrawal will come along right on time followed by the $37.00 fee. This can cascade when a charge that would normally have sufficient funds comes along after the fee, you are out $37.00 again. At least I cancelled my EFT withdrawal.
    My bank branch manager will work with me on occasion but it is made to feel like an imposition, It's not my fault every time.

• Me
    Mel Horn Jun 11, 2008

Somehow I posted twice. See above

• Je
    Jerry99 Jun 11, 2008

I can tell you that the chances of the Better Biz. Brueau doing anything is unlikely. That's the thing that stinks with big banks but more so the federal regulations. The banks can assess whatever fee they like and essentially how ever they like as long as they follow the feds rules. Find a small bank or credit union (if you can anymore thanks to the big guys) and start a good relationship with them. I have and I can't tell you how nice it is to have someone actually call me back with an answer or at least listen to my compliant versus just saying no. M&T cares about two things their large business customers and their investment customers. Us personal customers don't mean crap.
    I know not everyone can do this but - about 5 months ago I had a large CD due and when it came due I sat with the person who 10 months ago refused to reverse two $30 fees (first time) for a stupid mistake I did. When she asked if I wanted to renew I paused and said, no not really, I figure if you can't help me out with $60 why should I keep my CD with you? Now honestly, the money didn't matter to them, but it was nice to give a bit back to the girl who refused to help me!!!

• Ar
    Arthur Grigg Aug 27, 2008

M&T BANK What can I say about them? nothing! putting it mildly they are stealing money from their customers by calling it NSF I have been with them for more than 5 years and in 1 year alone suddenly hit with NSF more than 3 times at cost of $37.00 and always twice when it happens even when my avail bal never shows in red but they always says it is I have had it with this bank do not bank with this company they will find a way to take your money under the disguise of Insuffeicent fees $222. So far this year. again DO NOT BANK WITH M&T I'm closing my accounts as we speak

• Su
    Sue McCourt Aug 28, 2008

I have NEVER been so ripped off by a bank! M& T Bank shall be investigated ! I will talk to my congressmen tomorrow...THIS BANK STEALS MONEY !!! I HAVE THE PAPER WORK TO PROVE IT ! I ALSO HAVE THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORK AT THIS M & T BANK AND LAUGH...AND SAY "WE KNOW IT'S A SCAM...THAT'S HOW WE PAY THE EMPLOYEES..."
    I WAS SMART...I BROUGHT A WITNESS WITH ME!!!...HE'S SHOCKED !!!
    WILL BE TALKING TO LEGAL COUNCIL TOMORROW...CONGRESSMEN...BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU...ETC...
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR MONEY WITH THIS BANK !

• Ke
    Kevin Sep 23, 2008

All-of-a-sudden checks from local banks may take two days to clear! I agree that they go out of their way to nail you with NSF fees. If I have a low balance and I use my Debit card, they will never decline the charge and always execute it forcing a bounce and a $37 fee. This fee is so large that it triggers additional NSFs. A $10 Starbucks charge triggered a cascade costing $185!!! They also play this game where debit card transactions double charge both my checking and overdraft, locking up overdraft $ for days at a time -- meanwhile the online system reports available funds that are 24-hours out of date. When you are running things close to the line, you are guaranteed to get killed.

• Mo
    morrigan Jan 22, 2009

I've banked with M&T for years, when they were still Allfirst. In the past three months I've been hit with close to $400. in NSF fees.
    Last month an EFT deposit took two days to clear ( I have a years worth of records showing these EFT deposits only take one day for clearence. Someone at the bank must have been on vacation.). After much arguing with the bank they *kindy* *cough* waived half the fees.
    The latest issue has pushed me over the edge. I have a print out from yesterdays Web banking, showing that yes, I should have one overdraft. I have an auto bill pay set up to Draft on the 20th and was $40 short. As of this morning I have four $37.00 fees because they changed the processing order of the payments. When I called customer service the advised me to 'do the math'. They need to get a calander! Yesterday everything was clear less one memo debit, that I know I should have taken the hit for.
    I'd like to find an Agency that I can send my printouts and information too, so this can be investigated.
    If BBB isn't useful, does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm a single parent struggling to pay everything and they are financially killing me!
    Thanks!

• Sc
    Scamers May 16, 2009

I'm so sick of M&T bank and their ridiculious insufficeint fees of $37 a hit, when I HAD $$ in the account to cover. Their website (web banking) shows one thing one day, and another the next...so it'll look like you have enough funds in the bank to cover at the time...then all of sudden...your in the negative!!! When I called and complained of the website, I was told by somone on the phone "yeah, the website is deceving"...whoa, what!? She went on to explain about this and that being on hold, and I explained to her I knew the process, I understand that my purchases need to clear ...but why doesn't it show ALL purchases on my account when it has in the past? why is it, when I'm one day from payday (I have direct deposit), charges from as long as week ago show up and BAM...put me in the negative?!! It's like they are just waiting to put you in the negative and make an easy buck for doing nothing...it'a like they were withholding information and not showing all my purchases until the last minute when I'm usually close to not having much in the account. I told the lady on the phone, web-banking doesn't make anything easier if purchases aren't being displayed FOR ME TO SEE, she basically told me...well you should be keeping track...I THOUGHT THAT'S WHAT THE WEB-BANKING WAS FOR, TO MAKE LIFE EASIER AND DISPLAY PURCHASESS AND HELP ME KEEP TRACK?! Anyway, this has happened more than once and I have gone back to old style way of logging every little purchase I make in a paper register...I thought we were in the 12st centery here!

• Rp
    rpattonNY May 27, 2009

i agree with everybody here they are crooks my our online banking showed we had plenty of funds and our own personal record showed we had the funds then out of no where they say we are in the negative and hit us with 6 nsf . then too top it all off the CASH cold hard green cash deposit we made took a day to clear what on earth would hold up cash being deposited immediatly. in the end we get 6 more charges on top in all 12 charges at $32 a piece is $384 in charges when it clearly shows we were in the red as well as our own personal record shows the funds were there. and to think a bank would work with u we were willing to pay a couple of the charges even when we didn't believe it was our fault but no they refused to refund more than 2 that is still over $200 free money to them. for a barely part time worker that is a weeks paycheck.

• Ka
    kait2485 Aug 31, 2009

OMG! seriously something needs to be done. This is my LATEST Fiasco with this bank!

I transfered money last thursday the 20th from my savings account to my checking. Now i did this in the bank. I usually do it online and when i transfer it .. it post IMMEDIATELY . But i was driving by a branch that day so i said hey why NOT just do it in person. So i transfer the money over to cover automatic withdrawls for school and car insurance that were suppose to be coming out the follwing day. Now can you PLEASE tell me WHY transfering money from one account to another ALL OF A SUDDEN now takes a day to clear? ITS PUTTING FREAKING CASH IN ONE ACCOUNT TO THE OTHER PEOPLE?!?!? and it was done at 11 AM on thursday? So of course my car and school payment along with some other purchases made go through. And BAM they hit me with the Over draft fees. Now funny thing. I went the next day to the bank and deposited my pay check in CASH and those fees and over draft SOMEHOW had not yet posted?

So anyway i asked the teller in three different ways once i deposit this cash will it be avaible IMMEDIATELY ? Because i knew it was 5 pm it was friday and each branch seems to have thier own ###ing rules for this. So she told me YES YES YES. so i went out and bouht my books i needed for class and some other purchases thinking .. since THIER EMPLOYEE told me the money would be avaible IMMEDIATELY that it WOULD! so come monday morrning i find out i have ALL THESE over draft fees. called the 1800 number. Went to the bank. know what i was told "its my job to balance my check book"... ### i did!!! Your system ###ed me over!! i knew i wouldnt have the fees to cover the transaction so i put the money in there!!! u IDIOTS HELD IT FOR A DAY!! which sent a trickle effect for the rest of my purchases. I HATE M&T i have gone to a few other banks looking to open a new account and they all seem to have this RIP U OFF system.

Oh i also have receipts for the transer transaction. WHICH PROVES my case. WEB banking ( which by the way i was told by the branch manager is not accurate and i should not go by this THIER SYSTEM thats set up to help us "bank easier") so i was told i cant go by web banking.. and i was also told that i cant go by the receipt that i was given FROM THIER BANK STATING MY DEPOSIT AND MY TOTAL BALANCE!! SO apparently everything that M&T can provide us the customer with to show how much money we have is not "accurate"! So HOW DO I KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY I HAVE!!?!?

omg please someone tell me there is a lawsuit or SOMETHING i can do. Thye hit me with 6 over draft fees at 37 dollars a pop. THEY TOOK MY WHOLE PAY CHECK AND ARE SAYING I STILL OWE THEM 114 DOLLARS!!!

• De
    Delphidon Sep 18, 2009

request that i pay for an affidavit a second time for a complaint about some one other than myself.

• Jj
    jjdbarth3218 Oct 05, 2009

M&T Bank has charged my account $1, 339.00 in NSF fees since they took over Provident Banks in May of this year. $703.00 in fees within the last 30 days. My checking account balance was never negative during this time. Some of the $37 were on debit purchases for less than $10.

• My
    MyOwnBankIsAThief Oct 14, 2009

I just opened my account last month and they already charged me more than $400! $400 in less than a month! beat that?! I thought they were a better bank than my bank of america and boy was I wrong?! They let these transactions go through although there is not enough money in your bank. What kind of stupid policy is that? With other banks, if you're already in negative, transactions are declined. But with them, they'd still let you use your card so they have more reasons to charge you NSF fees. And they'd always tell you "you have to balance your account".. ###! who has time to always check their bank before every purchase? Liek yesterday, my balance was $58 and now it's -$28. 3 transactions are pending so that means that's another $111 from my pocket to theirs! I will close my account today. I thought they were better since they're local, "bulit for baltimore", full of crap!! I've watched on CNN a few months ago that banks will collect around $37 BILLION from NSF fees?! And they have the ###ing nerve to ask our government for ###ing help?!?! I can't believe my own bank will rob me!!!

• Try this for size, I made a $3K cash deposit. They didn't tell me MY MONEY would be held. How do you hold cash- can someone tell me that? or How about the tellers that don't know when their cut-off time really is- 2pm, 230pm- whatever!!! And try 15 NSF fees! 15 NSFs!!! I budgeted correctly and they still find a way to switch the date of my purchases and post them in a way that creates NSF charges that are not even legitimate. Yes, the banking manager won't speak to you. Yes, that CSR will see that you did nothing wrong and still only refund 2 fees. AND YOU WONDER WHY PEOPLE GO "POSTAL" ON YOU!!! Who in this new "green" society gets an NSF fee on a $1.00 debit? Are you serious? MandT Bank don't care. They are a giant and do not care about us. I worked in proof departments of several banks and I know that purchases are suppose to be debited according to the date of usage, NOT ACCORDING TO THE DATE THE SYSTEM SAYS THE PURCHASE WAS MADE!!! Are you serious!
    To the employees of MandT Bank, the bank is a giant ant mound; but don't forget that their is personal accountability to how you treat your customers. The decisions you individuallymake against us will come back to bite you one way or another.
    SOMEBODY CALL OPRAH OR OBAMA OR A DERANGED, DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE/CUSTOMER!!!
    GOD HELP US ALL!!! AH! THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER SYSTEM!!!

• Se
    seankovali Nov 24, 2009

Injnxwnmjkmn

• Se
    seankovali Nov 24, 2009

Hello everyone, I to have a M&T account and was charged 700 in fees, they wont close the account and they wont freeze automatic payments coming through the account so I'm stuck giving them free money, were if they would take admisistrative action and close the account or freeze it, I could use the money to pay the bills instead of there fee's, as far as I'm concerned, they screwed up" because I will persue there thieving ### to the end s of the earth, I refuse to let these pigs rip me off after I worked 10-12 hours a day and 7 days a week to earn it, so heres what I would like if your game, send me your name, mailing address, and a brief written letter of your complaint to [protected]@aol.com, I am going to put together a complaint petition and send it to our congressman, better business, news agencys and so on, hopefully someone will pick it up and run a spot, I dont know about you guys and girls but I'm tired of getting ripped, somebody needs to, and would be willing to start it, get a group of people together, legally start a company that go's after these people, we need 1 person who is a lawyer, 1 person that an accountant, one's that a media type and so on that will committ a little of there time, an organization if you would that can act on this legally, strengh is in masses, so if your interested also tell me what you do for a living, what you could contribute, not financially right now, but maybe later if something could be organized, but if you are a lawyer maybe you could donate a little time to file some formal complaints and so on, again [protected]@aol.com, or send your info to 4157 Mountain rd, Pasadena, Md 21122, Thank you.

• Tp
    tpompa Dec 29, 2009

I agree, I am waiting for the district manager to call me now. I transferred money that clearly showed as available to another account with M & T and they charged my other account saying that I did not have enough funds to transfer even though the money was clearly there. I agree, I have never been with a bank that has practices as greedy as theirs. Not to mention my funds I transferred covered a negative balance so all of this money went to the bank, no one else. How can a balance say available and not be, how can a bank let you transfer money from one account to another if the money is not even there. Most of their reps seem confused on what the rules are.

joe2008 Jan 23, 2010

I hate M&T I made sure I had enough money every time to cover my transactions but because things don't post properly I am in the negative. I think what they do is work the posting of money in THEIR favor so that they can take your money in fees. So far over the last 4 years M&T has stolen over $500 from my checking accnt. in NSF. And of course the bank manager's "hands are tied" they cannot return my money. Well if they cannot return it I can at least stop them from taking it. I'm getting out -- They are a terrible bank. I spoke to someone on the 1-800 main bank number. Rudest customer service ever (and I work in the food service industry). I hate the bank and I'm staying away from them.

Frank H Smith Jan 26, 2010

M&T bank uses software which first posts all debits in descending order from greatest amount to least and then posts credits. There is no consideration as to the chronological arrival order of the credits or debits. This is obviously done to increase the possibility of Insufficient Funds Fees. And, of course, it affects the elderly, working poor, disabled, and those receiving pensions such as veterans the worse. The practice is unethical, devious, and deceitful. I would use money orders and pre-paid debit cards before I would ever return to M&T. There response when a company fails to cancel an account and charges you or when a credit doesn't honor their contract and charges you early is always the same. It isn't the banks fault. Customer Service is a joke and it is common to be given a higher balance on their phone line than actually exists in the account.

• Ne
    nene25 Feb 22, 2010

They are a bunch of crooks, and thiefs

• Ti
    tierra4876 Feb 26, 2010

wow...and i thought i was all alone in this ...about m & t bank conducting unethical practices and hurting their customers. In all my years of banking...this is the first time i am actually disappointed and questing their practices and ethnics as a company. I have never cried and been so emotionally stressed out due to a company's actions in all my life. i have called and called, sent letters, and begged them to fix what they have done but all i got in return was rudeness, attitude, no respect or regard as to what i am going through just "you did not send the fax in time, so you passed the deadline" in which i responded (the fax was sent yesterday and TODAY is the last day, only to be told "oh...well we haven't got to it yet, there are other claims ahead of you so well call you when we find something." so far i have gotten no resolution or assurance that this will be taken care of not even from the two supervisors i spoke to...i don't know what to do anymore...i honestly don't.

i was ordering products from a company for several months where they would retrieve payment out of my account then send the product weeks later, well after about 3 months i canceled the auto shipment and the products that were being sent in well in advance but the funds were still removed out of the account and the product wasn't even sent to so disputed the transaction and was given the provisional credit for the amount $58.98. well after 76 days m & t bank reverse the provisional credit because according to them it was my error, resulting in 18 NSF fees back dating back to the day it was disputed and tell me that there's nothing else they can do. SO...I did my own investigation and contacted this company and made them look into their records and check if this was a legit charge . IT WASN'T. company agreed it was their error and sent in fax documentation to M & T bank informing them that it was not my error but m & t bank STILL has not fixed my account??!!! first "claiming the fax was not received, then saying the fax was sent to the wrong department, next saying that someone took the fax off the fax machine but don't know who and have to wait until that person put it into the system."and then lastly " it could take between 5-7 business days and then we will let you know what were going to do " unbelievable!!! this has caused, me so much stress and tears also causing me turn off notices, past due bills, late fees, emotional stress and tons of NSF fees that they said if corrected they might refund "SOME" of the NSF fees!!...i just ...i just don't know what to do ...my own bank is not trying to help me...but i cant give up and let them do this to me . it takes alot to be a young woman supporting yourself, putting yourself through school, working full time, struggling to pay your own bills just to have the one company you trust with your money hurt you and not even try to help you ...should I take my situation to a higher level within the company? who can i go to outside the company? some type of advice...any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you

*Tierra*

Charnette Mar 16, 2010

I went to the bank and took out 160.00 dollars on the third of march m&t bank didn't take the money out of my account untill 3-8-2010 and 3-9-2010 and they also did a reversal fee thay took 37.00 dollars out of my account six times that lead up to 479.00 dollars what can stop this bank from doing it to another person.

• Ba
    ballin Mar 18, 2010

LEAVE M&T BANK AS SOON AS YOU CAN! DO IT NOW! I'm switching to a local bank this week.

You'll thank yourself. Your future self will thank you for saving money from their absurd fees and poor practices.

jane Apr 02, 2010

I was told by the branch vice president in Silver Spring, Md that regardless of whether money is available in you account, the "system" will decide to pay or not pay. The system varies from branch to branch and can use discretion to pay or not pay, charge varying amounts of " insufficient fees" and based on the daily review of accounts decide which checks/debit/credit payments clear or are returned to the Payee.

The bank has no obligation to refuse a check/web payment/debit authorized by the account holder.

Caveat Emptor when using this bank.

- Fitch Ratings has downgraded M&T Bank Corporation's (MTB) Support Rating to '5' from '4' following the recent announcement by Allied Irish Bank, p.l.c, that it is required by its prudential regulator to divest its 22.6% ownership in M&T.

Franklin Smith Apr 11, 2010

Actually, the individuals at M&T Bank are very friendly and polite. It is the policies to which I strong object. For example, I remember reading a few decades ago where Zig Ziglar said something in different words like "Everyone knows 500 people who would rejoice at their wedding and cry at their funeral. I told the bank that and was told: "So." I had vonage phone company and sent back my router with a letter asking them to please close my account. Between 3- 6 months later, I realized that they had still been taking out my automatic payments. When I called to alert them to the problem, I was told, "you didn't call to cancel." I replied that I had called and was lost in transfer or put on hold repeatedly and after 15-30 minutes was disconnected or asked to call back. I was told that they had to be notified by phone for cancellation. I asked since when is a phone call more binding that a return of their equipment and a signed later with my account number asking to be disconnect and my account closed?. I was told I could contact the dispute center. Then I was transferred and disconnected in the process. I don't know if these business practice are the result of greed, poor policies, or just a poorly designed system, but I am getting frustrated with the Corporate America asking and being turned down for tax bail out and than some how those government's employees who were ex-CEOs of lending coporation somehow manipulating our system to give them a tax bail out while they are hounding the 99% into bankruptcy. The taxpayers and comsumers need to exercise their vote by ballot and bucks (stop dealing with companies that view us, as Michael Moore pointed out in Capatalism, dead peasants .

And, Thanks for posting about this to all of you.

Franklin Smith Apr 11, 2010

Although the employees of M&T Bank are pleasant, the system is built on short term profit and greed. Thank for posting.

• Ov
    over9000paul Apr 14, 2010

I too have been screwed, HEAVILY, by M and T's NSF fees. No more. Anyone familiar with Wordpress and SEO, email me at [protected]@paulsilvetti.com

Im going to drive M and T right out of business. Lets find out just how powerful a blog can be. Email me with your horror stories and complaints about this monster called M and T Bank. My goal is to let M and T maintain their first position search rank, and I'm going to get a domain with an M and T complaint blog and see if I can't get it ranked #2 right under M and T's listing. Then maybe theyll stop their screwery. I want my money back! Down with M and T!

• Nj
    njj Apr 19, 2010

Well well welll... I was the typical ### customer over at M&T Bank today, but hey, noone forced them to work there.. I opened a checking account with M&T because this is the bank I also use for my car loan, and if you deposited $100, they gave you an extra $125. Got a M&T Visa DEBIT card. Had a few problems in the beginning, first they charged me an $8 service fee on a $15 purchase, since i "hadn't used the account in three months." ??????? I called back and the lady took the charge off. The next couple times I used the card I wasn't charged any extra fees. I planned on closing the account, and within the last month I used the card about 5 times... which would have brought my account to $0, expect, each of these times my account was charged a $.50 service fee, for using the card as a DEBIT and not credit, so then I had a negative balance. I don't care if it's .50 or $50, your gonna charge me a service fee to use my DEBIT card as a DEBIT? Really? TDBank/Commerce Bank has been my main bank for years and I have never had any problems with them...

• Li
    Lidildeil May 19, 2010

class action suite for this bank for there thieving practices. File your complaint on this page and join

• Li
    Lidildeil May 19, 2010

they got me again for $300 changing banks friday and filing a suite i am byound done with being stolen from

• He
    Heather9267 Jun 02, 2010

I am sooo glad to find that I am not the only one M&T has been doing this to. I deposited 465.00 on the 5th and paid bills totalling 399.00 leaving me with a balance of 66.00. I then went and deposited 600.00 CASH that Friday the 7th. I then went home and paid bills online because hello I just put money in my account. Well my online banking showed an available balance until the 11th when suddenly I got hit with 15 overdraft fees. Went down to the bank figuring it was an error and they would fix it up because my records showed I should have still had a 52.52 balance in my account. Guess what my CASH deposit was held from Friday until Monday and they bounced out EVERY SINGLE BILL I paid over the weekend. Went and spoke with one branch manager who had to call the one I opened my account at - they refunded 7 of them (that's not helpful when I didn't overdraw my account). Went down to my branch and the assistant branch manager (Sara Whetzel) there refused to refund anymore even after I told her that the person who opened my account told me CASH deposits made with a teller had immediate availability. Called and got number for regional manager (Susan Dillello) and have left her 5 messages over past two weeks (while my extended overdraft fees are mounting every 5 days mind you) and she won't return my calls. The kicker? Went down today to close my account because I refuse to pay this and they won't close my account until I pay their fees so they are just going to keep on charging me $10 per overdraft fee for their extended fee every 5 days - this doesn't sound legal to me.

• F1
    f1shm0x Jun 12, 2010

This bank is a crook, and if we were living in the times of Jessee James I would cheer them on if they ever robbed this bank. This bank is a CROOK, CROOK, CROOK.
    Like one poster says, they change their books so that they are able to charge you their freaking insufficient funds, which by the number of complaints I've seen multiplied by those who just bear this robbery in silence could be more than enough to pay their employees' salaries, including their freaking CEO.

Their online banking is a myth, a "story", a scam, and is worthless if that is what you will base your spending on.
    Mark a day on your calendar when you looked at your "available balance" and deciphered what that phrase means which is why you decided maybe it's safe to borrow a freaking DVD from redbox so you can sit down and relax after working your butt off for five heavy days.
    Their online banking says "YOU'VE GOT MONEY, MY MAN".

Five days later they hit you with a whopping $37.00 for being overdraft one lousy dollar ?
    But their webpage said you have money, available balance, whatever the [censor] they want to call it, and their ATM says you HAVE money, but, hey, click the explanation tab and you got this danged pop up that says, "sorry, our according to our INTERNAL accounting bull you did not really have any money at all on that date. You LOSE, WE win. hahahahaha, howja like that, ha ?".

It's like, you're an idiot if you believe what they say on the website.
    And don't talk to me about quicken and synchronizing quicken with their CROOKED bank because all quicken will download really is what is printed on their lies at their website, it's not going to connect to their INTERNAL [censor] ACCOUNTING PROCEDURES which, according to them, is the TRUE state of your finances.

I am keeping my account open for the sake of direct deposits, but to hit back, from now on, everytime my money hits their bank, I take it out, and leave them a freaking dollar, and they should be grateful it's a dollar and not a dime.

Dara N Jul 09, 2010

I already posted on another post. But M&T is an awful bank! If you can avoid banking with them, do it. Do NOT open up an account with them because you will LOSE your money. This is the reason why our society is the way it is. They are corporations who only care about the all mighty dollar. Anyone who works for them should get a taste of their own medicine. The people who work there are just as rude as the big wigs who run the corporation. There is no such thing as customer service. I never once applied for an M&T account but they took over all the citibanks in my area, so I was otherwise stuck. Now I've learned my lesson and have moved on to another bank. I wonder how many BILLIONS of dollars have they stolen already? Are we going to bailout these people again?

• Wl
    Wllarison Jul 17, 2010

I JUST HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME!!! CHARGED 37.00 WHEN IN FACT I HAD 39.95 ON MY STATEMENT, BUT THEIR RECORDS SAID I HAD -22.00!!! THEIR RECORDS -DO NOT- MATCH UP TO WHAT THEY SHOW THEIR CUSTOMERS, THAT IS HOW THEY CHEAT YOU OUT. EVERYONE SHOULD GET AWAY FROM THEM ASAP.

• Cr
    Craig.z Dec 01, 2010

I just put $135 dollars in my account on 11-30-2010. now i only have $45 and have not purchased anything in almost a week. banking built for the ravens my [censor]!!!

• Ke
    Kenny 71 Nov 30, 2014

I have the SAMETHING happen over and over, I work so hard just to get ahead a little bit 65 hours a week an every two weeks they get me so a 1200 paycheck leaves me with 380 I can't even pay the bills that needs to be paid, I guess I will not eat AGIAN for another two weeks THANK YOU SOO MUCH M&T Bank THEY ARE Thieves!!