M&T Bankfees

U

Is anyone interested in filing a formal complaint against M&T relating to their fees and checking account practices?

• Un
    unhappy lady Sep 25, 2009

I am very much interested in filing a complaint against M&T. I put a stop payment on a check on Monday 9/21/09, they told me it would cover it for six months. They put the check through my account on Thursday morning.I called customer service and they said thats how they do and they would send it back on Friday morning unpaid.Well today is Friday 9/25 and they paid the bill and charged me overdraft fees and non sufficient fees also. M&T is full of [email protected]@@... They are all about money and dont care about customer service.

• Cc
    C.C.C. Sep 28, 2009

They hit me with the maximum overdraft fees $37.00 for 6 on Thursday and 6 on Friday. I have never seen this practice in all of my years of banking. They even charged me $37.00 for something as minute as $1.20. This is outrageous. Bank of America changed their practices due to the many consumer complaints about the same business practices. I am outraged!

• Vi
    Victoria Henderson Sep 29, 2009

Yes! In addition, I plan to file a complaint tomorrow with the Federal Reserve. I deposited a check. They held $30. A debit came in (which they did pay), but charged me $37 ISF. It was only ISF because of the hold. According to FDIC, they cannot charge overdraft fee if it was caused soley by the hold AND the funds were paid by the presenting bank!!

mack34 Oct 03, 2009

yes i am this terrible what this bank gets away with!!! how do we do it?

• Jj
    jjdbarth3218 Oct 05, 2009

M&T Bank has charged my account $1, 339.00 in NSF fees since they took over Provident Banks in May of this year. $703.00 in fees within the last 30 days. My checking account balance was never negative during this time. Some of the $37 were on debit purchases for less than $10.

• Li
    lilliths Nov 03, 2009

YESSSSSSSS! NSF fees galore! All due to them rearranging the order and timing of transactions! We can't afford this! HELP!

• Bd
    bdg5037 Nov 16, 2009

Yes, I have suffered over $2, 000 in ISF fees over the past year. I am a senior at Penn State and barely have enough to buy food, let alone, pay $37 for a .60 cent bagel I bough at a local coffee shop. I have caught them rearranging the order and timing of several purchases so that a one dollar overdraft purchase ends up being three IFS fees of $37 each. In continuation, I have found that if you file a complaint with your home branch about some ISF fees, how much money (if any) that is refunded to your account is subjective to that persons mood that day. It is a crime and something needs to be done.

M&T Assholey Nov 25, 2009

I have been charged over $2, 000 from M&T Bank. I filed complaints with the Federal Reserve and the BBB, wrote to my Congressman, and nothing was done. I am now about to lose my home and have 3 small children that will be homeless.

• Fe
    feesthis Dec 08, 2009

M&T BAnk the worst institution in the world. They are ruthless crooks. They have a smartazz answer for everything and don't care about thier own customers. The over draft fees should be considered criminal. They took over $1000 in 2 months from my acct without telling me or stopping me from using my card for $1.00 purchases even after I asked them to not allow the card to work if there is no money in my acct. Sleezebags all of them. Binghamton NY

• Fe
    feesthis Dec 08, 2009

M&T Banks are ruthless & sleezy in thier enforcement of overdraft fees.
    I think they should be audited.

I know they are ripping of thier own customers.

I myself have contributed over $1000 in fees in two months. These were minor miscalcs that with any other organization it would have been taken care of. Not these sleeze bags

notbyme570 Dec 30, 2009

I am looking to file a complaint with anyone who got NSF fees when there were no overdrafts on my balance. I always had a balance of at least $40 in the account until they posted trumped up NSF fees. I had $108.00 on the the 24 of Dec and the next day got a $18 NSF fee and no debits took place between the 24 and the 24th, how does one get NSF get charged for making a deposit of $61 with a $47 balance before the deposit?

notbyme570 Dec 30, 2009

This is for all the people here who want to fight this dispicable fraud. Get in touch with me so we can get a class action suite. We can't fight the M&T bank alone, but in numbers we can. Hurry we have to get this started [email protected] set up your interest with me and I'll find a lawyer.

Comments

• A9
    A92coupe Jan 26, 2012

I also think it is terrible the way they do there creative accounting so that you will be in the red and they can charge you there fees!! They are the worse!! Cannot wait to get away from them!!

• Tr
    Trinab6485 Aug 16, 2013

My account have unauthorized charges of $1750 and a written check for $350 I went to my bank beach completed all paper work and nothing so I file charges on the person my self then I receive and letter from M&T bank saying they didn't receive paperwork so I resent it thru the bank and also sent copies of the charge I filed against the theif mind u they never filed charges the person got a sentence of bpj (probation before judge) and had to pay restitution my thing is they have the person about 3 months to pay back and I have to endure financial head ship my bank didnt do anything to help not even press charges not try to get restitution paid directly to the bankin institution and they could have replenished my account