Michaelsreturn

K Review updated:

i bought some items and it didnt worked i took them back with the original recipt, the lady at the register said the recipt dont have the barcode and the date so i cannot return i asked if they can call the manager the manager came and no wonder turn out to be an useless one, but the story didnt end there when he said he cannot return, and asked me to call th store manager i asked him to write the reason on a piece of papaer so i can show the store manager, he refuced and called the cops, i am and american citizen but the originality is indian, i felt humilitated and discriminated, i will take michael's authority to the court for the racial discrimination, i will challenge michaels for selling items inproperly to the customer, and i will forbid michaels store from the indian community.i did call the corporate and put a complaint against it let see if the whole store became corupted

• Ne
    nevergotoMichaels Jul 13, 2010

We had the same feeling today when we're shopping in the NY Hartsdale Michaels store.

The cashier was with unwelcome face and talked very rude, and the important part is, she did has no brain. The manager from this store is also not a business man, but do have the racial discrimination. Actually, this is not the first time I feel it, at least, two or three more cashiers in this store also make you feel this way. And at last, they never make an apology. So, if you are not white people, don't go to this store to make yourself unhappy.

• Je
    JenniferMcK Aug 18, 2012

I purchased some yarns from Michaels and wanted to exchange them for exactly the same brand, etc but a different color. The first lady was on the phone and after asking her 6-7 times and her turning her back on me, she looked at me and said "I'm not working I'm on the phone!" So I went to the next register and the lady there said that they automatically take off 20% from the current price and put it on a gift card. Even if it's the same item! She said technically it was a return...
    Then I bought an extra ball and she charged me full price. I asked why I didn't get 20% off and she looked at me like I was crazy!
    Michaels policy is to refund the lowest price in the 90 days prior to the return without a receipt... Why are the staff so rude and why don't they know their own policies?
    The store was in Markham, Ontario Canada.
    Not the brightest people employed there...
    Too bad because there was a lot of things I planned on purchasing. I will buy them online from the distributors instead...

• Ka
    Kathy Nguyen1 Sep 18, 2012

I went to a michaels store on 9-18-12 at 9:24 to go buy items for my project. The first 3 workers I saw they were very helpful and asked if I needed help but the last worker I ran into followed me to an aisle and eventually lifted my shirt up and also was patting me down thinking I stole her wallet that she left on her cart while putting back items. She followed my mom and I to the check out line and puts up a fight saying I stole her wallet and the 3 workers asked her if she misplaced it in a different aisle or put it in the break room, she said no. And they call the manager down and one of the girls had left to go check and she ended up leaving her wallet in a different cart in a different aisle. She walked away and did not apologize but left the manager and 3 workers apologizing. I think she should be fired for sexual harassment apon her part. I have never seen an employee act that way towards a customer. Terrible customer service

• Se
    Sebrena O Jun 23, 2019

Erica was very disrespectful and had a lot of unnecessary sarcasm in her tone and words. When we asked her to throw away a unneeded coupon she said "you know there is a trash can outside ?" . As we were leaving she decided to talk and said some unnecessary words and that's came across and disrespectful. Then did so 2 more times.