Metlife Disabilitynon paymement of benifits

My story is no different then many in which books are written and stories in the Bible portray. This is David vs. Goliath, the small Vs. the Giant. The Weak vs. the Strong. As a matter of fact the movie Sick is an accurate depiction of what goes on in unfair practices of Insurance companies. I am complaining against Met Life Disability. This is one of the most unethical and immoral group of people I have ever dealt with in my life. They have destroyed a many families while in the process profiting huge returns on premiums. They have sucked up my premiums every month for close to a year. When I had an injury which forced me into surgery and out of work for 3 months, I submitted my request for short term disability benefits immediately. I did so prior to going in for this surgery with hopes that it would be processed and I would not have a lapse in my income. I was assured that all was OK and I could feel protected by them while out on medical leave. As the weeks went by and I was attempting to recover no checks came I. After 1 month of being off work not a single cent came in to keep up with any of my daily expenses. Then came the notice that my benefits had been denied due to my issue being a pre-existing condition. I had always had back paid however these (2) accidents which came months after I had their insurance put my normal back pain into a situation where surgery was required they jumped all over the idea of this being a pre-existing condition. Then I was told that all I needed was a letter from my doctor with dates of these new accident and that would clear everything up I did so with in 24 hours. I followed to the T what the representative from MetLife had asked of me as did my Doctor. This was all of a sudden not good enough, and they now wanted me to go through their formal appeals process which takes 6-10 weeks. Due to my inability to keep a household together with zero income after missing 2 months of work I had to prematurely enter the work force a month too soon which again made my back problems worsen. Very little concern was shown by the representatives of MetLife. I t was clear to me that those who I was talking with were there to make sure Met Life Kept every dollar for themselves which is how they can still afford to host these extremely expensive golf and Tennis tournaments. With the mentality used by the associates of Met Life. I have ever had a Head and than have an accident with extreme Head trauma it would be considered pre-existing. Since Met Life could not afford my 2 months leave of absence I lost my Apartment where I housed my 2 kids, My car which got us to and from work. I as well further injured myself forcing my to take more medications than prior to my surgery and could not perform at the top[ of my game which my job being commissioned based destroyed my financially. . The best part is when I told my employer at a collections agency in Phoenix, AZ of whom I had been a notable top producer and 7 year long employee that I needed to go away for FLMA to get better and off the medications I was immediately terminated. Leaving my family without [censored]er, income or the necessities to continue an even halfway normal life. Thank you to all you big wigs at MetLife If there is an afterlife I pray that you are no part of any good that may come of it. You should all be ashamed of yourselves especially you MRS. FRIENDLY as she goes by. One of the most underachieving word grabbers using words such as uuhh1…and uhm! And like. On a regular basis just searching for the right words to tell me sorry but you is just another SUCKER customer.

• Ps
    PSRING Apr 21, 2011

I have metlife insurance and have not been able to get them to pay for my short or long term disability. I fractured my hip and dislocated it. They took my premiums and have not paid me a cent. I paid to have the forms filled out by doctors and paid for medical records to be sent to them. This happened in Oct 2010. Since I have put so much stress on my other hip I have torn the labrum and looking at that surgery. Their doctors say I should all ready be back at work even though I had three hip surgeries on the same hip within one year and my other hip is messed up..What is wrong with this picture?

• Ba
    Bad leg BOB Jun 06, 2011

Met life REAL Fax # is [protected] call it as much as you want.It works.Tho it can be changed.
    You can record your conversaion by using " this is recorded for quality controll" call all day long if that what it takes. If you find that they are always confused, there is a LAW called DISPAIRITY TOWARD OTHERS...it's against the LAW to be as leagaly confused as you want to be.
    Asked the computor voiced operator ...CUSTOMER SERVICE... you will get a HUMAN . Ask then for a CASE MANEGER. If your case manager gets you no where ?? ASK FOR THEIR SUPERVISOR !!
    Your time will be better used . Sorry to say but if everyone does this, it will clog them up...so keep trying. Call your ATTORNEY GENERAL . He will send proper paper work. If every one does this and their results are too poor HE will then start a class action. Action !!!