Having problems with MetLife?

+1 212 578 2211 (Headquarters)
+1 800 638 5433 (General Inquiries)
+1 800 638 5000 (Life Insurance Policies)
+1 800 638 7732 (Individual Annuities)
+1 800 422 4272 (Auto & Home Policies)
+1 800 560 5001 (Group Annuities)
+1 800 929 1492 (Disability Policies)
+1 800 308 0179 (Long Term Care Policies)
+1 800 638 7283 (Total Control Account)
+1 800 638 2704 (Structured Settlements)
200 Park Ave
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

difficult company

My mother has an active, current, long term health care policy with Metlife, thorough AARP. This company ha...

sales rep poor performance

After summiting all the required paper work to the insurance sales rep, he fail to write a policy for my home...

non payment

We were never given an information card regarding our id number nor a list of acceptable places to go to for cancer screening labs. We were not given payment for lab expenses incurred after using a qualified oral surgent on their list. They said it wasn't a lab on their "mysterious list".

• Sh
    Shannon Sep 19, 2008

All my experience's working with MetLife have been negitive. Recently, I found out this company outsources all there work to Costa Rico. No wonder every time I contact there company I get a non English speaking non understanding individual EVERY TIME. Our office's claims are denied on every occassional possible, and this company truely does not care about the subscribers or providers. There are no Federal Agency overseeing their unfair practices and this allows them to damage us all.

• Gi
    gigi Mar 26, 2009

Metlife they are by far the worst dental insurance I had to deal with. Evey time I called I got a non english speaking person that I can't even make sense out of what they are saying. I called numerous times for the same problem and got a different answer from all differnet people none of them which made sense. What was even funnier is when I asked for the senior representitive they transfferd me to another broken english speaking person that couldn't solve my problem or even understand it.

• Te
    teethless Jan 13, 2011

Hey I saw that I am not the only one experiencing it.
    It sounds exactly as the situation I having right now!
    Metlife promised to cover the orthodontic procedures and then just changed its mind and refused to cover the procedure.
    I called them numerous times with no avail.
    In my opinion if there are more then one situation like thiswith Metlife its time find a lawyer and bring a collective lawsuit against it.

• Pa
    paulpostman Jun 16, 2012

6/1/2012 worst insurance imaginable
    denied my coverage because work was done 48 months ago and they have a 60 month pre-existing condition give me a break, it should be at least prorated. their junk and the sad part is our government bailed this company out with our own taxpayer money.
    They will find a way to deny your claim especially if it entails some money. avoid this company at all costs.

disability

I applied for my benefits when my company had their enrollment period, back in September 2007. I send my Statement of Health form in and it was signed by me on 9/16/07. I later called MetLife to check on my coverage and they said I was being denied due to a pre-existing condition, pregnancy and that I supposedly send them a letter saying I was pregnant that was signed on 9/16/07. I informed them I didn't conceive until 10/11/07. They then told me to fax in a letter from my doctor stating my conception date with an appeal.
So, I went ahead and faxed the letter from my doctor, but MetLife STILL denied me for coverage. THEY state that supposedly on my Statement of Health form that I signed back in September, that I was pregnant at the time, even though my doctor states I didn't conceive until 10/11. When I called in to discuss this with them, nobody including the supervisor wanted to hear any of this. They just kept repeating themselves about the paper I signed. I tried to inform them I would've had to have been psychic to say a month before I conceived, that I was pregnant. But, they didn't care what my doctor had to say. They just simply said they would not give me any coverage.
This company is horrible with this! I've seen the complaints...and they all basically sound the same! I'm sooo ready to get an attorney for this. Now, I will not be able to take any maternity leave to recover and spend time with my baby...and get paid for it. I can't afford to just take time off! MetLife is awful. I will NEVER sign up for disability insurance with them...EVER, or EVER reccomend them to ANYONE!!!

ltd claim

I have been on long term disability for the past 12 years due to back problems. This Jan my long term...

denied claim

I was out of work from october 2007 until january 2008 due to a very seris illness. My doctor felt that it was unsafe for me to perform my job duties so he said i need to take a leave from work. i took a leave from work expecting to be paid from std but was denied payment. I appealed it, so they sent my records to a doctor of there choice who said i was able to work at the time my doctor said i couldn't work. They sent the records from there doctor to my doctor asking do my doctor agree with what there doctor's said my doctor said no my patient has a life long illnesss that cause a life time of pain. After my doctor sent there response with updating records they denied me again and said i can't do anymore appeals and i only did one appeal on this case. i was out of work with no pay and everything such as bills, food and clothes for my kids, and even my automobile was thearting to be taking away from me. i have been with my company for a long period of time and didn't no that metlife didn't care about there customers they just care about the money that they receive from us.

poor service on all accounts!

I had applied for a term policy after reading that MetLife offered the cheapest term polic, and with an...

short term disability

I paid all year to have this protection, now I can't work due to back injury, so I put a claim in and it...

defrauded by disability metlife insurer!

Absolutely do not buy Met Life disability. I bought it thru Kindred health care. In 2000 I became disabled. I...

illegal business practices!

I have been off work since July 1, 2006 at which time I filed a disability claim with MetLife I have always paid extra for short and long term disability insurance through my company ACS.

Since my disability, requiring transplant, MetLife has made my life miserable. I have fought tooth and nail since day one to get my disability and I have finally reached the straw that broke "my back". It took over 2 months to get my first disability check at which time I had to borrow from friends and relatives to keep a roof over my head. By the time I received my short term disability I was in long term disability which took another 2 months + and was approved until July 2008, I receive back pay then 1 month pay to be paid to date in late December. As of today I received my January 2007 check with a deduction of most of the check claiming I was receiving social security and this is the difference. I have filed for SS disability but have not been approved to date. Upon calling MetLife I was informed that they ASSUME that I would be getting this amount from SS even though I have not been approved and that just in case I was receiving SS they deduct this amount so that I would not be overpaid. These people are playing with my life as though I am nothing. They tell me they don't have the supervisors phone number when they transfer me to my caseworker of course all I get is voice mail. They have me over a barrel. If I don't get my check I cannot pay my rent, utilities, etc. But most importantly I will not be able to get my medications. Is this legal?

• Ro
    rochelle thomaas May 21, 2007

I am going through the same thing with metlife they are giving me a hard time on my ltd which they terminated i can't get any answer from anyone from there they are playing with my life i can't pay my bills or take care of my children. I since have appeal there decision so now i am waiting 45 days which they are loving it. I have been off work sine January of 06 i had surgery on my back. They also called themselves doing a surveillance but they actually got my daughters on camera not be isn't that funny.

• Le
    leary powers Apr 18, 2008

THIS IS THE LAST TIME > YOU HAVE TAKING MONEY OUT OF CHECKING ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY O-KAY STOP IT > I DON'T WANT YOUR SERVICE I DID NOT WANT YOUR SERVICE HOW CAN I TELL YOU TO STOP IT " you F%$#@####$%@" PUT MY MONEY BACK.I ASK YOU ON THE 16 OF APRIL TO STOP IT AND YOU CHARGE ME AGAIN ON THE 18 OF APRIL. YOU ARE F$#@% UP> Larry Powers {YOU ARE A RIP--OFF}

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices