Mercury Insurance Group Logo

Mercury Insurance Group

Having problems with Mercury Insurance Group?

Mercury Insurance Group Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 503 3724 (Customer Service)
+1 714 255 5001 (Head Office)
1700 Greenbriar Ln
Brea, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mercury Insurance Group Customer Service. Initial Mercury Insurance Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mercury Insurance Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mercury Insurance Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Mercury Insurance Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Mercury Insurance Groupauto insurance claim

Erik Sarwold has sat on my claim for over two years now. He has not tried to bribe me but he constantly makes statements like he is a medical doctor when he has almost no knowledge of medicine. Then he uses these false statements as justification for not paying my claim! I am filing a complaint against him with the California State Department of Insurance and the State Medical Board. I want Mercury Insurance to fire this guy and have someone else take over my claim and other peoples claims assigned to him who will resolve them fairly. His offers of settlement have been extreme low balls and very insulting. I also suspect he hates women and minorities. I am a woman and my original attorney was Latino and Erik has treated both of us like imbeciles!!! He also butted his way into claim negotiations with the original claims adjuster on my claim who already had 50% of my claim resolved. My impression-his butting in on the other claims adjuster and stating I should get nothing had two purposes-1. Make a fool out of a co-worker who he saw as competition 2. Put a woman and her minority attorney in their place!!! Get Amica or Chubbs insurance who actually pay their claims and cancel your insurance with Mercury ASAP!!! Mercury severely underpays its claims or pays them not at all!!! I cancelled my Mercury insurance I had for 20 years after dealing with him. Wake up Mercury-Erik is costing you way more in lost revenue due to insurance cancellations or Erik creating a bad reputation for Mercury than what he is saving you in illegally underpaying claims.

Mercury Insurance Groupclaims department

Erik Sarwold has sat on my claim for over two years now. He has not tried to bribe me but he constantly makes statements like he is a medical doctor when he has almost no knowledge of medicine. I am filing a complaint against him with the California State Department of Insurance and the State Medical Board. I want Mercury Insurance to fire this guy and have someone else take over my claim and other peoples claims who will resolve them fairly.

RESOLVED

This did not really get resolved but I fear retaliation so I want to delete my complaint.

Mercury Insurance GroupAuto insurance

On friday, november 4, 2016 around 6:30 am while on my way to work I was involved in an accident on the 605 n freeway due to stuff on the freeway and traffic coming to a complete stop at high speed I rear ended the car in front of me in the fast lane the impact was very hard but there were no injuries and both parties exchanged info. Before the highway patrol arrived after the accident I drove to work and my check engine light came on right away while driving to work. I called the insurance co. On my lunch break I called mercury and reported the accident and I was given a referral to their body shop which was to busy to take in my car and was told to bring it back on monday so I notified susan my claim adjuster advised her of the situation and ask could I take the car to my mechanic since the engine light was on to have it checked out and was given the green light so I drove my car to enterprise to pick up my rental called aaa to come pick up my car from enterprise because I was stuck with two cars to be picked up and taken to sherif's auto care in whittier for repairs after the adjuster came out approved the work another problem arisen the mechanic told me their was engine damage adjuster came back out and approved a engine gave the mechanic the green light followed by a email with their approval to move forward so the engine was ordered while chrissa the adjuster was there on site the engine was ordered my engine was removed from my car while work was about to be performed someone by the name of john called sherif's and said the claim was denied serval days later which caused me phone conversations for servals days back and forward from work stressing me out explaining over and over what happened all they kept telling me that their was a class action suit for the dodge chargers 2.7 engine and I needed to take it up with them I called chysler and was told that was not true. I called charisse several times telling her my car was well maintained and I had no problems to my engine before this accident she continued each call yelling at me saying over n over about a class action suit is going on so I started calling john to have conferences calls with the mechanic over n over he wanted to include charissa after hearing about the approval email being sent to sherif's I refused to talk to her and told john that she have been yelling at me every phone conversation and I was not going to speak with her apparently she's mad because she approved work to be done then had to pretend she didn't are what ever the case was the only thing they approved was the front end bodywork and cat. Converter because they thought that was the problem until sherif's contacted charissa that it was the engine which she had approved. I was told to return the rental and and that my car was ready my car was left without a engine I had to re rent a car for almost a week costing serval hundreds of dollars and pay sherif's $2050 which caused me to be so stressed no money for any of this disaster and mistreatment from john/charissa I have always spoke highly of mercury who let me down I truly felt like I had no auto insurance at all. Most embarrassing part I had to explain to people how my car was being repaired than denied. Thanks for taking out the time to review my complaint in this matter. Please feel free to contact me at [protected] tracey thomas.

• Re
          ReneeWallace May 05, 2017

Mercury Insurance Group — Automotive insurance claims

Erik Sarwold of mercury insurance insists on getting bribes to resolve claims, thats right it does not matter...

Mercury Insurance GroupRotten Customer Service:

Mercury Insurance is extremely hard to cancel before the policy renewal date, especially if you have automatic payment withdrawal setup. I purchased an auto policy with another carrier three days before my policy with mercury was to expire. My new carrier notified AIS and Mercury of my new coverage and a request for Mercury to cancel my policy. Three days later, Mercury withdrew their automatic payment and renewed the policy. They contend that they never received a cancellation notice from my new carrier and I would have to submit a cancelation request and since I did not cancel before the renewal date, the cancelation may be subject to a cancelation fee. Same story with my Homeowner policy, I called 3 weeks after my new carrier sent in the cancellation notice to see what the status was on my refund for unused premium and cancelation fees. Good thing I called, they tell me the policy was never canceled. What a basketful of incompetents .

• Rd
            RDBarnes Nov 06, 2015

Update 11/6/2015 Mercury Returned the full amount due without charging a cancelation fee on the Auto Insurance. I am still waiting to hear from them regarding the Homeowner Insurance Refund Status.

Mercury Insurance, Homeowners Ins. — Non-payment 9 months!!

Security Guard lied; I was arrested, at home, by SWAT, brutally injured, tasered 6x, needed 25/30 stitches in...

Mercury InsuranceIgnored my claim

On march 1st 2012, i was driving through sherman oaks on my way to work and i was behind this gold corolla. The corolla was coming up on a yellow light and hit the brakes then began backing up since she stopped in the intersection. i was coming up on her and because she was backing, i could not stop in time. There was some pretty serious damage to the front end and her car had just a few scratches that were very minor. We exchange info and i make a claim with her insurance shortly after. I also talked to a witness that was there and he signed a letter and sent it to mercury. Initially i was assigned to an adjuster, but then about a week later, i find out that it is assigned to another adjuster. These adjusters never returned my calls and completely ignored my claim even though i did everything i was suppose to do. They never investigated the claim and they took the lady's word. She was never penalized and i had to spend over $1000 to fix my car. The radiator and the hood suffered the most damage. I was fortunate i was still able to drive the car to my mechanic. This incident also cost me 2 days of work since i drive for a living. I feel Mercury wrongfully ignored my claim and should have paid me for my damage. Instead, i had to pay for someone else's ignorance. I don't understand how that is fair. It is so risky to drive these days because people are very careless and there are lots of people who drive with no insurance. Even if they have insurance, it is a big hassle trying to get paid for your damages unless you get the whole thing on video. Just wanted to let people know that Mercury Insurance is a lousy company when it comes to dealing with claims.

• Tu
              Turd goober Sep 29, 2014

Sounds like you rear ended someone. Chargeable loss.

• Jz
              JZ76 Jul 26, 2011

The WORST auto insurance company ever. I've paid Full coverage for at least 5 years without any incident but when it came time for me to use my coverage to cover a broken windshield & mirror on my car they refused to cover it. NEVER-EVER buy Mercury insurance they only take your money away and not cover anything.

Mercury Insurance Groupdeny of a claim

I was hit from behind while making a left turn. The driver was on his cell phone and never hit his brakes. the impact was so hard it spun the car completely around. The police were call however, no police report was filed because there was no injuries. I called my insurance company then the other guys insurance. I had to wait two days before getting a claim number because he didnt file the claim until two days after the accident. After days of not hearing from them I called back still no answers. Two weeks later they tell me they are going to send an adjuster out the next week. The adjuster comes to my house and looks at the car tells my wife "wow he hit you really hard!" and that he is going to total the car, also to remove all personal effects before they come to tow it. He said we would be contacted in one bussiness day on the estimated value of the car. He also informed my wife that it would be a few days before the tow truck would come because it was not an emergancy situation because it was on our property. Two days after the adjuster was at my house we recived a call, the claim was denied?????????????

• Re
                ReneeWallace May 05, 2017

File a complaint with the State Department of Insurance and also see if you can get a class action started against Mercury for not paying their claims. The State of California investigated them in 2004 for abusive claims procedures. Also, you might want to get an attorney involved but they will charge 40% fee on what you get.

Mercury Insurance GroupClaims department agents

I use to date an employee @ Mercury Insurance in Brea, CA. My boyfriend use to cheat on me with his co workers, by going to HAPPY HOURS, right after work, and to lunch with these same young party girls.

It just so happened that we had a mutual friend, who gave me access to some very disturbing personal, sexually suggesting emails, that they would write back in forth to each other through out the day.

I was very bothered by it, and found out several of employees at this company have had affairs, when they were married with their coworkers.

I personally caught an STD from my boyfriend cheating on me, and he wont admit who gave it to him, but after seeing the dirty talk, he has so freely with those co workers, Im sure it came from one of them.

Needless to say, we broke up, because of him lying to me and cheating, but I have my insurance policies with Mercury Insurance, and he has called me up, after several months not talking to him, to congraduate my

teen age daughters on her school grades, based off him looking at my policy and seeing we got the good drivers discount.
              I hate the fact he can look at my business with Murcury because he works there, I have been thinking about canceling with this Insurance Company because I don't want someone personally being nosey review my policies.

He gives me the creeps, and I hate the fact that he can look at my personal home address. Please help, if you know if I should report, this matter, or cancel my policies I have had for over $13 yrs., with Mercury Insurance.

• Ca
                  Captain Dan-Dan Jan 30, 2015

Gosh: I got swindled by Rod Peterson; while I was out of state, Rod showed up with two helpers and they were in a moving van! My idiot wife didn't see anything wrong with that scenario. Handyman Rod and his helpers helped themselves to (TOO many to list) Thank God wifey got PODS (portable on demand storage) to put 85-90% of our property in. That was end of Feb 2014 and 1st week of March 2014. We have been putting our house back together. MERCURY has not paid us one dime. All of the items claimed are verifiable. Merc. sent out investigators 3 (THREE) times! Don't know what they are looking for--if I say the item is gone; it is gone. So here we are in Jan (30) 2015 and no money. I need DECENT /Fair SETTLEMENT immediately. I need help with the vandalism and theft at my second home in Oro Grande, CA. and I need Mercury's help in prosecuting CRIMINALLY R. Peterson. He's already done time for: mfg. drugs; drug paraphernalia and AND A.D.W. (If you don't know what that is: ASSAULT with a DEADLY WEAPON). So as Johnny Manziel says "GIMMIE MONEY!" I'm 65 y/o and too old to play footsie with those fools at Mercury.SOMEBODY needs to be FIRED!

• Po
                  poora91 Apr 17, 2011

Duh? you mean there aren't other insurance companies out there?

• Em
                  Email Abuser Employee Sep 11, 2010

WHAT A SICK GROUP OF EMPLOYEES, YOU HAVE WORKING THERE. NOW I KNOW HOW COMPANY FLINGS, BRAKE UP MARRIAGES SO EASILY.
                  I WOULD NEVER HANG OUT WITH PEOPLE I WORK WITH, I THINK IT IS BAD BUSINESS, GETTING TO KNOW A CO WORKER, AT AN HAPPY HOUR.
                  NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OUT FROM, DRINKING & GETTING EXTRA FRIENDLY, OR EVEN EMBARRASSING YOURSELF GETTING DRUNK.
                  YOU JUST WONT EVER GET THAT SAME KIND A REPORT, AFTER THAT, SITUATION. IT WILL ALWAYS BE RELAXED.

Mercury Travel InsuranceClaims

My claim was denied because my mother was already in the hospital for cancer surgery. I did not cancel the trip because of the cancer, I cancelled because her lung collapsed the day before my trip. The doctor's statement clearly said that the collapsed lung occurred the day before my trip. I pointed out to Mercury that the statement said that, but they want a doctor's letter saying it again. I have a second claim pending that I was told will probably be denied as well. I was called home from a trip because my mother developed pneumonia while I was gone. Because they looked into her history, they saw she had pneumonia in the past and I guess their medical experts decided that she continued to have it and therefore it was an existing condition at the time I was on the trip. The process took weeks. I am sure that since I have been unable to get my mother's signature on the second claim's Consent to Release Medical Information form, they will find a reason to deny that claim too. I attached a copy of her death certificate, maybe that will explain why I couldn't get all of their requested documents. Please save yourself the headache and use a different company.

ania1968 May 16, 2010

I am extremely upset and disappointed by the treatment I got from Mercury Travel Insurance. About a year ago, while buying tickets to Vietnam for me and my boyfriend through Priceline, I was offered Mercury Travel Insurance. I bought it just to be on the safe side since "better safe than sorry". Several days before my departure my father who had been sick for a while, got dramatically worse and I had no choice but to cancel my vacation and go to Poland, where my family lives, instead. I looked up my travel policy and it said that in case of sickness or death of "an immediate family member", the insurance would cover the trip cancelation. I called Mercury and explained their representative that I had to go to Poland instead Vietnam due to my father's deteriorating condition. He told me to send them all the documents related to my father's illness and hospitalization once I was back.
                    I never got to see my dad alive, he died the night of my flight from San Francisco.
                    Upon return to the States, I filled Mercury forms and sent them my dad's death certificate. Two months later I got a letter form them expressing "their deepest sympathy" and informing me that the insurance won't reimburse me since their definition of "an immediate family member" is somebody "residing in the US or Canada".
                    Their definition of "an immediate family member" seems outrageous and they don't mention it till the very end under "definitions of terms". I had no reason to look up the definitions since it seems obvious who "an immediate family member" is and one's parents definitely qualify. Also, Mercury never mention the existance of such a definition while explaining the terms of the policy.
                    Moreover, the representative I talked to never mentioned their restrictions. He knew my father was not residing in America and he never spoke of "a residency requirement". If he had let me know at the time, I could have still tried to negotiate with the airline directly and maybe moved my travel dates or got credits for the future.
                    I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau but it all came to nothing. I am another victim of a small print practise and a scheme how to take most without giving anything back. Nothing besides "the deepest sympathy" letter from Mercury. Shame on you, Mercury!

Mercury Insurance CompanyMoney owed

We got auto insurance thru Mercury Insurance on July 26, 2010, for a total monthly premium of $217. On July 13, we were notified that there would be an increase of $50 monthly because our daughter did not fulfill the requirement as a full time student (she didn't have a full 12 units). We could get insurance cheaper, so we cancelled the policy on the 14th. We did not get back any unused policy amount, and they said we had to pay $35 for cancellation. We would agree if they gave us back the unused amount from the amount we paid for the month and didn't use (totaling $85). They refused and are going to turn the $35 over to collection if we don't pay. Why should we pay anything when the agent quoted us a price, and then it was increased? We cancelled before a month. There is a part of the policy that states we would have to pay a 10% charge if the policy is cancelled. Why $35? Was it really $350 a month we'd have to pay? OK, so take the $35 out of the $85 we should get back. Not one single customer service rep would even take the time to explain this without being sarcastic. Don't get this insurance unless you know it will not increase first.

• Wp
                      Wpayton5599 Mar 18, 2011

This is a very deceptive move by Mercury and it is not consumer friendly. It sounds like you have not only received a policy fee, you have also received a short-rate cancellation fee. It probably negated your unused premium. If you would like, I can help you with Mercury if you will bring your auto insurance to my agency. E-mail me at [email protected]

Mercury County Mutual Insurance — refusal to pay clain

Luis Sanchez hit me on May 1, 2009. Texas State Tooper came to the site of the wreck. The DPS officer...