Meijermeijer cottage cheese

R Review updated:

Why did you guys change your cottage cheese? When you went from Orange container to the blue, it is the worst tasting!!! I will no longer be buying your cottage cheese!! I am very dissaponnted. I always shop at meijer but with more and more different options I could go somewhere else. I eat lots of it and always went there because you had some of the best. Not no more!

• Tw
    twomorestrokes Sep 19, 2021

I've got to say I never have noticed a difference and have been buying it for many years. Usually the only difference I can taste with any brand is with Daisy brand. Not a bad difference, just different.

• Ta
    Tank Thomas Mar 24, 2019

Been eating this cottage cheese for GENERATIONS! My grandparents would eat it with fruit all the time when I was a kid. Now all of the sudden you completely ruined it to save a buck?! It was a staple of our meal time in my house. Very disappointed in the choice. The replacement is un-eat-able. It is the worst thing I've ever tasted. You must be throwing tons of this foul tasting stuff away every month. My Meijer always has plenty of this garbage cause NOBODY is buying it now. Just switch back already, PLEASE!

• Be
    Beth0416 Dec 29, 2018

We have been purchasing Meijer cottage cheese for years and it was the best around, BUT since you changed it we do NOT like it at all. Please go back to the original. There have been a couple of other changes/discontinuations also and I would hate to have to start shopping somewhere else.

• Cp
    Cp79Z Dec 06, 2018

I thought maybe it was just me but apparently not. I loved the orange container cottage cheese but the new blue container is absolutely horrible. Smells spoiled and tastes terrible. Looks like I'll be looking for a different brand to purchase. So disappointing.

• Ho
    HollyS. Oct 16, 2018

I purchased two 3lb. tubs of small curd cottage cheese and was very disappointed in it. It was terribly soupy, about 1/3 curds and 2/3 thick soupy creamy fluid. I gave one tub to my in laws before I realized the texture and my tub I used in lasagna. A week later I purchased two 24 oz. containers and the texture etc. is fine. What happened to the previous cottage cheese? Why or how could you sell it like that?! It was purchased 10/06/18 at the Meijer store in Okemos. It was stamped 10/21/18 06:33 #39-222 JH/DZ 2. On sale $4.99.

• Pa
    Paul in Novi Oct 16, 2018

I purchased the new blue container cottage cheese last weekend. I agree with the proceeding comments. The 3 lb container stated small curd, but it was large curd. I have been purchasing the Meijer cottage cheese for the last 4 years and I am very disappointed in the changes that were made. It appears that Meijer has gone to a different supplier for their cottage cheese.

• Ca
    Cal11 Oct 10, 2018

Glad I found this, bought the blue yesterday and it is awful!!!

• Md
    mdr312 Aug 22, 2018

I agree, the new cottage cheese is terrrible. It is sour-smelling and tastes as though it has spoiled. I was a big fan of the orange container cottage cheese and bought a large container weekly. I refuse to buy the blue container.

• Fi
    [email protected] Jul 14, 2019

@mdr312 I agree... when the colour changed, so did the taste and for the worse. But... I continues buying it hoping they’d get it straightened out. I’m eating some right now and I gotta say... it’s BACK BABY!!!
    Tastes like the original stuff again. Rich and creamy (not too creamy) and full of flavour. Not watery and odd tasting like when they first changed the packaging.
    So excited. Give them another try. Let me know if I just got a random batch.
    Btw... I travel from Canada to get this stuff.