Megamartfalse 50% discount offer claim

W Mar 16, 2018

Today I visited Megamart located at Kasarvadavali, Thane where they had put up an advertisement of 50% discount valid from 16.3.18 to 18.3.18. It was mentioned that we have to pay only Rs.3000 on purchase of goods worth Rs.6000.

I purchased 2 trousers roughly of approx Rs.2499 & Rs.2899 plus a shirt of Rs.899 plus 2 pairs of Vests for 399 & 419 & one pack of hand kerchief costing Rs.149. When I went to bill, I was shocked to know that the bill was for a total of Rs.6098.
When I inquired with the cashier, he mentioned that the trousers were eligible for only 30% discount & all other items did not quality for the offer. Despite the 30% discount, there was something amiss so inquired on how he has arrived at Rs.6098.
Was further shocked to know that they reduce 30% on the MRP & again add GST. Effectively, the final discount on these trousers seemed much below 30%
The bill shows 10% discount on trousers of Rs.5398 i.e. the discount amount is Rs.1619. The Net payable for trousers should have been Rs.3779 plus other items of Rs.1866 thereby totaling to Rs. 5678. But the final bill was Rs.6098.

Felt terribly cheated.