Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Internet Providers Mediacom EBB Credit, abuse by reps and service interruptions

Mediacom  - EBB Credit, abuse by reps and service interruptions

C
Author of the complaint
7:17 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Subject: Fwd: You Qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit!

Mediacom says they are not able to verify my EBB credit when it has been approved and I have an ID # and should not have to reapply.

I was told I was [censored] and they do not help [censored]!

Others are going through the same hassles with their providers

Help us get the credit applied before the money runs out and get something done about the way this is being handled

Also we need help getting bill credits for service issues-like signal interference and signal leaks. Our service goes out when vehicles drive by.

Also, I had a Nest Egg thermostat installed by an Electrician through Alliant Energy. Because of the wi-fi issues and interference, took 4 hrs and a bill of $400 which Alliant paid

Cynthia J Koehler
Cedar Rapids IA

Tell the provider that you have been approved by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).
IMPORTANT TIP: Give the provider the following information as it appears on your Emergency Broadband Benefit application so they can sign you up:

Application ID: B74009-39914
Full Legal Name: CYNTHIA Johanna KOEHLER
Child/Dependent's Full Legal Name:
Address: 286 JACOLYN DR NW
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52405
Method of Identity Verification: Other Government ID
The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for those on Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute between $10-$50 toward the purchase price. The connected device discount is a one-time benefit so you may only receive this discount once, even if you change companies.
NOTE: The EBB Program is a temporary benefit that will expire when the available appropriated funds are exhausted or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end of the COVID-19 health emergency.
For more information about the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, visit GetEmergencyBroadband.org.
If you have questions about your connected device, broadband service, or bill, contact your internet company. If you have questions about the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, call us at [protected] or send us an email at [protected]@usac.org.
The Emergency Broadband Support Center
Universal Service
Administrative Co.

Visitor

3 Messages
2 months ago
I applied in the very beginning to the national verifier and was approved. I have the email stating I was approved and also verified it over the phone with the national verifier. Xfinity rejected it saying I'm not in national verifier system. I called xfinity, they told me that they were having an issue initially and just to reapply. Ok, so I reapplied, same rejection email from Xfinity. Called xfinity again and was told to call the National Verifier. Called them and they said everything is good on their end and fully approved. So I reapplied again on xfinity, only to get the same rejection email. I have triple checked that all my info on the xfinity ebb application is matching the info on my national verifier application, so that is not the issue. I called xfinity again and this time they transferred me to the internet essential department and told me that they are handing the ebb. Ok great, finally some help right? The agent told me that xfinity is aware that there are problems with the system and that almost all the calls shes been getting were the same issue that I was having. She asked me what my national verifier application id is and she said, ok great, I put in in the system and sent it to the dept that is handling it and that they will use the id to match it and that there was no need for me to call back and hopefully should just be a day or two and to watch for the approval email. Ok, great finally getting somewhere!, Not so fast. Here I am 8 days later, no email, no nothing. So I make ANOTHER phone call to xfinity, had to explain everything again and get transferred to the internet essentials dept. Re- explained everything for..how many times is it now, 4 calls total I believe. He said, ok I will put you on hold and speak with the dept higher then me. he came back and said, they told him to tell me that it is required to apply to the national verifier first! What? I had just explained everything to him so on hold again, only to be told to reapply with the national verifier, well not only is there zero reason to do that since I am already fully approved, but you cannot reapply with the national verifier again if you are approved unless its been 90 days and you have to start over. I told him, it wasn't only not necessary but not possible and that there is no problem on their end. Ok, on hold again, as he was talking to the dept "above him", this time asks me to verify my spelling of my name, address, etc. I had already checked that several times myself to be sure that everything was the same on the National Verifier and Xfinity, but ok..I verified it. He says that they told him to reapply for me..what? What is the difference between me pushing that button or him I asked? Well nothing is different, he was just doing it for me. I told him it was ridiculous because nothing is getting resolved and nothing is different on your end. I also asked why would the other agent tell me 8 days ago that something is wrong in the system and that they would use my app id number to match it, he didn't really have an answer., so that was apparently just anther run around answer. Nearly an hour later, I finally hang up and now I wait another 24-48 hours for another rejection, and I don't see how it will be any different since absolutely nothing different was done to resolve it. I asked him, if this doesn't work then what? Again, he didn't know the answer to that. They are giving people the run around and those of us that have this issue are missing out on the limited funds and time that this program will be in affect. [Edited: "Solicitation"]
(edited)

To: [protected]@usac.org
Sent: Thu, Jul 22, 2021 6:56 pm

To: [protected]@aol.com
Sent: Thu, Jul 22, 2021 3:37 pm

I am being told by Peggy at Mediacom that my EBB credit cannot be verified

I am tired of the run arounds and the [censored] and want the credit applied

Mediacom's EBB department phone # is

Call Mediacom at [protected]

Please help me

Cindy Koehler

To: [protected]@servicenowservices.com
Sent: Thu, Jun 17, 2021 12:54 pm
Subject: Re: You Qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit!

I have signed up and the credit has been applied by TMobile and Mediacom
Please help me

Cynthia J Koehler

From: Lifeline Support
To: [protected]@aol.com
Sent: Thu, Jun 17, 2021 12:49 pm
Subject: You Qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit!

You Qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit! Now, it's time to sign up with a provider.
Dear CYNTHIA,
You recently submitted an application for the Emergency Broadband Benefit.
Your application has been approved. If you haven't already done so, your next step is to sign up with a participating internet company by 08/23/2021 so you can begin receiving discounted broadband service through the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program.
If you do NOT sign up by 08/23/2021, you will have to reapply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit. Due to the temporary nature of the program, we encourage you to contact a service provider to enroll as soon as you can.
Even if you want to receive the benefit from your current broadband service provider, you still need to contact them to start receiving the benefit.
How to Sign Up with a Provider

Contact an internet company to pick a service plan and begin receiving your monthly Emergency Broadband Benefit discount.

If you are interested in a connected device, click here for a list of companies that offer connected devices. Not all companies participating in the program are offering connected devices. You will need to enroll with a company to receive your broadband AND device benefit.

Application ID: B74009-39914
Method of Identity Verification: Other Government ID
The Emergency Broadband Support Center
Universal Service
Administrative Co.
This is an automated message. Please do not reply to this email.
The information contained in this electronic communication and any attachments and links to websites are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this communication in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.

Ref:MSG4477819
Reply Reply All Forwa

Helpful? 0 0

More Mediacom complaints & reviews

Mediacom - Terrible customer service!
Mediacom - Return of equipment