Complaints & Reviews

Meaningful Beautycommitted me to their and another company's products

Ordered the Meaningful Beauty starter special. As a bonus they sent me some vitamins. Did not feel the items lived up to their hype, so I called and canceled my membership. Imagine my surprise when the vitamins kept on coming!!! When I called meaningful beauty about this they said they couldn't help me I had to call another number as this wasn't their product!!! How can meaningful beauty make a commitment on my behalf to another company's product????? BEWARE WHEN YOU ORDER ANY MEANINGFUL BEAUTY PRODUCTS - THEY WILL SET YOU UP ON AUTO SHIP SYSTEM FOR THEIR PRODUCTS AND OTHER company's PRODUCTS. I find this to be a fraudulent business practice.

Meaningful Beauty Vitamins — fraudulent ad/ misrepresentation

I ordered the Cindy Crawford beauty kit and they sneak their vitamins in the 30-day trial package. I...

Meaningful Beauty — I will not do business with a company that is this unprofessional

In March 2017 I ordered the 30 day trial kit. Although I didn't find anything in particular wrong with...

Meaningful Beauty/ Guthy Renker — bad for our skin

This product does nothing but cause skin problems. Harsh and parfumed. I have a large dry spot on my face...

Meaningful Beautywas charged $139.95 for product advertised and explained to be only $39.95

the infomercial and internet website BOTH advertised a price of $39.95 which included free shipping, however when I received the product and looked at the invoice I was charged $46.65 and it showed the total amount of my order to be $139.95 and that i would be billed again the amount of $46.65 on 1-15-12 and $46.65 on 2-12-12. I called their customer service department and was advised I had received a 90 day supply. The ad that I referred her to was for a trial 30 day supply. at the advertised price of $39.95. If the consumer was to purchase the 30 day trial size at a cost of $39.95 for 12 months they would only end up paying $479.40. She went on to explain that each 90 supply I received I would be billed 3 payments of $46.65. That would come out to be four 90-day shipments at $139.95 each order for a ttl of $559.80 a year. I feel this is quite deceptive. I advised them i was immediately sending this back, cancel any furhter shipments and that i would be notifying my credit card company to not allow any charges to be presented against my card from this company as they were unauthorized. It is unfortunate that someone as respected as Cindy Crawford would represent such false and deceptive practices.

• Ok
        oklahomamad Jan 11, 2012

DITTO ON THE BEING OVERCHARGED FOR PRODUCT. 39.95 PER MONTH TURNED INTO REPEATED MONTHLY PAYMENTS TOTALLING 254.00 THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE TRIED TO CANCEL THE ORDER BUT THE DEBITS TO MY ACCOUNT KEEP COMING!!!

• Sh
        Shari in Flint Jan 20, 2012

Ditto myself on being overcharged! $39.95 seemed like a reasonable price but just checked my credit card balance and was charged $56 and change. Not impressed at all. I sure hope I won't have any issues cancelling like the other people!

• Fu
        Furiouscustomer2 Feb 07, 2012

We had the exact same experience! Their conduct is a violation of federal law. Check out http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/policystmt/ad-decept.htm. It states the below and more in detail. We should all report them to FTC and also report these to news media. This is a complete scam. They are continuing to deceive countless people into ordering their product. We can not let this continue. Don't ever purchase this product!

"Section 5 of the FTC Act declares unfair or deceptive acts or practices unlawful. Section 12 specifically prohibits false ads likely to induce the purchase of food, drugs, devices or cosmetics. Section 15 defines a false ad for purposes of Section 12 as one which is "misleading in a material respect."2 Numerous Commission and judicial decisions have defined and elaborated on the phrase "deceptive acts or practices" under both Sections 5 and 12. Nowhere, however, is there a single definitive statement of the Commission's view of its authority. The Commission believes that such a statement would be useful to the public, as well as the Committee in its continuing review of our jurisdiction."

• Fr
        Frieda in SC Sep 14, 2012

Had the same experience. Ordered introductory kit and ended up being charged over $200. They deducted over $200.00 from my bank account before I could get it stopped. They are still dunning me for the balance. This is a total scam. Was told on the phone that my order would be $39.95, but ended up being over $200.00.

Meaningful Beautyproduct makes my skin red

Product makes my skin red. I cancelled my order and no one told me to send back the product or I would be charged $60 more dollars. Bait and switch. They don't tell you everything up front.

• Ko
          Kolumbus May 10, 2012

I had poor experience with Meaningful Junk also. They charged me double--I cancelled they charged me again. Said they would send return label and haven't... I'm ready to go to Atty General for Scam investigation of Company.

• Re
          Red Faced Hot head May 22, 2012

I called 5/22/2012 I tried to use the products about 2 weeks ago I broke out in a red inflamed rash as I was trying to determine what product broke me out, I couldn't decide in the process it got worse if it doesn't clear up on its own I will be going to get it checked out! Thank you you all for all your comments because they don't suggest you return your products, but I am packing them as we speak!

Meaningful Beauty — my face and eyes swelled up. gotta a skin rash

i have used the neck and chest cream that gave me a red rash. then i also used the eye lift cream. and my...

Meaningful Beauty by Guthy-Renkerrefund

Nothing but a Rip-OFF. I ordered from the TV infomercial after watching it several times and looking at in online. I was calling to order the trail of $39.99. The customer service lady that took my order talked me into ordering their two more popular items along with it because they would actually be what would help me with my age spots and dark circles, and puffiness under my eyes. When the products were not helping me with these main issues I e-mailed them and found out none of their products do that and by ordering those two extra items I was in the 60 day trial with a much larger amount billed to me. I complained on the phone and through my e-mail several times and was told to keep trying the product till my 90 days were almost over before returning it. They gave me a date in which it should be returned by and I made sure it was returned before that, THANK GOD because if I would have waited till the date they gave me I would have been too late. They hadn't refunded my money after 4 weeks so I emailed them again and was told my product was returned past the 60 days window. I went to my checking account to see which day in fact that they took the money for it and it said 3-13-11 - I mailed it back through ASPS with a delivery confirmation on 5-12-11 - and they received it 5-13-11 - exactly 60 days. I called them about it and the customer service gentlemen was so rude that I was surprised and didn't remember his name because he said fine we will refund your money and hung up on me. I emailed them again about this with proof of when I ordered it - when I returned it and when they got it back and I received an email today saying they were refunding my money but keeping the S&H charge of $9.99 - but when you order the 90 Day system it's free S&H - but when you return it then they charge you for something you didn't have to pay for when ordering it. They have to get their money somehow - Just think of all the people out there that don't return their orders because they don't want to go through what we have all gone through.

The 20 year old that wrote a nasty remark about ordering items from TV is stupid - you can tell her age - she's right to a certain degree there are a lot of scams out there but I have also ordered many things from TV or ads that were well worth my time and money. But this is pure and simple a SCAM

• Ro
            Rowrena Jun 24, 2011

I kept firing emails at them proving that I had indeed returned their items within my 60 day window and I received an email today from their Corporate Escalation Team telling me that they would also refund my $9.99 S & H charge that was actually free when I ordered it. I haven't checked my bank account as of yet but they still refuse to admit I returned their items within the 60 day window. I ordered their product on March 13, 2011, I would hope you have the time to receive the item before your 60 days start. I mailed it back through USPS with a Delivery Confirmation Receipt that proves they received it May 13, 2011. I would say I didn't receive the item til at least March 15 so I would say I made it back within th 60 days - They will continue to argue and fight to keep any amount of your money. If you copy this web-site - include it with your email to them along with a message telling them you are also going to the BBB and the Federal Trade Commissioner you may be as lucky as me to get a total refund. Everyone needs to get the word out there about how they operate - lie to get customers to purchase items that don't do what they tell you they will then try to keep a S & H fee that was free to begin with. I was also treated very rudely by one of their Representatives and hung up on but I didn't quit. Don't quit =- keep fighting till you get what is rightfully yours and then pass it on to everyone you know what kind of rip off they are running. If everyone works at this we can put them out of business.

Sorry that being 55 y/o and wanting to believe something endorsed by Cindy Crawford makes me stupid in the mind of the 21 y/o but that just shows you that she hasn't ever ordered anything in her life - to actually know there are companies out there that are legitimate and have the type of products they advertise. At least I fought till I got all my money back.

• Re
            Reviewer82889 Oct 10, 2015

I love product, customer service made up of emps that read from a script. If not satisfied, you are transferred to staff whose job it is to use strong arm sales tactics to keep your business-this goes on for 20-30 minutes. They created a "custom order" option on their website but it doesn't function properly. Go to Ulta

Meaningfull beautypoor costumer service

I order my meaningful beauty kit at $39.99 plus s&h. I got the product and it was fine. Once I got it I created an online account and change my next order. I was supposed to get 3 items at $25 each but I couple of days into getting my shipment I wanted to confirm the date and the order but I was never able to get on my account. I called costumer service and they where able to see my account at first and told me that they didn't see any changes and that I was going to get the big kit for $149. I ask them to change it because I didn't want to pay for products I still had at home and they started with their bs that something was happening to the computer and that they couldn't see my account and that I had to call back. I had to end up cancelling my credit card. Very bad experience with them.:(

• Be
              bev hamilton May 28, 2012

I ordered this meaningful beauty creams and it burned my skin so i sent it back within the time period and was reassured i would have my account credetted .tThey sent me another box and i refused it at the post office, called them a gain and was told that it takes time for it to go through., now i notice on my account that they did not credit my account as they said they would so i emailed them and they said i waited too long which i did not i was communicating with them at least two weeks if not before the two month trial period.

Meaningful Beautyreturns and refunds

Product does not work... sub-standard. Save your $$$, time and aggravation, b/c this only gets more expensive as you go along. They continue to charge your credit card every couple of months. Dispute through PayPal and your credit card company. Initial price is a come-on. RETURNS and REFUNDS TAKE FOREVER!!! I have been waiting 3-4 months for resolution. They are continuing to send me a statement even though I sent the product back. I am to the point of submitting a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

• Ro
                Rosalid Feb 12, 2014

I was initially told that I would get more product in three months and received a box before that time. I had plan to cancel my account before the next shipment because it caused faceto break out. The same day that I received the second shipment I called to stop the product and the person in customer service tried hard to convinced me to continue with the product after I informed her it was not working for me and talked loud over me and I could not get a word. She tried to get me to keep the product even though it messed up my face. So I had to call back and talked with someone different and I am mailing the box back and will be getting refund after the box is received. Which I am reading complaints that refunds take forever. I will be calling BBB if I do mot see the money back in my account in 2 weeks

Meaningful Beautydamaged products

I was a Meaningful Beauty for 2+ years and was satisfied with their products. When I received my Feb. shipt. earlier this year, the 3 small bottles of cleanser were all cracked and the product had oozed out. I sent an email to customer service and received a timely response. They would replace the product. However, what they neglected to say was that I would be billed for the replacement. I started seeing small charges against my CC so, once again, I questioned these charges via email. I was then told that I was being billed for the replacement and credit would be issued for the original damaged products. I was checking my CC account for the credit. After waiting 6 wks.. I called their CS dept and was told that credit had been issued to my acct. Another 2 weeks after that with still no credit appearing on my CC., I called again and was told the same thing, that credit had been issued. I spoke with a CSR and a supervisor. I was told that they would need copies of my CC statements to confirm that what I was saying was true. ARE YOU SERIOUS! Long story short, I finally got the credit (in approx. 10 weeks time). About mid-May, I hadn't rec. that shpt. so I went online to check when it had shipped. Lo & behold, my acct was de-activated. The reason: too many complaints on my account...There were 2 - one when I reported the damaged product and one when I hassled them about the credit due me. They call this customer service...It's a JOKE! I'M DONE WITH THEM.

Meaningful Beauty Skin Care Linemakes false claims

1) Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty skin care line does not do for the skin what their infomercials claim they do. Their products are no better than drug store skin care products. 2) They claim they are shipping a "90-day supply" when, in fact, it's nowhere near a 90-day supply of skin care products. I believe that's just a scam to get you to call and order more product until your next "90-day supply" arrives. DON'T GO THERE.

• Zo
                    zorba Jun 01, 2011

It's not 90 day supply I agree, I quit it right away..the products are nice, but not for me...it actually peeled off layers of skin...not bad, but my skin looked dry then, probably an ok product but not for me.

Meaningful Beautycan't cancel

I should have done my research before I ordered this product. After I saw the number of complaints I called them back and tried to cancel the order I JUST placed hours before. The lady told me I had to wait until I got the package in the mail to cancel the order, even though they hadn't even shipped it yet! I told her I didn't want to have to deal with returning a package (and getting proof I returned it, per her suggestion) and it didn't make sense that they would even ship out a product they KNEW I didn't want! She just said there was nothing she could do. Total ###. This company is ridiculous. I only hope I am able to cancel my order before they keep charging my card like they did to so many of you...

• Gr
                      Great Skin Mama Jun 14, 2011

I'm surprised Guthy-Renker sent our family an email to get this since we're Pro-Activ users. Rodan & Fields, the co-cretaors of Pro-Activ have their own unbelievable Anti-Age line appropriately named so & is the first thing I've ever tried that actually erased my furrow between my eyes that made me look like I was scowling all the time.It's honestly not there at all & the self confidence I gained from not looking mad all the time was an unexpected bonus. I use this religiously now along with their AMP MD Systm a cool roller that helps your skin make it's OWN collagen the real secret to not having wrinkles. I buy mine from kalmeida.myrandf.com It's pricey but worth every cent & they offer live nurse support to answer questions your consultant may not be able to in addition to a no hassle 60 day $ back guarantee. You should check it out I wish I could bathe in the stuff! Hope this helps, good luck! Great Skin Mama

• I HATE THIS COMPANY!!! They took out 134.48 dollars out of my account without my permission. I had already closed my account before they took the money out...When I called them to see why I was charged and to tell them I had already cancelled and closed my account, they said I had three other open accounts??? I told them I didn't want the products they had charged me for and I was told I had to wait until I received the packages, refuse them and then wait to get my money back. It took 6 weeks to get a refund. And they kept 27.93 in shipping costs...I cancelled my debit card to ensure that I wouldn't get charged anymore...And to top it all off yesterday I got a bill from them saying that I owed them 93 dollars and my account was past due!!! I closed it you idiots!!! Leave me alone!!! VERY VERY VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!

• De
                      Delores Carvalho Feb 09, 2016

I so agree!!! I have been trying to get money back for 2 shipments I don't want. Come on now... we can ALL get together and start a class action suit for repayment, damages and loss. Shouldn't have gotten it to begin with... After I returned my 2nd shipment, they billed me for yet another, knowing they were doing wrong. I want my refund and am tired of begging for my money.

GRC Meaningful Beauty — unauthorized billing

I've just sent an email to customer service about this and I would like it resolved asap. On Feb. 13...

Meaningful Beautyrip off

Meaningful Beauty products, endorsed by Cindy Crawford, are terrific skin products that really work, but the only way you can purchse them is to become a member in the Gunthy-Renkor family, which means that they ship you a certain amount of product (always too much)every 90 days. They say it's easy to postpone orders or customize, but don't believe them. They admit that their website doesn't properly accept customized orders (I tried twice) and their phone hold lines frequently exceed 15 minutes. They also ship earlier than they say, so if you call a week or 2 before their ship date, you've called too late to change. Then, if you need to return the order because they shipped too early, you are responsible for the return shipping. Once again, great product, but not worth the trouble. There are many other products that you can buy as you need, that are way easier to purchase.

AnzL54 Nov 11, 2009

My significant other ordered the sample kit, cancelled the order and a week or so later my account was hit for $70+. Of course I called and complained so they told me that the order was for sure cancelled now but "when I get the big box" I should refuse it and they would then (within five weeks) credit my account with the $70+. Imagine that...three weeks later I am still not credited even though I sent the unopened box back to them and I got hit for another $23+. I called again and was told the associate should have told me there were three payments involved and that the shipping and handling would not be refunded. They now tell me they have cancelled the last payment and will refund the previous payments(less the S&H) but I will need to wait another five weeks. I wonder how much I will have invested in these scammers before I get loose with nothing to show for my efforts but a phone bill and S&H charges. Pissed don't quite cover it!

• Ed
                        eduff87 Feb 15, 2010

Your significant other or you, should have read the paperwork that came with the product!!! And he shouldnt be buying you things if he doesnt understand the concept of monthly payments. Why should MB refund the shipping and handling they payed to get the product to you?!?!?! Wise up lady

• Mz
                        Mz. V Mar 13, 2010

You have every write to be pissed. This comany is nothing more than a big Scam. I too ordered this product without first doing any research about it. I simply believed what I saw on t.v., but i soon realized that after waiting 3 weeks for my order to arrive that many people had been scamed by this company. I started reading over the internet how people were being charged outrages prices for the products, or were not receiving the product at all and still getting charged. I decided to call the company to check on my order but never could reach a representative. Instead I always got a automatic message which first told me that my order was placed on back order. After 4 weeks of waiting I called back and the automatics message system told me that they showed no order from me. Thankfully they had not charged my card yet, so I raced to my bank to close out my check card in which I had used to order this product. I was surprised that when I went to my local bank to close out the card, I was told that they had, had to close out many accounts for this same reason concerning this same company.

I'm convinced that this company is nothing more than a BIG SCAM. I'm just glad that they didn't get to scam me. I got them before they got me. Please do your research before you order anything off of t.v. infermercials. Not all of them are scams, but unfortunately this one is.

Mz. v.

• Ka
                        katie anne kane Jul 24, 2013

I still have not received my second product! :( The first time I ordered it the product was never even sent it !!! then when I called they did send me out another package but billed me for it!!!
                        now I'm waiting for my SECOND order which I have already been billed for a month ago and have yet to rcv. it. I'm agree also because now the 3 month supply I ordered I see online for 10.00 dollars cheaper and OFFERS EXTRAS!! I'm not made of money, I live day to day on a Disability check and I'm really disappointed. The product itself seems to work ok but I wouldn't call it a MIRACLE cream. I feel like they are just taking my money and not holding up to there end of the bargain... disappointed customer and still waiting on my order.

Meaningful Beauty — hated it!!!

I ordered online after seeing their commerical(like everyone)then did some research on the product. I found a...

Meaningful Beautyno customer service

I was on hold for over five minutes after calling their customer service number to cancel a standing order, never did get to talk to anyone.

Also, the bottles were easily broken in shipment and the product is not the quality I expected.

The night cream smells rancid and causes my skin to sting and become red and itchy.

I have tried the online customer service, but, have not had any response yet.

I would advise women not to fall for this scam, and do not give them your credit card number.

Could someone get a response from Cindy Crawford herself on this terrible company?

Mad queen Jun 02, 2015

I have been trying to login to my account, customer service, and catalog ordering with no help just the page being redirected to a reload page which will not reload!!! I have tryed calling with no one answering, how does this company work??? Has she made all the money she needs or what?? I was going to order now am trying to cancelled and can't even do that!! I will not recommend this product to anyone!!!

Meaningful Beautymore like meaningful ripoff

In November 2010 I purchased the 30 day trial starter kit of Meaningful Beauty products to try out. I used the product for 2 weeks but did not feel that it lived up to all the hype so I returned the 30 day kit which I paid $39.95 via USPS and paid for delivery confirmation. Their “policy” is, if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, just return the containers within 60 days of receipt and you'll get a full refund of the purchase price (minus shipping and handling costs). I also called them on 12/26/10 and told them I did NOT want anymore shipments and the customer “service” lady told me I “she took care of it” and I “wouldn’t be charged anything else.” Four days later, I receive another box of Meaningful Beauty products which I refused. I marked on the package “REFUSED – ACCOUNT CLOSED – DID NOT ORDER” and promptly put it back in my mailbox on 12/31/2010.

A charge was then placed on my AMEX Blue credit card of for which I do not possess any of their products!

I called Meaningful Beauty on 3/3 to request my refund on all my money but the not so helpful and rather rude customer service person (named Jeremy, Employee ID 2231265) told me they never got the shipment returned to them and that he had not intensions of refunding my money.

After researching more about Meaningful Beauty, I discovered that this “situation” is a common practice for them. Over and over they “claim” to have “never received” the returned shipment. This is consumer FRAUD and I wish file a formal complaint for the $173.78 that was charged to my credit card.

cherokeesioux Sep 12, 2012

On 8/10/12 I ordered MEANINGFUL BEAUTY. The company sent me the product as well as Wen by Chaz Dean & Meaningful Beauty vitamins which I did not order. the total of $59.59 was charged to my credit card. I experienced a family emergency so I returned the packages unopened marked RETURN TO SENDER giving them to the postman the next day. I called the company explaining situation also telling them to cancel my account & the date packages were returned. The money should have been credited to card but checking account weekly finding NO refund.. It is now 3 1/2 weeks later when I called them asking about refund I was told the packages have not been received as of yet. I have filed a complaint with the Post Office and Guthy Renker to investigate what is going on. On 9/12/12 I checked my bank account again only to find charges of $38.94 by Wen and $32.94 for the Meaningful Beauty vitamins.I called the company again only to be told packages have not been received to date. The Company refuses to issue a refund till packages are received by them. If not found the third payments will be deducted from my account automatically.

Meaningful Beautybilling after cancelling

All they do is lie to get your money. Your first shipment comes with a 90-day supply even though they tell you that you are getting a 30-day sample kit. The invoice very clearly states that you will be billed 3 times for your first shipment. Even though Customer Service lied, I figured I would just use the products but cancel any further shipments. For the last 2 months, I've had payments taken directly from my checking account even though I CANCELLED!!! Now I'm having to open a new checking account and moving all of my transactions to a credit union because of this ridiculous set up. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS, YOU'LL NEVER GET THEM TO STOP BILLING YOU!

Linda Collins, Phoenix, AZ

Meaningful Beautycancelled order

In july of 2009 i saw an informercial for meaningful beauty and I oredered it, I am a single Mom and decided I could not afford this so I spoke with a lady who told me she would keep my account on an open status for 6mths so if I awanted to come back I could get the (promo price).I heard nothing else. In Feb, 2010 I moved due to 2 family emergencies. On April 21st 2010 I called (MB) customer service and I spoke with a young man because I had recieved a bill from your company for $106.00 I told the man that I didn't recieve this nor did I order it (i cancelled in 2009) so I was not going to pay. He told me that he would do a return and I would not recieve any more bills...In February of 2011 I recieved a bill from your collection agency saying that I owe $106.00 and so I have been in contact with (MB) and have been told several different things . I do not owe this money to you and its on my credit report .And I cant get in touch with anyone including but not limited to (Cindy Crawford, OPrah Winfrey), 7 on your side and the BBB have been contacted because this is terrible that me (the little fish) has to fight like mad to get this all cleared up . I might add that 1 of your many reps I have spoken with told me that someone from billing would get back to me and they would straighten all of this up... None of this has happened ...In good faith I trusted you as a company!!! I will keep on until someone sees my story and helps me take care of this matter..I was told that my account was not closed out correctly and this should have never went to collections and my account balance should have been ZERO .. This is your fault (MB) I am very disappointed in you as a company and I would never promote your company I would urge people to be very carefull and really think about !!!. I was told today 3.21.2011 that since its in collections I would have to take it up with the agency... How fair is that, Who does that to people and Why? How can Cindy Crawford promote her product and how does (MB) get away with treating people in this manner ? Does Cindy Crawford really care about the little people like me or.Does she care how I am treated by the people who work for her? This is an injustice ...

Sandra104 Dec 22, 2011

I, too, w sucked in by the I-want-to-look-like-Cindy-Crawford gimmick. Here is what I found: only the first shipment is sent at $39.95 and $5 shipping. Consider it a "trial" shipment. If you don't cancel, the second, and subsequent shipments, are 90 DAY SUPPLY KITS, SHIPPED AT A COST OF $139.95 and $10 shipping. This is blatantly undisclosed. So when you get this second shipment (which by the way appears to have the same qty of product in it as the "trial shipment, " for this one box you will be charged THREE TIMES at about $57 each time.
                                You CANNOT use the "return to sender" method as there is no way to track the company's receipt of the product. This way they can say they never received it and you will never be credited. You will only be credited if you send the package so you have DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. Then you will likely have to keep phoning until you see the credit (less the shipping).
                                What I see here are a lot of small things (e.g. no hours of customer service shown on the website so you have to call and call until you finally get an answer; no cancellation information on website - you have to phone) that add up to very shady business practices. The fact that the shipments are of a different size (purportedly) and hence a different cost makes the procedure complex and easier for people to misunderstand. Companies like this make their money from misunderstandings, not from product quality.