Menu

complaints

Meaningful Beauty Complaints Summary

58 Resolved
81 Unresolved
Our verdict: Dealing with Meaningful Beauty, which has an average resolution rate, requires some diligence. Research their service in depth and read a variety of customer reviews for a balanced view. Approach any customer service interactions with detailed and well-prepared queries to facilitate a better resolution process.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Meaningful Beauty has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Meaningful Beauty. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Meaningful Beauty complaints 139

Sort by:

Newest Meaningful Beauty complaints

J
2:58 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Meaningful Beauty Not following my request.

I told the girl at the beginning that if they were going to automatically send more products... Just cancel this order. She didn't and sent another order automatically. I refused it and it was returned. They did give me my money back for the product, but charged me for shipping and handling. I requested my money back for the shipping, but they just hung up on me. I would have continued purchasing a couple of the products, but I found no use for the others. I think their customer service is useless and not helpful. I will never have anything more to do with a company with this kind of service.

Claimed loss: $10.00

Desired outcome: My money back for the shipping

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Meaningful Beauty representatives only. If you are affiliated with Meaningful Beauty, please claim your business to access these details.

6:58 am EDT

Meaningful Beauty Unauthorized credit card charges

I was charged $53.63 and $80.48 on my credit card, I didn't authorize these payments. There product is too harsh for my skin. I tried to get these charges taken off with no response. These charges were made to my credit card on )ct. 22nd. My name is Tina Seuser. PO Box 373, Hayward MN 56043 This company also has the worst customer service. When I called about this they were very rude to me. Then when I said I wanted my money back for these, their answer was okay and that's it. They didn't ask anything else. I said that I was unhappy. There only answer was mocking tone of bye!. I've never felt so dismissed by a customer service representative in my life. I feel like I would never buy anything from this company again based on their treatment of people alone. I really did feel shocked and hurt by the way I was treated.

Desired outcome: Refund of $53.63 and $80.48

A
4:03 pm EDT

Meaningful Beauty Subscription service

In June 2023 I ordered an introductory try of your products. On July 11th I received them with notification that you enrollment me in a subscriptions plan. I called that day to tell you to cancel any subscriptions and to never charge my credit card again, only to receive product and charges on Sept 7th with notification that you would continue charging my card. When I called back the customer service people said I never asked to be un-enrolled but that I changed my delivery date. Total lies. I have filed a claim against this company with my visa, I've returned the products, and I have again made note in my return that they are to cancel any subscriptions they signed me up for. This company is unethical and a fraud.

Desired outcome: Never sign people up for subscriptions and charge their cards with out specific consent.

Hide full review

Is Meaningful Beauty legit?

Our verdict: Meaningful Beauty earns high praise from Complaints Board, distinguished as a company with a robust reputation for trustworthiness and reliability. Despite the possibility of occasional service issues, Meaningful Beauty's overall track record speaks to its legitimacy and reliability as a service provider. Engaging with Meaningful Beauty can be done with confidence, though maintaining a level of caution.

Meaningful Beauty earns 89% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: Meaningful Beauty near-perfect at 89% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Meaningful Beauty. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Meaningful Beauty has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

The age of Meaningful Beauty's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Meaningfulbeauty.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Meaningful Beauty website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Meaningfulbeauty.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Meaningful Beauty and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Meaningfulbeauty.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Meaningful Beauty protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Meaningful Beauty. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
D
6:43 am EDT

Meaningful Beauty unauthorized billing

First of all, let me just say that I actually like this product and I thought that my experience with meaningful beauty would be different than others, UNFORTUNATELY NOT! They withdrew a payment out of my account, that I had no prior knowledge of. Over drawn account... thanks meaningful beauty. I would have put cash in my account had I known you were going to deceivingly take my money. I received an email when I placed my original order last month but can't get an email saying you were going to take my money that I gave no authorization for. I don't even have an online account with this company but somehow have a recurring payment THAT I NEVER AUTHORIZED. I never set an account up because I didn't know if I would like the product. UNBELIEVABLE!

Also, the product that I received was half the size of what it should have been.

Desired outcome: I want my money back, I don't want your product and I want for you cancel EVERYTHING.

11:49 am EDT

Meaningful Beauty Liars

This company is horrible. They are the worst of the worst. They make it impossible to contact them, no emails, they SUCK. I purchased products in early February, canceled my subscription immediately, returned the products in April, and requested my refund of $74.96, within the 60-day time frame, I've also sent my shipping receipt. They will not return my money or even respond to my requests. This is a truly horrible company, deceptive in all correspondence. I can't believe they are still in business. I want my money back. I will be contacting BBB, YELP, and my congressman to report their illegal activity.

Desired outcome: I want my refund

S
9:18 am EDT

Meaningful Beauty Meaningful beauty

I have been paying my monthly subscription fees though having to call in each time so that they will ship my order which is now over a month late. Last call in and payment made august 12 2023. I was supposed to get my next order august 5, it was late so I called and they said my card wouldn’t work and it was my banks fault. I have no issues with my card anywhere else. Now it’s end of august and still waiting for my order. Online it keeps pushing back the date. I have been paying $80 a month and have yet to get my order.

Desired outcome: I want all my money credited back and cancel altogether or send me my order overnight. This is ridiculous.

V
5:22 pm EDT

Meaningful Beauty All products and customer service representatives

The representative entered a dishonest subscription wthout my consent. There for they charged me 3 installments of $66.10 that was charged to my visa. The TV advertisement was dishonest. I ended up paying $198 plus 2 66.10 and disputed the 3rd 66.10. You have to be careful and when I said no not intrested in the subscription they still entered it. I should have 0 balance and cancelled my membership. I just wanted to try the products not commit to a 3-6 month supply?

Gladys Moran

Desired outcome: Representatives dishonest.

J
3:15 am EDT

Meaningful Beauty Customer service

On March 19, 2023 after a long day of taking care of my mom who was sick with cancer, I seen the commercial for Meaningful Beauty. They were offering a introductory offer of $49.95. I was feeling so tired and drained and certainly not looking the best so I thought maybe this will help me something for me right now. So I called the 800 number and told the gentleman I would like to order the introductory offer only! He was so confusing and he was confused I just kept telling him I only wanted the special. With that being said I received the product. Being so busy with my mom and dad I didnt even look at it until now! Seems the young man gave me a 90 day trail. Icalled customer service this morning to rectify spoke to Tiffany she said they couldnt do anything and transferred me to Violet the supervisor we said hello and she hung up on me. I am a sales supervisor and I would have never treated a customer like I was treated...I just want a refund of $100. I should have known from the start with the customer service I received at first to just not order from this company.

Desired outcome: I would like a refund of $100 and much appreciate a response

4:47 pm EDT

Meaningful Beauty Billing

I have been trying to get through to the corporate office to no avail. Robots answer and the overseas "customer service" is hard to understand. I asked for an email that would explain the charges. I have called twice and they tell me to check my spam, and they have also asked for another email so that they can send to that email. I have had charges on my credit card from unauthorized dealers and now suspect that these people are either selling our credit card numbers or are directly involved in the scam. I have changed my credit card twice now, and I am on my third one. I have been very satisfied with the product and have used it for years. However, the billing process in now a concern for me. I have asked for a one time charge on my credit card and they keep sending me the split charge when I have specifically asked them to not do it.

The product for me is not the problem, it is these people from overseas whom I suspect that some of the agents are not honest. l wonder if Cindy Crawford even knows that these problems are even occurring?

I will be writing to the corporate office in CA. None of the US numbers work, the calls are always looped back to these people. Who is monitoring these people?

Desired outcome: Clear communication with US English speaking agent.

L
3:42 pm EDT

Meaningful Beauty Scalp treatment & hair styling protective spray

4/24/2023 I wanted to try the scalp treatment so I ordered the $39.95 deal that gave me 4 items plus a free gift hair brush. After opening, prepping the pump tops and discarding everything I discovered the scalp treatment & protective spray were put into the wrong containers. The bottle that was a hair spray was as thick as a conditioner because it's likely the scalp treatment. The scalp treatment (if that is what it is) was a liquid likely to be the hair spray. Needless to say. to switch the pump lids is definitely a waste of scalp treatment as it would have to be cleaned off to use with the hair spray. I am so annoyed when products are expensive. I have no desire to contend with the challenge and shipping cost to return this and start over. It is especially disappointing because I had planned to order the five or seven skin care products, however my desire to do so has diminished. Ugh! By the way including photos in this situation proves nothing as you cannot see what is inside the containers.

Desired outcome: Of course I would want and expect a return, but as I said I am not willing to hassle with returning these two opened unused products. Please do not bother with just an apology I am sure you are sorry but that does me no good.

M
7:37 am EDT

Meaningful Beauty The entire product line is a sham

I purchased this product 2 months ago, I did not receive the product sizes shown in the commercial I received sample sizes, 2 of the products had defective pumps that did not disperse the product. The product was also old, you could not smell the melon extract in anything i.e melon serum, Night cream. The dark spot treatment irritated my skin terribly. I was also missing 1 product. When I called customer service and told them I would send back the entire product for a replacement they refused and just replaced the product that was defective. I was a certified sales manager for Origins I know the difference in quality skin care

Desired outcome: I did not receive what I paid for Cindy Crawford should be ashamed to put her face and seal of approval on this product.

B
4:13 pm EDT

Meaningful Beauty Cancelled unwanted subscription

I originally ordered the introductory products ($64.76) as a gift for a friend. I did not realize that it was a subscription. I called and customer service cancelled the subscription. I received a confirmation email that the subscription had been cancelled and was told that a credit would be made to my card once they received the return products. I returned the product March 7. 2023 and tracking shows it delivered March 11, 2023. I was billed an additional $92.53 March 1, 2023 and another $91.33 March 30, 2023. No credit has been issued as promised. By the many complaints this company has received, it appears to be a scam and should be shut down. I don't expect I will ever see credit for the product I returned and will block any efforts by the company to charge my card in the future.

Desired outcome: Credit my account $183.86. And send a confirmation that any further transactions will not be processed on my account.

S
7:37 pm EDT

Meaningful Beauty Tried to cancel

I tried to cancel. Website says you can cancel at anytime but I just had to go through this long chat with pressure to not cancel. I said I did not know I had made a commitment for a subscription and I wanted to cancel. I need to say I want to cancel at least a dozen times before I pulled the I will return items for money back if they didn't cancel right now.

If the product is so good it should stand on its own and not a subscription, with the pressure.

Desired outcome: I was able to finally cancel I screen shot the conversation so a charge better not show up.

K
1:19 pm EST

Meaningful Beauty website

It says you can cancel your subscription by using the "live chat" link, but the live chat link DOES NOT WORK. I do not want to call the company because they just try to talk and talk you out of cancelling and make you various offers. This is disingenuous. If MB wants to be a reputable company, they should make it easy to cancel a subscription if a customer wants to.

Desired outcome: Fix the Live Chat option on the website. Even better, make it easier to cancel your subscription through a simple click, perhaps within your personal account.

K
1:11 pm EST

Meaningful Beauty Order

This company needs to be shut down.

Ordered product prepaid 88.00 each time. Tried to cancel service 7 times through customer service and letters. Was told each time they would take care of it. Received bill for $298.00, how can I be billed for something that I already prepaid for before it shipped. 3 times I received the product, 3 times I prepaid. When I stopped my card so I wouldn't get charged again as customer service wasn't doing their job I got billed for something they didn't even ship. Now I am sent to collections. I will not pay this. I already filed with the bbb and attorney General. This company is a scam. They should be ashamed and that Cindy Crowford should feel guilty and ashamed to have her brand name being used by this Horrible company.

R
6:23 am EST

Meaningful Beauty The meaningful beauty products

Hi my name is Rose Murphy and I had canceled my subscription last year and you all is still taking money out of my account I want you to put my money back in my account and really cancel my subscription please and thank you or I would get my attorney involved if it's not returned. My subscription I had canceled was sometimes in November or December of last year. It says that I can cancel anytime and that's what I did and you're still taking money from my account that's not cool I would appreciate it back.thank you

C
4:32 pm EST

Meaningful Beauty Beauty bundle for christmas gift

I want the product bundle I ordered at 10:39am on December 23, 2022 with a Confirmation Number of: DWMTA026149C. (See Attached)
It was a Christmas Gift that never arrived and then I stayed on the phone with the call center at [protected] for 36 minutes (See Attached) kindly waiting - to only to be hung up on when I finally made it to a "supervisor" - who said, "let me take your order" - click.

Desired outcome: I want what I ordered which no longer listed on the website - (See Attached)

L
1:26 pm EST

Meaningful Beauty 5 piece 90 day mb7 mt2a3374

I did not order this. I sent it back and told them to refund my payments and stop sending me bills for things that I did not receive. They keep sending bills and threatening to ruin my credit rating. I received a "PAST DUE NOTICE" dated 12/02/2002 for $57.27 customer number 7250759 order number [protected], signed by Kim Cochran. It appears that this a rip off of Cindy Crawford. Their address is Box 2017 Harlan Iowa while CC is in California. Like many other complaints I bit on an "introductory offer" that now is a constant number of shipments that I never ordered. I am elderly and honest and expect these companies to be honest also. Unfortunately they prey on the elderly and cause us stress that we do not want. I never want to deal with or hear about Meaningful Beauty again.

Desired outcome: Stop harassing and threatening to ruin my credit rating. Stop sending things that I do not order or want. Refund my payments for things that I returned, according to your published guarantee.

C
7:36 am EST

Meaningful Beauty Misleading

Ordered the products. Woke up and the tv was on. Thought sure I could actually afford this. No where on the commercial did it say they were smaller size. Go online, pay, get an email that small at the bottom talks about club benefits. Turns out by buying what I thought was the actual stuff all I did was sign myself up for a club so I could buy more.

What’s worse is the website doesn’t even really explain the “club”. It says one time payment of 200 and some dollars or 3 payments of 49. Something just doesn’t add up. I will be canceling.

Desired outcome: I would like to see clarity in advertising. I will be seeking a refund as well.

A
3:37 am EST

Meaningful Beauty My refund

After 3 attempts getting me my products finally after I called and gave my address finding out the first 2 shipments were sent to someone else because the person who took my info. spoke and understood very little English. I based my understanding of how things were supposed to go and cost on the commercial that stated I would get all the products advertized for only 49.00 and if I wasnt happy I could return the products and get a refund. Well I was sent a bill for 108.00 two weeks after I got my shipment. Somehow others got my creditcard info. And attempted to charge my card for their own oeoducts. I had to close that account and start a new one. which saved me from gour company charging the unauthorised 108.00 to my account. I paid 13.00 to return the products for my refund as your commercial guarantees me Ive waited three months for my refund and wonder if your company is going to honor their guarantee or what? would appreciate a response asap as I have been very patient with your company and the commercial that contradicts the bill I got saying I owe 108.00 ore than the 49.00 it mire than assures me I get all the products I got for only 49.00. Are u going to keep my 49.00 after I sent back the products dealt with having to fight false charges starting bew account and paying 13.00 to send back the products. Id really like to get a response. My email is [protected]@gmail.com my phone number is [protected] address is 21205 se 286th Pl. Sp#8 Kent Wa 98042. Truly Antonett Stewart

Desired outcome: Refund

Overview of Meaningful Beauty customer experience

Meaningful Beauty, a skincare brand endorsed by Cindy Crawford, has received numerous complaints from dissatisfied customers. Many have reported issues with the company's billing practices, including unauthorized charges and difficulty canceling subscriptions. Others have expressed disappointment with the effectiveness of the products, claiming they did not see any noticeable improvements in their skin. Some customers have also reported receiving damaged or expired products. Overall, Meaningful Beauty has a poor reputation among consumers, with many warning others to avoid the brand.