The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved McAfee — allows malware charge to remove
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
from dispute letter to McAfee
A renewed subscription of McAfee Total Protection plus the SiteAdvisor was installed 27January2010. All protection was activated. Total Protection plus the SiteAdvisor is an implied guarantee that the customer is protected from all malware if the product is activated and the customer only opens McAfee designated safe sites.
On 17March2010, I clicked on a map site that displayed McAfee's safe site icon. Both Total Protection and the SiteAdvisor failed to provide the protection from malware that I paid McAfee to provide. McAfee's Total Protection allowed malware (cleanup antivirus) to infect my computer.
I was then told by, first, a chat tech and then a supervisor that, even though McAfee's Total Protection and SiteAdvisor had failed, I would have to pay $8.95 to have a tech clean the malware from my computer.
When the e-mail charge arrives, the charge is not $8.95 but an outrageous $89.95. The charge was neither clearly stated verbally or written in the chat message. First the customer pays for McAfee's Total Protection and then they expect you to pay McAfee again because the Total Protection did not protect as advertised.
More McAfee Complaints & Reviews
- McAfee - scam billing
- Dri*McAfee Soft, Orderfind.Com - mcafee viruus protection
- AT&T & Mcafee Pc Health Scan - hidden trojan virus
- Mcafee Srcurity And iYogi Tech Support - h support scam
- McAfee Anti - Viral Software / Virus Removal Service - complete rip-off
- McAfee - mcafee internet security
- McAfee - cashback not received
- McAfee - taking money from my account a month before subscription expires
- Mcafee, LLC - application: safe connect wifi hotspot vpn
- McAfee - autorenewal of antivirus software