Mavis Discount Tirecorrupt business

J Review updated:

I purchased a hyundai sonata about 2 1/2 years ago. I have never had anyone at the dealership tell me anything serious, or try to con me into buying anything. I had a slight leak in my front left tire (driver side). I took it to Mavis Discount Tire Center on Larkfield Road in East Northport. The guy told me that I needed a new tire b/c the nail was close to the side. This was not a tear and two other guys from other dealerships told me they could plug it. I took it to Walmart and got it plugged. The nail was the size of half of a thumbtack. The guys at Mavis are extremely corrupt and I would never buy their crappy tires that they tried to sell me. I called the guy and told him about the tire and he said that the other mechanics weren't doing me any favors b/c it would likely tear. I have 25, 000 miles on my car and I would rather get a few more thousand miles out of the tire if I could. The hell with Mavis. I'm not just going to throw it away and get a new tire when I can get more mileage out of it in the meantime while it is plugged.

• Cu
    CustomerServiceDept Nov 06, 2009

So sounds like we will see you siting on the side of the road changing your flat tire because you chose not to get a new one

• Lu
    lucanweb Jan 11, 2010

This Mavis Tire in East Northport is pathetic. I went in there for two rear tires and they told me it would be about an hour. I went to the pizza place next door for lunch and came back and they had the car up on a lift trying to upsell me everything from brakes to alignments. They had even taken the front wheels off and had the hood open. No reason for them to have taken this all apart to put rear tires on the vehicle. Then I had to wait around for them to put everything back together. Do not support this company/business. They are terrible.

Joseph Forte Aug 01, 2017

Had the same experiences at Yonkers Ny mavis. They are not to be trusted.

• Us
    User11111111111 Oct 11, 2017

My muffler was getting loud, on my 2009 Toyota Tacoma so I stopped In to Mavis in Auburn NY. to check out where the noise was coming from. There assistant manager comes out and tells me that I need both manifolds. Both catalytic converter, and o2 sensors. $2600.00 worth of parts and labor. Needless to say I took it to Midas, the manager there tells me that the muffler has a hole on it the size of a quarter. $260.00 later I was on my way. Then when I went back to confront the assistant manager he didnt want to hear it. He insisted that the leak was coming from the manifolds. Totally trying to to rip me off!!

malibu mike Aug 11, 2020

i have a 1979 malibu zz4 super t10i want to get a insp that failed me for a crack and it feel off hose i can understand failing for it i had been there before and throat the counter guy was nice i am a gm diagnostic teck for 35 yrs i am a gearhead and he know it he tells me it fails for the hose but when the insp tell me besides the hose i have bad o2 sensors that is casing the cumper not to work right and for $100 for diagnostic time he leaves and say you got to be kidding he says no he is a inspector in pa and if he says it has a computer and o2 sensors it has when he tells me i have to get the $100 in diagnostic work done before the car can be insp aegan i go lived and told them [censored] you there's no way there is a computer in my car i am going to fix the house

malibu mike Aug 11, 2020

I am sorry I am a bad speller I come from the mugs mahoney school of grammar it is hose not house it was the mavis tire at 1519 sullivan trail easton pa if ray charles was alive he could see the mavis at 1519 sullivan trail easton are a bunch of crooks and he was blind