Mavis Discount Tirebrake job

L

6/21/2017

A pin on a rear brake jammed and started squeeking and pouring out brake dust. The pin also put a grove in my rotor. I took it to the Mavis on South Ave, in Westfield, NJ. I was told the rotor could not be cut because rotors are made very thin these days. So I said, in that case replace both rotors and the pads on both sides. Grease the calipers.

Then I began to notice a shudder from the front end. Most likely because of a warped rotor. So I took it back to Mavis and had them replace the front rotors and pads. However, the shudder from the front end was still there. So I took it again to Mavis. After waiting, the mechanic took me into the bay to see what was being done. I still don't know what was done because they had all 4 wheels off the car and I could see the build up of rust and dirt showing NONE of the rotors had been replaced.

They tell me they'll fix it. So they say the car is done and I take it home. A few days later I look through my alloy wheel at the rear rotors. They are new and shiny. So I look at the front rotors. They're the same old rusty rotors I started out with.

So I went back back and the owner told me the front rotors had been replaced. I said go look at them. He wouldn't look at them but insisted they were new. So I told the front desk man to go look at my front rotors. He wanted no part of it and vanished into the back.

In my case at least, it's fair to say these people are liars and thieves. Maybe I was treated this way because I'm Hispanic. But in any case the people at this Mavis will rob you blind if you let them. I fought hard to stop them robbing me and still got stuck with my old front rotors when I had paid full price for new ones.

Don't say you weren't warned.