Match.com Subscriptionautomatic billing / overcharging

I signed up (or resigned up for a brief subscription) and made sure my automatic billing (which has very limited options to remove your credit card numbers or set an end date on your subscription) was turned off. At some point, it was magically turned on. When I finally notice this on my account (credit card, as I did not use the service) I went through the web of entanglement I call customer service. I would finally get a response and a phone number. I was credit for one overcharge, but not the second. I had to cancel my credit card to ensure they do not choose to bill me at their will, not mine. They stand on the additional monthly charge and will not credit me. I am furious as I have discussed this with several friends and we get the same story. Somehow, we are the culprits of it being turned on - when we know automatic renewal was turned off. I believe this is Fraud, and interstate fraud. I am confident on my settings and confident I did not make a mistake. I know this is going on and I would like to hear if others are experiencing this. Perhaps their will be a class action lawsuit. They seem to have an excuse and a good story, but the bottom line... the argument starts with whether or not it was ON (automatic renewal) or OFF. I suspect they turn it ON at somepoint, but again... I think that constitutes FRAUD. If I sign up for any such services (or automatic renewals), I will use a temporary credit card (i.e., stored value card) and only load it with as much money as i am willing to spend. I also think credit cards should be put on alert for such fraudulent charges, or types of activity.

Christy2000 Aug 22, 2017

The phone number I called to report my false charge is [protected]. In April I purchased three months as a birthday gift for my friend. I did not know if she wanted to continue so I turned off the auto renewal. Well I just got another charge for $59.97. I called the customer " no" service number above. First I spoke to a rep and she said although it was my credit card she could not help because it was in my friend's name. She said she could not put us on a three way call. Must be to technical for company. I asked several times to speak to a manager and was told there was none...what??? She actually hung up on me. I called back, got another rep. This time I called as my friend, since the first person said that's who she needed to talk too. He told me he needed to talk to the card holder. Again I asked several times for a manager, I guess they do not exist. Again unable to receive any help. I'm sure there are more people like us. I will continue my research and see what can be done! If nothing else we can tell every possible outlet about our own stories with match. Social media rules!

• Mi
    Ming Rachael Adler Jun 02, 2015

I am furious at Match for the on going charges on my bank account since 2012 !!! I only noticed the charges when I started doing on line banking. I called customer service to voice my complaint and for them to remove my card charges. Which they did and gave me a refund for 1 month of 35.99 out of being charged for over 3 years, I am floored at Match and want to take legal action to stop ripping off customers who have already cancelled accounts.
    Any one wants to jump on the Band Wagon, let join forces to bring legal action.
    Who ever has legal experience or ideas on how fight this company, please contact me.

Ms. Ming Rachael Adler
    [email protected]

• Sh
    Shree1185 Dec 04, 2012

I stumbled across this website just yesterday, and created my profile. And just minutes ago I signed up when I saw that for 6 months they charge some $5. But in fact, they charged me $35. I've been ripped off and this is extremely unfair. I just unsubscribed but did not get a refund or anything. I could not find a phone number there to call them up and ask for a refund. Is there any way I can file a lawsuit and get my refund? I am from India so I don't know how to go about this. Can someone help?