Complaints & Reviews

fraud and scam

When they say you can cancel your account, you're not really canceling, they inactivate your account and cancel the ability to renew. You can reach them easily and when you do they laugh at you. What kind of customer services is that. ALSO, they keep your credit card information on file and don't delete it.

marie wright Feb 18, 2010

Not only does MATCH.com keep your credit card on file, but if you change your credit card number they follow you to the new number and keep on charging you. They billed my card after a 1-month trial without my permission and now I cannot get rid of them and will have to cancel my card, as changing the number is won't get rid of SNATCH.COM. They SNATCH your MONEY! And run. You cannot reach them by phone. I could not reach them until I started a charge-back with my bank, and then they hooked me up to a Bimbo who mostly said "what . . . what . . . what" over and over . . . BEWARE of MATCH.Com.

annagal Jul 13, 2010

I got scammed out of $1, 200 from a person listed on match.com. He's listed as ActionAble...says he's living in Boston, but truth, he's in Nigeria. Boy did I fall for it.

• Go
    Golde May 18, 2011

BIG SCAM!!! I was online about 1 hour when I noticed I was getting numerous "WINKS" Being new to this, I answered a couple of them and automatically was asked to switch over to Yahoo IM to talk. The first guy was quoting poems, romantic novels etc...boring... so I talked to the other one, same thing, he wanted me to switch to IM. We chatted about 15 mins. The next day I got online and guy #2 immediately IM'd me saying, "HELP, I need your help" When I asked what, he said I need $800 for my son. I told him to find some other sucker to scam. He told me he was going to "kill" me. I was angry at first then it frightened me so I told him I was a male police officer. I emailed Yahoo and sent them text from the IM. They told me to alert law enforcement and to CANCEL my match.com subscription. I called match and they said they would take my profile off immediately. When I went in to check the site, I found that they only "hid" my profile??? and they are not going to refund my money. This site is ridiculous with all of the scams and they are only concerned with $$$$, not the safety of their subscribers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$$ BEWARE LADIES... of men that always are from the US, but are working out of the country. Also, I noticed that when I read bios, some of them had the same statements/words!!! Not sure what's going on, but please protect yourself and be smart!

overcharged!

As yet another of victim of match.com's disgusting business practices. To all who sign be warned. They will...

unauthorized billing

Match.com renewed my membership without any notice of the pending expiration date of my original...

marketng me without my consent

A friend told me to google potential dates' usernames -- she did that and found a guy on a bunch of swinger sites. Just for fun, I googled my own Match username, and found myself on page after page of Singles webpages, all with the Match.com logo, in all different towns in Texas that I'd never been to or even heard of. They all said "------ (me) is single in Austin! Online now! (even when I was not signed in) or (Active within one hour!" I was horrified, and wrote them to ask what this was about. They made me look like an online queen, putting myself out there in every town from Dallas to El Paso.

They have still never responded and refuse to remove me. I did some digging into their site, and I now think this was done in conjunction with their concept of "Communities" -- they lump people into a "Community" (Seniors, Single Parents, CHristian, etc) and market you on these separate web pages, but they don't ask you if you want to be on it, and they don't tell you.

I feel like bait. I googled the username of the homeliest women on the pages, and got "No Result." Same for the men. But anyone who is better-looking is used as bait in as many towns as those ###s can think of. I have written to them hundreds of times and they have never replied. Once when I mentioned the word "lawyer," they removed me for a short time, but now I am back on those pages, and on new and different towns I've also never heard of and will never visit. THe men in those towns will never meet me, I can tell ya.

I am furious.

charles d alvey Jul 14, 2008

i am also angry, i will call a lawyer! because i had cancelled 5 months ago and the still post me in their listings::: my identy SHOULD have been removed!!!

• Ca
    carlos Nov 30, 2008

Match.com is not marketing you. Once you put any type of information about yourself on the internet, whether you are on match.com or not it can be accessed by anyone who knows any thing about you. Also, match.com doesn't put you on website communities, if you visit other sister sites such as Chemistry then you are putting yourself out there. Furthermore, there is nothing a lawyer could do for you in a situation like this because you agreed to their Terms of use.

• Ai
    aithne123 Jan 30, 2011

I know exactly how you feel. Somehow i got used in marketing to and don't know how to get my username off. upsettingly enough it markets me in a town i just moved to and in a city i use to live in! this is upsetting and embaressing. :/ I'll get in trouble with my significant other and I don't know how to get them to not have me on there. So now i'm changing my email acounts on social networks so i can just drop the username which is the same as my email name :(. If you find out please post so others can be saved being upset like this.

promiscuous sharing of information with chemistry.com!

Match.com allows its sister company chemistry.com to post on its website as if it were a service of Match.com. Having taken a look at the chenistry.com offer at any visit, one begins to received membership offers from both companies using the logon and password that was used to trial with match.com. It is a sort of dishonest bait ans switch, and an unwelcome and unwanted way to pretend to be the same company. Chemistry.com refuses to give a refund, saying they are a different company. Chemistry.com promised a partial refund "as a courtesy" then never provided it. If they cannot make it without stealing it from their would be customers, they should go out of business. Match.com is at fault for colluding in the fakery.

• Ka
    Karen White Dec 11, 2007

I have contacted regarding a hacker & no action was taken. I would like a refund, but with no expectations of receiving one. What a rip off.

• Ca
    carlos Jun 01, 2008

Wow ok, another dumbass. On match.com there is a link that says "Let Match.com introduce you to Chemistry". When you click that link. it goes to chemistry.com with same username and pw as match.com. Then it asks if you wanna transfer your profile over, then you answer the personality survey. (wow hard not to notice all that, but wait theres more to do) In order to become a subscriber to chemistry, you would have to imput your credit card number and pick a subscription plan. So even if you had a subscription already to match.com, and thought it was the same, why would you put your credit card number in twice. Duh, you were signing up to a different website. Pay more attention and maybe you wouldnt have to complain about something just so you dont feel like a stupid ###.

6mo guarantee is a rip off!

I joined match.com to find my last true love, i joined for 6months, with a 6mo guarantee. After my 6month...

unethical business practices

This website has significant issues including but not limited to; unauthorized sharing of secured information such as personal email address, unstable database &/or interface, poor or non-existent tech support, dishonest customer service, poor load times for pages, inconsistent views, dysfunctional features such as favorites, blocking other member, and visibility or invisibility of profile. Most insulting of all, they accept advertising and member fees, and offer absolutely no ability to acquire a refund. Don't waste money or time with this website.

• Cl
    Clare Smyth Jan 29, 2008

I agree! They have a total lack of customer service I used the email option and called in to no avail..in the meantime my membership expired and I never solved the problem (could not get winks) and I never received any credit for the time during my subscription that my page was not functioning.

I've sent mutliple messages, and now match automatically deletes my messages, I know because I setup an response to my email so I could see if they read the messages...no my suspicions were confirmed, they just automatically delte them.

• Za
    Zakhele Gumede Mar 29, 2008

Match.com terminated my account after I expressed wish not to be billed for the next session. Upon complaint they replied that the account was frozen for private reasons which they could not disclose unless I directed a valid subpoena to Match.com, LLC.

• Es
    Estela Jan 09, 2009

I totally agree!
    Very unethical business practices. They only want you're money, that's their only concern. You are not a concern at all.

If you want to be visible there's only ONE way, by paying the fee, so what's the use of that free registration?... that people exist... everybody knows that! just go out and look! or look in the internet in better places than match.com

It's not difficult to figure out they're a bunch of liars. And I read fully terms of service.

• In
    intringingsheri Apr 02, 2011

Email I sent to IAC's (corporation that owns Match) head of Corporate Communications and CEO Frankly I expect no response. However as a public corporation they do need to abide by certain ethical standards of conduct. I am happy to share the email not so much for its content but to say don't waste your time complaining to Match. [email protected] is whom your complaints should go. He is the CEO of IAC and was the CEO of Match until recently.

If I wanted to take the time I could directly contact several people on your Board of Directors having been in the business a long time. I recently had a highly troubling experience with Match CO where I was merely doing as a 30 day experiment to understand the model. I was stalked, violated by a man who left out of his bio that he is bi-sexual. Luckily my good sense prevailed and I am fine. The response I received from Match was unacceptable in every way and I am considering legal action unless I hear back from a senior corporate executive

cancellation impossible!

I have been trying for over 2 weeks to cancel my subscription to Match.com with AOL.. there is no way to...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices