Mashreq Bankcredit card dispute#dispute id #65357

K Oct 28, 2018

The head of Credit card division,

Further to my earliest request for reversal of fraudulent transactions on my credit card, On the follow up today, i was given to understand that it would take 180days to resolve this??

And the representative also said This amount needs to be paid and later if the fraudulent transactions are proved after 180 days, the amount will be reversed.

This is ridiculous... Why should a customer be penalized for someone who has misused outside UAE?

For your information, my supplementary card used by my wife swiped her card on 18th morning at AL QASMI HOSPITAL sharjah and within short span of time, some transactions from Brazil has been charged on the card.

Usually, whenever any transactions which is unusual in nature, Mashreq used to call me or send me a message for authentication. In this case, Mashreq has not sent any message nor they have called. I came to know about this transaction when one of your representative called me for availing installment on my purchase after 18th of October worth 4k. I was shocked to hear that within a day or two how can my purchases go up to 4k and i asked him to read out the details. I came to know only then.

I am very upset with the situation how mashreq has handled this and hence, And I will not be paying those fraudulent transaction amount which you have debited on my card.

You may cancel all my cards immediately and whatever Actual pending amount is there, it would be paid. Until then you may block the cards. I am not interested in using mashreq card where there is no security.

This is what you have given me a service for a customer who has been paying on time and using your card for ages.

I know it makes no difference for mashreq to loose a customer.

God bless