Marlboromarlboro special select

M Jul 25, 2018 Review updated:

I have been smoking Marlboro special blends red 100's for several years. Today i went to purchase a pack only to find out they changed the name to Special Select? Well i have smoked 3 so far and im still Angry not getting the nicotine or something also i have a nasty taste in my mouth . Please tell me whats going on and where do i go or who do i talk to about a refund?

marlboro special select

• Jp
    J Patterson Aug 08, 2018

I did the same thing and these special select really suck why can't they just leave the special blend alone they were just fine

• Jp
    J Patterson Aug 08, 2018

These cigarettes really suck

• Br
    Bryan Dedon Aug 10, 2018

They're the same damn thing, just the name changed. Yall just dont like change. There is literally no difference besides blend was changed to select.

• Bd
    BDupuis Aug 19, 2018

@Bryan Dedon I noticed a difference in taste before I even noticed the box said "select" everyone's taste is different I suppose

Maria Kennedy Nov 25, 2018

@BDupuis I agree. I’ve neen smoking the select golds and have noticed a gross taste as well. Thought it was just me, guess not

• Ke
    Kellylyn Oct 27, 2019

@Bryan Dedon You are wrong. There is something wrong with Marlboro cigarettes.

• Bd
    BDupuis Aug 19, 2018

Bring Back the regular Special BLEND!! The special select is terrible! I'm now searching for not only a different kind but a whole different BRAND!!

• Ru
    russtman55 Sep 08, 2018

There appears to be some difference but the question is Why mess up a good thing?I can switch to Pall Mall Reds 100's for about 7 dollars less a carton and will probably be doing so very soon!!

• Mo
    Mo72 Sep 17, 2018

Call me crazy but I swear to God since they’ve changed to select by the end of the day my throat is killing me. Doesn’t hurt when I wake up or all throughout the day. But by early evening it’s killing me. Coincidence? Maybe, just putting it out there.

James Lewis 1968 Sep 18, 2018

Since the name change it taste like I have been licking an ashtray wtf Marlboro. Wasn't like this before. I can live with name change but whatever you changed in the tobacco change back¡!!!

• Md
    Mdwp Oct 11, 2018

Since name change. I have terrible headaches, just as I do if I smoke regular Marlboro lights. And they taste terrible. It's most definitely more than a name change! They're horrible, and, btw, change fiesnt bother me, if its for the better!

Sabern Oct 14, 2018

I agree with all of you! I have been smoking the “Blend” for several years now and didn’t even notice the name change until I opened the new pack and tasted what I think Formaldehyde would taste like. Or licking a super nasty grapefruit. I don’t mind change, I welcome change, if it’s for the better. These are disgusting. 🤮 Not for the better- AT ALL. Boo Marlboro.

• Je
    Jennifer Amato Oct 22, 2018

Ever since I noticed the name change from BLEND to SELECT almost 3 weeks ago my lips have become chapped and getting worse, my gums are starting to hurt and Im also getting a sore throat by end of the day. Also, like everyone else is mentioning they taste nasty, they leave a weird after taste and I feel like Im smoking more because there's not enough nicotine or something.
    I actually just was curious to see why Marlboro changed the name and found this complaint board and thought wow is this whats causing my issue, am I having an allergic reaction to a NEW CHEMICAL. I'm going to go to the doctor this afternoon, I will keep you posted.

• Hk
    HKJ123 Nov 08, 2018

Ever since the name change of Special Blend to Special Select I have been sick. Three trips to the doctor. Allergic to something in this cigarrette. Taste is not as good and agree with all of the other comments. Switched to a different cigarrette today.

• Ca
    Cali622 Feb 08, 2019

I haven't noticed a difference at all. Still the same great taste. Y'all are tripping. It's all in your head I tell you.

• El
    El Vis Aug 26, 2019

they ruined the special blend, i rather smoke catnip now

• Ke
    Kellylyn Oct 27, 2019

I have been smoking Marlboro Reds for 38 years and for about the last couple months they are dreadful! I don't know what has happened but it has nothing to do with the package, it's the actual cigarette itself, it smells and tastes horrible and its making me sick! Now I spend a lot of money on Marlboro, 2 cartons per week so I expect to be able to smoke what I purchase but I can't even get through a whole cigarette anymore! Also all my stuff smells like a chemical and I can smell it even on the unopened package. I want a refund but I would just be happy if you would pull all of these AWFUL cigarettes and replace them with the original Marlboro cigarettes! If you do not do this I will be switching brands!!!

• Mo
    mofucker Dec 06, 2019

fuk u

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices