MarlboroMarlboro special select

M

I have been smoking Marlboro special blends red 100's for several years. Today i went to purchase a pack only to find out they changed the name to Special Select? Well i have smoked 3 so far and im still Angry not getting the nicotine or something also i have a nasty taste in my mouth . Please tell me whats going on and where do i go or who do i talk to about a refund?

Marlboro special select

• Tm
    TMParker Jun 15, 2021

My husband bought me a carton yest. I thought it was my usual blend but after staying up coughing all night, I went and saw it was select. I didn't know marlboro was changing the blend until I called the store this morning to see if I could exchange! Y'all have put something different in these cigarettes! Shame on you!! I will be looking for a new brand of cigarettes other than marlboro! I hope this decision you made hurts you in the pocket book!!

• Tm
    TMParker Jun 15, 2021

I didn't realize my husband had picked me up a carton of select instead of my usual blend. I smoked a few last night and thought oh this must be an old carton so I was going to take the rest back to the store for an exchange. I was up coughing all night when I went and looked at the brand. Called store this morning thinking my husband made a mistake to see if they'll exchange when she said nope that's what they are now!! I have to find a new brand because y'all put something else in these! Shame on you!

Chef Carol O May 06, 2021

Is anyone else getting ill that kinda feels like motion sickness from Marlboro special selects . Do they put formaldehyde in the blend or rolling paper . I us to smoke Marlboro menthol till Massachusetts outlawed menthols . Since the change I have been dizzy off balance . Except early in the day till my husband lights up. then the second hand smoke hits . They don't seem to bother him except dizzy . Anyone?

• Ca
    cathleen Bulebosh Sep 19, 2021

@Chef Carol O I bought 2 packs today they taste gross and leav ie a rank awful taste in my mouth that won't go away

Not As Advertised Jan 30, 2021

Yall just gave me the absolute, 100% to quit smoking. If I cant have my SPECIAL BLEND after paying so much for a cig and yall trying to say just package change: im out.

These Select are aweful tasting. Like mixing it with a cheap red version with a Marlboro.

• Ke
    Kellylyn Oct 27, 2019

I have been smoking Marlboro Reds for 38 years and for about the last couple months they are dreadful! I don't know what has happened but it has nothing to do with the package, it's the actual cigarette itself, it smells and tastes horrible and its making me sick! Now I spend a lot of money on Marlboro, 2 cartons per week so I expect to be able to smoke what I purchase but I can't even get through a whole cigarette anymore! Also all my stuff smells like a chemical and I can smell it even on the unopened package. I want a refund but I would just be happy if you would pull all of these AWFUL cigarettes and replace them with the original Marlboro cigarettes! If you do not do this I will be switching brands!!!

• El
    El Vis Aug 26, 2019

they ruined the special blend, i rather smoke catnip now

• Ca
    Cali622 Feb 08, 2019

I haven't noticed a difference at all. Still the same great taste. Y'all are tripping. It's all in your head I tell you.

• Hk
    HKJ123 Nov 08, 2018

Ever since the name change of Special Blend to Special Select I have been sick. Three trips to the doctor. Allergic to something in this cigarrette. Taste is not as good and agree with all of the other comments. Switched to a different cigarrette today.

• Je
    Jennifer Amato Oct 22, 2018

Ever since I noticed the name change from BLEND to SELECT almost 3 weeks ago my lips have become chapped and getting worse, my gums are starting to hurt and Im also getting a sore throat by end of the day. Also, like everyone else is mentioning they taste nasty, they leave a weird after taste and I feel like Im smoking more because there's not enough nicotine or something.
    I actually just was curious to see why Marlboro changed the name and found this complaint board and thought wow is this whats causing my issue, am I having an allergic reaction to a NEW CHEMICAL. I'm going to go to the doctor this afternoon, I will keep you posted.

Sabern Oct 14, 2018

I agree with all of you! I have been smoking the “Blend” for several years now and didn’t even notice the name change until I opened the new pack and tasted what I think Formaldehyde would taste like. Or licking a super nasty grapefruit. I don’t mind change, I welcome change, if it’s for the better. These are disgusting. 🤮 Not for the better- AT ALL. Boo Marlboro.

• Md
    Mdwp Oct 11, 2018

Since name change. I have terrible headaches, just as I do if I smoke regular Marlboro lights. And they taste terrible. It's most definitely more than a name change! They're horrible, and, btw, change fiesnt bother me, if its for the better!

James Lewis 1968 Sep 18, 2018

Since the name change it taste like I have been licking an ashtray wtf Marlboro. Wasn't like this before. I can live with name change but whatever you changed in the tobacco change back¡!!!

• Mo
    Mo72 Sep 17, 2018

Call me crazy but I swear to God since they’ve changed to select by the end of the day my throat is killing me. Doesn’t hurt when I wake up or all throughout the day. But by early evening it’s killing me. Coincidence? Maybe, just putting it out there.

• Ru
    russtman55 Sep 08, 2018

There appears to be some difference but the question is Why mess up a good thing?I can switch to Pall Mall Reds 100's for about 7 dollars less a carton and will probably be doing so very soon!!

• Bd
    BDupuis Aug 19, 2018

Bring Back the regular Special BLEND!! The special select is terrible! I'm now searching for not only a different kind but a whole different BRAND!!

• Br
    Bryan Dedon Aug 10, 2018

They're the same damn thing, just the name changed. Yall just dont like change. There is literally no difference besides blend was changed to select.

• Bd
    BDupuis Aug 19, 2018

@Bryan Dedon I noticed a difference in taste before I even noticed the box said "select" everyone's taste is different I suppose

Maria Kennedy Nov 25, 2018

@BDupuis I agree. I’ve neen smoking the select golds and have noticed a gross taste as well. Thought it was just me, guess not

• Ke
    Kellylyn Oct 27, 2019

@Bryan Dedon You are wrong. There is something wrong with Marlboro cigarettes.

• Jp
    J Patterson Aug 08, 2018

These cigarettes really suck

• Jp
    J Patterson Aug 08, 2018

I did the same thing and these special select really suck why can't they just leave the special blend alone they were just fine