Marlboro Cigarettesburning of cigarettes

N

I bought 2 packs of marlboro cigarettes and when i smoked them they would either stop burning and go out or the cherry of the cigarette would fall off. Ive been smoking for a while and if this keeps happening i will end up changing brands.

• Sc
    Scottttt Sep 16, 2018

Long time Marlboro customer. But.. no longer. Tired of constant relighting cigs 2 to 4 times each cig. But yet, if I were to but down in ash tray.. then they keep burning to the end. I think I'm going through 2-3 times as many lighters as result. This is stupid and completely unenjoyable. Who knows what chemical is added to make these FSC cigs. Not cool Marlboro!!! Now all Marlboro cigs SUCK!!
    I guess Marlboro and any other FSC brands don't want our money anymore. They could have just told that to us consumers they don't really want our money anymore instead of causing us lots of frustration and wasted money. Now i will go to natural tobacco cigs like a friend of mine smoke. You can either roll your own or they have machines that make just like commercial brands. And.. the shorts last TWICE longer that 100's. If that isn't proof that Marlboro and the others are RIPPING US OFF with problematic cigs that burn away twice faster that natural Tobacco ought to.
    Marlboro.. I'm done with your chemically induced rip-off sticks!!!

NoThankQ [user banned] Sep 04, 2014

Uhm...how do lit cigarettes NOT taste like burnt tobacco? Are you not aware of what cigarettes are made of? This is the dumbest post on the entire site.

Marboro Sep 04, 2014

The pack I opened I had to throw away..tasted like burnt tobacco...yuk!!

John2.0 Aug 15, 2012

Нes such sometimes happens. At me last year was approximately also

• Tl
    tlnjr Aug 07, 2012

i got a cartoon of cigaretts and half of them were broken

• Cc
    ccochran28 Mar 03, 2011

1) Not all brands are fire safe (Camels and Marlboro are)
    2) It's not the paper its "saftey rings" Doubled up sections of paper like rings about every 1/4inch that act like a speed bump and burn them out if left unattended.
    3) The test they use to prove if a Cig is firesafe is flawed and doesn't work. The lay the Cig flat on paper and if at least 75% of 40 cigs tested burn out it passes.
    4) You can walk and talk and 75% will burn themselves out but if you leave one unattended (NOT LAYING ON PAPER) it will burn to the filter.

Note the photo - the dark ring is the "saftey paper"...didn't even slow it down and burnt to the filter.

• Mr
    MrSmoker Jan 10, 2011

I live in the state of New Hampshire. Only in the past year did the cigarettes here start to taste really bad or lack in taste. It's horrible! I've bought some packs with FSC on the label that tasted like they should, but the more recent ones either had NO taste at all or they're horrible. They stop burning, the cherry (lit end) falls off, I'll cough like a manic, and the phlegm in the morning would be terrible. I'd also have these large, hard-like booger things grow in the back of my throat that would choke me. After I dropped the Marlboro brand these symptoms all stopped. I have been smoking for many years, and while I realize it is NOT a healthy habit, even I know that the changes in these FSC cigarettes are causing these symptoms. Non-smokers can say whatever they want and claim that these symptoms are just from years of smoking (this is what the Government wanted to happen anyway), but I know better. I've had a physical and everything checked out fine. Nothing is WRONG with me, and my doctor knows I smoke. So stuff that in your pipes and smoke it, non-smokers.

• Re
    remember the good ole days Nov 18, 2010

Fireproff my butt, they are a fire hazard, I have burnt my legs while sitting at my computer as well as in lawn chairs, and a cherry falls off, burnt my bedspread, carpeting, floors, you just never know when it is going to fall off and that is fireproof? One fell off in my laundry basket, I had a plastic bag on the bottom a small fire but this is assinnine. You know getting burns yourself from a cigarette is not a good feeling.You got it roll your own and get caught with a paraphenalia charge from some stupid cop. amazing, someone should sue them, I am sure I am not the only one who got burns on my legs from falling cherries in the middle of a cigarette.

AnthonBerg May 22, 2010

This are FSC cigarettes, the USA gov approves the low which require the tobacco industry to use fire-[censor]ant paper in all cigarettes to make them self-extinguish...[censor] inventyed by anti-smokers. Some consumers claim they have found a noticeable difference in the taste of FSC cigarettes from non-FSC cigarettes, comparing it to a copper or metallic taste. Other symptoms reported include an itchy rash, (allergic reaction), severe headache, vomiting, diarrhea, mouth sores, and nose bleeds. I was scared to death than i found this information, for along time I am smoking cigarettes from manufactured in East Europe, I got them online from 2000.cigs fortunately their tobacco manufacturers produce non-fsc cigarettes, they are cheap, they are tasty.

• Fl
    fl12345 Jan 26, 2010

Wow, I found this web sight by searching the internet because I have noticed the same thing but just recently. Keeps going out and the cherry falls off. I knew something was wrong and these complaints convinced me that I am not crazy. I thought that I got a bad batch or something but the last few cartons were the same.

• Pr
    Prdrmami68 Jan 23, 2010

OMG!!! I've been wondering what has been happening to my marlboro light cigarettes too!!! I started noticing either buring past the middle of the filter, or the cherry just falling off, and then it turning off all together... the taste is disgusting and since it keeps shuting off, i find myself inhaling deeper so that it doesn't turn off. What the hells is happening? I called the florida quit line and they sent me patches because feel like quitting... but I still havent opened the box of patches. I even tried a Newport menthol and that brand made me dizzy and nauseus. This is awful. I'm either switching brands or quiting altogether. Yuk! I'm sending a letter to Marlboro!

• Sh
    Shar50 Jan 23, 2010

I too have been having head aches and now know why. My husband said he can't smoke them, they make his throat swell and chokes him. Time to pick up that Chantix prescription. This is bull! I wonder if they are changing rolling papers too. I might try rolling my own. Also agree, if I am going to smoke, might as well smoke weed. I believe it isn't nearly as bad for me as the crap they are now putting in cigarettes.

• Le
    LegalizeMarijuana1968 Jan 19, 2010

This is part of theconspiracy to get everyone to stop smoking!! I' very surprised that the tobacco companies have gone ahead with this ridiculour idea. They too will be looking for our bail out money when they can't sell their product any longer. I smoke Winston and have the same problem...cigarettes go out unless you continue to puff on them. It's very frustrating, and when you try to relight them they drop hot ashes all over your clothes and onto the floor...talk about dangerous!!

I have to agree with the "weed" comment. Let's just legalize pot already. It's a great tax base and would allow the US to get out of its recession/depression...in more than one way :-> Maybe that's what they have up their sleeve? After all the tobacco companies have been growing weed since the 1960's...

• Wh
    who ruined my cigs Jan 17, 2010

I was wondering why my cigarette kept going out. They taste different and I have been coughing a lot and I never did before. I think they have really messed up the cigarettes to try to make us quit. With the price of cigarettes, we should atleast get a quality product. I pay extra for Marlboros because I like them, but not anymore, they are horrible.

• Mr
    mrpelaez67 Jan 16, 2010

I've been smoking Marlboro reds since I was 14, Yes a minor, a kid... who better to know a drastic change in a product than someone who has been smoking the same cigs for 30 years? The paper may have been changed, but the tobacco is not the same flavorful even burning tobacco that we had before, it smells bad, tastes bad, leaves a disgusting aftertaste, and burns terribly!!! Don't lie to your loyal consumers, we keep smoking Marlboro because we enjoy it... I understand that all the lawsuits have drained the Phillip Morris Corp. Of billions, but not everyone has sued you, why should everyone suffer your losses? Obviously you have changed the integrity of your product for monetary reasons, We the smokers demand the same QUALITY of Marlboro brand, or as you have seen in many complaints you will lose us to other brands... Not a wise move Phillip Morris, hear us or lose us!

• Sm
    smartgirl325 Jan 01, 2010

The paper in my opinon may be EArth Friendly besides the tobacco which is way to Harmful for us to Breath when lit your best Bet Is to quit you aren't drinking while your smoking are ya? Anyways thought maybe these ciggerettes where there for people who fall asleep while smoking that way they don't set themselfs on fire when there asleep. Thats just to bad I feel for you really! Good luck !

• Sp
    SpaceAce Jan 01, 2010

hey mr tired of stupid...why do you read stuff that obviously doesn't pertain to you.

that's pretty stupid...true to your name

• Sp
    SpaceAce Dec 31, 2009

I've been noticing these thngs as well-- My Marlboros are sucking at 55 a carton. I like smoking and really wasn't considering quitting, but I have to agree-- these new butts are terrible.
    The guy who said his cherry fell off while he was driving is absolutely right, it's a driving hazard, but trust me, they won't change back, , , , they'll ban smoking while driving if people have accidents because of this. We have no rights in this country anymore except this...freedom of speech. I cringe whenever I hear this excuse for an accident. My Mom was rear ended several years ago by some chick who lost her cig while driving and plowed into several cars at a light...please smokers, if this should happen to you-- don't use that excuse, I would be embarrassed to tell that to the cop writing up the report, especially as much bad press as smokers get. I really feel like people hate us, but I don't care because ...like Kevin Dubrow and Quiet Riot said..."hope it annoys you"
    As far as health risks...yes-- we can all read and are aware of the risks-somethings going to get you, might as well enjoy whatever it is you enjoy-- you only live once. And if we choose to die smoking, that's our business.
    What gets me are these taxes...especially when the butts are really taking the pleasure out of smoking-- and I call it the government trying to make you quit..and I hate being told what to do...it makes me want to smoke more, even though it's expensive as hell now...and not tasting as good...makes the price of weed seem like a real bargain, though)

• Ra
    randy foster Dec 28, 2009

ARE YOU GUYS SELLING OUT TO GOVERNMENT PREASURE?

• Ra
    randy foster Dec 28, 2009

WE NEED INFO, BECAUSE YOU GUYS SUCK. ALL OF YOURE LOYAL SMOKERS ARE PISSED OFF.

• Kw
    Kwanja Dec 08, 2009

I, too, have encountered all of these traits in my cigarettes. They now give me a headache; won't stay lit in my hand or an ashtray if I am not constantly drawing on it; cherry falls out; burns off center; smells different; tastes different; and causes my tongue to tingle at times. I am VERY DISSATISFIED! Change them back. They are a safety hazard now! When the cherry falls into my lap or the floorboard, I am distracted from my driving awareness to check on the cherry. Grrrr! Ugh!

• Al
    Allison Calera, AL Nov 30, 2009

ok now I know it is not me or my husband that are the only ones having headachaches, why wasn`t the consumer (you know the ones that have made a lot of people rich and the ones people complain about, but love what the taxes we pay does for them ) warned about the change and effects of the FSC. Just found out today 11/30/09 that our cigarrettes suck for a reason. I guess 5.20 a pk isnt good enough. We are aware of dangers of smoking pk says it plainly and aren`t all of us dumb enough to smoke while sleeping. guess the questions are answered of : old people smoking 2 pks a day and lived til they were 90 yrs old not anymore they want to kill use early.jokes on them we cant buy if were not ALIVE, Go back to genuine tobacco we will stay around enjoying our smokes at whatever price. The rate going now marlboro is making the people at Tylenol happy. Guess I`ll find a better brand marlboro is losing now.

• Ec
    ecksploshun Nov 30, 2009

bottom line is...these smokes are more dangerous. i've had two of them drop partial cherries in my lap. i think the paper doesn't burn evenly.

• Ec
    ecksploshun Nov 30, 2009

ridiculous. it's more dangerous because there's no consistency to how the paper actually burns. I've had huge chunks of cherry fall out of the cig into my lap.

• Sh
    Shealy Nov 30, 2009

I have just recently gotten the Marlboro Cigarettes that don't burn or the fire falls off. I thought it was new. After reading all these complaints I see this is the way it is going to be. I will be changing brands. I have smoked Marlboro for over 25 years. I can't believe you didn't let the consumer know the cigarettes were going to change.

• Di
    dixie38671 Nov 06, 2009

I smoke dorals and my boyfriend smokes winston. I used to smoke marlboro, but when they changed their ciggs I changed brands and so did he. Unfortunately, now both doral and winston have changed to. I don't know what we are going to do. I hate these new ciggs. I have been smoking for 15 years he has been smoking for over 30 years and this is absolutely ridiculous.

joejr Oct 12, 2009

What the heck are you as a major cigrette company thinking...this new FSC is BullCrap...YOU JUST LOST A CUSTOMER...

• Do
    donkey9376 Sep 14, 2009

these fire safe cigarettes suck. I was thinking they were just leaving alot more moisture in the cigarettes, despite the changed taste, now i know better, its the paper! so much for trying to dry the cigarettes by leaving the box open. seriously sucks . I very much dislike the change. and what the heck is in the paper. as if smoking wasnt bad enough, now ive got fire ###ent in my paper, and god knows what in the "tobacco" . wtf.

Johnam Aug 19, 2009

I agree with all the posters about this, Myself recieved a carton last week only to find a very funny smell kinda like perfume or a very off musky smell, and a even worst taste. Figuring maybe it was a fluke like i got the carton that was sitting in the back of some werehouse for years and they finally picked it up to ship it out, i bought another carton this week, and its just as bad if not worse then the previous carton. I am disgusted with Marlboro and will definately be looking for another brand to start.
    Thanks for taking my money Marlboro and giving me a crap product...it only lets us see your real colors

• Be
    beau1 Aug 17, 2009

I agree with the roll your own, but Im talking cigarette tobacco

all kinds of different tobacco and cigarette accesories

FSC = Federal Safety Commision

does it surprise anyone that the government has gotten involved. I wonder how much money they are giving to the tobacco growers to add ### that tastes awful, but still keep them addicted!!

• Gw
    Gwen~Anne P. Aug 09, 2009

At approximately $50.00 a carton I feel as though I am totally being ripped off. I have been smoking Marlboro Lights for 23 years and my last two cartons were crap. Thought it was a fluke that the first carton was peeling at the butt and kept going out repeatedly. Second carton did the exact same thing and totally pissed me off. Anyone know where I can get a good cigerette that does not do this crap?

Debating to just quit.
    Gwen~Anne

• Te
    teetot1 Aug 03, 2009

I have been wondering what the hell was going on with my cigarettes. I'm getting quite frustrated myself. Never smoked anything i liked better than Marlboro Lt 100's but I'm about to start shopping around.

• Df
    D from Dallas Jul 18, 2009

I am a 2 pack a day smoker and have been loyal to the Marlboro brand for 30 years.

These new "safety" cigarettes are more dangerous than ever! I have burnt my clothes, car seats, furniture, myself and others!

The new paper seems to fly off the cigarette and continues to burn after it lands. It's almost impossible to keep lit and lately, my cigarettes have been loosely packed or perhaps half-full. I simply don't enjoy smoking your product anymore.

I will roll my own cigarettes from now on.

• Ca
    Cathi In Ohio Jul 10, 2009

It is NOT only Marlboro's its ALL brands...I smoke cheapRodgers and couldn't figure out why they were going out sooo much then I found an article on it at http://www.smokinglobby.com/forum/about3551.html

• Ag
    AgentFiftySeven Jun 27, 2009

Hey Tracy...blow me. You don't see me messing with your posts in the bondage forums, do you? Thanks for the life-changing earth-shattering revelation that cigarettes cause cancer. And if I do 'croak' from cigarettes, I hope it happens while I'm behind the wheel and barreling towards your car at about 90 miles an hour. Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

Mark Jun 12, 2009

Your Correct I'm not a Medicalist in the Medicinal field, I am a PC Medicalist, I fix sick computers, not sick people. I didn't know this is where you come to get criticism? I thought it was to leave a complaint. I do not tell people to not smoke, I only tell them if they currently do not smoke, I would not want anyone to go through what I have since I started to smoke. 13 years ago.

Tracy, I know i'm not perfect but what makes you seam like you have the upper hand? Everyone has cancer cells, these are dormant till you eat drink go somewhere that will activate them for most individuals it would be smoking, I have never had headaches till these past two packs I have made the purchase for.

• Tr
    Tracy Jun 12, 2009

Mark you can't be a medicalist! You should know better than to smoke. The headaches are starting, next comes the heart attack or lung/brain cancer. You know your body is trying to tell you to stop, but you're addicted to the nicotine and the other carcinogens they put in tobacco and paper. Shame on you and your wife for smoking when you tell people not to. I doubt you are a medicalist at all.

• Tr
    Tracy Jun 12, 2009

You people ever hear of no smoking and lung cancer? Switch to quitting. I've seen lung cancer turn to brain cancer in the flick of a lighter.

You folks are unreal complaining about a cigarette that shouldn't be produced in the first place. Gross smell and even you smell gross from smoking them. Ever see the walls of your house? Yellowed nicotine. Do you wonder why you have less friends?

The Marlboro man died from brain cancer. Camels are worse, they cause more cancer more quickly. Go for it, people! More power to you, you will surely give the world a cleaner place to be when you croak.

Brain cancer starts with headaches. Go see your doctor, even though certain cigarettes cause non treatable fatal brain tumors. They might be able to prolong your life for a few months more.

Cigarettes have over 2000 carcinogens in them. Carcinogens cause cancer. Try to see which one of you can get it faster, have a race. Betcha no one wins.

Mark Jun 12, 2009

The one thing I will have to say is, I like the idea of having a fire sate cigarett, but when it comes to the point where it is now im starting to get headaches from every pack of cigarettes I purchase to smoke, I have been buying these "Fire Safe" Cigarettes for two weeks or so. I smoke a pack in two days. My wife has stated the same thing. What is being put into the paper to cause this. This is more health safety than Fire safty in my opinon. The Cherry falling off this is a bigger issue of starting fires of even getting burns, This is not a safe Product, and In my opinion should not be available to purchase. I will fully accept a smokable non-harming cigarette that is "Safe" in all ways to smoke.

Mark

[email protected]

• Ki
    kirjondra Jun 05, 2009

price went up quality went way way down...