MagicJackfraud and scam

Magic jack is a scam i would not recommend this product i would not put anyone through this *** *** junk and having that little girl lie for them on site shame on you magic ***. They need a law suit on them and especially no phone number for customer support they must not like it either for them to have magic jack and not have phone for c/s whats up with that and there chat clients are not good also they must of just started to school on customer service and still in kindergarten, magic jack you need to be put out of business and a big law suit.

• Go
    Gomp5 Aug 25, 2016

They told me my order was canceled but still charged my creditcard. and gave two links where i can get the magicjack. could you please help me to get my money back. I usede the magic talk without the the jack and it worked fine. but after paying they gave me a USA number. but after the 1st of februari the software said that my trial had expired. Everytime i try to log in to use it it gives me the same dialog. could you please send me the phone number of them so I can call them to claim my money back or get my account opened again beacuse it worked fantastic during the trial.

AngryinMN Aug 22, 2016

I ordered free trial and agreed to $3.95 shipping, instead the charged me:
    Date: 08/20/2010 Charge Amount: $4.14
    The also put an authorization for the full amount of the purchase on my account. They claim it is the card company that is doing this but that is not true, MJ submitted it for authorization.

I don't have access to that money so i might as well have purchased it outright! I then get an email (after the fact) of them telling me they put this authorization on the card, without my consent. I agreed to pay it when the 30 day trial was up, IF idecided to keep the product.

Documentation of these transactions is available I SAVE EVERYTHING!

• Ca
    CarTRuby Aug 17, 2016

BEWARE! Check your credit card bills very carefully. You may be charged for Magic Jack without ever ordering it! That is what happened to us---we were charged for 4 months before noticing it. And the charges were somewhat random, e.g. $20, then a few days later $4, instead of a monthly charge on a specific day each month. The credit card company told me that Magic Jack is being defrauded as well, because someone is using a card number to receive the service but it is not the same person who is paying for it. Not sure how this happens---perhaps a database leak. However, I still do not trust this company---they are very difficult to contact, and the rep could not refer me to another person in the company, and was unaware of this situation. It seemed like she was reading from a script. Anyway, check your credit card bills carefully.

• Ti
    tickedoffone Aug 17, 2016

Just got my magicjack today. Call quality excellent, features excellent. The Issue, I live on Whidbey island in the 360 area code. That is in the northwestern corner of the state. How many 360 areas are covered? 1 that is over 3 1/2 hours from my home in Longview. There fore all locals calling me would have to call longdistance. My housemates are adding a landline to our new house so thats ok for the locals to call. So I try to get a number in longview. No numbers available. Ok so try Seattle. No numbers available. Finally has to settle on bainbridge island to even get a number within 100 miles.
    If it wasn't for the landline my BF could not call me.. it's f-n ridiculous.

• Tr
    TracieT Aug 17, 2016

I've had magicJack for 2 months and it has worked like a charm. Between Verizon and AT&T I used to spend over $1, 200 per year for phone service. Other than the initial fee of about $40.00, I've had no other charges from MJ and expect to have none for the remainder of the year.
    I have purchased a prepaid phone through Tracfone for $120.00 with 1, 000 minutes on it just in case of emergencies. You know, like vehicle problems on the road or something of the sort.
    Let's see...What's the difference between $1, 200 and $160? Hey! I'm too lazy! You do the math!!!

JackedbyMagicJack Aug 17, 2016

Don't waste your money or your time... Product doesn't work as advertised and you'll spend countless hours chatting with their "customer support" to try to get it to work. You had better know the in's and out's of computer programming, computer code and your security settings - because YOU will be asked to navigate through your computer settings to "fix" your computer - because magic jack works perfectly - yeah right! This product sucks and should be taken off the market. Luckily I'm only out $40 - most consumers are out a whole lot more - buyer beware!!!

Jackie Aug 08, 2016

I have had MagicJack for over a year, and it is the best. I have had no problems with it. It is the easiest phone to set up and use.
    I don't understand all of these complaints.

• Valerie Aug 08, 2016

Thank you for the warning. After seeing numerous infomercials about Magic Jack I actually contemplated purchasing this product, but decided to do some research before I made the commitment. (Thank God I did). Then I came across this website and after reading the numerous consumer complaints, I changed my mind. So, if there’s any consolation in knowing the hassle and unfair treatment that each consumer experienced at the hands of Magic Jack was not in vain. Your complaints did pay off. I refuse to purchase this product. I really appreciate all the warnings and hope others read the complaints too.

Jack Services Jul 29, 2016

Jeff Kent will rip you off .He took money for fire alarm gear but never installed the equipment.He has also ripped people that worked for him out of money

Manick Jul 29, 2016

I registered with Magic Jack Services in April 2010 under 309.981.1539 then, i realized that my address was changed and my telephone line was 000.000.0000 in stead of 309.981.1539 (in Illinois) my reference # is A [protected] E 627.
    Now Magic Jack demands to pay another subscription, I thought it was good for one year? (not 6 months) By the way I noticed an unusual address as 4421 N. 16th Street on 85016, person who is utilizing my line, our home address is 4421 N. 29th Street 85016
    Please clarify this problem A. S. A. P.
    Thanks
    Manick

• J0
    j0hnny_dvs Jul 29, 2016

i don't care if you think its the principle of the matter, but you could have rectified the matter for all parties involved and not look like an idiot to all your friends and paid the extra $10. it was your fault for not doing research on magic complaints on this issue before hand . whats 10 bucks anyways for christ's sake

• Li
    lily12345 Jul 29, 2016

I purchased 4 magic jack s, 3 of them were the gifts for my friends. I got free local phone numbers for the first 3 magic jack as I was told, however, for my 4th magic jack, while I was registering it on their website, the website didn't route me to the process of selecting my area code, but assigned me a "424" area code number automatically. After a few days, everyone was complaining that they have to pay long distance fee to call me. I contacted the customer service, explained that the website didn't go through the normal process of selecting my area code, and asked them help to fix it. Someone named Amelia told me that I have to pay an additional $10 to change the number to my local area code. I explained again that it was not my fault that I didn't get a chance to choose my area code, she insisted that it was my problem, she couldn't help me unless I pay. I asked to talk to her supervisor, her supervisor "Riona" told me rudely that if I want to change to my local area code, i have to pay. I expressed my unhappiness about her customer service attitude, she simply ended our chatting window without even asking my permission. I am not sure what i did wrong -- I thought we could get a free local number with your magic jack, and instead I got a number in other states. I wasn't sure why their website didn't take me through the process of selecting the area code as usual, they told me that I have to pay additional to correct the mistake on their end. And I have never seen a customer service would end the live chatting session without asking the customer's permission, and that woman is even a supervisor of the customer service, unbelievable!

• Ne
    Nestor Garcia Jul 29, 2016

I paid my MagicJack subscription renewal for 1 year using my credit card. When my credit card bill arrived, I was charged twice, the first posted on 2/22/2011 and the second one posted on 3/19/2011. I was surprised to see this because I was only renewing for one year, so why should I be charged twice? I was trying to coordinate with my credit card company but they said they have already paid. I just want to have a refund for the other payment made since I am renewing my subscription for only one year.

• Ij
    Ijaaza EL-Nuwaubun Jul 29, 2016

I ordered this product on 05/25/08 I had not received the merchandize because they waited to long to debit my card. I reordered on 06/02/08 and my debit card statement confirmed it was charged. I never received the product Magicjack. It has been very difficult to contact these people to check delivery status, obtain tracking information, or speak with a human voice. They have several telephone numbers which are never working. The only number is the ordering number which is automated. How can I get assistance with this issue?

• Tr
    Tracy A New York Jul 29, 2016

Magic Jack suddenly stopped working. Spent 2 hours troubleshooting online and chatting with technical rep; unable to fix. Representative then advised that device is defective. Offered to replace it for FREE, provided I pay $10 shipping/handling, which I refused. If the device is defective it should be replaced free-of-charge.

• Lb
    lb92356 Jul 28, 2016

I am unemployed and looking to cut my AT & T phone costs. Having seen Magic Jack advertised and sold all over the place, I looked them up on line and found a 30 free trial. I had to give my debit card number which was a flag. I should have trusted my instincts. I bearly got the last digit entered and wham, money was taken out of my account before I could blink an eye. I got a hold of them on live chat and was told that if I used a credit card I wouldn't have been charged. Then I got another person with different excuses. I tried to cancel my order and got the run around about that too. After 5 hours of getting the dodge from them, they canceled my order. I told them to release the charge pending on my bank account and was told that I had to wait 5-10 days to get my refund. I went to my bank and they said that the charge was pending and all they had to do is release the charge and all would be A OK. Tried to get a live chat again and could not do it. This went on for a day or so and I finally got another agent. Long story short and a week later, they refused to release my money. All they kept saying is be patient I will get my refund. They weren't so patient about charging my acct. so why should I have to wait for my refund. I filed a report with my bank and after they contacted Magic Jack, I got my money back. All but $1.00 that is. Yest they charged me $8.00 shipping and $1.00 fee for who knows what. I could have gone to the store and saved the shipping charges and feel secure that the store would refund my money. WHAT A SCAM. As they say, if it sounds to good to be true ----. Shame on the companies that sell this product. They are just as much at fault for selling a product that they know is not likely to work. Next time you see their ads on TV, think about how many people they ripped off to pay for those ads. If I could afford my AT & T bill, I would never had thought about this product. They use the people that are most in need.

• Un
    Un-satisfied Customer Jul 28, 2016

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY at all ... Company increased the charges without notification just on the first renewal. ... Also removed the call forward feature after they provided it during subscription ... I tried several moths to know why they removed that call forward feature, no one gave any useful answer .. they keep saying that they are working on it... for several months, the issue never resolved ... when you can live chat agent, they have poor customer service including supervisors, hung-up on me improperly and inconveniently...No useful information and hung-up ... Waste of time when you contact the customer service agent, they do not respect the customer satisfaction and they are not committed to what they promised and services they charged for. ... I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY at all .

• Kr
    Kraus Jul 14, 2016

My wife was out of town so I was talking to her long distance from S.C. to Arizona a hour or two at night on magicjack that was suppose to be unlimited calling. I had just bought the 5 year extension plan and it was starting 10-30-2010 when I went to use my phone it was off. I called got a representative on live chat that told me I had misused magicjack. I asked how he said it was computer Generated and nothing I could do about it. That I had violated terms of service I again asked him to show me where I had violated the terms and he replied that it was computer generated and nothing I or he could do about it. So if you are talking long distance for a hour or two at night and they get your money for five years watch out you will be violating thier terms and they will try to keep your money also. So unlimted calling, I think not.

• Bought one Dec 2010 - relatively few problems until this April (2012) - apparently I had missed the 'fine print' where it said that if you purchased a Canadian #, you had to pay $10. to renew it each year. Btw, it took close to 2hrs and 3 different online 'support' agents to discover this. It took another 2hrs and 2 different agents to figure out that there was an issue with their payment site as it would not process my credit card. They promised to get in touch to resolve the issue.
    It's now June 13th. I've been online with yet 2 more different 'agents' for almost 3hrs - they apparently still can't figure out why their site won't take my credit card (card company has confirmed that there are no problems from my end!!)
    Magicjack refuses to reactivate my phone # despite the fact I've pre-paid my account until 2015 and despite the fact that it's THEIR payment site that still cannot process my payment. The last agent, "Hero" actually hung up on me after I insisted that he reactivate my phone since the issue was no fault of mine.
    I see now that there are hundreds of complaints against magicjack - good grief, isn't there some sort of law against the scam they are running??

• Pc
    p.c.m Jul 13, 2016

Bought new magic jack device for $39.95, to get lacal and long distance calling. It was fairly easy to install. It worked for a couple of hours ONLY . Nothing but trouble . Now I am receiving NO calls and calls go directly to a recording that " the magicJack customer is not available . I went to the magicJack web site for assistance BUT no help at all UNLESS FIRST PAYING a $38.00 fee via credit card . I REFUSE to pay to ' find' out what is wrong with the poor quality device . I will return it for a full refund and NEVER believe anything that sounds too good to be true. POOR SERVICE of device and VERY POOR SUPPORT BY CUSTOMER SERVICE !

• To
    Tomille Jun 17, 2016

I purchased the Magic Jack last summer. It worked great for a few months. Then I bought the 5 year subscription and disconnected my land line phone. Wrong decision! The magic jack audio quality on my voice to others is terrible. IT crackles and breaks up so much they cannot understand what I say. I can hear and understand them fine. I've spent hours with my local internet provider, even upgraded my speeds. I spent over 5 hours with Magic Jack support personnel. Downdloaded, changed, switched, tweaked and waited seemingly forever. Finally I asked for a refund on the 5 year payment (as I hadn't even used the original 12 months completely). Sure! Right! It's been almost a month. and nothing! I'm not about to spend another 4 or 5 hours trying to get to someone who will agree to anything. As they won't do what they say anyway. Buyer BEWARE!!

concious Jun 15, 2016

Be very careful with magicjack online chat! I think these are automated literature pieces that are generated when customers ask questions because the same responses keep typing. I find it hard to believe that with so many technoloogy sophisticated trained people, why magicjack has only people who do not know anything about technology and who instruct you to destroy your computer programs to make mj work. They only frustrate customers. I hope magicjack proves me wrong and show their faces and their voices.

concious Jun 15, 2016

I bought the jack and it worked on day one to NY only. People I called in any other state could only hear parts of each word and the sound died forever. My jack is set to "headphone/other so I cannot use it with the telephone handset as they tell you. Magicjack does not work at all at all at all.

Don't buy it becauuse it is still in the making.

concious Jun 15, 2016

Has anyone been given contradictory instructions in the online live chat? One live chatter instructed me to uninstall "phone by TigerJet" so I will get sound in the computer and the phone will work. The second chatter wrote "… good, make "phone by Tigerjet" your default audio device and disable the speakers of the computer". If I was not thinking, I would destroy my audio system on my computer just because the chat is a bluff. Be careful.

• De
    dennisthemenice Jun 15, 2016

Bought their product in good faith and it has never worked correctly since day #1. Have contacted their customer support on several occasions for hr's. at a time with no positive results. I am handicped and live on a very limited income. They can not be called and you can only contact them on line. This company or what ever they are is a fraud. They take advantage of people that can't afford a lot and take their money and give nothing in return. They thrive on people with internet service and seem to be untouchable. It is said that there is power in number, so lets get results.

• Be
    berlenej Nov 04, 2014

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED.I HAVE HAD MAGIC JACK FOR YEARS, WITH NO MAJOR PROBLEMS, SO I GOT MAGIC JACK PLUS, I CANNOT MAKE OR RECEIVE A CALL. I TRIED TO GET HELP ONLINE WITH THE LIVE HELP, THEY HACKED MY COMPUTOR, AND TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO PAY 249.00 TO FIX THE PROBLEM.DO NOT LET THEM TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR COMPUTOR.

• Mi
    MissJo Dec 11, 2013

I'VE RENEWED MY DEVICE, MY PHONE NUMBER, AND I STILL CAN'T MAKE A SIMPLE PHONE CALL

I have bought Magik Jack Plus, three years ago + a Canadian phone number. The second year (last year), I have renewed my MJP device, but not my phone number... Because I didn't use it at that time and I didn't care if I had to change number later.

This year after renewing my MJP device, I've decided to buy a Canadian phone number as well... So I've taken the chance that my old number would be still available, and place the order. Not long after, I've received an order confirmation for my old number... So surprisingly, it was still available.

A couple of days after, I've tried to call with my MJP device but my phone number didn't seem to be active in my account, so I've contacted the customer service, and talked with 3 persons...To finally learn that the reason why my phone number didn't work it's because they've chosen to apply my last week payment on LAST YEAR renewal instead of this year... Without me knowing.

After explaining to the agent that I didn't want to renew last year... She responded "that the Canadian number must be renewed yearly to remain active. If it wasn't renewed, the number will be deactivated.

Personnaly, I didn't care if my number was deactivated or not... I simply took the chance, this time, that the same number would be still be available... THAT'S IT. Why should I pay for last year as well, I could have taken another number just the same.

So I've ask the lady not to apply my last week payment on last year renewal, but instead I would simply take another number... But guess what ? There's no refund on phone number... So I'm stuck. If I want to keep old number, I have to pay again. And if I want a new number, I still have to pay again.

So bottom line, I just renewed my device, renewed my phone number... And I'm still incapable of doing a simple call... Isn't it wonderful?

The bright side of it is that I had this reality check before using Magic Jack plus, with my new business... And before spending much more money.

I wanted to share that story for people to be aware.

• Ge
    geebo Nov 29, 2013

New magic jack plus is a nightmare..have to disconnect it and reconnect it everytime I boot up for it to work. If I try to launch from launch Icon..it acts as if I don't have a magic Jack connected.. SUX SUX SUX!

• Je
    Jenna walker Nov 29, 2013

Magic jack customer service is by far the worst. 2 hours, 4 disconnects and NO problems solved. The Worst company for customer service.

• Je
    Jessica4129 Sep 25, 2013

I called to see why there was money taken out of my account for service I didn't have. I've never had a magic jack nor need one... And the lady on phone told me that there was money taken out for magic jack renewel and I didn't see why because I don't have one. When I tried explain to her that I didn't have magic jack she got really nasty with me and would not let me speak.. Told me I had to call the people that got my info and tell them cancel it. I would like my information taken off and I would like the $34.00 put back in my account. I have aready made another complain about rude employees there and horrible service. I don't see how u can charge someone for something that they don't have and will not cancel an account that has stolen information and use it to get an account with y'all. I'm highly upset... But all I ask is too put money back and take my info off your services... Thank you.

• Ge
    geebo Aug 21, 2013

Just had an nightmare all day seesion with Live Chat..they didn't fix it and got ruder by the second until they finally just hung up on me becasue they couldn't fix the issue! Not to mention they can't talk outside their stupid little flow charts...insipid!

• Ca
    Can I pay my bill please? Aug 17, 2013

Magic Jack's customer service stinks!! I am highly disappointed with Magic jack. My problem has not been resolved and I don't think that it will be resolved. Unhappy! Their customer service consist of one lady with an foreign accent who changes her name every time you call. [protected]) I've been trying to make a payment for the last three and a half hours with absolutely no success. I am attempting to renew my yearly subscription and every time I input my credit card information I receive a red message stating that "We are not able to process your payment method" and being that their system was not able to process my card information, my payment will not be processed. So I called my credit card company and was informed that the payment amount have been reduced from my account by magic jack. Once again I called Magic Jack's customer service and received this same lady with a new name, who told me that Magic Jack will place a hold on the bill amount until the card information is verified. This seems odd because in order for money to be withdrawn from any account you will need their card information, which is what I supplied! but my card was not processed??. Since their payment system has not been able to process my credit card, my payment will be credited as no payment made. By this time the customer service agent had gotten really upset since she could not solve my problem and suggested that I wasn't following her instructions properly, (I have followed her instruction, every step by step) frustrated with my problem she then abruptly hung the phone up! WOW!! And my problem is still unresolved! All I want to do is pay my bill!

joyce dabner May 23, 2013

This numer was used to de-fruad me of 410.00 dollars. I was told I was approved of a loan of 2, 000 dollars but because of my credit credit there was a deposit requested 410.00. I sent that deposit to that number I've never heard nothing about the loan I plan to contact the Huston police concerning this matter.

• He
    HexDeme May 14, 2013

I’ve paid for a new subscription from MagicJack Phone company and expected for it to be turned on straight away but once I’ve made first call I was notified that I need to purchase subscription. This occurrence totally ruined my plans for the day because I needed to waste an hour in total to get this fixed...

• Si
    simon langley Mar 27, 2013

Magic Jack works great. Just initialize the Magic Jack with a windows machine and after that just connect the unit directly to the internet modem. You can use your mac to manage the account online with the ID and password you created. It works great.

• Gl
    Glenita Mar 21, 2013

You buy this device to make virtually free phone calls via your computer. cost advertised at @19.95 a year. But if you don't use it and want to start again, you have to pay $29.95 plus tax for every year you didn't use it just to catch up. They don't tell you this when you buy it and then, They tell you it's cheaper to just buy another device. What a ripoff!!!

• Fl
    florie fryer Mar 18, 2013

Please never buy MAGIC JACK! I will never recommend them! They have no customer service phone number! They will keep your credit card number, so they can AUTOMATICLY CHARGE YOU! You will have to much issues, voice of person is always breaking up and your contact can not HEAR YOU! ITS VERY FRUSTRATING ALWAYS!

• Ar
    Arlene lush Jan 22, 2013

I have lost my magic jack. can you help me ?

• 3d
    3d669916 Jan 19, 2013

agree same problem... install, wait about 7-9 days - suddenly It's not recognized by Magic Jack software... freeze up PC until I can kill the running MJ program, yank out from usb port, uninstall MJ, reboot, reinstall... rinse/repeat until next system lock up

Chutki Jan 19, 2013

I had purchased a magic jack its been about a week it was working good but now i cant hear othet person on the call even they cant hear me. What should i do . Will my money will be wasted?