Macaroni Grillmultiple complaints

Last evening, my dining companion and I decided we would enjoy a little pasta and vino, so we set out for Macaroni Grill in Mt Laurel, NJ. The restaurant was suspiciously empty, but we thought perhaps it was because it was the last long weekend of the summer. When our waitress arrived, she began to spout off the names of soft drinks, in an effort to get a beverage order. We told her we were ordering alcoholic drinks, and she informed us that the "company" had made the decision not to renew their liquor license. I was shocked. The waitress said that business is WAY down now. She said they were trying to "get it back". We opted for some refreshing, flavored iced tea. My dining companion ordered spaghetti and meatballs, which is always quite good. I odreded lobster spaghetti, after conferring with the waitress. She told me it was "amazing". While we waited for our meal, she brought out bread. The bread HAD to be leftover from lunch. Macaroni Grill's "bread" is made from their pizza dough. It has a very short wondow of freshness, and it is easy to know when you've gotten stale bread. The entrees arrived. As I said, the spaghetti and meatballs was good...which was a given. HOWEVER...my lobster spaghetti...which at $17.95 was one of the more expensive dishes on the menu, was pretty bad. The little specks of lobster sprinkled throughout the dish were pretty perfectly cooked. But, there was a hall small lobster tail on the top of the pasta...still in it's shell. It was tough, rubbery and flavorless. I DID tell the waitress that she should inform the chef that this was not a well executed dish. We quickly got the check...paid and made a hasty exit. I am pretty sure that Macaroni Grill will no longer be on my list of places to go when I'm in the mood for Italian food.

• Te
    tennstrike Sep 16, 2009

We also had dinner at the Macaroni Grill in Mt. Laurel, NJ recently, on Monday, September 14, 2009. It was "funny" that the bar had only one patron when we arrived, since it was a football evening. The dining area was also almost deserted at 7:30 with only two other tables occupied. We had a great experience at this location about two months earlier. Anyway, we were told some story about the liquor license costing $2.6 million and the restaurant only offering $2.3 million which did not at all ring true. We had to ask for bread and waited well over fifteen minutes for appetizers and soup.

The soup was cold and the entrees were mediocre. We will not return to this Macaroni Grill any time soon.

• 2t
    2 tall tam Aug 16, 2011

My family took me to Macaroni Grill for lunch for my birthday. My favorinte dish in the whole world is eggplant parmesan. It did not have a lunch portion. I decided to splurge and spend the money for the dinner portion. Our family lives on a tight budget, so going here was a splurge. I could not have been more disappointed by their dish. If they put three tablespoons of sauce, I would be surprised. the angel hair pasta had very little if any sauce on it. Also my husband and I ordered water and was surprised that we had to drink out of very small glasses. I would have complained at the restaurant, but I know my family was really splurging to take me there. I didn't want to be a complainer. The setting is beautiful, but when a person is paying that kind of money they want to feel that the food was deliscious.