Menu
Maaco Franchise
reviews & complaints

Maaco Franchise
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

61 complaints
21 resolved 40 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Maaco Franchise. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
G
9:03 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On the 4/24/2010 i took my car to Maaco to have the body kit put on my car and get a complete paint job on it. i was dealing with the son owner, I was told that the est. completion date would be 4/30/2010. he told me that the kit has to be screw on and bondo over and that it would not show after its been painted. Because Maaco do allot of work for the shop...

3:01 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had high hopes when I took my car in for service at 3560 Old Spanish Trail Houston TX. The sales agent, Ali Khan, appeared to be interested in satisfying me. In fact, he told me that the body work and paint would be completed within a week. I even left the car at the repair center when I received the estimate. Three weeks elapsed before the car wa...

B
8:12 pm EDT

Maaco Franchise - poor service/quality

My wife brought in her car to get her bumper fixed (she backed into something while she was backing out of the garage) and was told not to worry and that her car will be back to a new condition. When she picked it up, all they did was repainted the original fascia. They did a spot painting on it (so they were able to remove the scratches), however, you can tell where the paint fades/overspray onto the original paint. Not only that..they left a very noticeable dent on the fascia and didn't even bother to install a few of the fasteners that holds the fascia/bumper to the vehicle. They charged her nearly $500 for the repair. With $500, one would expect a much higher quality work.

All in all..this has been a very bad experience. I would highly recommend against anyone taking their car there.

Aug 04, 2011 11:16 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

As of June 20, 2011 Maaco Collision Repair is under NEW OWNERSHIP. We fully acknowledge there have been some quality issues in the past that have plagued the former owner. We strive to maintain a consistently high level of quality and are commited to meeting the needs of each of our customers.
To 04BlkVibe: In spite of this being over a year later, we suggest that you contact us directly to arrange a time for us to see your vehicle. We would be pleased to assist you in whatever way we can.

Yours truly
Maaco Markham

G
7:37 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Paid $1600 for a paint job, to include body prep (fiber glass, no rust) sanding & buffing after the paint job. The buffing was terrible, had to return car to have all excess buffing compound removed. Car has numerous areas of orange peel, dirt & fish eyes in the paint. According to their mgr. Tyler, this is normal, he told me I could even go next door to...

P
12:14 am EST

Maaco Franchise - awful work

I don't want to go into details- would take too much space- but the bottom line is that my car was returned to me with spatter all over the front, tape painted on in places, and in the wrong, and very ugly color!

The owner treated me like I was a fool and was very rude. I am now taking him to small claims court. I paid for the highest level service, and didn't deal on price. I deserve better- and you do too. Don't go there. At Maaco i experienced the worst quality work, and the worst quality customer service in my my 40+ years of driving and having cars serviced.

3 comments
Oct 17, 2010 7:03 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

So jjw007, were you satisfied with the work? If not, please bring it back and we will do whatever is necessary to correct it - as we are committed to customer satisfaction.

Sep 29, 2010 3:00 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We will see if the quality is any better. I'm awaiting for my bumper to be finished. It was suppose to be finished today, but when I called Maaco today (yes, I had to call them-Maaco did not call me) John(from Maaco) said that my car had a crack in the bumper after removing all of the paint. Apparently, they don't realize that pictures don't tell lies... Yes, I have pictures. ALWAYS take pictures before you leave. Not to mention the fact that John just went ahead and repaired the bumper without calling me first. AND... The $129.00 bait and switch for a bumper paint job, doesn't include the prep work (additional $30), the hazard waste disposal of bumper paint (additional $30)! I'm crossing my fingers that the paint job will be applied correctly and no other damage that results to small claims court.

Sep 01, 2010 10:05 am EDT

Just to let everything know, the MAACO in Santee, CA, is no longer operated by the same owner. It is under new management.

8:45 pm EDT

Maaco Franchise - awful personal

DON'T EVER GO TO MAACO TO GET YOUR CAR PAINTED! They will mislead you and deny responsibility for their sloppy work, and you'll get no help from their corporate Customer Service Department.

At the Maaco at 6601 Old Cheney Hwy in Orlando, we bought the 5 yr warranty, which they claimed was on sale. The work order says "Super Prep", and "Sand and Prime as needed". They just sprayed over the old paint. $835, plus emblem replacements and labor came to $1500. I have all the paperwork and receipts.

When the paint blistered within 6 months, I took it in to be fixed. The owner became rude and argumentative. He was antagonistic the whole time, and couldn't understand why I wasn't happy, when it was under warranty.

I just happen to believe that it should have been done right to begin with.

When I went to pick it up, I asked him to pay for my rental car, since they were responsible for my other car needing to be left there. Also, there were two scratches on the front bumper that weren't there when I brought it in.

I as a female frankly felt threatened and unsafe when the owner became angry, loud and antagonistic.

I had two friends with me, thank goodness, and the owner started to argue with them, and yell. After I said, "$1500 dollars and you can't sand the car?"

He lost his temper and said he won't honor the warranty, he's through with my car.

This man cannot control himself, and I felt unsafe around him.

I complained to Maaco Corporate, and after talking to me once, they never called back. Obviously their public image isn't important to them.

1:45 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We were told the 5 yr warranty paint job was on sale, we spent $1500. When we got the papers, they had switched it to the 4 yr warranty, and said the counter person had made a mistake. The paint started lifting in 6 months, peeling by the antenna, and they got paint on the left tail light. When we took it in, the man at the counter was rude and...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

the job maaco did painting my 2002 chev avalanche was ###, , no wet sanding was done paint chip marks are now under the paint and you still can see them. that shop did a ### job and it cost me over 1.600 dollar. you know i could have just shitted on my self when i got my truck back. the next time i need a paint job ill just take my truck to a tager, one who...

E
10:08 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I met with Ben, Mang/estimator. Ben qouted me $1028.30 to paint and repair a dent to the left quarter, repair rust and scratches to both rear qurters(fenders) and repair a gouge to the tail gate. The paint job is not my complaint however the repair done to the rear fenders seems like it was done by a second grade class doing body work for the first time...

P
9:03 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - holy cow

This is crazy!

I took my truck to maaco to have some work done. I actually didnt need work or paint i just had extra money and wanted it done. I paid them $1000 upfront and they told me 1200 to 1500 depending on the body kit. After they tried to raise it to 1700 to 2000 and thats after the service guy kevin kicked a hole in my running board. So now I feel I had to stay there cause otherwise I would have to pay for a hole that wasn't there. The body work was shady and the paint was worse. They didnt paint the back doors and got primer all over parts that werent even supposed to be painted. So im suing. Theres more to it but trust me people DO NOT GO TO MAACO

H
Aug 29, 2011 11:59 pm EDT

Totally feel for you. Just got my 03 explorer back for the Lancaster PA Macco and it to has primer on unpainted srefaces. It has over 100 fisheye defects more inclusions and marks from where the sander had hit unpainted plastic parts. Maaco is a bad deal at any price. My car value defiantely decreased. I will have to paint it again before it can be resold.

K
8:11 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Took a vehicle to Maaco # M1469 in Turnersville for prep & paint. a portion of the prep. was to "cut and weld" a 3"X5" rust hole. The bill for Maaco service was $1527.62. The vehicle was brought back to maaco for sloppy work and the fact the vehicle was painted TWO DIFFERENT COLORS. OK. so that gets fixed. Recently the 3"X5" patch that was to be "welded"...

1:04 pm EDT

Maaco Franchise - terrible experience

Maaco is the dirt capital of the paint world they painted a car for me if that's what you would call it. The car looked like it was painted in a sand storm the deluxe job must come with dirt the manager and owner said it was a nice paint job. The owner got real mad when i told him that a five year old could do better with a brush. I can't see how anyone can stay in business doing *** work like that.

I learned a lesson that cost me 1, 100 dollars never let maaco at menomonee fall's Wisconsin or any maaco paint a car for me.

6:29 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - overcharged

Maaco is offering a paint-the-bumper special here in the Northwest, any bumper painted for $99 as advertised extensively in the papers and TV. I went to our local Maaco here in Vancouver, WA and said I wanted to take advantage of their special and have the scratch on my 2005 Dodge Neon bumper painted for $99. The manager, John, told me he would have to charge me another $60 to R&R the bumper plus tax and other charges. I told him I understood the tax part but insisted on the advertised $99 deal.

John got testy, told me he had been painting bumpers for 30 years and there's no way he could honor their $99 deal. I appealed to Maaco Corporate who did not even bother to respond.

cc: AG (local & Maaco corporates), BBB (both states), multiple consumer complaint sites like this one and other consumer complaint resources as they come to mind.

5:20 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - amateurs and liars

I had Maaco in Pasadena, Texas paint my gas tank and two side pieces for a motorcycle I am restoring. I was clear that the tank, being 25 years old, had some dents and rough spots that needed smoothing out and that two side pieces needed to be painted two toned. Well I got my two side pieces and they were painted one color and for my tank, not only did they just paint over the dents without doing the bodywork, they painted the inside of the tank. As a result of them painting inside my tank, the paint peeled off and has clogged my fuel system. They fixed the work on the side pieces (after pushing back though) and refused to fix the horrible job on the tank or pay any of the damage to my motorcycle.

Not only did they do crappy job, but when I tried talking to them to get this sorted out, they were rude and accused me of being a liar. Things got really absurd when after complaining to the Better Business Bureau, they flat out lied by saying that I became threatening and that everything I claimed in my complaint was not true. Incredible!

Not only are these people not skilled enough to do a decent paint job, but they are dishonest and you should not risk losing your money with these clowns.

Sep 16, 2009 2:12 pm EDT

I took my 2017 Ford Mustang to be repainted at the Spencer Hwy location in Pasadena. What a lousy paint job, there are spots all over the car where they DID NOT APPLY EMOUGH PAINT and left HUGE SWIRL MARKS ALL OVER THE CAR FROM THE SANDER and you can still see the long deep scratch that was there when I brought it in. The clear coat is horrible...they must use the CHEEPEST CLEAR COAT AVAILABLE.

Don't take your car there unless it's a piece of crap and you don't care how it looks!Very dissapointed.

9:27 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - they painted my car the wrong color

Maaco in Hempstead, (65 Polk Ave) NY is a rip-off! I brought my 76 caddy there to be painted BROWN. They painted it GOLD! Not even close! They left the door jams, hood and trunk Brown. They want $200 just to paint the door jams. These guys must be color blind! Additionally, they lost/stole my mats and broke my convertible top. When I went to consumer affairs, Maaco presented them with documents on which my signature is forged. Not EVEN Close! Don't paint your little red wagon there; they’ll paint it green! I wouldn't refer ANYBODY to them.

N
Apr 13, 2009 11:09 am EDT

Went to Macco in Jamaica, Queens, NY. I had a very superficial (what I thought was a scratch) no dents only the scratch, that I wished to have painted over. The "estimator" inspected the vehicle and determined that the scratch would cost me $450.00 plus tax and that he would need to keep my car for two days. Well, there was no way that I was paying $450.00 + tax to spot paint over a scatch. Long story short I found a neighborhood mechanic that not only reduced the price to fix the scratch by $400.00, but he told me that my car was not scratched, the superficial damage was residue from another car's bumper that I had rubbed against and that the paint was not damaged underneath. For a $50.00 fee he buffed out the scratch in 10 minutes. The car never needed to be painted in the first place. Do you think that the guy at Maaco could have be honest. Truth be told, he could have told me the job was going to coast $100-$200 and I would have probably fell for that, but $450.00 plus tax was way over the top and I knew he was trying to rip me off.

L
5:07 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

October 2007, I went to Maaco to repair a fender bender and to have my car painted. Of course before work started they went around my car marked it up, and said they would get all the dings out as well. When I went back to pick my car up, I did a visual inspection and notice where the paint had chipped off in a area that wasn't there before, dings were...

9:34 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - it's a bad, bad corporation

I’m an employee of maaco they not only do they treat your car like crap but they treat there customers and workers like crap too.

Also they paint with a paint that has no clear coat basically high gloss house paint. There are like 5 different paint choices, all but one are the same. The other is a real base clear paint but it costs more than a regular shop, and $100 more each for them 2 paint the door jams and under hood and trunk .They only use primer on repairs am on the $900 paint. They just scuff the old paint and spray. Any black on your car that needs to be painted is spray paint. Also they sell you an "Undercoating" also spray paint. The wheal wells are sprayed to cover up the over spray on them.

I spoke up about the shady actions of the company and was suspended for a week then on my return they changed my schedule and didn’t notify me I’ve now filed three different grievances with corporate and they have done nothing.

Do not take your car to maaco you will never get what you wanted and you will never get your money back if they butch the job

Bottom line maaco is a bad bad corporation!

Aug 15, 2014 7:48 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have recently experienced many of the complaints that I have been reading AFTER myself receiving the 'treatment' from the Murfreesboro, tn shop...total liars to the point if there are any warranty issues, I won't bother discussing the matter with them...so far I am out of pocket $hundreds in additional expenses; one of my windows won't close properly; one door no longer opens, etc.

7:14 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - they don't worth your time

Maaco is the worst place I have ever been to. The people there were unprofessional. They took forever on a job that they didn’t even finish! The work that needed repair that they didn’t finish only took one day to fix at the other shop, and the quality is far and beyond better.

The paint job that they did 3 or 4 months ago is already peeling. The hood on my car is still crooked even though we took it back to them a second time and the second time it took them a week and it still was not fixed.

They never finished the job and we are still in utter chaos about money and the repairs. Save yourself the trouble and go some place where they will actually treat you like a human being!

3:48 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am contacting your office to file a complaint against Maaco, Greensboro North Carolina, automobile body and painting shop, for shoddy business practices. On May 8, 2008 we picked up our truck after trusting Maaco to repair body damage and repaint it due to an accident that happened in our driveway. The antenna on the truck had been broken while it was in...

4:39 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - buyer beware of maaco of garwood, nj

I took my 1998 Honda Civic to Maaco Auto body in Garwood NJ on 2/29/08 to repaint my vehicle. I picked up the vehicle on 3/7/08 on a rainy day so I was not able to check out the vehicle for any defects. The following day it stopped raining and I was able to inspect the vehicle for any flaws. Upon inspection I noticed scratches, missing paint on front bumper, dings, paint drip on rear spoiler and back bumper. I returned the vehicle on 3/10/08 to repair all flaws. I picked up the car on 3/14/08 and the only thing that was done was the front bumper. They never touched the rear bumper, spoiler and scratches like they were supposed to. I returned the vehicle on 3/31/08 to have the rear bumper and spoiler re-painted and scratches buffed out. I picked up the car on 4/2/08 and the rear bumper now had paint drips on other areas, the spoiler was never repainted only touched up, I was promised that it would be repainted. They have been rude and no responsive to my problems. They called me "petty" when I pointed out the problems that need to be repaired and said they were done with me after this last repair. I paid them in full and now that they have their money they don’t want to help me. I need help in getting this problem fixed. I will be dropping off the vehicle once again today 4/3/08 to once again have the repairs done. I have lost a total of 3 days of work because of this ordeal and never mind the gas and miles put on that car and my own.

Buyer beware of this body shop! They’re frauds! They’re rude! Dont do business with these people!

Maaco Franchise contacts