Having problems with Maaco Franchise?

Maaco Franchise reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 17, 2007. The latest review Paint Job was posted on Apr 9, 2021. The latest complaint upset about all services was resolved on May 12, 2014. Maaco Franchise has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 49 reviews. Maaco Franchise has resolved 21 complaints.

Maaco Franchise Customer Service Contacts

440 South Church Street, Suite 700
Charlotte, North Carolina

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Maaco Franchise Customer Service. Initial Maaco Franchise complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Maaco Franchise above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Maaco Franchise. Discuss the issues you have had with Maaco Franchise and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Maaco Franchise Complaints & Reviews

Maacoovercharged

Maaco is offering a paint-the-bumper special here in the Northwest, any bumper painted for $99 as advertised extensively in the papers and TV. I went to our local Maaco here in Vancouver, WA and said I wanted to take advantage of their special and have the scratch on my 2005 Dodge Neon bumper painted for $99. The manager, John, told me he would have to charge me another $60 to R&R the bumper plus tax and other charges. I told him I understood the tax part but insisted on the advertised $99 deal.

John got testy, told me he had been painting bumpers for 30 years and there's no way he could honor their $99 deal. I appealed to Maaco Corporate who did not even bother to respond.

cc: AG (local & Maaco corporates), BBB (both states), multiple consumer complaint sites like this one and other consumer complaint resources as they come to mind.

Maacoamateurs and liars

I had Maaco in Pasadena, Texas paint my gas tank and two side pieces for a motorcycle I am restoring. I was clear that the tank, being 25 years old, had some dents and rough spots that needed smoothing out and that two side pieces needed to be painted two toned. Well I got my two side pieces and they were painted one color and for my tank, not only did they just paint over the dents without doing the bodywork, they painted the inside of the tank. As a result of them painting inside my tank, the paint peeled off and has clogged my fuel system. They fixed the work on the side pieces (after pushing back though) and refused to fix the horrible job on the tank or pay any of the damage to my motorcycle.

Not only did they do crappy job, but when I tried talking to them to get this sorted out, they were rude and accused me of being a liar. Things got really absurd when after complaining to the Better Business Bureau, they flat out lied by saying that I became threatening and that everything I claimed in my complaint was not true. Incredible!

Not only are these people not skilled enough to do a decent paint job, but they are dishonest and you should not risk losing your money with these clowns.

JacD51 Sep 16, 2009

I took my 2017 Ford Mustang to be repainted at the Spencer Hwy location in Pasadena. What a lousy paint job, there are spots all over the car where they DID NOT APPLY EMOUGH PAINT and left HUGE SWIRL MARKS ALL OVER THE CAR FROM THE SANDER and you can still see the long deep scratch that was there when I brought it in. The clear coat is horrible...they must use the CHEEPEST CLEAR COAT AVAILABLE.

Don't take your car there unless it's a piece of crap and you don't care how it looks!Very dissapointed.

Maacothey painted my car the wrong color

Maaco in Hempstead, (65 Polk Ave) NY is a rip-off!! I brought my 76 caddy there to be painted BROWN. They painted it GOLD!!! Not even close! They left the door jams, hood and trunk Brown. They want $200 just to paint the door jams. These guys must be color blind!!! Additionally, they lost/stole my mats and broke my convertible top. When I went to consumer affairs, Maaco presented them with documents on which my signature is forged. Not EVEN Close!!! Don't paint your little red wagon there; they’ll paint it green!!! I wouldn't refer ANYBODY to them.

• Ni
          nicole Apr 13, 2009

Went to Macco in Jamaica, Queens, NY. I had a very superficial (what I thought was a scratch) no dents only the scratch, that I wished to have painted over. The "estimator" inspected the vehicle and determined that the scratch would cost me $450.00 plus tax and that he would need to keep my car for two days. Well, there was no way that I was paying $450.00 + tax to spot paint over a scatch. Long story short I found a neighborhood mechanic that not only reduced the price to fix the scratch by $400.00, but he told me that my car was not scratched, the superficial damage was residue from another car's bumper that I had rubbed against and that the paint was not damaged underneath. For a $50.00 fee he buffed out the scratch in 10 minutes. The car never needed to be painted in the first place. Do you think that the guy at Maaco could have be honest. Truth be told, he could have told me the job was going to coast $100-$200 and I would have probably fell for that, but $450.00 plus tax was way over the top and I knew he was trying to rip me off.

Maaco — a shame

October 2007, I went to Maaco to repair a fender bender and to have my car painted. Of course before work...

Maacoit's a bad, bad corporation

I’m an employee of maaco they not only do they treat your car like crap but they treat there customers and workers like crap too.

Also they paint with a paint that has no clear coat basically high gloss house paint. There are like 5 different paint choices, all but one are the same. The other is a real base clear paint but it costs more than a regular shop, and $100 more each for them 2 paint the door jams and under hood and trunk .They only use primer on repairs am on the $900 paint. They just scuff the old paint and spray. Any black on your car that needs to be painted is spray paint. Also they sell you an "Undercoating" also spray paint. The wheal wells are sprayed to cover up the over spray on them.

I spoke up about the shady actions of the company and was suspended for a week then on my return they changed my schedule and didn’t notify me I’ve now filed three different grievances with corporate and they have done nothing.

Do not take your car to maaco you will never get what you wanted and you will never get your money back if they butch the job

Bottom line maaco is a bad bad corporation!

J. A. Davis Aug 15, 2014

I have recently experienced many of the complaints that I have been reading AFTER myself receiving the 'treatment' from the Murfreesboro, tn shop...total liars to the point if there are any warranty issues, I won't bother discussing the matter with them...so far I am out of pocket $hundreds in additional expenses; one of my windows won't close properly; one door no longer opens, etc.

MAACO Auto Paint & Auto Body Repair Servicethey don't worth your time

Maaco is the worst place I have ever been to. The people there were unprofessional. They took forever on a job that they didn’t even finish!! The work that needed repair that they didn’t finish only took one day to fix at the other shop, and the quality is far and beyond better.

The paint job that they did 3 or 4 months ago is already peeling. The hood on my car is still crooked even though we took it back to them a second time and the second time it took them a week and it still was not fixed.

They never finished the job and we are still in utter chaos about money and the repairs. Save yourself the trouble and go some place where they will actually treat you like a human being!!!

Maaco — Lies and poor workmanship

I am contacting your office to file a complaint against Maaco, Greensboro North Carolina, automobile body and...

Maaco Auto Bodybuyer beware of maaco of garwood, nj

I took my 1998 Honda Civic to Maaco Auto body in Garwood NJ on 2/29/08 to repaint my vehicle. I picked up the vehicle on 3/7/08 on a rainy day so I was not able to check out the vehicle for any defects. The following day it stopped raining and I was able to inspect the vehicle for any flaws. Upon inspection I noticed scratches, missing paint on front bumper, dings, paint drip on rear spoiler and back bumper. I returned the vehicle on 3/10/08 to repair all flaws. I picked up the car on 3/14/08 and the only thing that was done was the front bumper. They never touched the rear bumper, spoiler and scratches like they were supposed to. I returned the vehicle on 3/31/08 to have the rear bumper and spoiler re-painted and scratches buffed out. I picked up the car on 4/2/08 and the rear bumper now had paint drips on other areas, the spoiler was never repainted only touched up, I was promised that it would be repainted. They have been rude and no responsive to my problems. They called me "petty" when I pointed out the problems that need to be repaired and said they were done with me after this last repair. I paid them in full and now that they have their money they don’t want to help me. I need help in getting this problem fixed. I will be dropping off the vehicle once again today 4/3/08 to once again have the repairs done. I have lost a total of 3 days of work because of this ordeal and never mind the gas and miles put on that car and my own.

Buyer beware of this body shop! They’re frauds! They’re rude! Dont do business with these people!

Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Paintingcar was not completely painted, poor customer service

On Monday, July 16, 2007, I went to pick up my 2003 Toyota 4 Runner, when I arrived, we did a walk around to inspect the vehicle and I was telling the Manager, Todd, that my step panel was black when I brought the vehicle in, and he disputed with me and husband about the color. He refused to paint the step panel back to the color. As I spoke with him about the vehicle, he walked away, and stated that he would not talk to me. I proceeded and went to speak with the Owner/Mary Lou, and she was very rude to me, in order to prove to them that the panel was black, I asked could I use the phone to call to Texas, and she stated that I could not use the phone. I did not resolve anything, and my step panel is still black. Mary Lou was not helpful and I am a very upset customer. The Manager and the Owner were very unprofessional.

• Ro
                  Robert H Green Nov 14, 2018

Had car painted at Maaco Chino Hills. Hood bubbled 3 times. 4 th time they wanted me to pay 25% of original price with no new warranty. You bet.

• Jd
                  Jdjesus68 Sep 03, 2018

I quit my job because my ex boss has a dirty mouth and the following week I expected to get paid for the day and a half I worked and he refused to pay me .he made a stupid excuse saying that he didn't know If i quit or not

• The Rat Patrol May 02, 2009

So you payed what? $299.95 for a paintjob and you expect these people to bow to your wishes and demands? Get a cell phone and quit being such a tight ###. You get what you pay for. If its brown noseing you want then go to the dealership, they will stick their head up your ### while your paying out the ###.

Comments