Menu
Maaco Franchise
reviews & complaints

Maaco Franchise
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

65 complaints
21 resolved 44 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Maaco Franchise. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
9:34 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - it's a bad, bad corporation

I’m an employee of maaco they not only do they treat your car like crap but they treat there customers and workers like crap too.

Also they paint with a paint that has no clear coat basically high gloss house paint. There are like 5 different paint choices, all but one are the same. The other is a real base clear paint but it costs more than a regular shop, and $100 more each for them 2 paint the door jams and under hood and trunk .They only use primer on repairs am on the $900 paint. They just scuff the old paint and spray. Any black on your car that needs to be painted is spray paint. Also they sell you an "Undercoating" also spray paint. The wheal wells are sprayed to cover up the over spray on them.

I spoke up about the shady actions of the company and was suspended for a week then on my return they changed my schedule and didn’t notify me I’ve now filed three different grievances with corporate and they have done nothing.

Do not take your car to maaco you will never get what you wanted and you will never get your money back if they butch the job

Bottom line maaco is a bad bad corporation!

1 comment
Aug 15, 2014 7:48 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have recently experienced many of the complaints that I have been reading AFTER myself receiving the 'treatment' from the Murfreesboro, tn shop...total liars to the point if there are any warranty issues, I won't bother discussing the matter with them...so far I am out of pocket $hundreds in additional expenses; one of my windows won't close properly; one door no longer opens, etc.

7:14 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - they don't worth your time

Maaco is the worst place I have ever been to. The people there were unprofessional. They took forever on a job that they didn’t even finish! The work that needed repair that they didn’t finish only took one day to fix at the other shop, and the quality is far and beyond better.

The paint job that they did 3 or 4 months ago is already peeling. The hood on my car is still crooked even though we took it back to them a second time and the second time it took them a week and it still was not fixed.

They never finished the job and we are still in utter chaos about money and the repairs. Save yourself the trouble and go some place where they will actually treat you like a human being!

3:48 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am contacting your office to file a complaint against Maaco, Greensboro North Carolina, automobile body and painting shop, for shoddy business practices. On May 8, 2008 we picked up our truck after trusting Maaco to repair body damage and repaint it due to an accident that happened in our driveway. The antenna on the truck had been broken while it was in...

4:39 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - buyer beware of maaco of garwood, nj

I took my 1998 Honda Civic to Maaco Auto body in Garwood NJ on 2/29/08 to repaint my vehicle. I picked up the vehicle on 3/7/08 on a rainy day so I was not able to check out the vehicle for any defects. The following day it stopped raining and I was able to inspect the vehicle for any flaws. Upon inspection I noticed scratches, missing paint on front bumper, dings, paint drip on rear spoiler and back bumper. I returned the vehicle on 3/10/08 to repair all flaws. I picked up the car on 3/14/08 and the only thing that was done was the front bumper. They never touched the rear bumper, spoiler and scratches like they were supposed to. I returned the vehicle on 3/31/08 to have the rear bumper and spoiler re-painted and scratches buffed out. I picked up the car on 4/2/08 and the rear bumper now had paint drips on other areas, the spoiler was never repainted only touched up, I was promised that it would be repainted. They have been rude and no responsive to my problems. They called me "petty" when I pointed out the problems that need to be repaired and said they were done with me after this last repair. I paid them in full and now that they have their money they don’t want to help me. I need help in getting this problem fixed. I will be dropping off the vehicle once again today 4/3/08 to once again have the repairs done. I have lost a total of 3 days of work because of this ordeal and never mind the gas and miles put on that car and my own.

Buyer beware of this body shop! They’re frauds! They’re rude! Dont do business with these people!

12:00 am EDT

Maaco Franchise - car was not completely painted, poor customer service

On Monday, July 16, 2007, I went to pick up my 2003 Toyota 4 Runner, when I arrived, we did a walk around to inspect the vehicle and I was telling the Manager, Todd, that my step panel was black when I brought the vehicle in, and he disputed with me and husband about the color. He refused to paint the step panel back to the color. As I spoke with him about the vehicle, he walked away, and stated that he would not talk to me. I proceeded and went to speak with the Owner/Mary Lou, and she was very rude to me, in order to prove to them that the panel was black, I asked could I use the phone to call to Texas, and she stated that I could not use the phone. I did not resolve anything, and my step panel is still black. Mary Lou was not helpful and I am a very upset customer. The Manager and the Owner were very unprofessional.

3 comments
R
Nov 14, 2018 2:55 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Had car painted at Maaco Chino Hills. Hood bubbled 3 times. 4 th time they wanted me to pay 25% of original price with no new warranty. You bet.

Sep 03, 2018 6:09 pm EDT

I quit my job because my ex boss has a dirty mouth and the following week I expected to get paid for the day and a half I worked and he refused to pay me .he made a stupid excuse saying that he didn't know If i quit or not

So you payed what? $299.95 for a paintjob and you expect these people to bow to your wishes and demands? Get a cell phone and quit being such a tight ###. You get what you pay for. If its brown noseing you want then go to the dealership, they will stick their head up your ### while your paying out the ###.

View 0 more photos