Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Appliances Lowe's LG refrigerator (under warranty)

Lowe's - LG refrigerator (under warranty)

S
Author of the complaint
9:16 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On April 16th, 2022, our refrigerator made a loud pop and quit. We called Lowe's for a repair appt because we have an extended warranty and fridge is only 1 1/2 years old. Spent over an hour and a half on the line. I don't understand why they can't have a better customer service. Anyhow, an appt. was set for April 22nd between 8am and noon. I sat here until 2pm because I had a doctor's appointment and no one ever showed up. Hubby went to Lowe's and told them what had happened. Long story short, the repair had never been submitted! So, the associate apologized and scheduled another appt. The repair guy came out and said it was the mother board and that it would take up to a month or more to get the part and then, he couldn't guarantee that the compressor would be ok. We went to Lowe's to ask if we could get an exchange or something. Spent 2 hours in there. Associate found another compatible fridge. Corporate said "No". Had to give them "more time" to expedite part. After that required date, went back to Lowe's again and after another nearly 2 hours, was told that we had to wait on their "Care Advantage". Called yesterday and was told that they can't find us in their updated insurance system. Had to submit info and a copy of the receipt! How long is it going to take? I explained to them that I have major medical issues. I am going through chemo and radiation. We bought a cheap mini fridge, but not much room. They refuse to honor their warranty. We are ready to take them to court if something doesn't give soon! Ridiculous!

Helpful? 0 0
5 comments
S
May 07, 2022 9:16 am

I am going through the same thing right now regarding the dishwasher. They scheduled a repair guy to come out he never did show. I wasted a whole day from work to wait on somebody to never show up. The repair guy sent me a text message at 10 o’clock at night asking if he can come by first thing in the morning. I told him absolutely not I have to go to work. Then I scheduled a repair guy for a week later he showed up and ordered a part. Two weeks later he comes and installs it but it doesn’t fix the issue. He also could not take the dishwasher out and told me to call the warranty number and have the somebody from Lowe’s come out and take the dishwasher out . I have been on hold for over five hours over the last couple of days just to end up with their system hanging up on me. The repair guy told me that I should hire a handyman to remove the dishwasher out of pocket. I am heading to Lowe’s in person today because I spent 45 minutes on hold trying to get through to the local store. If this doesn’t work out today I will call news channel 8 to see if they want to do a story on it. If that doesn’t work I will buy another dishwasher and file a small claims case against Lowe’s.

Hi Shawn.

I can appreciate your frustration.

How long have you had the dishwasher and, specifically, what seems to be the problem?

Warranty coverage generally provides for a service technician an attempt to repair a unit three (3) times before it's considered unrepairable. This is because some services require more of a trial and error approach to completing the repair. Many times a service technician can only hypothesize what may be creating a problem and then attempt to replace the suspected part. Once the initial replacement doesn't fix the problem, the process continues with the second most likely part an so forth. I know this process sounds daunting, but it's fair and can generally lead to the desired result. Jumping the gun, so to speak, prior to this process running its course, can only create additional delays and frustration; so take the time to work with Lowe's.

Please keep us updated.

Hi Ms Gehrdes.

LG makes a wonderful fridge. They're one of the best rated consumer level fridges in the market.

I wish I could point fault at Lowe's but, since the start of the pandemic, the entire industry has had difficulties with part availability. Unless your warranty guarantees service within a specific timeframe, which it does not, filling in court would likely not help you in any way. The courts understand the issues and are generally sympathetic with the delays.

I would mention to be careful about making such threats to any retailer or manufacturer. In many cases, they'll shut down all form of communication with you as a customer and strictly only allow communication through their legal department. I know that's not what the intention is, so you just want to be wise with your words.

In their case, as harsh as it may sound, it may have been better for them to not even act as if replacing the fridge was an option — kind of like dangling the proverbial carrot, just to yank it away.

Whereas you're in urgent need for refrigeration, I'd suggest looking at something more than a mini and just purchase a secondary traditional that will work as a garage ready fridge. LG makes some wonderful ones that you should be able to find rather inexpensive. It'll take the stress off of needing one right away and serve as a great secondary fridge after your original fridge is serviced.

Sincerely, keep up the fight. Our thoughts are with you.

N
May 06, 2022 9:16 am

I work for a CEO who does not have time to be on hold for 2 hours each time he calls [protected] to have his dryer repaired. I believe this is the service provider for Lowes it's the worst customer service I've ever experienced. When you ask to speak to a manager they tell you that all the managers are on important calls and a simple request such as to please enter a ticket # so that GE repair service can see that I still have a warranty on my dryer that needs a replace belt is so hard for them to do It is either I have it or, I don't which I do have the warranty. You need better trained staff who are not reading from screens and shorter hold times.

M

I appreciate reading your concerns and can gladly be of help.

Whereas you know the belt you need, this site will give you the ability to send the part directly to your boss...

Let us know if there are any other issues.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1311 complaints