Loan Check From University Of Phoenixnever received my check that was sent out on 4/14/09 and today it the 25th

A

My name is Amelia Binai. I live in Callahan, FL and hve been waiting on a check through the mail coming from Phoenix, AZ. The check is coming from my school from my loan company, and was sent out on 4/14 and it's now 4/25 and has not come. If the chack is not in the mail today, my son will lose daycare, my car will not be legal to drive, and I will not have gas money to get to any of my appointments for another 3months or until this check arrives.

I have to have this money to live on and save to pay bills and everyday expenses.

This check not being here already has cost me a lot of time and forced me to lose a lot of opportunities. I hate that this one check is so valuable and that the US Postal Service is the only resort left to point a finger at.

I have to call this afternoon and hope to get a hold of someone from myt school so that I can have this check cancelled and resent to me. Then, I have to wait and hope that it gets to me before someone else's child takes my son's place in daycare, and before my classes are filled at my desired campus. That little piece of paper means the turn around of my life and my financial coordinator and her supervisor ensured me that it was mailed out on the 14 of this month from Phoenix, AZ and the other check did not have this issue.

Please take care to get my mail to me so that my life can be resumed as it needs to be?

• Bo
    Bodbjojgobear62001236200 Jan 10, 2017

I'm the one who posted this and I just wanted to let everyone know what a######s most of you were in your bitter remarks. I worked two jobs and was a single mother for four and a half years straight out of high school. I was getting an education on borrowed money because I couldn't move to the medical school I had a scholarship for. My degree works just fine now and I've paid off my loans. This #### comes up on Google and I found it by accident while playing on my tablet with my toddler. Being rude and hateful doesn't make your statements honest. If you want to open your mouth to say stupid #### then you should chew on glass for a while first ;-) Have a good one!

• Mr
    Mrs.Jenkins22 Oct 25, 2013

It is not right to call people out of their name! And What does it matter what they do with the refund money, it has to be paid back anyway so whats the difference. How can you say that it does not belong to them? Its a loan, meaning it has to be paid back regardless of what they do with it and on top of that, it has to be paid back with interest! People do need that extra money to assistant them, maybe they need an computer or pay the internet bill so that they can continue to go to school!! So all the negative comments is plain put pointless!

• Ro
    ROD/GTX Aug 06, 2011

THIS IS A SCAM ITS TRUE MY FRIENDS IM DISABLED I TOLD THEM IM NOT WORKING AND THEY DAID BUT THIS WILL HELP YOU ON REPAIRS AT HOME NOT TRUE COST ME ANOTHER DEBT NO I GET CALLS WONTING MONEY NO A THING TO SHOW FOR THE DOWN PAYMENT
    THEY NEED TO BE PUT OUT OF PRACTICE BBB

• Tr
    trentsmommy10 Dec 06, 2010

For those who call the ones idiots and say school refunds are not for personal uses, what the hell do you think a refund is. It's money you dedicated your damn time while in a whole semester passing your class. If you dont pass the class you get put on probation and you don't recieve a check. Until your in a situations as these other people don't point your finger at no one and call anyone an idiot. yes your intitled to your opinion but keep it to yourself

• Da
    Darkgoddezz Sep 09, 2010

It is September 9th and I'm still waiting for my loan money. The Apollo group has it, but is refusing to release it . Is this legal? Shouldn't they owe me interest? The University of Phoenix is looking more and more like a like a big SCAM. I want out!

• Yo
    youarereallydumb Jun 28, 2010

"yall"

"hate on ppl"

I apologize. I did't realize how bad you needed an education.

• Th
    ThoroughBread Jun 27, 2010

Actually, the definition of "school expenses" includes transportation (like gas money) housing (like rent) and even child care expenses. Maybe some of yall should actually see the definition of what school expenses are before you rant. As long as she's not spending it on things that will not help her stay in school (like food, gas, rent, and childcare so she can attend classes) she's using the money the way it should be used. Businesses depend on loans ALL THE TIME to ensure they stay afloat. Why do we hate on ppl that have to use loan money to cover expenses so they can get an education and get better paying jobs??? stop being so stuck up.

• Ia
    iamchase Aug 10, 2009

"I have not received mines neither and im very PISSED!!!"

I am not surprised at all that you are "PISSED"

It's not a free check from the goverment to pay your bills and put gas in your car. It is to cover school expenses. Just so you know... you WILL have to pay that money back! Check you balance in your student account... You probably owe about $2, 000. The check you are getting is probably around $2, 000! If you take the check and put it towards your outstanding balance, then you would have zero debt at the end of school.

Get a job to pay for your bills.

Be happy that a school is willing to teach you something, without an aptitude test.

You guys obviously wouldn't have passed one.

Annie Scott Aug 08, 2009

I was seriously thinking about going to this College, but the horror stories that I am hearing about are scary ok Unlike a regular Unviersity you have to wait about a month before you money is put in to your accounts but you will get it. Is this Univestity the same way give or take the time frame at some point you do get your refund don't you. Please help before I start this University.

• Mi
    misunderstood Jun 27, 2009

i have just started and i am very worried. at the end of the day the loan and grant money is for you to go to school and live off of. millions of students at regular universities get refunds back with no problem and so should we. the money is hers and she should be able to spend it as she sees fit. i dont understand why this is even a discussion. if there is a credit then cut the check and move on. for all this drama i could have gone to a university here.

• Ri
    Ripper offs Jun 19, 2009

Nikwy and Logican I knew it was the two ###s. Them the ones that Axia pay them to straight their reputation up. But it is not working at all.

• Ri
    Rip Off Jun 18, 2009

whatever you say thief. Don't choke trying to swallow your sausage. I know you are one of them sitting in your butt getting our money. If you call Axia Online "College" than you are so full of it because the name is not University of Phoenix. Maybe if you get some knowledge then you will not be a ### trying to explain hundreds of students why they have problems with Axia Online. You should get a job with them in ripping students off. Let it be heard, first amendment the right for freedom of speech. Don't try to silence us, Liars Liars you won't shut us that easily. Don't call nobody an idiot. You are the idiot with an undergraduate degree. What heppen could'nt keep up with a master degree Nikwy

• Ni
    nikwy Jun 09, 2009

you are an idiot, financial aid money is for school related purposes not for your personal expenses.

• Je
    Jen May 29, 2009

I had issues receiving my loan check as well. I called my financial advisor several times when I finally spoke with her she didn't seem to care. She said she would call me back, so I waited a week before she returned my phone call. She said she was not sure what was going on but she was going to look into it and get back with me again. I had waited long enough for her to give me an answer, so I called this number 602.557.5566 and complained. The person I spoke with advised me on what to do, which was call my financial advisors manager. So, I did I informed the manager on what was occurring and how upset I was. I felt like they were trying to cheat me out of my loan money, which I HAVE TO PAY BACK. I threatened to call corporate and inform them of what was going on. Well, I received my check 2 days later. It's been several months since the incident and I have yet to hear from my financial advisor. My only concern now is I’m supposed to receive a second check in a couple of months. I hope this time around the check will be here in the time frame they said it would be.

• Lo
    Logicandreason May 28, 2009

More stupid people that think a Student Loan checks is money to live off of. Be grateful that you have a chance to get an education, through an adult friendly University. Try to get into a Major University with no money, and a child that demands your time. Even if you got in, you would drop out at the first life-/+ school conflict. Instead of complaining about money that you have no right too, be grateful, and remember that its not any schools fault you made bad decisions in your life and ended up in this financial situation. Accountability- an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for ONES actions.

Comments

• Tr
    truquinnton May 17, 2009

I have not received mines neither and im very PISSED!!!