Liberty Travel/Disney WorldTickets

My family have been in America for six years and had first family trip since my family have imigrated to America. I would like to share my experiences that happened during the trip.

My family had a contract with Liberty Travel in Flushing, NY. We were suppose to be in Florida from January 14th to 17th with airplane tickets, hotel, rental car and 4 day hopper ticket in Disney World for family.

According to the contract, I have to pickup the disney tickets at the hotel. So we went to hotel to check-in and asked to frontdesk people to give disney 4day hopper tickets. But female worker at the front desk told us to go to diseny world to pickup the ticket. Because they don’t have it.

So we called Liberty Travel and my agent, Leo, was off on January 14th Saturday.

Other agent, Grace, at same Liberty Travel office at Flushing tell us to pick up the ticket at the Disney World.

So we went to Disney World and checked with Disney World ticket booth lady. The lady says there is no such reservation for 4 day hopper ticket for 4 people.

She told us the ticket number that we had in voucher is wrong.

Because reservation number is suppose to be with three first-letters of my first name and one last-letter of my last name plus some numbers, ((Ex) Brian Rodriguess -> BRIS) but we had strange initial .

In front of the ticket booth, we called Liberty Travel, and the agent, Grace, and the ticket booth worker was finding the 4 day hopper tickets for 2 hours, but they could not find the tickets at all.

The travel agent, Grace, told us to “Buy the 1 day hopper tickets for your family and bring the recipt with you when you come back. We will refund you. And next three days, from 15th to 17th, you have to deal with Leo who is your agent.” And she disconnected the phone call because that is not her job.

So we bought the tickets at that place and went in to Disney world.

Next day, Grace told that my agent will call me, but he did not call us before 11 so we called to travel agent again, but Leo said “I can not refund money of your 1 day hopper tickets.”

So we said “didn’t you say your company will deal with that?”

Then he said “Oh. I will refund all the money include 4day hopper tickets for family and 1day hopper tickets that you purchased.”

And we have the Email that he sent. That was on 16th January.

My family had to deal with that for 3days despite we had only 4days to travel.

After we returned to New York, we request refund for 4day hopper tickets that we did not use, but Leo, the agent, said “this is not our company fault. I will deal with Disney and get refund.” And he changed his attitude.

And we requested refund for 1day hopper and he said “Grace tell a lie to you because Our company people thought that tickets will ruin the travel” so he repeated “I will deal with Disney to give refund, not from liberty travel!”

I think there is a big contradiction. He said my family name written wrong at the Disney but how can we get into airplane, rental car and hotel without any problem of name. how come only Disney have a problem with names?

One who did wrong is Liberty Travel, not us, because we checked everything that Leo writes on the computer when I pay the money for the traveling.

I remember the ticket booth lady. She listened to our experiences and advised us “choose good travel company when you do that.”

The ticketing problem occurred and reported on 14th January but office said they will check with Disney World when our family came back to new york.

I know during the traveling any types of problems can be happened, but travel agents and companys have responsibilities to resolve these problems rapidly.

Liberty Travel never try to solve problem they just avoid the responsiblities and try to waste our time in the traveling.

This is my family’s first travel since we came to America and Liberty travel messed up our priceless and valuable travel.

I am very tired to wait without any notice from travel agents and liberty travel.

Leo told us that he will notice it without any specific date to notify

I hope everything is solved as soon as possible and give thank to everyone who read this long letter.

I have evidences that support refund from Leo and recipts that we bought plus disney ticket copy