Liberty Mutual Insurancetv commercials

F Jan 06, 2020 Review updated:

Does the "man" who participates in the tv commercials, wearing the yellow shirt and with a large bird (emu?) have ANY self respect? How anyone who has even a minor amount of self respect could participate in such commercials is beyond comprehension.

For years liberty has run some of the most "male bashing" commercials I have ever had the misfortune to view and hear. It has gotten to the point when I see or hear one of liberty's commercials, I either change channels immediately, or hit the mute button. In most of the commercials, the male is required to appear in clothing best suited to be worn while performing yard work, while standing next to a well dressed female. Then of course, the male has been required to act stupid or make some simple-minded comment.

I equate the quality of service/performance/product a company provides with the quality of its commercials, Needless to say, I'd never have insurance from liberty. What I can't understand is why they'd have such commercials. Males purchase the majority of insurance. Why go out of your way to offend half the population and the majority of your customers. Male customers of liberty insurance, WAKE UP. Are you going to continue to be humiliated by liberty and not even know it?

I don't need to submit any photos/videos. liberty knows its offensive commercials (all of them).

• Ju
    Judy Broad May 07, 2021

Liberty mutual have brain dead commercials. Wet teddy bears?
    Emu half dead jerk.
    Who authorises thede foolish commercials?
    They must be paid a loooot of money to be stupid.
    Come on liberty. Dont take for as stupid.

• Lt
    Lt.Col.Mark May 07, 2021

How about firing your ad agency, STOP wasting $MILLIONS on stupid TV commercials, and use the money saved to actually pay out legitimate claims & provide real humans for customer service interactions instead of a robot with a "female" voice telling callers to go online or send a text message?

• Ev
    Eve Stelzenmuller May 04, 2021

My parents and I are here deriding the Liberty Mutual commercials and agreeing that the "wet teddy bear" is a new low. Heck, bring back Zoltan.

• St
    SteveDBailey May 03, 2021

Are your ads written by kids in High School? When was the last time you sold a policy to an Emu? When and what state licensed a wet teddy bear kiosk? Wow, and then you have an arrogant middle aged male walking around with his Emu selling insurance, got to be High School!!!

• Ke
    Kevin McAvoy May 02, 2021

Their ad campaign has so activated my oppositional reflex, I now have a permanent cramp.

• De
    Dennis Preshaw May 02, 2021

It appears to me that Liberty Mutual Insurance company is trying to bring on board an Emu that never relates to the public. It is a poor imitation of what the Gecko is in the Geico Commercials. I love the Gecko but I despise the Emu. There is nothing that brings in the public like a character that we all can relate to. The Gecko is heartwarming but there is nothing about the Emu that does anything for me. The wet Teddy Bear commercial is so stupid that I wonder why the man behind the cart would even consent to do it. The best commercial that I have seen is the actor who messes up his lines and then has to have it overdubbed. The overdubbing didn't match the movements of the actor's mouth which made it funny. I usually say nothing about commercials because they usually are funny and entertaining. The up and coming actor was the best. The kid inside the telephone is another terrible commercial.

• Tr
    tralfaz113 Apr 30, 2021

Totally obnoxious, idiotic, and uninspired commercials. Their pathetic jingle, "Liberty, Liberty, " shows absolutely no talent or imagination. Please STOP, STOP. These tiresome commercials are unrelated to insurance (auto or otherwise) and do nothing to make me want to know more about them. Nothing (clever) here. Will never purchase.

• St
    Stuart Melnick Apr 30, 2021

I WOULD never buy their insurance if they think these stupid commercials will get them business

• Ho
    Howard M. Stine Mar 25, 2021

To Whom it May Concern,
    I have an observation regarding your latest T.V. commercial. I believe the premise of the ad is to promote the idea that auto insurance with your company is "tailorable" to one's individual need, (i.e. don't pay for coverage you don't need). However, the "wet teddy bear" ad seems to me, at least, to convey a message that is completely antithetical to that idea. Obviously the man in the commercial wants a hotdog. Instead he is handed a Wet Teddy Bear. Hence, he walks away seemingly completely baffled and with what he clearly did not expect and certainly did not want. Maybe I am just stupid, but can you explain how this promotes the idea that you only pay for what you need at Liberty Mutual. If the ad is intended to be funny, believe me it isn't and in my mind turns people off. I would suggest that your ad people can certainly come up with something that at least makes sense to the average viewer. H.M. Stine