LGI Homespoor customer service

P

My husband and I had an appointment to meet with a salesman for LGI Homes to view a couple of the model homes for the Painted Meadow subdivision in the Houston area on March 19, 2016. Approximately eight hours before we were to meet with the agent, I was rushed to the hospital with kidney stones. Out of common courtesy, my husband contacted the agent we were scheduled to meet with - still SEVEN HOURS BEFORE the scheduled appointment - at the cell number the agent had been using to contact us just days before. No answer. He had to leave a voicemail and as a backup he also sent a text message saying we had a family emergency and would need to reschedule our appointment for a later date. We never got a response from the agent to either the text message or the voicemail. When I returned to work a few days later, I emailed the agent requesting to reschedule our appointment to look at some model homes. I never got a reply to my request. A few days after that, I sent an email to another agent that had been sending me advertisements about LGI Homes in the Houston area via email asking to schedule another appointment and I never got a response from him, either. To this date, it has been nearly 2 months and my husband and I have never heard back from anyone in that company and we have never been shown a single model home! Clearly this company does not put customer service as a priority. Since this experience my husband and I have decided to take our business elsewhere and we will never waste our time on LGI Homes again! They certainly have made our first experience as home buyers a memorable one!