LGrefrigerator

M

In July of 2015 I purchased a LG refrigerator. In March of 2016 the freezer stopped working. Ice cream and popsicles turned to mush and the meat started to defrost. So I moved everything to the basement freezer. I called the repairman and he came to look at it. He had no idea what was wrong with it because he could not find anything that would have caused it to stop working. He ordered parts for it at $358 and 2 weeks later came back to put them in. By the time he came back to fix it the refrigerator part of it had gotten warm and had stopped working. I lost about $200 worth of food. The repairman was shocked that the refrigerator had stopped. He said that in the 15 years that he has been a repairman he has only seen this happen 3 other times. So we then had to wait 2 more weeks for a new compressor to be installed. Once that was installed, he was not sure that that was going to fix the problem. So because it took so long to get parts and have everything up and running we ended up having to go out and buy a smaller refrigerator to put in the garage so that we could have some cold food and ice. This was finally repaired at the end of May 2017 and the freezer is starting to act up again by not keeping things frozen. I have reached out to LG and I have reached out to the store that I bought it from and all I am getting is smooth talk. LG finally said that they would give me $175 for compensation after I contacted the local TV station and their call for action and getting the Consumer Protection complaint department involved. I will never buy another LG product as long as I live, even if it is the only company left on the planet. It is inexcusable to not stand by your products when they cost as much money as they do.

• Jw
    jwwbrennan Sep 13, 2019

My experience indicates the only way to deal with the company and the problem is by searching 'class action LG refrigerator' and try to join all the others in their attempts to get a worthwhile response. It would also be helpful if everyone who has LG problems left honest reviews everywhere available. It may not help the reviewer at this point but wouldn't it have been nice if someone else did that before your purchase?

• Vi
    Vicki Lapidus Sep 02, 2019

Would really like some help here.

• Vi
    Vicki Lapidus Sep 02, 2019

Purchased an LG French Door refrigerator April 22nd 2011. Model #LFX28978SW. Everything was fine until this year. If I leave the doors open after the warning beep the refrigerator shuts down . No lights nothing works. I ran down stairs and flipped the switch on my breaker box and when I came back upstairs it was running. This happened twice. I called repairman and he has deduced that it is probably one of the circuit panels but does not know which one. Could someone please advise me on which circuit panel to purchase. Replacing all of the circuit panels would be so expensive I would probably just have to throw this refrigerator out and purchase another Please help!