LGfrench 4-door refrigerator

J Nov 24, 2017 Review updated:

I purchased a French 4-Door Refrigerator (Valued at $4000) from LG in March 2016 and 18 months later it has died. My 10yo Samsung in the garage is still going strong. LG sends a tech to replace the Compressor and another part and it dies 2 weeks later. Tech came back out and says it may be a leak within the walls of the fridge and leaves. I call LG to request to have replaced because I don't want a pieced together product when I thought I was getting a good fridge and they said NO that my fridge doesnt qualify to be replaced and they want to send a Tech out a 3rd time. Meanwhile I missed Thanksgiving without a fridge and I'm not guaranteed I'll have one for Christmas. I purchased this fridge because it was supposed to be one of the best. Now they want to take it apart and replace parts again. They never returned my calls I would have to chase them down. Absolutely the worst customer service EVER! and the I would NEVER purchase another LG product again. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR A BUY SAMSUNG!!!

• S
      Nov 24, 2017

Hi James.

Appreciated reading your complaint.

Actually I prefer LG to any other consumer level refrigerator within the market. I'm quite heavily involved within the industry and recommend LG very highly.

It is true that there is a process which needs to take place in order for a product to be serviced. Generally the warranty on most appliances is a one year-limited coverage. With LG, they also guarantee the compressor for 10 years, but on a pro-rated bases.

When you purchased the refrigerator, most retailers offer additional warranty coverage. Although it can be offered as a benefit to simply buying from a particular retailer, it usually comes at a nominal cost. Was this something you elected to purchase?

Knowing this, I may be able to provide some additional information to get the issue taken care of more easily. If it isn't already remedied, please drop me another note.