LG ElectronicsWashing machine

G Aug 21, 2020

We purchased an LG washing machine, model no. 81256 on January 15th, 2013. I had extended the warranty and service contract with the Brimag company until mid-January, 2020.

The machine performs well and we were very satisfied with our purchase, until a major breakdown occurred in November, 2019, when the digital control card burned out and had to be replaced. This was included in the warranty, but unfortunately, due to the card not being in stock in Israel, it ultimately took around 3 months to finally get the card and repair the machine. At one point the Brimag company provided us with a replacement machine to take ours for service in their central facility.

When our machine was returned, it indeed worked properly in terms of the various washing functions, BUT it was clear to us that the fierce shaking and vibrations of the machine during the spin rinse cycle had become much worse than 'normal'. We called for service and indeed, the technician came, and after making some adjustment of the machine legs, announced that all was in proper repair. However, to this day, whenever we use the spin rinse cycle, the machine literally 'dances' and at the end of the wash, must be pushed back into place. The range of movement can be 12 or more centimeters, not to mention the banging against the wall or any other item placed next to the machine for storage (like a folding table).

Due to our unpleasant experience with Brimag, I did NOT renew a service contract with them, and nor did they approach me to do so. I do receive service from a local private appliance company, though I have not yet required their services.

In any case, despite what the technician said, there is obviously a problem with our machine, and all indications are that it was caused/began WHILE IN BRIMAG'S facility. Of course, since the machine works and does its job, with no indication of something being wrong, we have no reason to request a 'repair', since, ostensibly, 'noting is broken' as they say.

But of course, no one will admit there is a problem that may have been caused by the service company, which might expose them to liability for the problem and the need to compensate us.

I therefore decided to write to you directly. I do not know if there is any way to remedy the problem, and if we have to continue living with this issue, then so be it. HOWEVER, it is more than clear to us at this point that if we have to purchase a new machine - which we may have to do - we will NOT CONSIDER LG, both because of the fact that obtaining a crucial part took so long AND the unprofessional attitude and service we received from your 'official' franchise service company in Israel, Brimag.

I would write more, but I have to go right now and push the washing machine back in place!

I do hope that this complaint will be actually read and considered, though I have my doubts. This entire experience is simply bad business for LG, because at this point you have lost a customer. That may not overly concern the powers-that-be at LG, but that is our only way of showing our dissatisfaction of what we consider to be poor and unprofessional service, not to mention terrible customer relations.

• Js
    JSBlake Aug 24, 2020

I’m sorry to hear you had this issue. So we can better investigate your issue please contact LG Customer Support by direct message via Twitter or Facebook using (@LGUS). Also, please include your name, physical address, email address, model and serial number and a brief description of your issue to expedite a resolution for you.

As always, thanks for choosing LG!