Lennar Corporationlennar construction quality - 80+ construction defects and they just ignore homeowners

I would never recommend Lennar to anyone. It's the one thing in my life I wish I could have changed. It's been a nightmare that has been going on for almost five years, but will try and summarize some of it below. In January 2012, I contracted with WCI Communities (now Lennar) to build a dream home in the Westshore Yacht Club neighborhood located in Tampa, FL.

At the time, I could have absolutely no idea of the nightmare I was about to walk into and one that continues with no end in sight.

The total estimated cost to repair all the Lennar construction defects is nearly $300, 000, which includes extensive mold remediation throughout the new construction home. Although the builder acknowledged the construction issues, the senior executives I was working with eventually went silent and ignored all Lennar home warranty requests and repairs.

The issues involve electrical issues, HVAC problems, mold exposure, structural defects, water intrusion/damage, metal corrosion and environmental concerns.

I still have more than 80+ ongoing construction defects. Lennar has inspected them all, agreed to make the repairs and then just became silent. I have all the communications organized, including call logs and emails. If you look at social media posts, I am far from the only one that Lennar just suddenly goes silent on when so many serious issues are presented.

After several inspections and meetings (including the District President at my home), they have just stopped communicating, even after admitting that the construction was not done correctly and agreeing to many of the disputed repairs. My belief - just as with the old builder - is the home is not only beyond repair, but the issues go well outside of just my home.

All anyone wants to do is keep inspecting and then they become silent. After the last meeting, they were supposed to send an updated issues sheet (I have a detailed spreadsheet dating back to 2014 that lists all the construction issues along with each response as it went from builder, builder's inside legal, builder's outside legal and now Lennar), but have not received that or a response. The last time I heard from the three executives was in June 2016.

I had since heard from another Lennar executive about replacing two improperly installed and defective A/C units, but again just stopped hearing from them. That seems to be what they do. Again, I have all the communications and call logs to show this.

MOLD & ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
They witnessed mold in many places and continue to do nothing and let me live here. My plumbing and metals in confined spaces (even the oven) are corroding. The initial suspicion was Chinese drywall, but since it is suspected that something subterraneous is coming into the homes. There was a factory here and land remediation was not completed (that was confirmed by the DEP and EPC).

For example, none of my ceiling fans work in either the main house or guest retreat. Upon one of their inspections, they found that the insides of the fans were rusted and corroded with no signs of water damage around. There are no signs of rusting or corroding outside of the fans or appliances.

Water intrusion has happened and they determined it was improperly installed roof flashing as well as A/C units that have flooded and caused mold because they weren't installed correctly. Yet they continue to let it happen. I've had over two dozen air conditioner malfunctions in just over four years.

My health continues to decline. More importantly, my quality of life and work have greatly diminished as I work out of my home.

My life has completely changed since I moved here and nothing is changing. Every aspect of my life - health, emotional, financial, career, relationships - has been greatly impacted in the last four years. The stress alone - taking the potential environmental factors out of it - as you can imagine has been great and taken its toll in so many ways.

I've wanted to sell my Lennar home and get the equity out, but again - I can't even list it. That's not my fault. I have continued to be cooperative for almost FIVE years but nothing is getting done. Buyers beware and do your homework. Lennar is not a good company to do business with at all.

I've documented as much as I can at https://mylennarhome.com if you want more details.