[Resolved] La-Z-Boyreturn policy

J Nov 24, 2017 Review updated:

We returned to La-Z-Boy to purchase a new recliner. While there discussed purchasing furniture in near future for another room in the home. Unfortunately, due to our experience, we are not comfortable with purchasing additional furniture from your company.
Our power recliner was delivered today. Once delivered we realized the cord would run through our family room due to position of chair. This was not something we were thinking of when we were contemplating colors and style etc. I called the store immediately. (tags still on chair / old chair not even removed yet) We hoped to exchange it for the manual chair. We were told that their is a 30% restocking fee and additional deliver. This fee could not be waived even though the furniture had not been with us for more than an hour. The only option was to purchase an additional 220.00 battery pack -(this was on sale). Although I understand the need for a restocking fee, I did not realize it would be immediate. I was not home when the chair was delivered and arrived about ten minutes after. It was at this point I noticed the long black cord stretching across the room. Hence my immediate call to the store.
If it is the companies policy to limit the sales associates ability to satisfy customers shame on you. If it is not, shame on the sales associate for making it seem there was absolutely nothing he could legally do. He did inform us that it is illegal to sell a piece of furniture that has been delivered to a home, which is the reason for the restocking fee. I find it extremely hard to believe that chairs can not be returned! Even if the chair was used as a model in one of your stores. We were more than willing to return the chair and exchange it for another from La-Z-Boy. I am extremely disappointed, and was sure that we would have the same satisfaction with this purchase as our last from La-Z-Boy. Sadly, this was not our experience 8 years later.

Sincerely,
Lisa Kaczorowski

• Resolution Statement

Lay-z-boy has resolved the problem. They were apologetic and integrity was Restored.

• P
      Nov 24, 2017

My only knowledge of having issues re-selling furniture is if it's something electrical that has been installed or altered, which it doesn't sound like your recliner was. It might be a state law though I cannot say for sure.

While you haven't really used it, the product is now considered used if they were to attempt to re-sell it. They would take a loss on the product, which is why there is a restocking fee. It is important to check return policies before making purchases like this. They can't just make exceptions for you because you did not pay attention. This isn't fair to the company or to other customers.