Menu
La-Z-Boy
reviews & complaints

La-Z-Boy
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

298 complaints
44 resolved 254 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of La-Z-Boy. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
2:21 pm

La-Z-Boy - poor quality

Purchased a recliner for just under 1000.00. There is very little padding on this expensive chair. You can feel the wood hit you in the arm the back cushion collapses when you sit in it, the seat cushion compressed so much that it kept sliding under the back. The back of the chair wobbles as though it is going to fall off. When we pointed this out to the repair person they said they were all like that. They replaced the seat cushion but that is all they did. I went to this company and paid alot of money because I thought we were buying quality. What you see on the showroom floor is not what you get. This chair was purchased so my 80 year old aunt would have a comfortable chair when she visits for 3 months each year. Now I am shopping for a 2 or 3 hundred dollar chair to replace it and I'll just buy a new one every few years.

2 comments
S
Mar 20, 2009 3:20 pm

I bought a lazy by sectional that has one recliner. As soon as I purchased it, the recliner worked very hard & didn't seem to work right. They sent a repair man. Even when he was done, I said it still worked hard & didn't seem to work right. He also said that is how they all are. We only used the recliner 4 or 5 times & already it does not work at all. I have called Lazy Boy & I am waiting for them to call me back to fix what should have been fixed the first time. I also bought Lazy Boy for the quality & I am disappointed in my purchase. Hopefully, they can fix it this time, but I feel that the first repair man knew that it was not functioning properly & just didn't know how to fix it or just didn't care. This is not what I expect from Lazy Boy.

Aug 15, 2008 5:11 pm

This company has more than 80 years in business. When you are purchasing a chair for someone else is always hard! what fits you it might not fit that someone well.

No other company out there is going to offer you parts for life or show you how that chair is build. LaZBoy does. I got three recliners from them and I am very happy with them but I also made a mistake I purchased one for for husband that was too small for him and for his weight most of their recliners can tolerate up to 300 pounds but he was more than that it was my fault. So in the end I end up buying a big man chair he has it for over five yearss!

If this chair can put up to mu husbands weight everyday & he is 355 pounds I'm sure is built to last longer than the ones out there!

Give them another try but this time if you are getting it for some else remenber to bring that someone along so you make the right choice also
if you think what they have in floor is diff. than what you get that is not the case is the same thing find out if you can pick it up at their warehouse or what if you receive it and you are not happy with it or in the end can you get the one from the floor? I still think better to find out the "what if" first.
I'm sure they eventually will work something with you...they did with me...right away the same day I called them when I got that chair and I was able to get another one instead but this time I told my husband to come with me he's the one that is going to be on that chair not me...

one of my recliners is about 15 years old still works fine!

I am a very happy lazboy customer will continue if they continue to build them the same way!

12:50 pm

La-Z-Boy - leather

I purchased an almost $3, 000 leather reclining sofa and chair & 1/2 from La Z Boy exactly a year ago. After 6 months there was noticeable wear and chaffing of the leather on the seat cushions. They came out and replaced the seats, then shortly after the seat started showing wear and chaffing on the chair (that was used less). They replaced that. Now it's about 6 months in, and it is starting to wear and chaff again. Bottom line: La Z Boy leather is no better and shows wear like I have had the pieces for 10 years or more within 6 months. I started complaining again recently because I have seen the Tech in my house; first to check the furniture then back out again to reinstall new seats: 4 times in the last year (more than I see some of my close relatives)! Buy a cheaper set than I did, may last longer than mine did from a company I would have thought had a high quality leather-was I wrong!

E
5:49 am

La-Z-Boy - poor quality custom order furniture

7/30/2008 7:29:43 AM - I ordered a custom sectional sofa and when it was delivered the couch was slanted/sloped, the chaise and the couch were different shades and the couch had a slight tear on the back. Lazyboy sent a technician/investigator on July 11th, took the information and pictures, but I haven't heard anything since then. I called on July 28 and the person I talked to said the system was down and she would call me back with a status. I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Although I read the negative reviews about Lazyboy online, I hoped to resolve this issue without resorting to contacting the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Protection Advocacy Agencies.

L
5:44 pm

La-Z-Boy - delivered broken

Approximately 4 weeks ago I purchased 2 lazy boy recliners from Conn's in the White Settlement area of Fort Worth, TX 76108.

The chairs were delivered at the promised time. That was the end of "customer service". One of the chairs was broken (wood frame under the chair is split). I have made repeated calls to the store but have gotten nowhere. A furniture repair place (Kelley's) did come out about 2 weeks later and said that the chair could not be fixed. I later received parts from a furniture company? with no explanation.

My husband and I are 94 and 84 years of age. I called and complained for 2 weeks to the local Conn's store, speaking with Van Woods (store manager). I was told that he could do nothing about replacing the broken chair and that cooperate headquarters were the only people that could authorize an exchange. He was very nice and understanding but took no action to replace the chair to my satisfaction.

I then contacted my daughter, Donna Beaver, who lives 2 hours north of Fort Worth to do something about this situation as I was not getting anywhere with any satisfaction. As of today, July 29, 2008 nothing has been done. My daughter has called the store 2-3 times a week and has spoken with Van Woods (store manager) Billy (assistant manager) Ron, Chris, Cody Beason and Charles Doty (salesmen). They have all listened to the saga but no one seems interested in taking the ball and doing something about it. Cannot someone he the hero and make this customer happy?

What should my next move be? Each time my daughter calls and speaks with one of the above men, if they are available and not on the phone, they say they will call and speak with me (I live 2 blocks from the store). No one from Conn's has yet to return any calls to my home# or to my daughter's home#. For example, my daughter called this evening and spoke with Ron (salesman) at the store - Van Woods (store manager) was on the phone and he said that he would return the call. No call for over a hour. she called back and he had left for the day!

N. Lynn Griffin, customer

903.892.6717

2 comments
J
Sep 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Bought two Leather Recliners that rock and turn around last winter. We have had to have the repair man for one of the chairs twice. They have replaced the parts under the chair and it just gets louder and louder. I can no longer use it. I am very upset about this. I need something done about this.

Jun 20, 2009 4:02 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I found this note during my trials with Conn's. I'm afraid that it's probably too late to help the Griffins, but I had a similar experience with Van Woods at Conn's that I was finally able to resolve. Perhaps my experience will help the next reader.

We bought a lower priced Whirlpool clothes washer at the Conn's on Hulen Street, and were immediately dissatisfied. It was way too loud and although the timer dial had a "delicate" setting (that to us implied a 2-speed motor), if you set it to delicate, it would just run at full speed, pause, and then run at full speed again. That isn't delicate! Initially we tried to make-do by closing the utility room door and doing delicates by hand, but after having the washer for less than a week and a half it broke down due to a manufacturer's defect in the timer.

We bought the washer at a local brick-and-mortar store for service after the sale and because Conn's has a 30-day return policy. (After all, you can't "try out" a washer in a store). We contacted the then-store manager to return the washer or exchange it for a different model and were told that she could not process a return because the washer was broken! She said that we had to go through the service department for a return. The service department told us that they could not handle a return, only a repair. We weren't interested in keeping the washer since we were dissatisfied with it before it ever broke, so we again contacted the store. The managers had since changed to Van Woods and asst. manager Billy Brink, and they said the same thing- no returning the washer (even though we were still within the 30-day return period) because it was broken!

After multiple attempts to contact Conn's corporate customer service by phone (no help there), speaking to Conn's DFW service manager Greg Leblanc (no help there), trying to contact Conn's district manager Clay Roberts (wouldn't even return phone calls, so no help there), we finally got a response to an email sent to Conn's customer service. Never mind that the response to the email came after THREE MONTHS!

It turns out that Conn's is apparently being investigated by the Texas Attorney General's Office for their handling of extended warranties, and in response to that investigation and other issues they have recently created a "Customer Help Group" that dug up our old thus-far-ignored email and contacted us. The Customer Help Group really seems to want to help, and is actually EMPOWERED to help. They not only resolved my problem to my satisfaction (took the washer back, refunded ALL of my payments including delivery fees, waived the re-stocking fee, etc.) but they also arranged to have district manager Clay Roberts and store manager Van Woods call me to apologize for their lack of help.

I would encourage anyone with a customer service issue to speak with the store manager and try to resolve the problem. But failing that, try calling Conn's customer service department at [protected] and ask for help. If the customer service agent can't or won't help (or just transfers you around aimlessly or cuts you off), ask for the Customer Help Group. If you have a legitimate concern and are willing to be persistent, I'll bet that you'll eventually get the help you'll need from them.

Hope this helps.

12:02 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Don't buy La-z-boy recliners the fabric will not hold up. I bought a recliner 16 months ago and the fabric already is wearing through. Warranty is only 12 months and La-z-boy refuses to do anything after warranty expires. Call store referred me to customer service. Will not help you after warranty time had expired. No discount, no nothing. I truly recommend...

6:54 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a recliner from our local store in North Aurora and was told the delivery charge would be $59.99. After a discussion with my husband he said he would pick it up. I called and was told I would have to go to the Bolingbrook store which is not real close to our home to pick it up or pay a $35 charge to pick it up at our local store. Who deliver...

L
12:48 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased a sectional sofa from this store on 9/4/06 and it was delivered on 11/13/06. We were told all of the area's that touched the body were made of leather. In about Feb. of 2008 I noticed that the arm of the recliner at the front was cracking. I called the salesman Ron Socher and told him the problem, he put me in contact with the Stainsafe...

12:30 am

La-Z-Boy - this company is a legal thief

I special ordered a sofa and loveseat from Lazeboy last August, 2007. I finally received everything I ordered in November, 2007.

When the order arrived I was stunned to see that the napped fabric I special ordered was put on the furniture in different directions, making the sofa and loveseat have a light and dark effect. It's VERY noticeable. Some cushions are very dark, and others are shaded very light. The upholsterer must have either NOT cared about how he did the job, or he was NOT familiar with covering furniture with napped fabric.

In addition to all this, the seams are coming apart, there are flaws running thru the fabric, and there are a couple of holes on the inside portion of the loveseat.

I wish I had checked the internet before buying the furniture. We took the owner to small claims court, but miraculously she won! So, BUYER BEWARE!

Lazeboy does NOT produce the quality products it once did, and they do NOT care about fixing problems that come up. I am now stuck with $3200.00 of furniture that I haven't even sat on yet, and get sick to my stomach every time I look at it. I feel totally ripped off, and hope that someone will read this and not make the same mistake I did.

Do NOT purchase from the Stockton, CA store. In fact, I would recommend NOT purchasing ANY Lazeyboy product, as they do NOT care about the quality of their workmanship. They also do NOT give out a warranty card UNTIL your furniture is delivered. So, if you must purchase this brand, make sure you READ every line of your contract, and ask to see the warranty BEFORE the purchase.

P
8:19 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I always owned lazyboy furniture and loved it, but not no more, I bought a sofa and recliner that they talked up to good quality, what a farce. I purchased it march 07 and now it is march 08 and I have had them out 7 times to repair both of them, the mechanisms keep breaking the fabric pilled and they told me to go and buy a shaver to fix that problem and...

9:39 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Complaint: La-z-boy Inc. Regarding power recliners - Purchased 8-5-2008-Warranty deception. This recliner has been repaired so many times I cannot count. 1. Day recliner delivered it had to have the left side replaced, and I complained that recliner going back there was a clunk. I was told it needed a period of adjustment. I later found that the bracket...

M
6:18 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We bought what we thought was a sofa & chair that would last us for at least 10 years.WRONG::::: Our furniture was bought in 2005 and one end of the couch is sagging in the back and seat, also there is a clunking sound when you sit on it. We went to the store and complained about it. We told the girl there that we bought it because we were told that it...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I got my chair from the lazyboy store at 161000 southwest freeway in Sugarland on July 22,2005.I had a different material put on and the chair was delivered on Sept.16,2005. The motor went out in Oct.2007 they sent someone out to check said they would order a new it would take about 3 months. They called in november and said it was in, came out what had...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased a reclining chair on October 3, 2007. Shortly thereafter noticed that a tack or nail was about to punch hole through arm rest. Called the store in November with no success. Emailed corporate office with no success. Left message for store manager with no success. Spoke to their customer service who promised follow-up with no success. Called the...

12:00 am

La-Z-Boy - canadians takes a note!

Myself, wife and 3 kids are from ontario canada and traveled 1. 5 hours drive to this store which we researched online. Upon arrival we where met by several high pressure sales people but the one stuck with us thru our trip in the store. She showed us several pieces of furniture with allot of impatience for us to make a decision on one of the sets she had shown us. My gut feeling was to walk out but i had the wife and kids and i stuck it out. When i asked for a bottom line price on a couple of different sets she would walk away and come back with a price. At times it was higher than the price advertised and sometimes lower. I asked why, and she said that it was because it is a group set. Other times she would give me a price and come back later and it was 60 and 80 dollars cheaper than the first time?Go figure, this should have been a red flag, price would vary and drop the longer we where in the store!She was desperate for a sale and really started to put pressure on my wife, and i knew she want to sell so i went after a really nice lazyboy set, to which she had priced up and down from the original price advertised. At one point she was high, and i gave her some grief, she would walked away and came back with a lower one. This went on for 20 minutes. She also informed me that we live on the other side of their delivery area in canada, by about 35 min. drive time and that they would not drive to our home and we would meet them in the nearest big city of london. Fine i said i will arrange a truck and meet them there, for a cost of 80 dollars. I informed her that if they delivered to my home i would purchase a 1200 dollar electric fireplace. She said that if she could arrange this she would call but as of now the delivery was to london only. Finally it was a done deal and she needed a manager for something and off i went to pay. I had to go to another person to pay. When i went to pay she had me down for 2 loveseats and a chair i wanted a couch and love seat and a chair so i had to pay another 80 dollars more than the price she didnt tell me about. After i payed , the cashier informs me that the furniture will not be in until the end of dec. , 4 weeks away, fine so be it. Three weeks go by and i get a phone call for the sales woman and she tells me that if i take the electric fire place she could maybe have some leverage with the regional boss and i could possibly get the furniture delivered and set up right in my home. Great , i said if u could do this go ahead , it could be delivered by the end of the week it is sitting in storage. I get another call from another flunkey sales rep. and he tells me they will delivery for 240 dollars and i must buy the fireplace. He gives me a price for the fireplace and extra delivery charge and it is more than 100 dollars than the quote for our original sale price from the woman sales rep. I inform him of the error and he corrects it and apologizes. I have been hearing allot of apologies lately. Lets get the ball rolling I WANT MY FURNITURE!So i pay the money. I get another call from some type of manager and she tells me that the furniture with be contracted to another carrier and will be dropped off at my home sometime in the next 2 months!And it will not be set up i must do it myself and if anything is wrong with it i must take it back to the store myself. In the mean time i have sold my old furniture in anticipation that i would have the new stuff that week. I inform her of this and again another we apologize. I asked why they wont go another 35 minutes past their range for a customer that just paid another 240 dollars for delivery and purchased 4000 dollars in product?She said thats their policy. So i politely tell her i want a refund. I hope any Canadian takes note and that our USA brothers and sisters heed this warning.

1 comment
Jan 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Did you get your refund? I am going to take them to court for $4,000 worth of horrible furnitue I bought.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I spent $4372.00 for 2 recliner couches and one swivel recliner chair. The fabric looks like it is 3 years old and I have had this furniture less then 9 months. I started complaining 4 months ago. The tech. came out with a digital camera and took pictures that did not show the wear on the fabric. After I got word from the company that they would not repair...

S
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased a very expensive leather set from LazyBoy. After waiting months to recieve our furniture, and purchasing a warranty, the back of the sofa began to rub off. We contacted the warranty company and lived a nightmare waiting on them to arrive to "exam it". They finally decided to replace the piece (only after the salesman pushed for this) and...

12:00 am

La-Z-Boy - lazyboy do not honor warranties!

I bought a Leather Lazyboy recliner chair for my husband that cost $1200 I bought a warranty on it also, now they tell me the warranty is no good, cause my husbands hair made it fade, come on, it was not abused, everyones hair hits the back on the chair, he uses nothing on his hair, except to shampoo it. Don't buy a Lazy Boy all they want is the money for the chair and the warranty money, they don't live up to their warranties.

6 comments
M
Oct 21, 2018 5:51 am

#La-Z-BoyJunk

Bought Aug 2017, mechanism breakdown Oct 2018.

Never again La-Z-Boy. Never!

Going to cost me over $140 to get it fixed. So much for warranty. Screw me over on the labor every year? No thank you.

After 17+years of multiple La-Z-Boy recliners, I am putting this Crandall out on the curb for Bulk Trash pickup in Nov. It is unusable.

G
Sep 02, 2018 1:46 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If you wish to waste a huge pile of $$$$ quickly spend it at LaZboy.
Chair is useless after one Year!

Aug 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Dear sir or Madam:

I have a Broken Power chair only two years old.
Can you please email me or call so I can sent you my explanation of the chair history, invoices, (pictures of the problems attached).
Not enough space to explain

Thanks

[email protected]

F
Aug 20, 2018 7:59 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The repairman has been here twice. First time wrong part, He took pictures and reordered. Second time same wrong part shipped. He took pictures again to reorder.
This 100% poor customer support. We pay you make the mistakes not the repairman.
You parts department needs quality control put in place. With this type service LAZ Boy will go under.

Mar 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Dear sir or Madam:

I order the sofa set for Christmas of 2015 in November 2015 from J.R. Rahey's Furniturein Sydney, N.S. and received the set in February 2016. At this time I had to send the power chair back because the wooden base frame was cracked.

I received the chair back at the end of the month after repairs. Then in May 2016 I notice a mark on the right arm of the fabric (see picture sofa1 & 2). Rahey's said "they would order new fabric for the arm" They call me about a month later and took the chair and replaced the fabric. I received the chair back in June. After a month or so I started noticing a spot showing at the seam (see sofa5 pic) and it look alot like the old spot. I believe they pull down the top of the arm and lifted up the arm fabric to hide the spot under the seam and didn't replace the arm fabric at all. This can be seen in sofa chair-1 picture showing that the right arm top is lower than the left arm.

Then in December, 2016 the left arm of the chair is starting to become the same way, not only a spot, but the fabric is separating along the inside of the arm. I believe that the fabric is rubbing on the wood framing edge and there is little to no padding to support the fabric. I believe this is a flaw or mistake during manufacturing see pic's 9 to 19 and Rahey’s repair this problem. I received the chair back in January 2017.

The fabric on the foot rest started to show problems in December 2017 and a picture taken in March, 2018 shows how big the damage became. Now on March 16, 2018 the piston that controls the foot rest broke. The clamp mounted to the shaft shatter is( picture 20).

I requested the service repairs and invoices from Rahey’s to show that I was buying a Best sofa set at the time and the salesman talk us in to buying the La z boy set because it was the better set with great quality, long lasting and great warranty for a few more dollars.

I hope you can help me get this chair repaired or replaced because I feel this is the chair from hell. I would appreciate a quick response to this matter.

Herbert Currie
1732 Lingan Rd.
River Ryan, N.S.

EMAIL FROM RAHEY’S SHOWING BELOW – EMAIL DATE 03/23/2018 – attached with invoices in email
HI Herb, Here is the info. you requested with your chair .The day of
delivery upon opening we had to take back
To the shop and repair a loose board and remove a staple
from the rocker base. You took delivery of this
Set on 02/02/2016 . The next issue was SERV4781 on
05/05/2016, we had to order and replace the r.s.facing
Arm panel. The next issue was on 12/16/2016 SERV5111, we
had to order in and replace both arm panels, which
Was completed on 01/18/2017. Need anything else, please

B1s 1c6
Ph# [protected]

PS I could not attached the invoice PDF files form Raheys

Jul 07, 2009 9:56 pm

I agree that Lazy Boy is just in it for the money. We bought my mother a material recliner for her 80th birthday and in no time it started pilling. No matter how much my mothers defuzzes it, they always come back. Lazy Boy does not cover the material. If you "warranty" quality and workmanship, how does that not include the material it is made of.

D
12:00 am

La-Z-Boy - refusing to call us back

Ordered a sofa, love seat and recliner in May. Received the product the first week of July. The sofa and love seat do not match the recliner both in color and fabric type. We have given an arm cover for each piece back to the warranty center who in turn sent it to Laz Boy headquarters in Michigan. All they would offer was a $250 credit. We took covers and compared them to the floor sample we ordered against and showed the arm covers to the sales manager and she also said they were not a match and fabric was not the same. They sent out a technician on August 7 to take pictures and he also commented that they were not the same. On August 15th we called the warranty center and they said they were still waiting for corporate to respond. We called again today and they are refusing to call us back.

1 comment
Dec 17, 2007 8:12 am

I have to agree that this national company that is supposed to have a highly rated reputation sucks when it comes to customer service. I have been fighting with them for over 3 months about $4200.00 worth of furniture that is falling apart. It seems that it would be eaiser to do the right thing rather then drag this along. I am so mad I just want my money back and they can have the furniture to unload on some other unsupecting customer. Perhaps they will get someone that will not be as tenaious as I intend to be.

La-Z-Boy contacts