LA Fitnesspolitical nonsense

As of this week all of the Televisions didn't have FOX NEWS on them and only displayed ESPN along with CNN and MSNBC. I asked if I could get one channel changed to FNC and was told that Corporate had blocked the station in all the clubs. I don't care what people watch or don't watch but why would you create a political issue in a business? Two members have cancelled at this gym today and as soon as I find a similarly priced gym I will be doing the same.

• Aj
    ajd123 Mar 07, 2010

It's not polical correctness. My complaint is opposite of yours. My gym lost ESPN. From what I understand some idiot at LA Fitness changed the satelite providers. For some reason they can't get both ESPN and FOX. Each gym has to decide which one to show.

I'm lucky enough to have a Golds gym just as close so after 12 years, I am leaving LA Fitness.

• Bs
    bsgram Mar 08, 2010

Yep same deal at LA Fitness in Indianapolis. The TVs are set to CNN, MSNBC, The E, and ESPN. I was told that only the TV set on ESPN could be changed. All the others were set in stone. I mean can you imagine...CNN is bad enough. Now force feeding us MSNBC and E! I can hardly get through my warm up on the elliptical without vomiting my energy bar. Im guessing someone at MSNBC must have the goods on someone at LA Fitness. Why else would you put on the LOWEST rating cable news channel on 1 of 4 TVs. I t0o am researching other gym alternatives.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices