LA Fitness International Logo

LA Fitness International

Having problems with LA Fitness International?

LA Fitness International reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 7, 2006. The latest review Signature in South Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL facility is disgusting and has lazy employees was posted on Aug 27, 2021. The latest complaint girlfriend or wife was resolved on Nov 27, 2017. LA Fitness International has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 363 reviews. LA Fitness International has resolved 168 complaints.

LA Fitness International Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with LA Fitness International Customer Service. Initial LA Fitness International complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for LA Fitness International above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about LA Fitness International. Discuss the issues you have had with LA Fitness International and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

LA Fitness International Complaints & Reviews, Page 13

L.A. Fitnessbad customer service

This club lacks basic customer service skills. We prepaid for two years before the club even opened. Our membership expired on a weekend and I came in the following monday to workout and explained that my husband would be in to pay for our renewal that evening. They were rude and tried to demand that I pay $15 to work out that day. I finally had to speak to the manager about it and she tried to say the same thing. After a long explanation about how I felt I was being treated unfairly I got to work out. Then when my husband came in to pay they back dated our renewal to the original date so technically Im out 5 days. Also they are supposed to give a free month for renewing but we didnt get that because we went past the renewal date yet they have no problem back dating our renwal and stealing five days from us!!! I also referred four people to that gym! All of this could have been avoided with some basic customer service skills. I will not go back to this gym after our next renewal unless new management is brought in and things drastically improve including the check in staff member in the morning who is very rude most of the time and when he does smile it is half hearted. The corporate office needs a serious makeover as well which is another story in itself!

joy snyder Jul 23, 2011

I have had some serious problems with the Pittsburgh, Robinson center concerning poor customer service and breach of promise. When I joined they told me a fitness instructor could see me around work hours whenever necessary but now no one is available. I called to get an appointment today before work. I called last week and then called to check on the appointment this morning. No record of any call or any appointment.

Please advise me of the address of the corporate office. I can get no information from the Fitness Center Employees as to whom to complain.

• Re
      Really? Feb 25, 2010

Why shouldn't they back date your membership? You said you went to the gym after your membership expired and before you joined again.

Don't complain because you allowed your membership to expire. Your fault.

LA Fitness — political nonsense

As of this week all of the Televisions didn't have FOX NEWS on them and only displayed ESPN along with...

LA Fitnesssarah kraft la fitness seattle

I went over the head of the operations manager, Sarah Kraft at my LA Fitness in Seattle and complained to corporate. She took me to court to try to get an antiharrassment order against me. She thought going over her head was harrassment. The company actually paid money to hire an attorney to help her. The judge dismissed the case and told her that customer complaints were part of her customer service job and "deal with it".

• Ka
        karma:) Aug 20, 2017

Sarah Kraft he life is a mess, lost everything, got arrested for DWI, could not even pay for her mortgage, got fired from Spears Inc.

LA Fitnesspool heater broken

I joined LA fitness specifically to have access to a pool. After one week into my membership, the pool heater broke. Apparently, the pool heater at the Gresham and Pearl location are also broken. I was told that it was going to be repaired last week and nothing happened. Today I was given the "we have no idea when it's going to be repaired. Corporate needs to buy a new heater and we have no control over when they do that. It may be weeks before it's repaired." This is completely unaccaptable. Corporate should not hesitate to buy new heaters for its paying customers.

LA Fitness — billing nightmare

The facility is great, but customer service is bad. Dealing with billing is a nightmare! I have been a...

LA Fitness — money

Hi my name is Maria, been a long time customer with La Fitness(sheridan and 52nd ave)to be exact... there wa...

La Fitness South Elginpoor management

I am a member of LA Fitness South Elgin and enjoy working out there...when the club is actually open during its business hours. Today, February 15th, the club failed to open at opening time for the second business day in a row. I, along with many other patrons, waited in the parking lot from shortly after 5am until after 6am, but no LA Fitness staff member with the ability to open the club showed up during that time. On Friday, February 12th, I waited until approximately 5:50am and, again, the club failed to open before I left. I personally experienced the club opening significantly late twice around Christmas time and once in late October/early November.

On Friday, I called LA Fitness Corporate to inform them of this situation. It obviously didn't do much good if the club failed to open the following Monday on time. I plan to call again today to report this situation.

As mentioned, I generally enjoy my local LA Fitness and feel that the group class instructors are excellent. However, management seems to have some difficulties...managing. Besides the early morning staffing issues, there seems to be a lot of facilities issues (broken equipment, horrible heating/cooling issues) that the local management blames "corporate" for. Whatever the situation is, local management needs to get there act together, particularly regarding staffing issues, before members start leaving in droves to the many other health club options we have in our area.

La Fitness - Pro Trainingforged signature

I signed up for a membership and was talked to by a trainer/manager/salesmen/???-too many titles but no scruples. I verbally agreed to Training with him-he gave me a few sessions then asked what price i would want to pay-I said, "no more than 120$ a month for training-he said he could train me with four One hour sessions a month for that price-he also told me he had credentials for physical therapy as i have a disability-I never signed any agreement for the training-When Mr??? left that location several months later I asked if any other trainers were available with physical therapy credentials and no one could step forward but I was told I have a 12 month agreement-so another manager (I think everyone there is!) looked up my training contract-one i had never seen or signed and i had him print it out-The signature is so different then mine a 10 year kid could forge their parents report card signature better!
          I am now awaiting credit card dispute process-thanks to all the people who complained about LA FITNESS corporate I went straight to my credit card with it-oh not to mention -it's fraud!
          This company should get their act together and fly straight

LA Fitnessrude to costumers

there is an employee at the la fitness in grand prairie on I 20 that is rude to people. he yelled at a ladie for no reason.someone else wanted to know the cost for membership and he acted rude about it at the end he didn't even give him the cost for membership. so later on he got fired but now he is back working again. i don't think they should have hired him back for rude behavior and attitude torward the costumers.
            the employees name is JOHN . i think he should be fire and not let him go back again.
            that is my complaint.

• Ka
                katherine r Mar 21, 2010

I have had a membership at LA for 2 years now from the Grand Prairie location and have had nothing but great experiences with the club and the staff. The GM of the club is friendly and actually shows an interest in his members. I have even seen the staff as well as management out in the club picking up trash and putting weights away when inconsiderate members do not follow proper gym etticate and put away their own weights. I recommend LA Fitness to anyone interested in excercising at a beautiful facility for a reasonalble price. The worst club I have ever worked out at is 24Hr Fitness. They could care less about you or their facility.
                Kudos to LA Fitness for putting out a great product.

LA Fitnesscancelling membership

I think that LA Fitness is a relatively good place to work out. They have good equipment and lots of fitness programs.

I joined there in October of 2008. This has nothing to do with anything, but my wallet was stolen on my very first visit. Then they tried to get me in on their "coaching" which would have added up to an additional $160 to my monthly bill. I did see the light and refused that.

ANYWAY...I wasn't using my membership enough, so I decided to cancel it in July of 2009. I went in to cancel and they said you can't cancel here, you have to send in written cancellation and it will take a couple of months. That should have been my first clue.

I got the form, and sent it off. I also learned this, keep a copy and send registered mail!

Everything I do is electronic. I don't get paper copies of any bills to try and be more green. I rarely use my credit card anymore, so when I logged on to check it the other day, I noticed that LA Fitness was on there and had been all of the previous bills.

I called immediately...and gee, guess what they said? Oh, it looks like we never received it.

I hate dealing with dishonest people. I played their game and did as I was told. They are the ones who got my letter and pitched it in the garbage. Why not? It wasn't registered, so I can't prove that I sent it.

Sometimes it is really embarassing, or maybe just depressing to know that companies like this exist.

I know I have no way to get back my fees for the past seven months. What I am really hoping is that someone will read this and realize they are dealing with a dishonest company and take their business to someone who is trying to do a service rather than steal money from their customers. The people that run the individual clubs were great. It is just the people who call the shots that I am so disappointed with.

• Me
                  MEJAZ2575 Nov 09, 2011

What a dishonest company!!!

• Me
                  MEJAZ2575 Nov 09, 2011

I too have had a similar problem with LA Fitness here in Tucson. I had a shoulder injury that required me to end a trainer contract and membership. Same old story--lost your paperwork, your physician statement did not indicate that you were permanently disabled, etc. etc. Even though I am having surgery in 3 weeks to repair my shoulder. I have four months of trainer expenses and membership fees that they will not reimburse me for as well as the membership fees. I have not used their facility since sending in my notice. They keep just giving you the run around. Repeated stories all say the same thing. Don't waste your money. Go to a smaller facility. Their sign on to get you to use a trainer is manipulative and not all the information is clear about how to end your contract. I am reporting them to the better business bureau!!!

LA Fitness — rudeness

A friend and I went into LA Fitness with a free 7 day pass. I wanted to try it out cause I am not a gym...

LA Fitness — horrible trainers/sales staff - this is coming from an la fitness trainer!

I am an la fitness personal trainer! most people on this site would assume that I am here to tell you all...

LA Fitness — personal trainer

I became member of LA fitness in Lake Grove. Personal trainers immediatly contact me to enrol for their...

La Fitness Johns Creek Duluth Georgia — incompetent staff

The heater at the Johns Creek location was on "overdrive"- people were getting overheated after ten minute...

LA Fitness — disrespecting customers

Summary: Phone call hell, rude staff. I have never belonged to a gym so I do not know if this is common...

La Fitness Training — unethical sales tactics

The salesperson lied point blank to me as he went through each section of the contract with me as I read...

LA Fitnesscancellation run around

I am so disgusted with LA Fitness. They gave me the run around about cancellation and I think their actions are borderline illegal. When I joined I was told I could manage everything about my account online, including cancellation, but when I went to do that after letting them charge me for 1.5 years for a membership I wasn't using, I found I could not. I called them and was told they can't cancel online OR on the phone, but I should write a letter. I don't know why I assumed that it would be taken care of within a month or why I didn't assume they were scammers and get it certified, but I wrote the letter and mailed it on October 27, yet on November 27, they charged me again and on 11/30 claimed they never received it. What a bunch of liars! I believe it must be standard practice to say they did not receive it if it is not certified. I had the same problem when I cancelled my personal training services they also lied to me about. So I called them today and complained and lo and behold, they were able to cancel on the phone. Why exactly couldn't the person I talked to on the phone six weeks before done that? The reason is they PURPOSEFULLY make it impossible to cancel so that they can keep gauging you for money.

• Jf
                    jfast Jul 02, 2010

I to am so disgusted with la fitness. bad business practice! make it impossible to cancle - rude employees!!!

LA Fitnesspoor and unprofessional eployees

I simply walked in to find out the cost of membership. Was told by female at front desk that she needed my name and number before I could talk with someone. Whats up with that? They dont need personal information for a potential client to find out the cost. No flyers or information posted. I got into argument with the female and asked for manager. She finally went got someone and then whispered to him what was going on right in front of me. he was as rude as she was. Very poor customer service. Needless to say I will not joining.

LA Fitness — horrible experience - cancelling membership

I was actually fortunate to successfully cancel my membership without a problem. However, this company i...

LA Fitness — swimming pool

A new LA Fitness opened November 9, 2009 at Settlers Ridge shopping complex in Pittsburgh. In July, there wa...