Kohlskohls - fraud via multiple unauthorized charges

Kohls.com is a fraudulent website. Do not buy from them. I tried to purchase something from them on-line and repeatedly got a "rejected" message that my credit card was not accepted and to enter another cardnumber. After entering both my American Express and Visa number, whicho were both "rejected", I gave up. I called their customer service number and the telephone tree message told me to enter my SSN, which immediately got me suspicious. I hung up.

A few hours later, American Express sent me a security alert to ask if I had used my card at Kohls. I told them I tried and failed and luckily, they rejected the charge. I then immedidately called my Visa bank and sure enough, Kohls also charged my Visa card twice that same day! I cancelled my Visa card and rejected the Kohls charges. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY OR THEIR WEBSITE! They steal your credit card number this happened on May 1, 2009.

• St
    starfall56 Sep 20, 2009

Kohl's always asks for your SSN to verify your identity when calling. You can always tell the person on the phone that you aren't comfortable giving them that information and they will ask you a different set of questions.

From what you are describing, it seems that the Kohl's credit servers where down at the time you were trying to make a purchase, which is why your charges were denied and since you tried to pay multiple times you were charged multiple times once the servers were back up. If the charges were allowed to go through you would have been refuned your money without question.

• El
    eljay Mar 25, 2010

Clearly it wasn't the fault of the department store. Their credit servers were down, which happens at any shopping website frequently.

• Na
    Nadia Kinsky Nov 08, 2016

I was charged three times for one purchase. I called the customer service and they said that i would have to clear it with my bank. They didnt do anything to refund my money!!! Never going to shop at Kohl's.com again! Total ripoff.