Kmart / Searspromised delivery date not met

J

I ordered a mp3/mp4 player with expedited shipping - 2nd day air shipping on august 30 with promised delivery date by september 1 or 2 when I placed the order. However after I placed the order I found out that delivery date is sep 7.

So

A) I paid for expedited 2nd day air shipping for nothing

B) kmart won't cancel the order because that is their policy that once they ship they will not cancel the order unless you wait for delivery and either reject delivery or accept delivery and return to the store.

johnjustice Sep 05, 2011

I made the mistake of buying Sears/Kmart gift cards so now I am stuck with them.

Kmart lured me into a order with a fake delivery date; once I placed the order they took my money and changed the delivery date on me without allowing me to cancel the order due to their mistake.

In my quite long experience buying from walmart and amazon and never had this issue or the kind of issues that I am having with Sears / Kmart; this is just one of them. With Sears / Kmart it seems that it is systematic; a systematic attempt to take advantage of the customer. At least this is my experience.

Just compare the return policies of Walmart and Kmart and you can see who is on the side of the customer and who is on the side of taking advantage of the customer.

Sears Kmart lies to me about their price matching policy and does nothing to fix it.
    Sears Kmart lies to me about their delivery date of my order and they do nothing to fic it.
    Sears Kmart lies to me about providing accurate receipts and they do nothing about it.
    Sears Kmart executive customer service is rude and unhelpful towards me and they do nothing about it.
    And the list goes on and on

johnjustice Sep 04, 2011

They promised me a date while I was placing the order.

Once the order was placed they immediately changed the delivery date.

Given my experience with lies and misinformation and shady sales practices from Sears / Kmart; I tend to think that this was not an accident but it could be done by design.

In any case it is irrelevant whether it was an accident or not or if it was an holiday or not; when a business promises something and they do not deliver on the promise they are supposed to make up for it somehow.
    But I would not be suprised that Sears / Kmart is out of cash for running their normal operations, including payroll etc and they will not take care of their customers; just mislead them as they have done with me in multiple occasions.

Walmart, Amazon and other retailers seem to deliver what they promise.

• JuliePooh51265 Sep 02, 2011

I think you are mistaken with their policy. When they 2 day shipping, that means 2 days from the day they send it to you, not from the day you order it. Do you have in writing that it would be delivered today or just 2 day shipping? When you ordered it on Aug 30, for whatever reason, it didn't get processed and shipped until today. Sep 7 is 2 business days from today. And before you make the accusation, I do not work for Sears or KMart. I've just shopped online enough to figure this out. I was confused about it when I first started.

johnjustice Sep 02, 2011

Also knowing Kmart / Sears they will probably never refund the $8.99 worth of the shipping because they probably do not have any cash left for fixing their mistakes or customer goodwill compensation.

johnjustice Sep 02, 2011

I placed an order for 2 business day expedited delivery and when I placed the order they promised delivery by today.

However once they processed the order they told me that delivery was expected on sep 7; but of course it was too late to cancel the order because Kmart / Sears does not cancel orders; the obligation is on the customer to return the item back to them or to a store.
    They do not cancel orders even if they make mistakes apparently.

• JuliePooh51265 Sep 02, 2011

Did they guarantee they would ship the same day as the purchase? It will be there 2 business days from the date they ship, not the day you order. Not all orders can be filled the same day.

johnjustice Sep 02, 2011

I contacted customer service via email about this, including their "highest level" of customer service and instead of helping me they keep wasting my time.