Having problems with Kmart?

Kmart reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 23, 2006. The latest review refund never received poor layaway and customer service was posted on Dec 17, 2019. The latest complaint unsanitary lunch was resolved on Jun 18, 2018. Kmart has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 696 reviews. Kmart has resolved 151 complaints.

Kmart Customer Service Contacts

Thu6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun6:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kmart Customer Service. Initial Kmart complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Kmart above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Kmart. Discuss the issues you have had with Kmart and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Kmart Complaints & Reviews

Kmartthe customer service at the 770 broadway store.

I tried to make a 60.00 perches, but to the cash register freezed and the manager Jorge and the floor manager witch did not care to give her name because she felt she didn't have to. Try to treat me as if I was waiting to get arrested. There demeanor and body language spelled out gangster. And yet want to treat me like a criminal. Shame on them and the one who hired them. I used to love shopping at that location, now I have no choice but to shop else where. A little friendly advise, trane, trane trane. Before putting them out to the public.

Kmartthe store

Kmart is overpriced with low selection of quality items. I wish you price matched because 99% of your products are overpriced compared to target/Walmart/toys r us . Since this is the closest store to our home we are sometimes in a bind and have to stop here even though we despise this store. Please lowere your prices and start to carry more quality items

Kmarthorrible customer service

Kmart Big Kmart store 7783
      [protected]
      Supervisor Natalia has no customer service skills whatsoever. I'm very upset with her. She was rude and confrontational. I went to the customer service desk to send a Western Union and from the moment I asked for assistance she had the worst attitude. I have been a customer serv supervisor for over 23+ years in USA and this girl is simply a bad apple. I will never go to this store again because if my experience with Supervisor Natalie. I filed a written complaint with the store manager Olga but I wanted to let you know. This is unacceptable behavior and it needs to be addressed inmediately.

Kmart — layaway department

On Feb 16/18 I put towels away on layaway for my mom. I'd never done this before and the girl named Stephanie...

International Falls

Kmartbaby crib mobile

after purchasing online a baby crib mobile for my soon arriving grand baby we discovered after assembly that the knob to turn the mobile was defective & did not work. I purchased the item jan 24, picked it up jan 25. order number [protected]. we didn't assemble immediately because baby was not due til end of February. on march the 8th i tried to return to the st Petersburg store and the return was declined because i am out of my 30 days return policy!
        it was bought as a gift & is defective! Is this how you stand behind your merchandise?

Kmartyour cashier susan powell

I was in your college square store in Newark Delaware 19711 and She wasn't happy to be working she had a nasty attitude she didn't even ask if I had a Kmart rewards card I told her that I wanted to use my points she won't do anything that I asked her she was even rude giving me my change she put it on the counter with the credit card swiper machine she needs to be taught how to talk to the customers or fire her cause she really ain't Kmart friendly

Kmart — employee alyssa _ kearny nj kmart store

I went to store to return an opened ink cartridge as it was the incorrect size. Alyssa explained that she wa...

Kmartproduct and service

Hello, my names Louisa, I visited your Carrum Downs branch today looking for some exercise cloths firstly I was disappointed because as often in your stores you often only have the small sizes left, I was looking for some pants and struggled to find bigger than a 12, I finally find 2pairs of size 16's exactly the same and also picked up a couple of tops.
            When paying for my items I noticed one scanned at $10 and the other $14, I stood there confused as like I said they were the exact same style of pants, I asked the lady by the self serve checkouts and she tried to tell my they were different pants as she read the labels and they had a different discriptions, I asked do you think perhaps the label may be wrong so she called someone over from the clothing section to have a look she also said they were different styles so the price was different, at this point I was so angry how can they both stand there and tell me they are different styles of pants when they were clearly identical, if it wasn't for the fact that they were the only bigger size pants you had left in the whole of your exercise clothing aisle I wouldn't of bothered but I needed them so I brought them. I honestly feel ripped off, I have sent you photos to prove that I am not crazy, I found the staff very unhelpful and I really wasn't impressed and left the store really angry. I don't think this is fair or right and I know it's only $4 but it's the principle.
            Kind regards
            Louisa

product and service
            product and service

Kmartplease correct the following website as my book was not published by westbow press, nor did I write a book from mourning to praise. thank you.

Please correct the following website. It displays the incorrect publishing company with an incorrect book. I wrote the book Wolves and the Trophic Cascade but the book, From :outing to Praise comes up instead. thank you very much.

Westbow Press Wolves and the Trophic Cascade By Somboonlakana Donna - Kmart
              Kmart › p-SPM15023443115
              Aug 14, 2017 · Age Group: Any age. Book Condition: New. ISBN: [protected]. Language: English. Title: From Mourning to Praise: A Biblical Guide Through Grief and Loss

Kmartservice

While shopping with my husband, an announcement came over the intercom "we will be closing in 30 minutes". Then again in at 20 minutes til closing. At 15 til we headed to the front of the store when half the store lights turned off. Followed by another closing announcement. We decided not to purchase our items because it felt like they didn't want us there.
                I should have known better than to come back. The previous time I shopped at this location the lights were turned off on me while in the changing room. That makes you feel like they might close with you still inside the store. My money won't be spent there again

Kmartalcon coupon on bottle

My name is Chris Cole I shop at the Kmart here in MckinleyVille CA, been a loyal customer for years now . Bought Alcon solution for my contacts which has a coupon for $1 off at time of purchase . Well the cashier did not take it off and use it which then I returned to the store a second time had to wait 20 minutes in the return line handed a receipt and the coupon to the cashier which your sign says all you need is the original receipt, she then asked me where the product was I told her at home then she told me I can not do this with out the product, since this was my second trip there and a total of 30 minutes wait time between both lines I felt like if that was the case they could grab another of the isle and use it if need be . I am sick of the bad treatment from your cashiers and the lazy Ness that they provide to me every time it seems like anymore . So it does not matter to me but I want this made right or I will take my business elsewhere from here on out . I do not think I should have to make a third trip to get $1 dollar back and if it means that much that you want that dollar then you lose any and all my money from here on out. Thank you Christopher Cole [protected]

Kmarta manager within the store

I am a friend of a girl who has been continuously bullied by her manager at work for just about 4 years. She has been too scared to come forward to the store manager or human resources. The managers name is Lynda, she is responsible for the customer service desk and checkouts at the armadale Kmart store. The stress of being bullied caused a situation that is now threatening her job. When the manager in question was away on holiday the stress was gone and she could do her job in peace. When Lynda returned she began to feel uncomfortable and unsafe in the workplace again. This should not be happening and now the added stress has lead to her making a minor mistake that may cost her job. I could write a book of the situations where my friend has come home in tears because of Lynda. This has gone on for too long.

If possible please contact me through email. Darcey.[protected]@gmail.com

KmartI was sold the wrong wiper blade for my car but, you would not correct your error

IN 1/3/18 I went to the Kmart store in Kearny NJ to buy wiper blades and washer fluid. I was told by a sales rep to use a book by the blades to find which blades fit my car. I used the book and made the purchase. Today I tried to install the blades as the old ones looked worn. One of the blades, the rear one, was the wrong model and not even close to the model needed for my car.I went back to the store to make the exchange planning to look at the blades rather than using the guide book. The customer service rep at the desk looked up my order using my rewards ID # and confirmed that I made the purchase but, told me that since it was 2/4 I was one day too late and even though all I wanted to do was exchange the wrong blade ( the one listed in the guide book ) for the proper blade I would not be helped in any way .
                      I ask for a supervisor but, she said the same thing :that since I returned a month and one day later she would not help me. I reminder her that the problem was NOT my mistake and my being sold the wrong item was caused by you having incorrect information in the guide book your rep told me to use and no store clerk to help other than to say, use the guide book .
                      The supervisor repeated that she would not help me and the clerk merely added "have a nice day".
                      This was your mistake and you should stand my for products especially as I was NOT asking for a refund but, merely trying to exchange the wrong item for the right one .
                      I have shopped at that store since it opened but, I don't see how I can ever go back there again and unless you replace the item as you should have done from the start I don't see how I can ever shop at Kmart again .
                      Your employees should be ashamed of themselves and if you do nothing so should you and I SHALL make this incident know to everyone I can everything the subject of your store or shopping for car parts or accessories arises.
                      For a direct exchange of a $9.19 item you elected to lose me, my entire family and everyone who will take heed of my warning as customers ( and as it is my business to advise people one must assume that there will be some who will listen to what I have to say).

K-Martrewards card

Went to customer service to check out because no regular lines were opened although there was a light on at one of the registers but no employee. Anyway, after I checked out she told me I had $30 some dollars on my rewards card. I said, it would have been nice if you would have told me that before I paid and she just turned her back on me & started talking to another employee. I think the employees need some training in customer service and should let the customer know what they have on their rewards card so they can have the option to use the money or not use it. I am seriously thinking about canceling my rewards card because apparently it's useless.

Kmartunethical behaviour

Today on January 25, around 7.30 P. M I tried to use my free cash coupons, one for $1.00 and one for $8.00. The cashier at courtesy counter said I could not since the free cash coupons expired 4 hours prior. When I look at any coupon never would I think there was an hour of day for expiration, this very rude brunette Courtesy counter clerk wearing glasses stated, good thing we are closing, then I stated I thought this was bull [censor]. This is not the first experience I have had with this particular clerk. I try to use Kmart before I go to Wilmer in hopes the store would not close... but with this type of customer care I can see has added to the planned closure. The two other times I experienced rude behavior from this same clerk, I am almost certain upper management can figure out who this is, since there was only two people on shift, after Christmas I wanted to exchange a sweatshirt that was a gift and too small, same clerk would not allow it, and a $ 4.00 toaster that would not work, still new cause I did not save the box. So my advice for any stores trying to make it, check on your clerks to see if they have the means to give good, polite customer service. I will not be back!

Kmartstore manager

After I put my two weeks notice in today. They found that there was a theft that had occured two weeks before now on the second of january and I had to speak to the AP officer and im the only one getting the blame when its not just my fault it was other persons fault also. But because I was stressed and fustarted I didnt realize what had happened. The way the handled this was very inapporite and not in a respectful manner it was very rude and disrepectful. They made me feel attacked the whole time they were talking to me and then the got the police involved and didnt even tell me about it. Then the police officer didnt even write the right summons so he had to write me a new one. kmart needs more respectful workers if they expect to keep that company up and running because the way they handled things tonight was very wrong.

Kmart — condition of store and merchandise issue

Recently I went to K Mart in Avenel. They sold me a cologne gift set for 16.00 the regular price because it...

Kmartorder pickup

I went to the Kmart in Covington where I had four orders ready for pick up and I live in Stone Mountain. The employee at the customer service desk, where I go to receive the orders tells me that I cannot pick up my items because the Pick up Contact Person was my mom's first name twice. Simple mistake, as I use her first name twice to ship things because I moved from out of state. The manager stood right next to said employee and did not try to help. When I asked to speak to a manager, the employee rolled her eyes and so did the manager and the manager said, I can give you a refund. [censor], I don't want a refund I want the items I purchased. I never felt more embarrassed in my life as both the employee and the manager found my frustration amusing and smirked and replied to me with sarcasm and blatant disregard for my circumstance. I tried to call customer service, but as usual there are only foreigners whom you can't clearly understand and the customer service rep smartly disregarded me as well. Told me, if it was that easy why not, right .? I verified my account, my phone number and the items but, "due to security purposes" I could not get my items after driving 45 minutes for them and I have to bring my mom in like I am a child and need my parent or guardians signature. When I asked customer service if I could speak with someone of higher authority, she told me No, because if she couldn't do it, they wouldn't do it either. This is the WORST customer service. These are the worst people. No concern for others. Aren't Kmarts struggling to stay in business. Stupid [censor] like this is probably why. There is someone who could've overridden this ‘security policy' as I have been placing and picking up orders since October 2017. I still have not gotten my items and I still have not had a soul help me but it's fine. I jus want you guys to know how much you suck. Walmart would've helped me get my items. I friggin paid for them already so they're mine. All of the other stupidity I don't really care for. I will NEVER make another purchase from Kmart. Why don't you guys just go ahead and close all your stores for Christ's sake.

Kmartkids shoes

I placed an order with two kids shoes online for store pick up closet store it was available was 45 minutes away placed this order on jan 7 2018 on jan 9 I received a text my order was ready for pick up after driving 45 mintues away only 1 pair was available I was told the other one was cancelled great customer service.. So on jan 9 I called customer service and wanted both items cancelled she explaimed 1 pair was available and could put a refund on 1 and I explained I ordered two if I could get both that I paid for woth my credit card and also used my sywp then I wanted neither well today I call to che k my status on my refund it was never put in only 1 was canceled of course the same one you guys canceled the first time now this is the second time im hearing you will be refunde me im completely done with kmart the nerve of you guys to cancel my order and have employees say its in the system now for a refund but was never...

Kmart — kids and co brand

This brand of toy is very dissapointing I have purchased many of this brand for my children for christmas. 3...