KitchenAidstand mixer

R

Well now. I will of course write this complaint up for a larger audience, but for now I will vent my spleen here.

I was given a gift of the small version of the kitchenaid stand mixer. I use it to make bread. I have used it for 7 months, and have found it to be a very poorly designed product. The mixer throws up clouds of flour (yes there is a guard you should insert) but anyone who has ever made bread knows that you have to adjust and continuously add flour (clearly design engineers have no clue about cooking). I had adjusted to this and the fact that you need to continuously push the dough down from rising to the spring, where machine oil would be dispensed to your bread dough (honestly, has this company never heard of usability testing?), but today was the kicker. First, I had trouble putting on the dough hook - it just wouldn't fit. The reason, the temperature in my house was 74 degrees and the metal parts had expanded (I put the hook in the freezer- ten minutes later I managed to get it on). Then, all my dough in the mixture already in the bowl, the central pin that holds the entire mechanism together (never mind it has no bolts to keep it in place) worked it's way out causing the whole heavy head to collapse into my dough and grind the enamel off the dough hook into my food.

Guess what? I couldn't put the pin back in without first putting all the separate parts in the fridge to cool them down. So, now this batch of dough ruined and the dough hook ruined, I realize that this appliance has actually cost me more to sit on my counter occupying valuable real estate in my kitchen than placing it into the trash where it belongs.

I have made 22 loaves of bread with this useless machine so far (not including the two enamel laden loaves that I trashed) so this machine has produced loaves of bread that have cost in excess of 20$ each (not including the ingredients).

I went to the customer service website (no email option available) and found the call hours within the time I was calling. I called and after 5 layers of menus discovered that the customer service hours were not the same as listed on the website. Five layers of menus to tell me that they were in fact, closed.
Can a company have any more contempt for a customer than this?

Do yourself a favor. Do not buy this worthless product. Braun products are much better.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Jun 01, 2017

Hi reallydisgruntled, we're very sorry to learn of your concern with your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Unfortunately we are unable to offer assistance to those residing outside of the United States. All further questions would have to be addressed by your local representative. Please click the link below for further assistance in your region. http://bit.ly/1z8JzX3