KFC - South Africaservice was so terrible!

T Review updated:

I was visiting south Africa from Ireland and we had kfc in east London, Vincent. Their service was so terrible, after phoning and laying a full complaint to the customer service i received a letter saying sorry and that was about it! Never mind all the crap i went threw in their shop just to get a meal. What happened to vouchers as good gesture!

• Th
    Thorn Aug 03, 2007

KFC Airport Road Hot Springs Arkansas.

Sunday July 29,2007 at 2:30 pm.

Here is my complaint:

I am a senior citizen and eat out most every night.

1. When I ordered the girl was busy talking to the other worker. She dumped the change into my hand rudely and walked away as if I wasn't even there.

2. When I asked if they were going to put any fresh chicken on the Buffet she just looked at me and continued chatting with the asist. manager who was programing their cell phones. She then went over and THREW some chicken into the buffet pans from a bucket. She was obviously "put out".

3. While we were eating the employees where yelling at each other in the back, and walking around singing to the "ethnic" music that was blaring from the ceiling. This KFC caters to older people and usually has Oldies but Goodies playing, but not today.

4. We watched several employees walking around talking on their cell phones.

5. In front of the drink machine was a puddle of water on the floor. Rather than clean it up they just put a WET FLOOR SIGN near it. I hope the owner is ready to be sued because its an accident waiting to happen.

6. The cooking area in this KFC is always filthy as is most other areas of the building, especially the restrooms... pitiful.

7. There are a couple of really nice people working there but for the most part they are rude, disrespectful, and unprofessional. They often act like they resent you being there.

I'm hoping another KFC in the area starts offering a Buffet as this place is... horrible.

Christiene Malherbe Sep 13, 2007

If this person is under the impression that she got bad service - she must never go to KFC in Elarduspark. Firstly, the cashier taking our oderder thought it was fine if she scratched her nose while taking our order, secondly we got to the wrong order, which we discovered in the car, on returning to the KFC the manager helped us and promissed us that everthing was in order. Surprise, surprise, the order was not in order, that we unfortunately only found out when we reached hom (about 20 minutes from KFC). Previously they forgot to pack 4 powerades and a twister, which we also only found out at the house. This is really NOT GOOD for KFC"s reputation and needless to say, we shall NEVER shop there again.

• Wa
    Waseem Ahmed Sep 16, 2007

Hi.
    My name is Waseem Ahmed. I m living in PietermarizBurg. I dont have any complain about KFC.
    I want a fever from you. Could you please tell me KFC head office Tele Phone or Fax number. I am Interest to take KFC frenchise. or could you please tell me how to get KFC frenchise?

Tnx n B/R!
    WASEEM AHMED.
    (0027-82-9623264)
    (0027-33-3426640) Fax

Anastasia Sep 24, 2007

I happen to work at a KFC, and i'm sorry for your experience. If you lived in calfornia, you would have had a much better day.

Darren Schafer Sep 28, 2007

I Had such bad KFC... the batter was under cooked and it tasted like chicken with baby powder on it! Benoni,

• Mi
    Michelle Kelly Oct 24, 2007

I have never visited a worse restaurant than the one in Hillsboro , Ohio.
    The girls from work and myself often order lunch , from local restaurants. One of 'the girls' is my manager , she placed the order over the phone. They said to give them 20 minutes so we gave them 35 minutes. When my co worker arrived they had no idea about the order. So , she gave them the same paper the orders were written on. They still got everything wrong. When she arrived back at our store , I called KFC and asked for the manager. The girl who answered the phone said she was the manager. Then she said she had taken the phone order from my manager. And that she had ordered what we were given. AND she wouldn't even appologize for the mistakes.!!!!!
    If she had taken the order on the phone, why wasn't it ready? They couldn't even get it right when they read it right off the paper we had it written on.!! And WHY would a manager not even appologize. She even had the nerve to say MY manager lied ,' that's not what she ordered'.
    NEVER will I visit that store again , until I know things have much changed...Like Management , if not ownership.

• Ta
    Tasneem khan Nov 05, 2007

On the 3rd of November at 9:00pm after leaving a hospital my family decided on kfc for dinner.It was the Verulam kfc that we all went to.On arriving there was already a queue and quite a few cars at the drive-thru.But knowing that KFC is a quick dinner we waited, we waited about half an hour in the queue.when we eventually got to the front of the queue we were told that there was no chicken ready.We asked how long it would take, but got no answer. The staff were very unprofessional, they were literally grabbing the fried chickens as they were put on the trays.While the manager just sat in her office watching all this unfold.When asked why they did it, the reply was drive thru is more important. I really believe that something be done about this branch because i am not the only person who is unhappy.

• Be
    Bernice Graham Nov 18, 2007

On 11 November 2007 we went to KFC RUSTENBURG (Nelson Mandela Drive) to buy the new Chocolate Brownie Ice cream but was informed that they had no ice cream, so we left. On 18 November 2007 (7 DAYS LATER) we went to KFC RSUTENBURG (Nelson Mandela Drive) again to get a Chocolate Brownie ice cream and again got told that they had no ice cream so I said how is it possible as we were there last Sunday also and was told they had no ice cream. The assistant then told us the ice cream machine is broken. Now I ask, how could they not fix the problem in 7 days time??? We think it is pathetic to do nothing about the ice cream machine in 7 days!!! There is not poor service at KFC RUSTENBURG (Nelson Mandela Drive), there is in fact NO SERVICE!!!

• Cr
    Cristina and Edna Nov 30, 2007

We visited the MALELANE KFC yesterday for a meal the store was out of paper towels, saurces, packaging, bread rolls, utensils. Talking to the Manager we had no luck he was clueless and said he was new. KFC take your sign off the front of that franchise door it does not belong there. We looked around and found that most of the clients were black south africans, this is another form of service discrimination just because they are catering for black people mostly does not mean they have the right to give inferior service. I placed my complaint on the customer care on their website and this is the answer : This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

NICE ONE KFC what a disgrace!

• Li
    lindsie stainbank Dec 11, 2007

The service that we recieve from the kfc branch in Meredale is extremely appalling. fristly the staff is unfriendly, they approch each customer as if they are doing us a favour by doing their jobs,the chicken is always very small ,seems like the branch in Meredale gets chicks only. Another thing that gets to me is the fact that the oil they use to fry the chicken in alway burnt,so the chicken tastes burnt ,I know this because i worked in a fast food place before.there is no use complaining to management because they as useless as the staff.Something need to be done .

janet kisundas Dec 28, 2007

On the 01/12/2007 @ roughly 8:00 – 9:30 I went to the KFC (corner Lenchen and Johnn Vorster Avenue) together with my friend and brother, when we reached the teller we asked her to approximate how much 2 barrels, 4 mash and gravy, 2 coleslaw and 6 chips would cost, she totaled it up on the system and it came to R378.80. thereafter she proceeded to pack the order starting with the chicken, after she had packed the chicken she came back for the cash and I had paid her R380.00. She Then proceeded to pack the rest of the order.

The attendant had given us 2 extra cloeslaw’s in error which I returned to her as this was the right thing to do.
    I then took my Order and left KFC. As we were leaving the parking she ran to the car stating that we had not paid for the items, we then went to The store with the order and asked to see the manager who agreed that she would cash up the till in our presence to see if the cash was indeed taken. The assistant manager came out from the back area of KFC and without knowing what had transpired told us that we could not leave with the order until we paid for it. An argument ensued between us and the assistant manager and they retained the food that we had purchased, and they refused to do the cash up in our presence. Almost the entire staff got involved in the argument and not even the manager was level headed enough to just do the cash up ain`t order to settle the matter. Frustrated we proceeded to the Police Station to lay a complaint. While we were at the police station they received a call from KFC stating that 3 men were trying to rob the store and we were asked by the policemen to go back down to KFC and give a statement.

At KFC two police officers took down our statements and said that they could not do anything about it as they had no proof that either party was in the right. We reported the issue to KFC customer service Centre and we were told that the matter is under investigation and that they would get back to us. But until today no one has done so. As customers this is not the type of service we expect from an Internationally recognized Franchise. It stands to reason that the staff @ KFC are dishonest and would use any instance to their advantage in order to make a dishonest quick buck as they did not report the overage in their tills for that day.

janine dunnett Jan 20, 2008

Well, On Saturday 19 Jan 2007, after 1pm... we went to KFC Rosemead avenue, Kenilworth, Cape town. Firstly, they charged me for 3 kiddies meal, and I ordered 1. Then they gave my son, one of the raelly old toy. The new ones.. the smart kids- toys are out. They guy at the window, said that's all we've got. He had a take it or leave it attitude. Firstly, those toys are not free, we pay for them. A result, we have to get out of the drive through, get parking and then I had to go and chat to the manager. Who then went to the back and got a selection of the new toys out, and we could choose the one we wanted.

It doesn't stop there. Didn't have a look at te kiddies meal nor the zingers we purchased.

The kiddies meal, was the one with the strip.. well, the size of the strip, was literally 7cm in length and 2 cm in width. And there were literally 8 chips in the packet. I counted them as it looked like the last of the chips had been put into the packet. And what kid doesn't have tomato sauce. NO Tomato sauce in the box either.

The zingers, were sweet chilli with chees and when we opend the boxes, the sweewt chilli sauce was all over the boxes... and the the chicken on 2 of them was really hardlike it had been refried.
    KFC just ain't what it used to be..

• Bi
    bigsmellyman Feb 15, 2008

Put a rock through their front window.

• Ll
    lloyd ramuki Mar 19, 2008

Pls help I'm interested in your frenchise pls help thaks. Lloyd.

daniel biko Mar 24, 2008

I was at KFC IN CARLTON CENTRE CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT THEY TOOK my fries from the floor and put in my take away with hairs and stones in it.

• Pi
    pietro jeffrey guerrini Apr 07, 2008

Looking through the complaints because interested in owning a franchise. Disgusting really. It will be hard for me to eat KFC again, let alone own a store!! Bunch of ignoramuses

• Mu
    Mustaf Apr 08, 2008

no complient so forth. I need kfc's main office telephone numbers. I'm interested in taking it in my township... pls help.

• Fr
    Freud Apr 22, 2008

Hi every body. Beg your pardon if my english could have some mystakes. I'm a french speaker and I'm trying to find any mail adress of KFC's direction in South-Africa.

• Ze
    Zerina May 15, 2008

KFC is according to me going down the drain with service and quality of their food!! We get KFC more than 3 times a month but after last night at a KFC in Brakpan I had it with raw and cold chips, chicken that if you bite it the blood is still present and most of all service from the people working at KFC!! We stood in the line for more than 30min just to get food that my dogs wont even eat...

Is it just me or are we paying more each time but get less??

I am really really fed up with the KFC in Brakpan!!!

• Me
    Melissa Jun 06, 2008

About two weeks ago my sister ordered KFC in Ladysmith South Africa..the KFC in Lyell street..She ended up in hospital with severe food poisining..please pay that KFC branch a visit and do some serious inspections..because I know of a few people that fell ill after ordering food from there.

Thanks Melissa

• Va
    Vasu Chetty Jun 17, 2008

The KFC in Durban, 45th cutting has recently been taken over by new management. On several occasions while buying @ the drive thru, we given incomplete orders. We usually order Rounder’s, with cheese & extra sauce & extra lettuce. On most of these occasions we are not given the cheese & extra sauce. After this happened during the first 2 times I regularly check my order to make sure that they have complied, & on every occasion, they ‘forget’ to put in the cheese & extra sauce. I am starting to believe that they have instructions from management or the owner to conveniently forget about these extras. Also, I would like a customer care contact number. Why does FKC not have a customer care number?

• Gu
    Gugu Njoko Jul 03, 2008

Hi, my name is Gugu and I'm interested in owning a KFC franchise, how can I go about doing that?

• Nl
    NL Couvaras Jul 11, 2008

I am so tired of poor service at KFC in Lydenburg Mpumalanga. The service and attitude of the staff is awful .I will spend my R255 somewhere else in future. I went in just before 1600 toborder food. i can tell you that this will be the last time i visit this store. i am also postinga com, plaint on hellopeter.com

• Me
    Melody Magor Jul 31, 2008

3 Weeks ago a bought 12 Avalances at you Shelly Beach branch i was very dissipointed with the service they took about 20 minutes to get the order ready and when they were all done half of them were melted. When i requested to speak to the manager she said if i had any probleme i should phone the complaint line they even offer me the number not very polite. I phoned the complaint line and they took down my complaint. About a week later a lady phoned me to find out if i have received a curtacy call from the branch i replayed no and she hang up the phone on me. I even took her number 084 623 7216. She never called back and i never heard from you again. Your service is terrible. What a shame the food is so good ! ! !

Jodene Jul 31, 2008

Kfc in Cape Town Stellenbosch has the worse service. We bought some Kfc a few weeks ago and my husband just love their salads. When we got home I couldn't dish up the salad for it was frozen. I mean really what's the use of salad if you can't enjoy it. I had to dispose it. Money down the drain. And the chicken is always not cleaned like it supposed to be. It's really disgusting, when you look at the thighs there's still blood in it. The rounders literally n drop of mayonaise. Chicky meals, they never have the toys in stock. So KFC Stellenbosch you deffnitely need to better your service.

• Sh
    shavell Aug 18, 2008

hi i am infact not here to complain but i do infact need some assistance. i am a marketing student in the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal and would like to do a marketing project on the kfc brand so could i please get some assistance by helping me get into contact with the marketing personnel of kfc south africa.

Charity Marima Aug 19, 2008

why dont you provide the mission and vision statement for kfc south africa

• Ri
    Rina Snyman Aug 31, 2008

Goeiedag, my naam is Rina Snyman ek bly in Louis Trichardt, Limpopo Provinsie. Elke Sondag is KFC aand by ons. Ek weet nie hoekom die kos elke Sondag NIE op standaard is nie, miskien is die mense bang om te kla of aanvaar sommer net.
    Die broodjies is NOOIT vars op 'n Sondag nie! Die filette is so droog en seker 'n paar uur voor die tyd voorberei, die vleis is behoorlik opgeplak met 'n teelepel sous. Ek was seker so half ses daar en dit was redelik stil gewees, in die venster agter was daar reeds hoender voorberei, maklik genoeg vir 3 barrels! Die diens was swak, ek het haar seker gepla in haar "rustyd". Dis nie die eerste keer dat ek kla nie, vorige kere het ek gekla oor die diens by die "drive through". Ons kom oorspronklik van Polokwane af en ek moet sê, dis regtig 'n skande dat die diens en kos so swak is in Louis Trichardt. In die week is die kos van beter gehalte, maar naweke is dit regtig 'n skande!

Hoop dit kan gou reggestel word, anders sal ons seker maar die tradisie moet stop!

Lekker dag
    Groete Rina

DAVID RUSSELL Sep 08, 2008

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BUYING FOOD FROM YOUR UMHLANGA ROCKS DR BRANCH.LAST NIGHT 07/08/2008 WAS THE FIFTH TIME THIS YEAR.I HAVEMADE 5 X 10 KM RETURN TRIPS TO GIVE BACK SPOILED FOOD.NEVER ONCE HAVE I BEEN REMBERSED FOR THE ROTTEN FOOD THAT YOU SOLD ME.THE STAFF HAVE NO CLUE ON WHAT TO DO IN A THIS CASE.IWILLTELLYOUWHY
    I PHONED THE SO CALL STORE MANAGER SIVA
    ON 0848861427 AT 9:21 PM AND THIS IS HIS ATTITUDE "F' YOU, YOU EITHER WANT IT OR YOU DONT IF THE FOOD IS GONE BAD IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM.THEN HE SAYS "I START WORK TOMORROW AT 2:00 PM COME AND SEE THEN I TRY TO MAKE A PLAN.I TAKE IT THIS IS STANDARD OPPERATING POLICY TOWARD K.F.C CUSTOMERS BY MANAGERS. TO HELL WITH THE
    CUSTOMERS.ALL MY COMPLAINTS THUS FAR HAVE FALLEN ON DEAF EARS.
    SO THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE.
    PRINT THIS EMAIL AND DISTRIBUTE IT IN MY AREA SO ALL MY FRENDS KNOW WHAT HAPPENS
    IF SOMETHING GOES WHEN THEY BUY FROM THIS STORE.
    COPY OF EMAIL SENT TO:
    [email protected]
    [email protected] (editor sat indep)
    sa.groupnatal.co.za
    all on the address book in: ATLANTA.GAR AND HEAD OFFICE KFC LOUISVILLE - KENTUCKEY

THANK YOU.

• Ea
    earl rose Sep 11, 2008

well done kfc.
    thank you for always trying something new, from a toy to a new advert.
    you know, there are always people out there that you will never satisfy. at least kfc have the guts and the money to run a customer complaint line. i know people that makes it their life to can complain.
    poor service is never acceptable, but negative comments all the time make people negative.
    can you imagine if all the other fast food outlets have customer carelines, you will never be able to enjoy your food.
    thanks kfc for walking the extra mile.

• De
    Debi Oct 01, 2008

went to the drive thru and ordered extra crispy 8 piece chicken dinner...we got home and realized it was not extra crispy..we had two pieces///the thigh was still pink inside and veiny. we went back and explained what we had received...they stated it was extra crispy however the row below what they gave us was dark and looked extra crispy...the manager came and said nothing..thru away the bucket and took out two pieces and gave new to us. She never spoke. we got home and it was still the same...not crunchy/skin still soft and the chicken was pink again...we have eaten alot of KFC and this was not extra crispy and it will be awhile before we go to this place again
    We gave the chicken to the neighbors as we donot like original and they said also this was not extra cripsy...

POOT CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Bi
    bigsmellyman Oct 03, 2008

check out kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

nomazizi Oct 13, 2008

hi i am a student at univesity of stelenboch im looking for a jofb

• Ol
    old Nov 03, 2008

Going to this KFC is worse than playing the WV lottery at least with the lottery
    I know 50/50 win or lose so taking part could be fun. KFC of Ripley WV is dependable either the food is bad or the employees are so Badly trained only prices in from of them is all they know. Ads seen on TV and not clearly marked so the order personal can see the advertised price the customer is wrong. A slick move by the operators/owners could be going on whereby the
    owners are blindsiding the public and only honoring some of KFC promotions; thereby luring the trusting and faithful like lambs to the slaughter.
    Never was this taught as a sound business practice so one has to ere to the time of year and poorly trained personal
    Try your luck and go KFC Ripley WV just beware. Apologies don't fill the stomach only
    make it sour!

4 Denise Street
    BELLVILLE

11 November 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

I was rather dismayed on Saturday, 8 November when I paid one of my regular visits to KFC in Bellville and I had to hear that that my favourite “Wing Dinner”
    (5 wings plus mash) has been discontinued and that the order number has also been removed from the tills.

I spoke to the manager who told me that the discontinuation started very recently and that he also regretted it, since it helped him to get rid of the wings.

Is there any possibility that I can be given a special code to order my Wing Dinner in future? After the assistant had told me that it is no longer available, I was rather dumbfounded and I did not know what to order.

Suddenly KFC has become much less appealing to me.

I hope to get a very positive reply from you.

Thank you for your attention!

Daniël L. Baard

Tel. (cell) 072 4822995
    (w) 021 6971403
    (h) 021 9481689

• Li
    Lizelle Dec 01, 2008

Cruelty to chickens by KFC1

If you knew how KFC treats their chickens, you would probably never eat it again!!!
    Chickens are crammed into a space smaller that a piece of notebook paper, not even enough space to spread a wing. It reeks of ammonia so storngly that you would pass out if you walk in there.

Their legs often break because they are fed drugs that cause them to grow so quickly that they cant support their own weight. When they are six weeks old (still babies) they are dunked into tanks of scalding-hot water for feather removal while alive.

You can help stop this!!
    Stop ating KFC until this changes and inform them of your choice.

• Be
    ben Dec 02, 2008

Hi we in Jeffreys Bay have the same Bad service from the two KFC in town. There are about 14 to 16 staff members and still you have to wait. BAD!!!
    Ordwers wrong and food cold most of the time. Staff not ot helpfull.
    Ben

• Si
    sikhulule Jan 04, 2009

hi manager

i was at kfc market square in grahamstown last night and we were complaining about the meat that didnt have salt and we were ignored its my first time experiencing the poor service from market square kfc. as the customer i didnt want to i argue with the manager because their were all wanted to go home and close.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices