KFC - South Africaservice was so terrible!

T

I was visiting south Africa from Ireland and we had kfc in east London, Vincent. Their service was so terrible, after phoning and laying a full complaint to the customer service i received a letter saying sorry and that was about it! Never mind all the crap i went threw in their shop just to get a meal. What happened to vouchers as good gesture!

• Mo
    monique hoedemaker Dec 22, 2018

The grassy park employees are not to be cashiers.no eye contact and rude.me myself I know what it is to work long hours but siyasanga does not have to have an attitude or be rude, also there has not been any tomato sauce or chilli salt for almost a year.I think they should get competent staff or send them for better training in customer relations.

• Wa
    Wasseem Jul 28, 2018

KFC Unfair drive thru rules bridged by manager of Goodwood KFC Cape Town South Africa.

In the early hours of the morning (standing in que from 11 : 37pm) after a tiresome long distance drive, we opted to have a family meal before going of to bed. However this was the worse decision ever.

The ordeal started with along que with an order cubicle that was non operational at all. Thus you have to place your order were you collect your food. The infrastructure/ drive thru is constructed in such a way that you cant get out of the lane if you want to cancel your intended purchase. So you stucked in this lane for an eternity ( just seem so long if you in a rush- stood there for over an hour). Kids became so restless and later fell asleep of the long wait

To add injury to insult two young gents came their and parked in the parking lot and was then immediately assisted when they approached the collection window. They had no prior engagements and yet the staff assisted them. How do i know this. I witnessed this from a car away from the window.

When entered the window i then asked the staff at hand why they did this. this gent disgarded me as if it is nothing and had a smirk on his face while he uttered something. At that time there was about 7-8 cars behind me who also awaited to be served.Strangely the person acted so insensitively, was the manager of the store.

I deem his action as outrages and an indictment to the ethics and conduct governing drive thru policies. Where do we draw the line if a loyal customer and other loyal customers in the que are blatantly robbed of their rights and their privileged after the long wait.

I indeed view this as a serious irregularity that exist in such a profound enterprise.

The infrastructure of this outlet also needs a revisit as you dont have the option of leaving the que and their is no order placement booth /cubicle (infact there is and it is totally detached from the main building) . i can only assume that is non operational at night for security reasons but it then prolongs the process.

Hope immediate attention will be given to this outlet and its management.

W. Williams

[email protected]

• Ac
    actionP Jul 23, 2018

I was shocked at the quality and taste of Kentucky i bought between 3rd and fourth avenue in Heugh Rd Walmer Port Elizabeth on Sunday, 22 July 2018. The twisters had big tasteless pieces of chicken . Were dry and just not anything i have been used to before. The meal boxes were the same. Big, tasteless pieces of Kentucky. The service was not good either.

Concerned client

Anton Baard Apr 09, 2018

I like that KFC just take R2 for Hope without asking!!

• Ro
    rochelleeldos Nov 03, 2017

i have my own complaint. i love kfc but i was very dissapointed with the new kfc that opened in eldorado park south africa.im used to kfc being a certain way. its normally really juicy but this was the worst i have ever had. it was dry and tasteless and im sure if an investigation is done many would agree. i spent R129.90 and honestly im regreting my purchase. the kfc will not last long if this continues. please can this be rectified because if we want decent kfc we need to go to the mall instead. please kfc fix your eldorado park branch please.

Marcko Jun 20, 2017

Thank you KFC Phoenix for a lovely experience a month ago in your store.
    Long queue, 30 mins waiting time, no soda fountain, no coke in a buddy, or and not forgetting, , , a cockroach leg in my meal.
    I was initially was refused a refund of my meal, wasted my airtime, and was just plain down frustrated.
    Don't worry, my friends, family, work colleagues, and anyone I know will never visit that store or any other store again.
    Thanks again for the great service and experience.

SABELOTHA512 Jan 30, 2017

poor customer service in mega philani umlazi M35 UMBUMBULU HIGHWAY CASHIER NAME LUYANDA I DO NOT SEEING MYSELF IN AGAIN IN THAT STORE

• Co
    Connie Puckree Jan 28, 2017

KFC is the worst especially the Bluff branch at the checkers center. The staff including the managers have an attitude, as if they are volunteering at KFC. They serve as if they are forced to. My family and friends have had bad experiences at this branch. It's all bad, their attitudes, service, food. There are people who dont have jobs and are desperate but KFC employs people who don't care to do their jobs, it's unfair. We have called customer care many times and got no response. KFC IS THE WORST

Noah Christopher Beetar Dec 11, 2016

The KFC on Voortrekker Rd by the hospital in Jhb is being hounded by beggars that refuse to take no for an answer. They only bother the white customers, and when we say no they get offended as though we owe them a free meal. I went there after 8am and asked for security, and was told by the manager that security only gets there after 10am. How is that helpful to anyone?? I felt very threatened and without help; the staff also expressed concern and were just as upset about the 10am time. They followed me to my car and I had to grab my taser to threaten them away; they onky laughed. Unbelievable. No means no, and begging gets you nowhere. Get a job doing anything or vote for a government that cares.

• Le
    Letme Aug 23, 2016

I went to get supper a couple of evenings ago and was appauld at the service. to start off with we ordered a meal only to be told the milkshake machine wasnt working-therefore had to choose another meal. we then paid for it and when we went to fetch it at the window was told there was a waiting time of 20min for the chicken. we werent informed before we had paid for the food..once we got the food we left and got home only to open the burgers and be totally disgusted. the colonel burger was thrown together, no fillet only chunks of chicken that was coated in zinger spice and as dry as you cant understand-it was no succulent fillet paty. the tomato was not slices but off cuts of chopped off cut peices it was terrible. the chicken was not fantastic either, it was very oily and not very appertising. im really irritated that this isnt the first time ive paid for quality food and received slaped together food that is of poor quality..i want to know what someone plans to do about this..

• Ho
    hot and hungry321 Aug 18, 2016

I drove into the KFC at 9:00pm to get 2 simple meals, a 3pc meal and a 1 pc meal. It took about 10 minutes to serve the 3 cars in front of me then came my turn. When i drove up things went quite fast compared to the others before me. When I got home I understood why. The 3 pc meal was only 2 pcs the mashed potatoes were cold and the coleslaw was very dry. I'm not sure if this had been sitting there waiting the 10 minutes while the others had been served but it was obvious that it did not just happen, at least I hope not or there will be many other unhappy customers. When I called to complain to the manager he was not helpful and said well we all make mistakes. While this is true I do not pay for mistakes, I pay for what I expect to get, exactly what I ordered. I informed him I will not be coming back to get the rest of my order or will I ever eat there again. If you cant get 2 simple meals correct why would I risk bringing my entire family there just to be insulted by the poor service and performance. I would be embarrassed to serve such a meal to a paying customer but I guess an eye for detail is not what to expect either long delays or fast rush throughs with out satisfaction.

joe vitak Aug 15, 2016

My wife and myself stopped in for lunch at appx. 11:45am on thursday May the 3rd. I ordered a pot pie and was told they didn't have any ready. We then ordered 2 tacos and a chix sandwich. The tacos had no cheese on them and the chix sandwich was very poor. The roll was as flat as a pan cake and the chix was also poor. The food came out at different times and the service was lacking at best.

Chrisandfitness Aug 15, 2016

My Friend Currently works for KFC in Salt Lake City Utah, he has told me his store manager is clocking him out when he is still working>For example he is the cook, when doing dishes at the end of his shift sometime he works to 11:30pm but when he looks at his hours they have been down graded his hours and clocked him out at 10:30pm. He also has reported that when they have hired NEW people to work with him they start them out at a higher pay. Even though he has worked there longer and he is an older guy so they are taking advange of him. He has afraid to tell anyone due to fear of losing his job. Any suggestions!

manon boucher Aug 12, 2016

its becaus this restaurant give the chicken dry . and stick and very too expensive . For only 1 sandwich 5.65 dollard wow ! its only sandwich .and most of the time its only warm almost cold. Before kentucky fried chicken was very good and we dream of it but now NO.and at this restaurant they had oignoin nugget and they dont do it any more because the student didnt like it. Sorry but whats happen with the others people.

• My
    myomy Aug 01, 2016

Last Thursday my husband and I went to KFC in Grand Forks. I had printed an American KFC coupon for $3.00 off a 12 piece meal with 3 free sides. I was told by the server they did not take coupons.The manager was then called and said this KFC was a franchaise and not owned by the company, however he would would take the coupon. He charged me $ 26.00+ change!!!
    The chicken was taken out of a heating oven. When we returned to our hotel room minutes later we found the chicken to be extremely greasy, dried out and no taste whatsoever. Instead of being the crispy tasty skin I remember it was kinda just hanging off the meat., limpy and full of grease. I have noticed over the past couple of years while visiting this KFC the quality of food as well as customer service has gone to ###!!.
    I will never purchase food from there again.

• Li
    lina jigneshkumar lakhani Jul 29, 2016

hello, i am lina jigneshkumar lakhani, living in xai-xai (Mozambique)

20th march 2013 at night near to 20;50p.m. we went to kfc of Xai-xai (Mozambique).We were near to window shop of kfc through drive road of kfc..at that time there was other car ( car n0 MMJ 55-98) infront of us ..which suddenly taken revers his car and made an accident to with our car. Our car damaged badly at the drive side and we were with family with small children. The person who was the drive car and other 3 ladies came down from car .. but that time the person who was on duty on window shop was started to shouted and told to remove that car who made an accident to our car and park to other side.. because he would to do his business.. Is it good and legal to remove car from accident place? has KFC any answer about this?

so the person who drive the car was re-entered in his car to park but in really ran away..same time that 3 ladies tolding to us that he would coming after the parking car and they were entered in kfc..

But that man ran away..due to kfc staff.. so we also entered in kfc to ask to that 3 ladies where was that man?
    i just stared to ask about this, suddenly 1 lady of 3 of them came infront of me with very aggressive mood and started to fight and strated to pull me from my right hand..she pulled me from the counter of kfc untill the main entrance door of kfc...my hand beacame red and there was also made mark of nails of fingures of that lady..though kfc counter side staff not came to help us but also laughing and strated to told to that lady to run away from kfc and tolding that this accident is nothing important for kfc...

So that 3 ladies want to run out the kfc and then i lastly told to security person of kfc to stopped that 3 ladies or i will file the case agianst kfc..so lastly he stopped them untill the xai-xai police came...

Is it good behaviour of kfc that tolding to crimal for run away and laughing on victim ...!

We are very upset..so please do need full in this matter as soon as possible and give reply.

Thanks.

Lina Jigneshkumar Lakhani
    cell: 00258-[protected]
    e-mail: [email protected]
    address : 1*rua de maio, bairro A, Xai-xai ( Mozambique)

Comments

• Di
    Divinely Jul 26, 2016

1. I arrived 1-2 mins. after 9pm. 2. Requested advertised 8pc/w sides. 3. Was informed grease spill would take 30 mins. agreed to wait. 4. Get to window third vehicle, informed all they have is grilled and are closing the store, after 30 mins of waiting. 5.Got home chicken is dry, hard cannot be eaten. 6. No answer for 4 days at listed number. 7. Made complaint via 800 #, they ask compensate or refund?

chenelh Jul 25, 2016

I was at the KFC in Durbanville standing in the drive through for about 6 minutes, which is totally not except able. I get to the first window placed my order and as i want to pay the lady says: Our card machine does not work!!! I am like WHAT?? i told her can you at least put something in front as you come into the drive through so that your customers can see the card machine is OUT OF ORDER, she replies: can I call the manager? this point i was boiling. The manager got there and said if i want to pay i must come inside to pay, I totally lost it. so i wasted like 10 minutes in the drive through and not once was there a I AM SORRY. So I told her to at least go and put something there so that other people don't waste their time like did

• Qu
    Queen Jul 21, 2016

H i, I always eat at KFF in woodmead as I work opposite their building, I was suprised to see that you have redused the size of your Twister and box master and please I dont even wanna begin with your old fired chips. I'm disgusted with your food and every time I leave what makes me mad is what they say "Plaese call again" what the hell for is what i wanted to say, but i couldn't because their service was good its just the food they serve that pisses me off big time. I think its time you got your act together, I'm no longer going to buy your dry food I'd reather walk to Mc Donalds.

• Bj
    bjk100 Jul 12, 2016

WE ate at the KFC here in Niles, Mi. tonight.
    We arrived around 9pm to find the manager closing out the cash register, the one man working there cleaning out the holding area behind the counter and when he put out order in a to go package, and we stated we were eating in, my friend, who took us out, was not happy. He also never recieved a reciept when he asked for one. They claim they ran it through the drive through register.
    The grilled chicken I ordered was tough as shoe leather and dry. We had to ask for silverware to eat our dinners and when asked for some napkins because the bins by the drink despensers were both empty, the manager, or I assume she was the manager handling the money, said nasitly, , they are over there. pointing towards the empty holders. One of her friends. who also works there, came in with 2 small children and they proceeded to yack for at least 20 min while we were waiting for our meals. The one gall asked the manager if she was going to call in sick for her on Tuesday.. she said no it is only you and me here on tuesday. This store was ready to shut the doors and lock up a half an hour early, if we had not been there holding them up while we ate our dinner. This is the 3rd time I have tried to order the grilled or roasted chicken and gotten it tough and old. If you need the amount of the sale we paid a total of $24.10 for the 3 dinners on 8/28/10. I would appreciate a reply back. Thank you, Bonnie Kunze [protected].

• Th
    Theresa van Eeden Jul 12, 2016

This morning 23 March 2011 we bought some burgers and streetwise 2 for me and my 2 sons. Half way into boksburg my son decided to eat his kfc because he was to hungry. But to our surprize and HORROR between his meat and chips were the most ugly and disgusting SPIDER it was dead and it was horrible looking. I wanted to throw up then and there. I don't think I'll ever eat kfc again.

Johan Scheepers Jun 17, 2016

Dear KFC Team!! I live in the small town of Estcourt KZN SA. On 2007/05/04 i visited the local branch of KFC to order a Streetwise II. The sales person informed me that there were no more french fries available so i had to purchase two pieces loose.
    The next shocker was the mash and gravy!! All gravy and no mash!!! As a frequent customer here for many years now, i fail to understand why the quality of service has gone downhill at this particular outlet! I have kept the sales slip as proof of this nightmare!! I will certainly think twice before i visit there again!! Submitted for your urgent attention and action!!

Johan

• Lo
    lotetta Bystrak Jun 17, 2016

Gentlemen.

On our way back from Florida we stopped at the KFC resaurant in Macclenny Fla. The manager had a I don't care attitude They were out of original recipe chicken and they did not have the pieces of chicken that we requested. The chicken we did get was very tough.. Did not have any ice tea all week and the Dr pepper was out and he did not even check it after we mentioned it. The employees said that even the oil was not changed.. The employees told us that he really does not care. Needless to say this really left us witha bad taste for Kfc.

Hopefully this will be looked into. Thank you.

joe trembley Jun 17, 2016

6/04/08 Store #d670010 2438 Mc Call Selma, Ca.93662 cececk #159 store 214 5:32 pm This is the third time in three weeks i have gone in to order cripy chicken wings and they were not cooked.Destiny, while nice seemed confused and somewhat aloof as to my request.She said they had a large order and were out.I said put me in as manager and i would double their business.She said well they had other items in stock.Hot wings were in abundance.I dont like hot wings.I settled for legs which i have had to in the past.Can you encourage them to watch and replenish their stock that customers may order.A woman behind me said hell, and left.

• As
    Ashreena Jun 17, 2016

Last night, after a hectic day, all I looked foward to was a relaxing supper. I rushed off to the Commerial Road KFC in PMB(in my pjs and slippers), thinking getting supper from the Drive Through will be quick and effcient.But to my dismay...first I was told there was no chicken, then when I wanted to pay with my card, the cashier said it wont go through and she cant do anything to help.She then said I must go into the shop to swipe my card.I was terribly embarrased because I was already in my pjs, but very hungry too.Thereafter I waited over half an hour for the cashier to serve her other customers then look for my card to process my transction.By appetite was certainly gone by this time!By the time I got home, my meal was cold and my hunger had subsided with the frustration. I will never recommend KFC and after this incident whereas I didnt even get an apology, it will be a long time since I get KFC again!

• Ge
    gemma pritchard Jun 17, 2016

On the 18/11/08 we went to KFC in ebbwvale south wales. When it was time to pay for are food i put my card in the slot and the boy said that my card had declined. We tried one more time and in the end i payed by cash. We got home to fined that the order was wrong but as we had drivern 8 miles we just ate it. Later that night i was doing some online banking and notised that the first card payment whent thurgh. So i drove back to KFC with a mini statmant from my bank and after some fuss and a lot of time he said that thay put the mony back on my card. happy with that i went back home and cheked online where to my horrer thay had charged my for a therd time. With that i picked up the phone to speek with someone on there supposidle customer care and was told if enything i still owed them for the meals. Now all in i`m £35.52p out of pocket Thanx KRC ...

Cheryl-Fletcher Jun 17, 2016

wish you could speak and type english

• R2
    r2202kfcdislikes Jun 17, 2016

I been working at KFC in Gonzales, La. for almost a year and a couple of months ago we got a new manager . We was short handed, we needed cooks it had alot of people that came for the job, and she turned them down . A few day later she hired a guy that never apply that was friends with her boyfriend and as today he never shows up for work. She takes it out on the ones who do comes to work and do they job. Im tired for her but i like my job, wish i had a new manager.

• Mo
    momandmarie Jun 16, 2016

For the last 3 months i've been going to this restaurant for lunch at LEAST 2x a week and i have yet to get food that tastes remotely good. I've eaten many times at this chain and have never had any problems. Although I've recently have had issues with the quality of the food i have pretty much kept to myself and excused the place. Enough is enough, after i purchased 2 regular chicken bowl dinners and watched my 74 year old mother break a front tooth trying to bite into the chicken portion of this meal and i break my plastic fork trying to pick up the chicken portion of this meal i will NO LONGER keep my mouth shut. Please explain to me how old or refried this chicken was in order for it to be soaked in gravey and still be so hard and dry? Please explain to me why i have to chew on this chicken for at least 10 minutes before i can swallow it? It's almost like they put old chicken back in the greece to make it 'seem' like it's freshly made. Have they tried to eat it ? It tastes horrible! It tastes like it was made in very old used greece! enough is enough! It doesn't matter what time of day i've gone ..the food quality is horrible!!! I now after 30 years of using this chain will no longer step foot or absorb any type of food from there. You people need to do something and stop this!

• Ms
    msdeputydawg Jun 15, 2016

On 1-7-2010 while on a short lunch at 12:00 I ordered a large order of chicken nuggets. They were wonderful. Because they were good and I was headed to my 2nd 8 hour job at 4:30 pm, I descided to grab another large order to take with me. Upon arriving at my other job and sitting down to eat at 5:00 pm, the nuggets were terrible. The majority of the nuggets in the box were nothing more than overcooked breading, and the pieces that had chicken, were dried out. They obviously had sat there all afternoon, or were overcooked to begin with. I had to throw them all in the garbage.

• Ms
    Ms. Goldie Jun 10, 2016

I order products for my children and one of them was a six piece chicken strip meal and she only received a three strips in her meal!!! I have places I have to be and don't have time to be coming back to correct my order that they messed up because they was too busy talking to each other about sex!!!

Nombulelo Jun 08, 2016

The morning of Wednesday the 8th June 2016 I went into kfc sun village to buy myself breakfast. When I got the the cashier looked at looked at the till for about 5 minutes without a word. Then when I finally ordered my crunch wrap was a mess. The egg and the fillet didn't even fit in the wrap. Please ask the cashiers to be friendly to customers.

• Ki
    Kimberly Jun 06, 2016

I went to KFC and ordered hot wings for my husband. They told me that they had to cook them and it would take 10 minutes. After 15 minutes, I went to the counter to see if they were ready, and they told me that they would be ready in 5 minutes. My question is why did they wait 10 minutes after I placed my order to start them?

• Tp
    T.Perkins Jun 06, 2016

First thing we heard when ordering in the drive thru was that they were out of strips so we could not order any snacker sandwiches.
    We ordered an order of potato wedges and 2 famous bowls.
    We had a coupon which the cashier had no idea how to ring in and after waiting for 25 minutes, I got out of the car to see what in the world was taking so long.
    Another 5 minutes waiting for someone to acknowledge me at the counter and I was told that the chicken was not ready when we ordered and that it why we were waiting so long.
    After another 10 minutes when we were finally getting our food we were told that they were out of potato wedges also.
    There were people backed up behind us in the drive thru and many of them left. I can't say that I blame them after waiting for 1/2 hour in a drive thru.
    The time of our visit was 7:45. There is no reason that they should have been out of food seeing as closing time is not until 9:00.
    Absolutely horrible experience and I can guarantee that we won't be back anytime soon!

• Ly
    lyndsay1981 Jun 03, 2016

It was an ordinary day, and i was hungry so i stopped into KFC to get something to eat. Went to the speaker to place my order 3 piece lunch i went around and decided that i wanted an extra piece and the lady in the window told me that once i place my order at the speaker i can't order at the window which i thought was crazy but i went on head and waited for my food after about 20 minutes of waiting in the drive through, as i pulled off as soon as i got home around the corner found out the CHICKEN WAS OLD AND COLD i don't think i'll ever eat at that KFC ever again, and i am a big fan of KFC.

• Ha
    Harley01 May 12, 2016

food used to be great but now its dry, very little flavor and tastes old

• Ha
    Harley01 May 12, 2016

We eat at KFC numerous times a month and the last 4 times (last time 05/12/16) we have gotten their 8 or 12 piece meal- the chicken is so dry and has the taste of old chicken.

• Mi
    mikevl May 07, 2016

Please provide as much information as possible...I visited KFC Mowbray the other morning to get breakfast with a friend. We ordered and piad only to be told after waiting that they had no stock of what we wanted. The manager called to apologise and offered to replace the meal s and we must go in and speak to one of his managers and they would help. Well that never happened

Jody Vicars Apr 21, 2016

While at the KFC in Bredasdorp the cashier seemed uninterested in serving us. The staff then forgot to give us our 4 cooldrinks. You would think thats its a small place that they wouldnt mess up but they did! Highly disappointed! They even told us at one stage that they dont have chicken! I mean come on now!

• Na
    Nadia Cheema Apr 19, 2016

I ordered at 8:45.three kids meal n one chicken burger.
    And it's 10:30.I didn't get that delivery..
    My kids slept in waiting for burgers.
    When I called complaint centre, arabian woman behaved as if she can't listen. N then I got phone from delivery .when I complained him (Egyptian ).it's not my problem.
    All system is pathetic.they behaved stupidly.