Just-eat.co.ukfraudulent use of my bank card

F

This retailer delivered three separate orders to someone fraudulently using my card details. This should not be possible as the delivery address should always be the same as the address to which the card is registered - this is a blatant failure on the part of the company, and cost me a total of £113. When I contacted them they showed very little interest or concern, and simply told me to take it up with my bank. They took no interest in the question of how such a security leak might have happened on their site, not the fact that it could happen to any customer if it's happened to one. I for one will never be using them again, not just because of the fraud they have facilitated but also because of their complete failure in terms of customer service, for me and the other customers who will likely be similarly outraged when they get ripped off too.

• Ir
    Ireg Nov 11, 2021

It happened to me today. I rang my bank straight away to block my card and raise a dispute to the payment once it appears on my account as at the moment it is pending. I tried ringing Justeat but to no joy. So surprised that they allow delivery from to different addresses on one night! My suspicion is it is an inside job of Justeat! I deleted my account with Justeat and NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!

• Ge
    GeorgiaBobar Oct 19, 2021

This happened to me yesterday. I don't think I ever ordered from Just eat. They are getting the financial data from somewhere...I am abroad for 2 months and it is impossible for someone to use my business card without my consent!

Typical responses from them "If your payment card has been used fraudulently then you will need to speak to their bank or contact www.actionfraud.police.uk Just eat will provide further information to the Police if they require it.

Your issue will be flagged to our security team, but they cannot take any further action unless we are contacted by your bank or by the Police."

• La
    Ladyvee May 20, 2021

Someone used my just eat account and managed to make payment with my card i have no idea how, i started getting updates about orders that were being delivered to an address in east london, i contacted the customer services and spoke to the supervisor, they contacted me back but saying it was my card that was being used and i should take it up with my bank, however my card has always stayed at home for over a year, my card details were saved on there though but i use apple pay, and i got a bit irate because the deliver updates were coming through on my app, so obviously someone (possibly an ex employee) has hacked in to my account, to order food from 2 different places, i did try to contact the restaurants but no luck, i proceeded to delet my account, got refunded by my bank, called action fraud but they said they cant do anything, its such a hassle. This is a security leak from Just eat for sure. Change ur bank cards and passwords on all emails and other apps

• So
    Sophie L Nov 17, 2016

This has happened to me from my bank card twice 2 days ago and once today. I did go into the bank today and get the money all refunded by this evening (a total of £84!) but I still haven't any communication to confirm that and I have yet to see if I can be told how this happened and who got hold of my details. Surely when it happens to us we should be made aware who did it and from what organisation. I will either be walking into take-aways myself in future or calling up then paying by cash at the door to avoid a repeat. Not getting caught out again!

• Ta
    Taylor McPherson Nov 13, 2016

This has happened to me quite a few times as well. Even to the point where I've had to cancel my cards and get new ones and it still happens but when I contact the company they say they can't tell me who has made the purchases even if it's not me

• We
    Welshknight62 Oct 31, 2016

Someone fraudulently used my card details to purchase £105 worth of food. It was flagged up by my bank and luckily it didn't go through.

• Ha
    Hannylou Apr 27, 2016

The same thing happened to me! 4 transactions on consecutive days of £30-£45!. don't understand how Just Eat allowed it -as you say- the delivery address would have been different to the address on the card so it should have been blocked. Just Eat are obviously to blame to some extent, and whoever is making fraudulent transactions on other people's cards is still free to keep doing it, even though Just Eat can see exactly who it is from their account and delivery address details. Similarly to you, when I spoke to them, they were unconcerned, unapologetic and had absolutely nothing helpful to say on the matter whatsoever! Will definitely be warning people off them

• Tr
    Truthhurts1 Oct 08, 2015

What are you talking about, it's not their fault, someone could use your card to top a phone if they wanted . In fact they lose out because when your bank (the real criminals) refunds you they take the money back from just eat ( it's called a chargeback) and just eat still have to pay the restaurant that cooked the food. So quit whinging, your bank wants it to happen so they have another excuse to put a chip and pin in your hand in the near future. Go do the research

• Fa
    faveline Jan 19, 2015

This is a VERY fraudulent company with the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life. Have now charged my card 4x, with no orders placed, and then claimed they "don't have the money" and they were "concerned about fraud". Stay away from this company. They are SCAM ARTISTS.