Just-eat.co.uk2 weeks later still no refund

M

I used this site quite a few times until my last experience - i ordered on a cold, icy night from a restaurant that was showing as delivering to my address, which is on a main route. about an hour later, no food! i contact the restaurant who informed me that they had contact just-eat to inform them they were unable to order and had refunded my payment. contacted just-eat to be told they were very sorry, and would organise my refund immediately. 2 weeks later, no refund, contacted them again and told refund would be processed immdeiately. This continued for several weeks until I gave up! awful site!

• Ju
    Just Eat UK Nov 17, 2011

Dear Mikke,
    I was very sorry to read your comments regarding your experience using Just Eat and your order being cancelled by one of our partner restaurants. I am also concerned that you mention you have not yet received a refund. If your order was cancelled on the same evening you placed your order it is very likely your funds would not have been debited from your account (Just Eat reserves your funds when you place an order, your funds are usually captured 1-3 working days later). So when your order was cancelled, your funds should have been released within 3-7 working days later.
    I would very much like to look into your comments further. You can forward your order details to the address I have included below if this is agreeable to you.

Kind regards,

Ruby Smith
    Just Eat Social Media

Email: [email protected]

• Re
    REPLY-FROM- THE -COMPANY Nov 07, 2012

I own a take away which was registered with Just eat. Honestly they are robbing people. They normally used to take out 144.00 out of my account for top placement, last week they took 144.00 and another 408.00 . I rang them up, emailed them about 10 times regarding this and I just get thrown around in circles. Know they have sent me a recording of our conversation apparentley when we agreed for these sums to be taken out. But you can only here one person on the tape and thats their sale rep.
    I lost my faith and trust in such company.

P.S till date no one has bothered to explain or tell why they have taken the extra money out Nor any money has been returned. When you do ring in the staff their have very poor level of english and are very rude.

Stay away from such people. My advice as a X partner of Just Eat.

• Ni
    nikkinoonoo Apr 06, 2013

I am trying to get a refund or partial refund from them now from an order I had two weeks ago. I contacted them twice on the night through the chat screen and was told twice that they would contact the restuarant and get a refund for me but I never heard from either advisors again. I'm now being told from the the third advisor I have had to contact that too much time has passed to get a refund, even though I contacted them on the night of the order twice and was twice told they would sort it out and contact me. Awful treatment, get their money and sod the customers reviews and bad experiences, will never use again and will tell all family and friends to stay away!

• Ha
    HARUN 1234 Apr 07, 2013

You dont need just eat for your business. They do moor damage then good. By the time they take so many different charges and commisions you are left with nothing. Most of the orders are paid to just eat online which they keep for two weeks, which mean you are allways in a cash flow problem. Seven out of ten reviews are bad reviews no matter how hard you try, which does not do good for your business. Do your own marketing and forget all those web based companies. Just take a few minutes and calculate how much you are paying them. YOU WILL BE SHOKED

• Ar
    artur glover12 Jun 18, 2013

Me and my family have been having many issues regarding just eat. The resturants have accepted the delivery but then changed their mind and just eat emails to say they are to busy to deliver. Money still deducted from accounts. One balance of £57.40 is still owed form nov 2007. Household total is £354. Legal proceeding are in place. They are crooks. Its ok if you get your food. But when they have to return your cash you wont see it

• Gu
    guangshouse Oct 27, 2013

I am a restaurants employee, we had problems with just eat order box, we requested to change it 4 times already, but non of them is working, they keep saying that their tech-departments is going to ring us since 1-oct. and still hvnt got any calls from them.right now, the order box still not working.

I dont understand why customers hv to use just-eat or other internet ordering system. just simply a phone call and pay in cash, how difficult it is, and pay the 50 pence just-eat commission fee to your delivery driver, they will remember you and delivery your food asap.just-eat also get commission fee from restaurants too, its push us to raise food price. customers will end up paying more..eventually.

• Ke
    Kerry chrystie Dec 04, 2013

Ordered from a restrant that showed open after an hour and half I rang them to find out it was shut and obviouslly we wasn't getting our food it was to late by the time we realised it wasnt turning up to order from else where and I will not be using this service again as its giving wrong imformation

• Ce
    celotape Aug 05, 2014

Where can i get a prawn naan from justeat

• Cl
    claire sinclair Nov 16, 2014

i orderd of the just eat website over the weekened they had an error with there system soo wen i ordred food it got orderd twice they sed they will take one payment and leave the other but unfortunetly it left me and daughter wiv out electric overnight as i didnt have any money in my account as just eat had taken it and sed it takes 5 working days to return to my account im not happy at all and i will making a very big process me and 11 month old daughter had to leave and walk at 2pm in the morning to a friends...

• Fa
    fawzi1977 Feb 07, 2015

this company getting bigger quickly but they will disappeare soon becuase they are not honnest

• De
    denz666 Jul 17, 2015

rob dogs! got told I was getting a refund! now told im not because I was told the wrong information by a member of their staff!

• Si

- £4.00 Vat

Leaves you £78

You are paying them 22%
    If you pay top placement the you pay them 55%

Not only that but this unethical business keeps your money for 2 weeks before you receive a single penny.

Don't forget they have charged you £400 on average to join!

So £1000 worth of orders from just eat
    You will receive only £780 2 weeks later leaving you to find the money for £1000 stock you used!

If you pay top placement then you will not receive £780 but only £480 yes only £480 they will deduct £620 - as there average charge is nearly £270 per postcode!

£1480 was my takings and they paid me £730!!!
    Thiefs

Comments

Mal666 Jan 06, 2016

Totally agree with this whole post, i ordered £26.15 worth of food on 7th Dec 2015. The restaurant cancelled my order with no reason, I was told my refund would be no more than 7 days. Its now the 6th Jan 2016 and I still haven't been refunded. I will wait for the complete month to have passed before trying yet again to get my money back again. Don't expect help from customer services either, I questioned the operator too much and he told me to have a nice day and cut me off. AWFUL service AWFUL company. AVOID!!!

• Ke
    Kevin Billy Jan 20, 2017

Ordred there & got similar problems, the restaurant canceled my meal then I called juat eat & told me to wait few buisness days to get refund then 2 weeks later, still no refund so I call just eat & give my order receipt to know that no refund was in process but that he will do it & should have it shortly. So a month later still nothing & when I reach them on online chat they send me a fake receipt of refund, i know its fake because I realised after it hadnt any account information about my bank card, it didnt show where it was refund so I contact them again & explain everything so that they tell me their sorry & will refund me right away. Took me a little more than a month, 5 times to reach to to get 17.31$ back.. The guy who showed me the receipt of refund on chat was a joke, the last guy proved it to me by telling me he was gonna refund me soo in reality.. They never did & tried to give me fake receipt explainning i was probably not gonna see the amount of refund in my bank account since its refund it would just go directly in my account. Anyway. Im never using just eat again

Comments