JTVstone fell out of ring and i'm stuck with it

I purchase a white & blue irradiated diamond band from jtv in this year in late spring. Ordered a size 6.5 and within the 30 day grace period a stone fell out on the lower edge of the band. I returned the ring for a refund and was stocked when the ring was returned to me with a note that the ring had been resized to a 5.5 and because the repair out been done by a vendor other than jtv they wouldn't refund the amount. 1) I never sized the ring 2) I was within the 30 day grace period 3) now i'm stuck with a ring that can't be worn.
I contacted customer service every week for three week voicing my unhappiness and was told to write to kevin brabson that he would make the final decision. His response was the same - touch luck charlie, your stuck with the ring.
I have sent him several more emails with not further response. Posted a bad review on their website - no surprize it didn't get posted!
Took the ring to a local jeweler and has the ring put on a ring stick and it actually sized as 5.75.

Buyers beware of jtv!

ANGELEYES Nov 12, 2009

At JTV their ring size is never the size stated. I have ordered 50 rings or more and not one was the size stated. I have a ring sizer so I know what size I actually got. I think they do this so they will not have to refund $'s for their junky rings. We have no way of knowing they were size. AGAIN JUST ANOTHER WAY to rip-off the consumer. I can not believe these people are still in business. HOW CAN THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT. What gets me is how many on that site act so holier than thou...shame, shame, they are fruads and scam artists.

• Ju
    Justice Never Sleeps Oct 24, 2010

If sending the customer's order with the wrong-sized item is their motive of scamming, then this is a shame, shame, shame!!! Where are the honest jewelers?

• Co
    complaintgatherer Oct 25, 2010

File your complaint with the FTC - they have the power to investigate, fine and shut down violators.