Menu

V
Author of the complaint
6:49 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a loyal customer of Chase for 16 years. On September 24, 2021, while in Cozumel Mexico a fraudulent charge of $1502.06 was made on my credit card. I did make a purchase of a ring that day at a jewelry store, this is where we think the fraud happened. They must have scanned my card twice, making the fraudulent charge. When we arrived home, I noticed the charge on my credit card and called to report the fraudulent charge. The purchase alert on my phone showed the purchases to be within minutes apart. The fraudulent charge showed it was from a jewelry store miles away from the tourist area where we were, I could not possibly be in two places at once. The statement provided to Chase had information blacked out on it as well a fraudulent signature, the signature looks nothing like mine. My name is nowhere on the receipt. I have requested information on the fraudulent jeweler from Chase, but they said there is no information to contact them. I have disputed this charge four times and Chase keeps stating that it is a valid transaction. I have contacted other jewelers in the area and received a response back from them stating they have never heard of IZ *Benjamin Galindo Jewelers. I have never had any issues with Chase until now. I have always made my payments on time, even when I was laid off and struggling. I will not pay Chase the fraudulent amount and will be cancelling my card, I cannot trust Chase.

Feb 02, 2022 5:12 pm

I just received a call from the executive office of Chase, and she left a message that they are sticking to their discission because it was a chip card and the merchant provided a receipt even though I told them it was not my signature, they do not care. So, what good does it to sign for your purchases. Chase stated that I will have to deal with the merchant myself, even though they will not provide any information on the merchant so that I can attempt to contact them, all the information was blacked out on the purchase statement. So much for Chase adhering to the fraud protection policy.

More JPMorgan Chase complaints & reviews

JPMorgan Chase - Closed my account without notice
JPMorgan Chase - Denied fraud claim
JPMorgan Chase - mortgage fraud/scam
JPMorgan Chase - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure!
JPMorgan Chase - chase raising rates!
JPMorgan Chase - stalling on refinancing my mortgage
JPMorgan Chase - deposit accounts
2 comments
Mar 11, 2022 2:01 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am kind of curious you didn't really state was the dollar amount exactly the same? If so when you got your alert via phone before returning home why not charge back then before leaving the area? Or if you didn't get alert while there I understand. What I don't understand is that Chase had to have some pretty substantial prove that in fact your card was used not saying you are fibbing did you loose an additional family card? I understand this place was in an area other than where you were. This is quit odd I will say. I am sorry that is quite a dollar amount to be out. I hope you get it resolved and find out who this jeweler is that scammed you its ashamed ypu go to Mexico and get scammed.

I
Mar 11, 2022 12:53 pm

We have tried twice to have fraudulent charges on a Chade account removed, to no avail.

We made an online purchase and the item was charged 10 times.

We are extremely disappointed in Chase’s inability to rectify this issue.

The merchant denies the charges.

So, it is a Lose/Lose for us.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1346 complaints