Menu

complaints

I Q Credit Union Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
11 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with I Q Credit Union at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for I Q Credit Union has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of I Q Credit Union. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

I Q Credit Union complaints 11

Sort by:

Newest I Q Credit Union complaints

J

I Q Credit Union I got a tough credit inquity on my credit file

I got a tough credit inquity on my credit file. I don't know about this company. This hard inquiry happened today, 10/30.

N
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I Q Credit Union Iq credit union needs to pay somebody to reset their server on Sundays or update their server

Iq credit union needs to pay somebody to reset their server on Sundays or update their server. I go online to transfer money from checking to savings and the only option is to transfer from IQ checking to external account.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I Q Credit Union I had a problem with this awful credit union that I regret joining

I had a problem with this awful credit union that I regret joining. They won't handle my fraud dispute and won't even reply to me. They keep telling me to call a number, but no one ever answers. I think it's because I'm Mexican and they're racist.

Hide full review

Is I Q Credit Union legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals I Q Credit Union as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, I Q Credit Union stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering I Q Credit Union should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

I Q Credit Union earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: I Q Credit Union achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for I Q Credit Union. The company provides a physical address, 5 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of I Q Credit Union's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Iqcu.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows I Q Credit Union website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Iqcu.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for I Q Credit Union have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up I Q Credit Union and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While I Q Credit Union has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 11 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • The sensitive services provided on this website are hosted on a shared server, which may increase the risk of unauthorized access and data breaches. It is important to ensure that the website has adequate security measures in place to protect user data, such as encryption and secure authentication protocols.
L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I Q Credit Union Iq credit union asked me to verify micro deposits sent to and from twin star

Iq credit union asked me to verify micro deposits sent to and from twin star. Iq credit union sends six different micro deposits and asked me to guess which two of the six they send. Real Dumb! I guess the last two which were the most recent in the *** rejects the deposits. *** does not answer their phone nor has a message system on their website.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I Q Credit Union They keep chargng me a return mail fee when my address is correct

They keep chargng me a return mail fee when my address is correct. If they want to verify, they can come to my house. I have no control over *** stupidity. This is BS, my address is correct. They are just as bad as a BANK. I don't want any mail from these clowns if they charge ***, and I have already told them this. IQ is a bad company chargng you because a mail carrier is ***.

R

I Q Credit Union They sold me unemplyment insurance on my auto loan

They sold me unemplyment insurance on my auto loan. When I lost my job, they did not honor the insurance. Repossessed the vehicle, and presented me with a *** for the balance. I would like to get my truck back, have the payments on the policy honored, resume making my payments, and have the derogatory credit removed from my credit report. IQ did me dirty, they need to make this right.

G

I Q Credit Union I got this checking account that was supposed to be closed

I got this checking account that was supposed to be closed. I've been with this credit union since ***. By mistake, they tried to charge from this account that I left behind, and now IQ credit union wants $180 for fees. I called them to fix it, but they won't budge on reversing these charges. I can't afford this or a lawyer to fight them, so they'll ruin my credit instead of doing what's right.

A

I Q Credit Union I'm a member at IQ and my 2500 card got shut down

I'm a member at IQ and my 2500 card got shut down. My score dropped drastically. I could see it if I had a huge limit or even lowering my limit, but no, they shut it down. I have NEVER been late or missed a payment. I was close to my limit and had just put 300 on my card, keeping this little line of credit up to date. This is poor practice. I want others to know this isn't a place to settle in with. I have a rather large amount of retirement opening in 2022. This will not be my bank.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I Q Credit Union I bought a truck in July and got approved for my loan through IQ Credit Union

I bought a truck in July and got approved for my loan through IQ Credit Union. They gave me a 3-month extension, so my first payment wasn't due until the end of October. Unfortunately, my truck has been in the shop since the beginning of October, and I've had some personal issues that caused me to be out of work for a month. I was hoping my truck would be fixed when I returned, but it's still not, which means I don't have a vehicle to get to and from work, and I ended up losing my job.

Now it's November, and my truck has been transferred to a different place, but it's still not fixed. I called the credit union, and they extended my payment deadline until January 5th. However, my truck is still not fixed at the moment. I have until Monday, January 23, 2023, to make my first payment. If I don't, they will repossess the truck that I'm not even driving.

I've pleaded with them to help me by pausing my loan or finding some other solution, but they refuse to assist me any further. Losing my job also led to my phone being shut off, making it difficult for me to contact the jobs I've applied to. I really need help because it doesn't seem fair that I have to make payments on a truck that I haven't had for 5 months.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I Q Credit Union After being a member for 10 years and consistently paying off loans ahead of schedule without ever missing a payment, you would expect to see an

After being a member for 10 years and consistently paying off loans ahead of schedule without ever missing a payment, you would expect to see an improvement in your credit score and receive positive recommendations. However, the credit card application process at I Q Credit Union was incredibly invasive. I had to provide an excessive amount of personal information, more than I have ever had to give to any other company. Despite spending countless hours and days trying to correct their constant misinterpretation of my information, I was still DENIED! (Interestingly enough, I was approved for another bank within just 5 minutes of calling them).

To put things into perspective, I earn nine times the amount of my rent (which is already very low). I asked if my additional income could be considered, to which the response was, "I didn't realize you had another source of income." It's worth noting that I was never asked about additional income during the application process. They simply stated that "my income falls outside of their loan guidelines." In an attempt to prove my financial responsibility, I asked them to review all the loans on my credit over the past 2-3 years, ranging from $200 to $6,000, all of which I paid off in full. Their response? "We don't see any loans on your credit." However, in the very next message, they contradict themselves and say, "Considering your rent and all other loans on your credit, along with the new loan from us, your income falls outside of our loan guidelines."

Even though I provided paystubs and legally signed documents, it still wasn't enough for them. I have two sources of income from the state, and even the state officials were perplexed by the excessive amount of information required. They had never encountered such invasive documentation, except in court cases. The amount of personal information I had to provide is enough to compromise my entire identity if there were ever a data breach or if the staff mishandled it. It's unsettling to think that they required so much information, especially considering the lack of competence displayed by their illiterate staff. They refused to acknowledge my actual pay and recorded it as $1,000 less than what was stated. They also failed to understand the concept of withholding taxes, both taxed and untaxed. Furthermore, they refused to accept my W2 form.

On another occasion, I fell victim to a scam, and their response was to lock all of my access for several months, stating, "We can't be sure if it was you, so we're taking this precautionary measure. If you can prove your trustworthiness over time, we will gradually restore your access, one by one."

Overall, my experience with I Q Credit Union has been disappointing and frustrating. The invasive application process, the lack of understanding regarding income and loans, and the questionable response to security concerns have left me feeling uneasy about continuing my relationship with them.

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I Q Credit Union I applied for a car loan with IQ Credit Union and they approved it

I applied for a car loan with IQ Credit Union and they approved it. The plan was to deduct the monthly payments from our shared checking account, which belongs to my wife and me. Since it was a reverse loan, where I borrowed money against a vehicle I owned outright, the loan amount was also supposed to be deposited into the same account. However, a few days later, I noticed that the money hadn't appeared in our account. So, I reached out to IQ Credit Union and spoke to the manager, who goes by the name of *** or ***.

She informed me that the money had been deposited into the wrong account and assured me that she had made the necessary changes. I then asked her if this meant that the payment would also be deducted from that account, to which she replied affirmatively, explaining that it was how the setup worked. I disagreed, stating that it shouldn't be set up that way, and she proceeded to correct it. She also mentioned that she would set a reminder to fix the due date, as it was currently set for three days after the actual due date.

At that point, I thought everything would be resolved. However, I received a letter from IQ stating that I was late on the loan payment. I couldn't understand how this was possible if the payment was set to be made automatically. It crossed my mind that maybe *** hadn't followed through with her promise to change the date. So, I returned to IQ to sort things out.

The original loan officer, ***, admitted to her mistakes and explained that she had rewritten the entire loan. According to her, this would be the first payment on the loan, and everything was now correctly set up with the due date and the correct account. I then expressed my concern about how this confusion might impact my credit. She assured me that it wouldn't affect my credit and that everything was in order. Once again, I was mistaken.

A few days later, I received a call from IQ asking when I planned to pay the overdue amount on my loan. I informed them that I had already made the payment through auto-pay and that *** at the Van Mall branch had made numerous mistakes with the original loan, leading to all these issues. However, I assured them that everything had been resolved. Unfortunately, my credit score has now dropped by 52 points, and I urgently need it to be rectified.

Overview of I Q Credit Union customer experience

I Q Credit Union (iqcu.com) has been plagued with numerous consumer complaints, highlighting several negative aspects of their services. Customers have expressed dissatisfaction with their lackluster customer support, citing long wait times and unhelpful representatives. Additionally, many have reported issues with the credit union's online banking platform, experiencing frequent glitches and difficulty accessing their accounts. Another major concern raised by consumers is the high fees charged by I Q Credit Union, which they deem excessive and unfair. Furthermore, several individuals have expressed frustration with the credit union's loan application process, claiming it to be cumbersome and time-consuming. Overall, these consumer complaints shed light on the various problems faced by customers of I Q Credit Union, making it a less desirable option for individuals seeking reliable and efficient financial services.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

I Q Credit Union contacts