Jo-Ann's Fabric Corporate Officescustomer service - corporate culture

L Review updated:

Returned a dress form back to store i got it from and after waiting over 10 weeks now i still haven't recieved my corporate check. I have called several times and find it strange that it's only a message recording. So i did leave a message. I recieved a message back saying refunds at joann's calling, no name of the girl speaking everytime?? What is your name lady and why are you so rude? I been shopping at joann fabric and craft store for 20 years now and i am so pissed i still haven't recieved my corporate check. I think this store is in hope that i will forget or give up.

map2442 Sep 07, 2010

This behavior exist at store level; whereby is most discourteous to customers.

map2442 Sep 11, 2010

Know your product and shop on line . . . then you are not insulted by rude staff members at Jo-Ann's stores across the nation.

• My
    Myown 911 Dec 29, 2019

@map2442 Yeah I tried that, however more than half my order has been canceled yet the items appear to be in stock as I am still able to add to a cart. In store shelves are bare like they are going out of business and online is canceling my business. $70+ order and over half has been canceled. Odd, kinda like they do not want my business. Off to Michael's or Hobby Lobby, As I've never had orders canceled there. Get it together Jo-Ann.

• Pa
    PAMMIEJEAN Jan 13, 2011

I am still waiting for my "refnd check. " it was supposed to have been sent withing two weeks of my returning the defective product. So lets see - joann's took my merchandise but did not give me my money back. Something is very wrong here. Made several calls to the "refund line" and never got a live person, went straight to voice mail. No phone call returned. What a crappy business.

• Ka
    Karen Kenney Jun 15, 2011

I wanted to let you know how I was treated tonight at Joann Fabrics at Chesterfield Township, Michigan. I was trying to place a frame order with Sheila (she said she was the manager.) I started about 8:15 PM to pick out frames, etc. for 4 pictures that I brought to frame. She went to enter the information on the first picture, and said the computer would not let her enter the information because it was too close to closing time. I had to take all my large pictures back home with me without any way of getting anything done towards the process of framing. In other words, I wasted about 1 hour in your store and Joann Fabrics lost about $300 in business. Sheila was totally lost on what to do, and she is the manager! I offered to leave a deposit, etc. so I didn't have to load all my art work back into the car.
    I love shopping in Joann Fabrics and love their products, but felt I was treated with disrespect to my time! I will definitely find somewhere else for my framing business, and I'm an artist.
    Thanks for letting me leave my comment. I hope something is done about this.
    Karen Kenney, 316-772-6521, Chesterfield, MI

• Ka
    Karen Kenney Jun 15, 2011

I just left my comment. Hope you find it.

• Cl
    Clmarkh Jan 08, 2012

Unacceptable!! After reading all these reviews, you would think Corporate would do something!! I too have had issues with Jo-Ann Fabric.
    Today I wanted to sign up for a basic sewing class along with my daughter. I thought it would be a fun thing to do together. I had been to the store four times prior to this asking questions about the class. The girls there all told me that supplies were included and to wait to sign up for the class until today so I would receive the half price discount.
    I work 12 hr shift work, so I forced myself to get up only 4 hours sleep, drive over 30 miles to the store near Bay brook Mall in Webster, Texas, fighting typical Saturday traffic. I finally find a parking space, go inside where the store is extremely busy, see two ladies sitting at a table and ask them where the forms are to sign up for a basic sewing class. The ladies give me the forms and instruct me that I must go through the check out line to pay for the class and register. Fifteen minutes of standing in a checkout line, I finally make it up to the register. The girl looks at my forms and informs me that there are no sewing classes because there is no instructor. What?!! Any reason why the ladies giving out the forms couldn't tell me this? The manager is so clueless she simply states that the instructor quit suddenly and can not post a notice without corporates permission. So how long would it take to make that phone call? Or better yet inform the rest of the employees so they can tell you as you walk in? How suddenly did this instructor quit? I was just in Thursday asking about the class and no one said a word about not having an instructor. Did one ever really exist? Come on corporate!! Get some managers that can do more than blame you for their ignorance. Is this how you train them?

• Ca
    Catherine Schnabel Nov 09, 2012

I realize it costs money to pay employees, but really, so understaffed. I go to the store on Falls of Neuse in Raleigh, NC. I love your store, but the young man working there was supposed to be stocking shelves and he wasn't doing a thing. The young woman I asked was very helpful, but SHE was stocking shelves. Where is management?

Second comment: You sell lots of fleece to make blankets. BUT, the cutting tool ( a skip stitch blade made by Fiskars) is unavailable in your stores. This would be an essential tool for finishing edges on your lovely fleece.

[email protected]

• Bo
    Bonnie pritz Jan 03, 2013

I was at the Everett, Wa location with my two sons tonight to buy some Christmas decorations and light bulbs. My boys and I looked around for a while and I had some items in my hand to purchase, I send my 16 year old son back to the car to get my phone for me because I wanted my Joann coupons that I receive via email. Then I turned around and walked down a isle thinking that my 5 year old son was behind me, I looked for a second and turn around and realize that my son was not behind me, I circled the isle to come back where I left my boys and I momentarily see the panic on my sons face and he started to sprint behind his brother whom is about to leave the store to get my phone. As I am calling to my little son, I hear the staff member behind the cutting counter yelling at my son-very loudly" stop running in the store, there is NO running". Well, I am right behind my son at this time and my son is white as a ghost and trembling and crying. I say to the staff member-" he was running, cuz he thought that he was lost". The staff member had not an ounce of compassion for my child, he said..well, there IS NO running, that's not a excuse. I was stunned.. I said, excuse me, but he is a little oy and he thought he was lost and he was running after his brother cuz he couldn't see me, you don't have to yell at him. The staff member is actually arguing with me at this point and telling me that he is just trying to keep his costumes safe. What???? What about keeping a 5year old safe, I ask??? He was very rude, very, very rude and I told him, we'll, I will talk with your manager and see what the protocol on a lost child in the store are. He actually laughs at me and says in a condescending way" I am the manager" and proceeds to laugh with couple of other costumes. Well, I found out that he was the floor manager and I got his name and the name of the Store manager that I will be talking to in the morning. Also looking in to bringing criminal charges against the store and this particular staff member. Beware!!! Don't lose your child in this fabric store, you will get laughed and yelled at!!! So, so rude.

• Ga
    Gail Sanders Mar 06, 2013

Hi. My name is Gail. This is not a complaint per say but a strong recommendation. I live in a small town in Texas and the closest town that has a Jo-Ann fabric store is an hour or more away from here. The small town has stores that people come to from out of town because there is nothing in those towns. There are a number of people who do quilting and or are wanting to learn how to quilt in this area and surrounding areas but have no where to go. There are places up for sale that would be great for a small store to be. It is at the Brownwood, Texas Commond Square. We would love to have a big Jo-Anns but will settle for a small one, like the one in Fort Pierce, Florida. Please consider coming to our community. I am speaking for a lot of people. My e-mail address is [email protected] Thank you for considering this.

• Yv
    Yvonne Schlundt Nov 10, 2013

I live in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. We have no place to buy fabric, yarn or craft items that a store like Joann's could provide. The ladies in my group thought It would be would be wonderful if one of your stores were to open in the space left by the now closed K-Mart in the West Glenwood Springs Mall. The combined population of towns (including Aspen) in the area would certainly qualify for your build quota. This community is certainly a artsy, crafty, sewing and knitting and crocheting area as winters are long. We travel one and a half hours to Grand Junction, weather permitting to shop at Joann's there. Please consider Glenwood Springs for a future location. Sincerely, Yvonne Shlundt

• Yv
    Yvonne Schlundt Nov 10, 2013

Please consider opening a store in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.

• Bi
    biancalopez Mar 05, 2016

Please review your yelp reviews at your Ontario California location. Customer Service is the WORST I have EVER experienced, and I am not the only one who thinks so. (as you can see on yelp) Manager Donna should be terminated with how she treats customers (again numerous complaints about her from numerous people) Along with the majority of your staff there! OR they all need to go to customer service training. I've been going to Joanns for over 8 yrs as I am an avid crafter and grew up wanting to be a fashion designer and even went to school for it. So I have had to buy countless amounts of items. I avoid this store like the plague. Only reason I go is because of convenience when I'm in a hurry. I joined Yelp because of Joanns because I needed to vent and warn others about this establishment. This is the 1st and only company I have ever tried to contact corporate on. It IS THAT BAD. You must do something about this because you are loosing customers everyday specifically for this reason. I have vowed to never go back even if it is more convenient. I'd rather drive an hr away to LA for my fabric unless something is clearly done about this. Please help!

• Mi
    Milsap Aug 09, 2016

I just left the Frisco Tx location and I would not advise anyone to shop here. If I could rate this company less then a one I would. My experience with the associate Dee and the manager Laura was the worst experience I have every seen in a store. First the associate Dee was very rude and did not seem very fond of African americans and would not honor the price as stated online when I had just visit a few days before buying the same curtains with no issues. She argued with me for almost 20 minutes on the price of the curtains when I clearly had a ad stating the price and just purchased the exact same ones a few days before. so I asked for a manager and Laura came to assist her and said she would do what it takes to assist which she did not honor. The manager Laura went to the back to see if they had more of the curtains I needed, while the associate Dee was attempting to cut the size I needed. Dee tells me after arguing with me for 20 minutes she did not have enough curtains for the size I needed. The manager comes back from the back of the store and tells me they do not have the curtains I wanted. They did not bother to honor the price nor did they even attempt to sale me a similar pair for the same cost.The manager Laura basically told me oh well we do not have enough of the curtains you like and we are not honoring the price online. I truly feel they do not care about customer service for the blacks.

• El
    Ellen Hess Mar 07, 2018

Is it your store policy when customer purchased item in one location and return to another location for return or exchange, to just put in a bag and say "let's not make a big deal". My beef is due to this kind of response cheating a customer out of the tax refund from the other store where purchased that was more than location where returned. It is a minor amount thus I did not make a demand to do it as I would hope this is not a store policy for transaction. My opinion is cashier didn't want to be bothered with this or just did not know how to do it the correct process (vote is with this later).

Additionally, in my visits to this store I have not run into reeking body odor as I did this visit. I have a high regard for this store and the others I have dealt with over the past 6 years but, now I may be hesitant to revisit. Please instruct your employees to be attentive to body odors.

Thank you.