Menu
JDG Financial Services / JD Group
reviews & complaints

JDG Financial Services / JD Group
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

77 complaints
2 resolved 75 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of JDG Financial Services / JD Group. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
7:17 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Complaint reported to JDG who the stove was bought from: I am assisting Mrs Basson as she is getting the run around from JDG / Defy. The stove is giving issues since the day it was delivered. It is clear that this is a factory fault and to keep on sending incompetent technicians out is not solving the problem. The guy that came out on Thursday, 17/3, job...

S
8:53 pm EDT

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - In correct amount debited. Credit score affected

I have complaint to you so many times.

You have been debuting my account in correctly for 3 months. You debited 2484 instead of R784! I want my money refunded. You said my account is in arrears for 2 month but yet you received a payment from me every month! How the hell and I in arrears, my credit score has gone down because you said I'm 1 month in arrears which is not true! You failed to fix my credit score information!

I want my money refunded!

Desired outcome: I want my money back and my credit score corrected!

L
6:06 am EST

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - After sales

To whom it may concern,

I purchased a laptop online on the 31st of January 2022. The unit ordered was not available and I was provided with the nearest available unit of which I am grateful.

It has been 2 weeks since I registered the laptop for warranty and as the invoice of purchase does not correspond with the unit received, due to above mentioned incident, I am receiving no answers to my warranty.

Matebogo from customer services refuses to pick up the phone and call me and keeps requesting that I send the invoice of purchase. I have sent that invoice when registering for warranty and as above mentioned, the unit received and invoice do not display the same information.

I have on numerous occasions sent the information of the unit received but for some reason no one can rectify this situation or even call me to discuss this matter.

I left numerous messages with Matebogo and the call center for her or the manager to kindly contact me over the phone but I am being outright ignored in that regard. Not even the manager is willing to take charge despite my calm, respectful and understanding demeanor with him over the phone yesterday.

I must have spent R 100 airtime thus far and am still spending nearly R 2000 at the Somerset west branch on upgrading the laptop as to not void the warranty which I do not even have.

I am shocked with this service and have spent thousands of rands already and continue to spend more thousands with incredible connection but still receive terrible service and a costly, unpleasant experience leaving me regretful of using incredible connection.

Please can someone who is willing to assist call me on [protected].

Desired outcome: I would love a response .A discount on products purchased or gift card might be a nice gesture but not compulsory

8:18 am EST

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - Layby at Russells

I applied for a layby at Russells on the 26th Dec 2021, i received a confirmation email with the banking details, i then made a payment of R1500 and forwarded proof to the email address as stated on the confirmation email. I have not received anything confirming payment or layby number, i contacted them and they said they will call me back as they have escalated to their online team, i wrote on their complaints board and still no call or email from them, now all i want is for them to give me my money back i will go buy a bed at a different furniture store.

26/12/2021
[protected]

Desired outcome: Refund/Acknowledge that they received the money and provide me with a layby number and necessary steps from here

1 comment
Feb 09, 2022 12:26 pm EST

I bought a bed "Restonic Marvelous" at Russell's Krugersdorp on the 29th October 2021. On the 9th October 2021 i contacted the store and complained about the bed, that its making noice and it already looks old, even the springs are coming out, i can feel them.

Was informed that Restonic will get hold of me and they will come to collect the bed and guess what? Am still stuck with the same bed. I can see that i am not taken serious here and to make things easy for everyone i just need Russell's to take their bed back and i want my money back i will go somewhere to buy bed.

Secondly on the 26th asked for a refund on the laybye i did, i saw myself signing a refund form and also I've submitted my banking details. It has been 2weeks and i have not received any payment from Russell's. Now i want nothing to do with Russell and i want my all my money back

12:25 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a 55 inch LED Sansui TV at B444 Russell's Attridgeville last year 26 November 2021. It has suddenly stopped showing pictures. There's sound but the pictures are dimmed. We contacted Russell's for assistance about this since it has a 2 year warranty but none of them where willing to tell us when they going to help fix the Television.

T
1:42 pm EST

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - complaint

30/10/2021

[protected]

- 30 October went to pay my balance that was been owed to the the tv that i had lay bye
they took my payment and after me making a full payment they told about the tv license that i paid when i lay bye the tv 28/11/2020 they told me I'm not going to receive my tv and on top of that it was not available. The manage from Russell's in in Protea gardens mall was so rude as well as the cashier that took a payment and manger while she was speaking to me that she was been calling her friends while i was speaking to him when i requested for a refund they told me to send a proof of payment while they deducted on my account. Honestly and truly speaking i am not happy with the services that i am receiving from the yours and i would to have a new tv that come with a courtesy bad service that i received from terrible experience at that store
-application reference [protected]

Desired outcome: want to have my tv that i lay bye with courtesy from

2:42 am EDT

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - Repair

I bought a lennox cnr couch cash on 25/06/2021 on 13/08/2021 they took it for repair on 27/08/2021 was delivered back and before 25/09/2021 it was broken again where it was repaired and on 01/2021 it went again for repair, till to date i dont recieve how far is my couch and i bought it cash, am disappointed in your service, i am now sitting down as if i didn't buy a couch, please bring it back i will fix it my self or give me my money back, when i call they are taking me from pillar to
post, I WANT MY MONEY BACK, YOUR SERVICE IS POOR.Reference is RO-ROCH-[protected]-5189

Desired outcome: Money back

1 comment
Mar 24, 2022 7:41 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the exact same query regarding my Lennox corner lounge suite and Rochester is refusing to issue my refund! They have been holding on to half of my lounge suite since early December 2021 and to date i have heard NOTHING!

The legs are broken AGAIN on the other half in my house and the springs on the couch are makiing a noise. These same issues have been apparently fixed twice by Rochester and the couches still come back defective! Cut your losses with this store!

S
3:45 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a TV and washing machine last year at Russells Alex plaza and I was happy with them, June this year the TV had two black line on the screen, I then went to the branch to report the issue and a guy Gcina assisted me. I was told that I need to bring the to branch so that they get someone to fix it, I did that and a few days later someone came to...

V
2:58 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A warranty claim had been submitted for the repairs on a Grafton Everest lounge suite in 2019. The unit was repaired and sent back to me in an extremely poor condition. I refused to accept the unit and sent it back to the warehouse. I received a call from a representative at JD group and Grafton Everest assuring me that unit will be fixed to my...

3:33 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Morning Sameer Please see below matter. I was called on Friday that they are on their way to the warehouse to pick up my bedroom suite. Round about 15h30 the sales lady called me and advise that all the suites are scratched that they can't give me one. More excuses if you ask me. They knew that there was no suite available but kept me waiting. Now I must...

I
2:03 pm EDT

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - Service

Hello
I took a fridge on credit at Russells in EL. Then due to defaults the account was handed over to Deb Collectors. Made arrangements with them then 2 debut orders went off for the same account. Sent an email to credit provider regarding their debit order, a refund ticket was logged around the 4th of March 2021 which was supposed to take 7-14 working days. 27th March I sent another email to follow up and I was told that the ticket was logged and I must contact ADRS. When I asked why refer me but you debited the money they never replied to my emails again. Is it possible to outsoutce an account and still debit whereas there are arrangements with third party in place?...My email address is [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Cancel the debi check and pay my refund

B
6:27 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I took delivery of a fridge on the 29th Jan 2021. The delivery guys were adamant to get through my front door when making the delivery, despite me asking them to go through the sliding door as it offered more space for the fridge to get through. This resulted in them breaking the lamp outside my front door, along with pulling the security gate out of the...

R
11:25 am EST

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - Exchange or Refund of Asus Laptop

I bought an Asus Laptop from Hi Fi Corp Kwagga Mall on the 12th of September 2020.It started making noise soon after and when we went to wanted to return it the followimng week we found the store closed.As the only store near was witbank or pretoria about 90km from kwaggafontein i only got time to go to Hi Fi in Atterbury who took the laptop for repairs and it came back and did the same problem.i again went to witbank hi fi corp and told them of my predicament and was told that they will ask for a credit and today(01 february 2021)they told me the credit was rejected and they have repaired it.Is it my fault that i bought from a branch which later closed down and ultimately have to drive all these kilometres to be told that its my fault i did not come within the stipulated time.Its having the same problem it had before and all i am getting there is nothing we can do, it has to be taken for repairs again.

View 0 more photos
1:53 pm EST

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - Poor customer service

Good day,

I trust that you are well.

This is for the attention of Peter Griffiths..

My name is Nwabisa Mtwa with a Rochester account number: ‪[protected]‬...

Firstly let me commend you on your beautiful furniture and designs.

I am however unhappy about your teams lack of empathy, customer service and the disrespect experienced from your team to say the least...
My experience with your team has really been undesirable...
This is my complaint, I hope and trust that this will be handled accordingly...

In 2019 4th October in Woodmead I took out an account with Rochester and was advised that I'd have two options of settlement if I take out anything with your store...
First being a 12 month and second being a 24 month settlement with interest... I took out a bedroom suite with Rochester that same year and have been paying instalments of R1188. 82 since my first debit order date of November 2019...Today I decided to confirm my settlement date and amount and was told about a future date September 2023 and a balance due of +-R20 000... This confused me a lot as this means my contract and what is actually happening with this account is 2 different things... I am still very confused as your customer service team has provided minimal support and understanding in this matter...

I spoke to Regan, the store manager in woodmead telephonically... Although he didn't have the information I needed he was very helpful and advised me to contact Head office... After contacting Head office I was redirected to a very discourteous and impolite man by the name of Thabiso Ramankge... This man was unprofessional and repeated addressed me as if I was someone he knew off the street... I had to keep reminding him to address me accordingly as he was speaking to a customer... He even made comments and remarks in between our conversation that elevated the frustration and confusion... I don't think this man has been properly trained please listen to the conversation between us...

So now I am back where I started, clueless about the break down of my settlement and calculations as no one seems to know about this since using a "new system"...

Regards,
Nwabisa Mtwa

12:25 pm EST

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - Employees rights

JD Group as a whole is useless. Their 27 hours or casuals are being paid peanuts and they are being made promises that I not being kept how can a person be told that they earn commission and basic salary but yet the money and the pay sheets do not correspond and the HR department do not even know their job because they fail to give answers regarding the part-timers salaries... Maybe the labor department will give us a logical explanation regarding this matter kind regards concerned citizen... Specifically incredible connection

Desired outcome: Action must be taken

R
4:07 am EST

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - Financial Services

I contacted Connect Financial Services in December to pay up my account and close it which I have done so from my end. On December 28th I contacted them again for the 3rd time to confirm the account has been closed and for my refund to be issued as they still took their debit order even though I asked them to cancel the debit order request on the day I paid up and closed my account.
I was asked to send my bank statement and ID (Which they already have) to get my refund processed in the same day. When asked for an email confirmation or an sms to confirm what their cancelation process is I was told that they do not send emails or texts.

I called them again today to confirm if my refund had been processed. I was told by Portia that the refund is still in the queue and I need to wait for the refund to be processed. I asked her what their processing timescales were and she told me I will receive my funds back in 7 - 14 working days from the time that they process the refund. She informed me that the refund had not begun even yet and I just need to wait. When explaining to her that I wasn't informed of the process she told me there's nothing they can do and that's just their process.

I asked to speak to a manager and was told that managers don't speak to customers. When asked for an email or text again to understand their cancelation and refund process, I was told they can't send me anything like that and I just need to take the word of the agent.

Everytime I call the centre I get different information and it seems like I won't ever be getting my funds back.

I have followed their complaints process yet haven't gotten any resolution from them at all and nobody is being held accountable for the bad service given by their agents everyday I call.

Desired outcome: My refund and account closure. The representatives I spoke to needs to be held accountable for giving me wrong information and providing bad service

V
3:12 am EST

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - Service provided goods not delivered

On Dec 20.12.2020 I opened and account with Russels store in Wynberg. I have been having problems with them since then to date. They failed to follow up and provide feedback regarding my application and I had to everything myself. On top of that I had to pay transport to fetch part of my order because they could not do the arrangements or even car enough. Now I am struggling to find the fridge no one can tell where it and it was meant to be delivered yesterday. Sadia the branch manager is so rude... That I am beginning to think that this racial issue.
I don't know what did I do to deserve this... On Top all this I am spending money to call and follow up no one is going to compensate me. This so unfair really!

Desired outcome: Refund/ Immidiate Delivery

1:58 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchase date 19 September 2020 Complaint date logged at the store 3 October 2020 I'm not happy with how HiFi Corporation Southgate is treating my case. I feel I'm not treated as a customer. I bought a Samsung 55inch Qled tv worth R11, 999 from the abovementioned store. When I bought the tv I didn't have a tv stand as I was waiting for it's delivery. On...

T
7:31 am EST

JDG Financial Services / JD Group - Delivery of order

Hello I hope you are going to get my bed delivered to me as promised on ypur website that its 2-5 working days.

I cant be calling and getting different stories all the time. You had no issues receiving my payment so I expect the same from you when it comes to delivery.

My email [protected]@gmail.com

C
4:56 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

- I have received extremely poor customer service from Nomvula (Sleepmasters-Middestad-Pretoria), as well as experiencing dishonesty in her dealings. - The above-mentioned item caught my eye when I was doing window shopping for the third time, especially the solid design and structure of the base which contributed to my final decision. To my dismay, upon...

JDG Financial Services / JD Group contacts

Phone number

+27 114 080 408

Website

jdgroup.co.za

Most discussed JDG Financial Services / JD Group complaints

Layby at Russells
(opinions to this review)
Repair
(opinions to this review)